Embezzlement charges: discussion, etc.

newkid said:
I have a couple of shady relatives myself and certainly wouldn't want to be judged by their actions.
Who doesn't?

However, if any of the family members are involved someway with the embezzlement and we will have to wait to see if that is confirmed or not, then, as some other poster previously said, the white gloves come off. I was wondering if the two posters that voted for a family member on the Who killed Janet Abaroa poll knows something and wants to share?

SouthEastSleuth said:
**This is NOT CONFIRMED INFORMATION:**

As I understand it. there is a Team Sales department at Eurosport. They do exactly that, sell to organized teams.

The Team Sales dept is actually split into two groups:

1) one of which deals with large organized programs, ie, college teams, pro teams, etc.

2) The other division deals with soccer clubs, amateur groups, parks & rec type groups, etc. (this sort of group include organizations such as the Hispanic league GM pointed out, La Liga de Raleigh).

Raven was hired directly to manage the second division.

At the same time Raven was hired, Janet was hired as well. She was working in the basic Eurosport order department, or call center as they call it. There, you take primarily phone orders and internet orders.

Later on, Janet was helping out in the accounting department. An opening came up eventually, and Janet moved full-time to accounting.

Both were in these same positions as the time Raven was terminated.

Again, NOT CONFIRMED INFORMATION...NOT VERIFIED INFORMATION...
SES has it pretty much right. Janet and Raven never worked in the same department. She worked in the regular call center, then part-time in accounting, then full-time in accounting. Raven managed the inbound sales group that worked with individual teams that called in, not large clubs, colleges or high schools.

Munch, you're an angel. Thanks so much for registering to share what you know with us. We've been banging our heads repeatedly over some of these issues so your presence here is truly invaluable. Thanks again from the bottom of my heart.

munch said:
SES has it pretty much right. Janet and Raven never worked in the same department. She worked in the regular call center, then part-time in accounting, then full-time in accounting. Raven managed the inbound sales group that worked with individual teams that called in, not large clubs, colleges or high schools.
Munch: Do you know of anyone at Raven's former employment or anyone he fired, in your opinion, that was truly angry with Raven.....enough to murder?

ewwwinteresting said:
Munch: Do you know of anyone at Raven's former employment or anyone he fired, in your opinion, that was truly angry with Raven.....enough to murder?

UNCONFIRMED. I was told that over a year had passed since Raven had fired anyone before he was fired. JMHO, but if that is true, it would have been a very long time for someone to hold a grudge.

I have some additional information regarding Raven's court hearing.

The court calendars for Friday were released, and Raven's five charges are clearly on the docket.

177 05CR 050503 ABAROA,RAVEN FOSTER,D HPD
BOND: WPA
(F)EMBEZZLEMENT PLEA: VER:
CLS:H P: L: JUDGMENT:

178 05CR 050504 ABAROA,RAVEN FOSTER,D HPD
BOND: $1 WPA

179 05CR 050505 ABAROA,RAVEN FOSTER,D HPD

180 05CR 050506 ABAROA,RAVEN FOSTER,D HPD

181 05CR 050507 ABAROA,RAVEN FOSTER,D HPD

I was a little confused over some of the notations, and searched forever trying to find some explanations, finally gave up, and just called the Clerk of Court's Office for Orange County. The kind woman there provided me the following info:

- D. Foster is the complainant, and HPD is the Hillsborough Police Dept.

- $1 WPA is just an internal note that designated no actual bond was paid. The WPA stands for "written promise to appear."

- (F)EMBEZZLEMENT - felony, embezzlement

- "H" is the type of felony classification

She told me that TYPICALLY if the case is noted "WPA," then the defendant does indeed HAVE to appear in court.

What I'm not exactly clear on is what is supposed to transpire. If in fact Raven has "confessed", perhaps this is the formality of a plea of guilty in court?

Also, as I understand it from asking some local lawyers, an appearance in District Court (which is what's scheduled here) for a FELONY, is usually just to bind a defendant over to SUPERIOR COURT, which handles ALL felonies in NC.

Confusing stuff, I know.

So, it will interesting to see what, if anything happens on Friday with all of this. As has been pointed out, it could very well end up being a closed meeting with his attorney and the ADA! But, who knows....

The details:

Orange County, District Court Division
Criminal Court
Hillsborough, NC

Firday, June 10, 2005

Courtroom #2
Afternoon Session, begins at 2:00PM

407 (YIKES!) cases on the docket (although, I'm told that many are not even dealt with, or, take like 30 seconds). And Raven's cases are #177-181.

It is my INTENT to go over to Hillsborough for the hearing. I'm having a little trouble clearing my schedule right now...but, hopefully. If there is anyone else relatively local that is planning on going, or, would go, that'd be great too!

The calendar link: (FYI, these links do NOT stay active for very long)

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/data/ORANGE/calendar/DISTRICT.DISTRICT_CRIMINAL_FELONY_.06.10.05.PM.0002.CAL.txt

SES, thanks for the research! Any chance of you hiding behind poles to snap some photos of Raven on his way in and out? :crazy:

It's been a long time waiting, but I received this reply to an inquiry I made regarding the upcoming court date:

I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I've been swamped lately. I check with the district attorney and he told me this case has NOT been resolved. There is actually a hearing set for this Friday regarding the case, although I don't think Raven Abaroa has to be there- just his attorney.

Again- sorry for the delay!

Julia Lewis

Reporter
WRAL-TV5

Nice work SES. I'm interested to find out what transpires.

SouthEastSleuth said:
I have some additional information regarding Raven's court hearing.

The court calendars for Friday were released, and Raven's five charges are clearly on the docket.

She told me that TYPICALLY if the case is noted "WPA," then the defendant does indeed HAVE to appear in court.
This would be my understanding too. Why the media suggested he didn't have to be there is interesting. But the media has been wrong before, haven't they??:crazy:

Thanks for going SES....wish I could join you!

ewwwinteresting said:
This would be my understanding too. Why the media suggested he didn't have to be there is interesting. But the media has been wrong before, haven't they??:crazy:

Thanks for going SES....wish I could join you!

Just a thought, but do you think that the media is being told this information so that they will NOT show up? :waitasec:

golfmom said:
Just a thought, but do you think that the media is being told this information so that they will NOT show up? :waitasec:
That might make sense. It seems like that would take a lot of effort, though, to mislead the media like that. (or am I just being naive?)

anneshirley said:
That might make sense. It seems like that would take a lot of effort, though, to mislead the media like that. (or am I just being naive?)

Heck again I don't know and it was just a thought. If the media is being mislead, someone is doing a great job of doing so. Especially in light of the next-to-nothing coverage we've seen to date.

But, if LE didn't want reporters at the scheduled court date, all they need to say is ... we don't expect him to be there.

golfmom said:
Heck again I don't know and it was just a thought. If the media is being mislead, someone is doing a great job of doing so. Especially in light of the next-to-nothing coverage we've seen to date.

But, if LE didn't want reporters at the scheduled court date, all they need to say is ... we don't expect him to be there.
You're right. I wouldn't be surprised if LE was behind all of the silence (from reporters, raven and janet's family...). I wonder why....hmmm.
and here we go...full circle.
It's an interesting theory, GM. I'm sure there's validity to it!

anneshirley said:
You're right. I wouldn't be surprised if LE was behind all of the silence (from reporters, raven and janet's family...). I wonder why....hmmm.
and here we go...full circle.
It's an interesting theory, GM. I'm sure there's validity to it!
Yeah, but I'm impatient!:crazy:

golfmom said:
You know . . . it had crossed my mind that LE may not have released much info on this case to the press cuz they KNOW where a certain person is going to be at a certain time on Friday, June 10th.

SES, have you decided whether you're going to be able to attend the proceedings on Friday yet?

Jesstexas said:
You know . . . it had crossed my mind that LE may not have released much info on this case to the press cuz they KNOW where a certain person is going to be at a certain time on Friday, June 10th.

SES, have you decided whether you're going to be able to attend the proceedings on Friday yet?

There really is no rush for LE in this case. Look at it this way...Raven goes to court for the embezzlement. He will at LEAST get probation and fines, so LE is going to know where Raven is for the next several years. They have all the time in the world to cross their "t's" and dot their "i's".

...there is a small innocent boy, Kaiden, involved here who is possibly being cared for by someone who may have murdered his mother...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back