Emmys will edit Kathy Griffin’s offensive speech

I thought it was funny. How often do you get to hear someone say "Suck it, Jesus"?

I thought it was funny, too, but I can see both sides of this one.

I love KG. She is a riot. She makes fun of herself and everyone. She is a D lister people she will work on her class. lol.

My favorites were when her dad and mom went to a gay club to go drinking cuz it was cheaper.

i agree...i love her....& the episode you're talking about was hilarious...two little old people hittin a gay club at happy hour....i'll really miss seeing her Dad on the show....

anyone that knows anything about Kathy, should have known she'd come up with something 'off color/offensive' when receiving her award...that's just the way she is...i'm sure it didn't surprise THAT many people......i too, admire her for going to Iraq & Afganistan....she made the troops laugh & they LOVED her...she also did a show at a women's & men's prison....both of which absoutely loved her....

she talked nice about Whitney Houston once, saying she really liked the show Being Bobby Brown & Whitney's voice BOBBBYYYYY, BOBBBYYYYY...then under her breath she said "crack voice", lol....the celebs she 'attacks' ask for it, with the stupid things they do...like Britney showing her 'tootie' 3 times in one week....she did a GREAT standup about Lindsey Lohan....i can't even attempt to describe how hilarious it was.......she's not worried about what people think...she said she has loads of lawyers & she pays them well, LOL....they get on the phones & apologize to Bravo, or E Entertaiment, the Emmy's last year when she JOKINGLY got mad about not winning...she said her lawyers were on the phone all day long apologizing:p

i think she says a LOT of what people really think, but are afraid to say....she DOES have a tender side also....i cried when her Daddy died...he'll be greatly missed....

Glad I won't be running into HER in the afterlife :rolleyes:
I'm not sure if I would condemn her to the depths of hell just yet. Just because she makes off color jokes (she is a comedian) doesn't mean she's doesn't believe in God or is a horrible person. IMO, even if someone doesn't believe in God that doesn't automatically make them an bad person.

I took the "suck it" to be related to the wrestling term that was big a couple of years ago.

Anyone hear of that? When the wrestler won ( I forget since I never really watched cuz it looks so fake) he'd cross his hands down by his crotch and yell "Suck it!"

I took the "suck it" to be related to the wrestling term that was big a couple of years ago.

Anyone hear of that? When the wrestler won ( I forget since I never really watched cuz it looks so fake) he'd cross his hands down by his crotch and yell "Suck it!"

Well that seems appropriate considering the fan base of wrestling is 8-12 year old boys.:doh:

Well that seems appropriate considering the fan base of wrestling is 8-12 year old boys.:doh:

LOL, you haven't meet some of my husband's friends. They used to meet every week to watch "Smackdown". Most of their wives even got into it and knew all the terms.

Sorry but I'd rather go to my room with a good book! LOL

Bottom line on all of this is what's offensive to some is not offensive to others. We live in America, let's not censor everything. The schools are already getting flack for the allegience, flags are offensive, Santa Claus is offensive, it goes against the grain of what America stands for, that's my opinion anyway. :boohoo:

LOL, you haven't meet some of my husband's friends. They used to meet every week to watch "Smackdown". Most of their wives even got into it and knew all the terms.

Sorry but I'd rather go to my room with a good book! LOL

OH MY!! LOL I'm with you. I'll settle even for a bad book compared to that crapola!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If she had been muslim and said "suck it allah" she'd have been beheaded already!

I have always thought she was crass, and that's exactly the reason she's on the D list. I think she should be on the F or Z list! I don't even think she's that funny. She totally flopped when she went overseas to visit our soldiers.

She just wants more attention and POOF she got it.

I don't imagine Jesus enjoys being told to "suck it" either. God may have a sense of humor, but He certainly expects and deserves respect, honor and glory.

Ouch.

She has no class at all, you don't make fun of other peoples religion period. Sara Silverman is very offensive too and I use to like Roseann Barr but her special on HBO is very politically motivated and she cusses the whole time, I shut it off. If you can't be funny without being offensive then maybe your not funny!

She has no class at all, you don't make fun of other peoples religion period. Sara Silverman is very offensive too and I use to like Roseann Barr but her special on HBO is very politically motivated and she cusses the whole time, I shut it off. If you can't be funny without being offensive then maybe your not funny!
we went and rented "bill cosby himself" recently. my daughter is just hitting the teen years and i wanted a comedy we could enjoy together. i had noticed when i pick her up at middle school the filth that comes out of the kids mouths. now we have a date once a week where we listen to music or watch a movie where i try and teach her people with real talent dont have to show such a low level of behavior.

I don't think she was making fun of religion. I think she was making fun of people who accept awards with cliche'd speeches about thanking God and Jesus when they aren't very religious to begin with. That's just my take. I can't believe I'm defending Kathy Griffin. I feel dirty.

apparently there was 'colorful' language used by others, lol....

NBC netted 12 awards, including two for “Saturday Night Live,” and one for “30 Rock,” in which Elaine Stritch won guest actress in a comedy series.

Assisted by a cane, Ms. Stritch made her way to the stage and kicked off the blue language.

“I can’t get over that I still feel the way I do. It is un-*advertiser censored*king-believable,” Ms. Stritch said as she accepted her statuette. She joked that she hurt her foot after she lost her balance at an Alcoholic Anonymous meeting. “I should have stayed home and had a drink,” she said

http://www.tvweek.com/news/2007/09/creative_arts_emmys_winners_hb.php

i thought this spoof from SNL, with Justin Timberlake, was long ago, but it won an emmy the other night??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmVU08zVpA

I don't think she was making fun of religion. I think she was making fun of people who accept awards with cliche'd speeches about thanking God and Jesus when they aren't very religious to begin with. That's just my take. I can't believe I'm defending Kathy Griffin. I feel dirty.

it's my take also....

you either love her or you hate her pretty much...there's not much 'gray' area w/Kathy, imo, lol......there's another video on youtube that i won't post, but it's a good one, where she talks about being on The Today Show, the same day Ann Coulter was on it griping about the 911 widows.....Kathy had a LOT to say about Ms Coulter, needless to say:cool:

Well, now Ive seen her, heard her and I hate her. I am one of the 5000 in the auditorium at the Emmys who didnt think she was funny.
And to rip off terminally ill children or children in wheelchairs is really sicko.
She needs to suck her #####, cos she sucks bigtime.:loser:

Love it, you don't know her, had never heard of her- but now you hate her.

And I sometimes wonder why our world has no hope...people hating people that they don't even know, kinda like how everyone HATES Musilims now....when most Muslims are peace loving people...

That's how I saw it too-

If she had been muslim and said "suck it allah" she'd have been beheaded already!

I have always thought she was crass, and that's exactly the reason she's on the D list. I think she should be on the F or Z list! I don't even think she's that funny. She totally flopped when she went overseas to visit our soldiers.

She just wants more attention and POOF she got it.

I don't imagine Jesus enjoys being told to "suck it" either. God may have a sense of humor, but He certainly expects and deserves respect, honor and glory.

Ouch.

Well said! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think the fact that more people aren't offended by some has-been saying what she said about the Lord proves the end times are very close. This would have caused greater outrage not that many years ago. Or maybe that's just how WS is, lol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back