Emmys will edit Kathy Griffin’s offensive speech

DK, that's why I put some people ignore ;)

It's not funny at all, and I can't believe she said that. Her career will take a turn for the worst I am sure.

Anyone watch her reality show?When she played on Suddenly Susan,I really didn't like her.But when she started doing her reality show I started understanding her more and more.Now I like her.I think that show was good for her (unlike the Scott Baio 40 and single one,he comes off like such a jerk to me)

One show she went to Iraq to give a show:)clap: ) Her and her husband were fine,he was doing her hair ect.Then I missed some shows and when I came back she was going on dates :waitasec: So what in the world happened with her and her husband?Anyone know?

The suck it part is the only part I don't care for.The rest of it I got a good chuckle :)

She divorced Matt because she found out he had been taking her ATM card while she was asleep and withdrawing money from her account. I forgot how much it added up to, but that brought in trust issues that she couldn't overcome. I, too, think she is hilarious. I think the line about Jesus may have been a bit over the line, and I don't even believe in Jesus. But I think her point was that Jesus would not involve himself in the Emmy nomination and voting process.

i'm glad they removed it. if you have to go that low to get a laugh perhaps your talent is low as well. the world is full of prejudice and to join in it for the humor of others is beyond me. no group should be attacked in this way for a laugh. just because people of faith are a politically correct target does not make it right.

I don't think her comment said anything about people of faith.
It was directed towards Jesus.

If she'd said "suck it, Allah", she'd have the Muslims declaring a fatwah against her, but it's ok and even funny to some people to be rude and horrible about God. Just shows the state our world is in.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

(And that was exactly DK's point too, I believe).

Shaz - go to the first post in this thread and click on the Kathy Won her first Emmy link, then on the second paragraph in there click on Kathy screamed obscenties and listen to her and tell me what you think.

Well, now Ive seen her, heard her and I hate her. I am one of the 5000 in the auditorium at the Emmys who didnt think she was funny.
And to rip off terminally ill children or children in wheelchairs is really sicko.
She needs to suck her #####, cos she sucks bigtime.:loser:

Shaz - go to the first post in this thread and click on the Kathy Won her first Emmy link, then on the second paragraph in there click on Kathy screamed obscenties and listen to her and tell me what you think.

I did that, and you know, I think she has a great gift for making people laugh, but I can't handle the language. I just don't think it's necessary to be so crude in order to have a good routine.

Nevertheless, she's funny, but definitely out of line with those remarks.

I did that, and you know, I think she has a great gift for making people laugh, but I can't handle the language. I just don't think it's necessary to be so crude in order to have a good routine.

Nevertheless, she's funny, but definitely out of line with those remarks.

Did I also mention that her voices irritates the crap outta me?

Yep.
I honestly didnt think she was funny, she was vulgar and prejudice, how can making fun of terminally ill children be funny. Notice when she says suck my d### the cameras went to the men in the audience, anything below the waist is funny to them, they have nothing upstairs.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

(And that was exactly DK's point too, I believe).

Yes, that was exactly the same point I was making. :)

There is no need to be blasphemous about it, either, and this crosses over into that area, since Christians believe He is the Son of God. I was reading Jossip.com and even they reported like "Earth to Kathy, some people are sensitive about Jesus," lol. I wouldn't find it funny if she told Allah to suck it, either. It's out of bounds, in my view.

She divorced Matt because she found out he had been taking her ATM card while she was asleep and withdrawing money from her account. I forgot how much it added up to, but that brought in trust issues that she couldn't overcome. I, too, think she is hilarious. I think the line about Jesus may have been a bit over the line, and I don't even believe in Jesus. But I think her point was that Jesus would not involve himself in the Emmy nomination and voting process.

Thank you for answering my question.That would bring up some big trust issues.

Also I believe her point was that Jesus would not involve himself in something like that.Still that Suck it part (can't even bring myself to type it) is going to cause her some trouble I do believe.

That's for sure!

548r0py.gif
6gd545h.gif

Yep.
I honestly didnt think she was funny, she was vulgar and prejudice, how can making fun of terminally ill children be funny. Notice when she says suck my d### the cameras went to the men in the audience, anything below the waist is funny to them, they have nothing upstairs.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Now what makes you say THAT?? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: LOL!

Thank you for answering my question.That would bring up some big trust issues.

Also I believe her point was that Jesus would not involve himself in something like that.Still that Suck it part (can't even bring myself to type it) is going to cause her some trouble I do believe.

Can't tell you the number of times I've taken my sleeping husband's ATM card and withdrawn money! I guess the difference is that I don't conceal it from him. Did you know her sweet, funny father died earlier this year? I loved him. I find Kathy Griffin hysterical when she is going off on celebrities. When she tries to be funny about political or religious issues, she just doesn't have the knack for it. Those jokes are almost always flat, boorish, overdone -- well just basically unfunny. I don't think she's smart enough to be witty about serious subjects. I admired her very much for her trip to Iraq and also to Afganistan. She's brave, I'll give her that.

...I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus. So, all I can say is, ‘suck it, Jesus.’ This award is my god now.”...
I am curious as to how the audience responded to this pathetic speech. It's really disgusting and not funny at all.

Can't tell you the number of times I've taken my sleeping husband's ATM card and withdrawn money! I guess the difference is that I don't conceal it from him. Did you know her sweet, funny father died earlier this year? I loved him. I find Kathy Griffin hysterical when she is going off on celebrities. When she tries to be funny about political or religious issues, she just doesn't have the knack for it. Those jokes are almost always flat, boorish, overdone -- well just basically unfunny. I don't think she's smart enough to be witty about serious subjects. I admired her very much for her trip to Iraq and also to Afganistan. She's brave, I'll give her that.

I so agree with you.I was just on the phone with my hubby and I told him that I find her funny when she is doing her celebrities bit.Also when she is just being herself.Thats why I am glad I got to see that part of her on her show,because I sure could not stand her before I watched her.She should just leave the political stuff out and most defenitly leave out ALL religion in her acts.

I did know her dad passed.I watched a rerun not long ago.I was in tears through the whole show.Both her mom and dad are good sweet people.Loved it when they were on her show.

She was very brave when she went to Iraq and Afganistan.When she was in one of Sadams Palaces and she was getting ready for a show,her hair in rollers and make-up partly done and a mortar went off near by.I would have freaked out for sure.

I love KG. She is a riot. She makes fun of herself and everyone. She is a D lister people she will work on her class. lol.

My favorites were when her dad and mom went to a gay club to go drinking cuz it was cheaper.

I thought it was funny. How often do you get to hear someone say "Suck it, Jesus"?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back