Emotions regarding case...

Thanks for all your responses. I can say that this hasn't really taken over my life. But it is constantly on my mind. And I come here often to check and see if there have been any updates.

Let's see...
1. I am losing sleep. A cigarette and a pot of coffee is substituting for sleep right now.
2. I am letting my other cases lag, because I might miss something on this one if i wander to far for too long.
3. I am actually trying to involve my fiancee, who really does not bother with things such as these...
4. My oldest child actually prayed, "Let Caylee come home so Mommy will cook dinner again. I don't like Daddy dinners"
Am I considered obsessed?

Uh oh.....

FWIW, it is scary there are more posts here now including the sub forum than there are in the entire JBR forum, unless there is older stuff from there that is archived somewhere.....

I'm so tired of this, there is nothing really new that is RELEVANT on a daily basis..... I'm tired of the hoopla..... Sadly the draw is the odd behavior of the family as opposed to the real issue- Caylee.... and I am about sick of being party to it... but that is just myself and no reflection on my thoughts of anyone else following the case.

I have gotten a few friends interested in this case by "making" them watch Greta & Nancy Grace instead of the Olympics.

I've been following cases since the OJ trial. I found websleuths during the Chandra Levy case. I do not lose any sleep over any of the cases, but I do find myself sometimes prefacing comments that I make with "I probably watch too much CourtTV" (Yeah, I know, it isn't CourtTV any more). Every time it is reported that a woman has been found murdered I immediately think the husband/boyfriend did it. (And SO often that is the case!)

I now have my husband watching Nancy Grace nightly with me. AND he's watching trials during the day. (He's off work sick right now.) Little quirky secret I've discovered: My husband gets off work at 3:30 Eastern, is home by 4:00 PM. I don't get home until later. Since he's been off work at home sick, I call him to see how he is doing, if he needs me to stop for anything at the store on the way home, etc. Sometimes in the afternoons he was quite short with me and seemed to want to get off the phone. Upon questioning, it urns out there is an afternoon soap opera that he has been watching faithfully for several years now when he gets home from work! Hey, who knew???

First post! Hello, all.

I have been closely following this case for two weeks now, my heart breaks for this little girl.

Two weeks ago I learned that my mother passed away. We had been estranged for years. A long, ugly story with an unhappy ending. In typical fashion (for me) I withdrew from the world, and to keep my mind busy I started obsessively reading the internet news. This is how I learned Caylee's story. And how I found you all here - researching news updates on google. Now I read this site more than the news reports since the information offered here is so up to date. And the opinions! Excellent. Every time I think of something to add, I find that it has already been discussed, so I have stayed quiet. This message strand discussing emotions about this case and how we were drawn to it seems the best way to say hi to you all and to let you know that I think you are doing a great job.

I so very badly want a happy ending to this nightmare for Caylee, she deserves it. But as each day progresses, I fear this beautiful, precious child will not be found. I am trying to hold onto some hope.

Other emotions regarding this case:
Anguish for Caylee, who at best, is in the hands of "kidnappers". Hope that she is safe.
Anger with the mother's callous disregard for the wellbeing of her daughter.
Mixed emotions toward the grandparents, fluctuating between compassion for their plight and confusion over how they are handling things.
Frustration - this whole investigation is taking so long and seems to go in circles at times.

Thanks for reading!

I found Websleuths during the Laci Peterson case. To this day, I can't explain to you what drew me to that case and why I cared so much but I lived and breathed it for awhile.

Caylee resembles my daughter at that age and that may be part of why I care about this case. Her pictures just break my heart because I remember how vulnerable and precious my daughter was at 2 and 3.

Part of me also feels like Caylee needs as many people on her side as possible, no matter where she is.

I believe I came to Websleuths during the Laci Peterson case. Prior to that, for some unknown reason, I had decided to look up JonBenet's case to see if anything new was going on. After I found Websleuths, I read up on her case as well, but couldn't stand to read much. two years ago? during the John Mark Karr situation, I became completely obsessed with the JBR case and read any and every book on the subject so I could come to my own opinion.

I had NOT even been able to think that much about her until then...couldn't bear it. My dd was almost 2 when JBR died, and I just couldn't think about losing a child. I was pg during the Susan Smith case, and I couldn't think of that either. My mind would literally shut down and I'd feel kicked in the stomach.

I have only been able to follow these cases since my daughter is older, even though now there are still worries that something could happen to her. I will not let her walk anywhere like the park alone. When she walks to her friend's house up the street, she has to call me when she gets there because I can't see the front door. She is bigger than me and is a black belt in Tae Kwon Do!

My step-son about two weeks younger than JBR...i thought of her at his HS graduation in May.

for those of you with little kids...I honestly don't know how you read about this case. You must be very brave! That video of Caylee is so precious...reminds me of my dd when she was that age.

for those of you with little kids...I honestly don't know how you read about this case. You must be very brave! That video of Caylee is so precious...reminds me of my dd when she was that age.

That is what tugs at my heart strings. Caylee and my daughter are the EXACT same age. I just can't imagine doing anything to my daughter.

with Casey having access to TV, how on earth can she possibly allow her family to go through this anguish?

IMO, the visit on the 14th was staged.... Casey HAD to accept a visit because she knew continued advoidance only added to increasing speculation and partial facts towards her guilt.

Like someone said, this is a nightmare.

I followed the OJ case as well.

I found Websleuths a couple of days after Laci Peterson went missing. I've been following cases here since then. I rarely post, mostly read.

Caylee struck me because of her age. The young are so helpless, my heart bleeds for them when their parents don't take care of them as they should.

Susan Smith fooled me, I used to believe everything the parents said, but I've learned to read between the lines....oh and when a married or pregnant woman goes missing, I know know the husband or babies father is usually the culprit.

I usually keep a better eye on the missing, but am spending so many hours reading the Caylee threads I gave up on the missing for now.

i was JUST going to make a new thread tonight about how we are going to feel if they discover kaylee's body.

this has all been so surreal, sometimes i get really tired of the 'no information' and take a break for a while. but, i don't know exactly what is going to happen here.

IF she is found. i'm going to cry. i know it. and i'm PRETTY tough when it comes to things like this...

two other cases that have made me cry were samantha runnion (that was close tothe same period of the missing sweetie danielle van dam and i didn't cry for her for some reason, don't know why), and then the still missing jason jolkowski. i read his story and saw his face and broke into tears. i don't even have a son that age or anything! some things just really hit you.

i don't know what it is. but there are SO many of us interested in this case.
it's going to be a very sad sad day on websleuths when the truth comes out.

especially if that little girl is found in a horrible way.

i was JUST going to make a new thread tonight about how we are going to feel if they discover kaylee's body.

this has all been so surreal, sometimes i get really tired of the 'no information' and take a break for a while. but, i don't know exactly what is going to happen here.

IF she is found. i'm going to cry. i know it. and i'm PRETTY tough when it comes to things like this...

two other cases that have made me cry were samantha runnion (that was close tothe same period of the missing sweetie danielle van dam and i didn't cry for her for some reason, don't know why), and then the still missing jason jolkowski. i read his story and saw his face and broke into tears. i don't even have a son that age or anything! some things just really hit you.

i don't know what it is. but there are SO many of us interested in this case.
it's going to be a very sad sad day on websleuths when the truth comes out.

especially if that little girl is found in a horrible way.

Well said. I'm in a similar place. With so many cases I take notice and of course feel bad for the loss of any child or young person, but not like this. I feel more emotionally over Caylee and this case than just a casual observer. When...if...when they announce they've found Caylee and it isn't positive, I will likely be here shedding many tears with fellow WSers.

Violent crime, missing persons and missing children, wrench your heart and soul for none of it ever stands up to rhyme or reason. Discarding of people in any callous or indifferent manner is mind boggling. Hard cases to deal with and it impacts one deeply. Their very hard cases to both work up and investigate.

Hi, Everyone, Thanks SmileyAmy, for starting this thread,
I found this site by browsing the net, after I saw the news report saying missing child not reported for 31 days, and joined shortly afterward, I have been following this case almost from the start, It's the first missing child case that I've ever followed this closely, I love children, and consider them to be our most precious gift from God, So I'm quite emotional over this, and I know what you mean MistyM, I will most definitely be crying

I know...either way...however she is found, I will cry. I just hope its soon. :(

I have been a long time true crime reader. I don't buy the real gory ones...they are just too much for my sensibilities.My husband thinks I am crazy for reading these type books but I have sisters and cousins and friends who read the same. Ann Rule is my favorite because she goes into the criminal's backgrounds and she always finds what shaped that criminal as a child...if they came from a very dysfunctional family. Drugs,alcohol,all kinds of perversions,*advertiser censored* is a big cause that frame how these people grown up to be so abhorent to the normal person. After getting my computer several years ago and mainly finally getting cable on our road brought these stories to my attention when maybe I hadn't even read of the case,according to how far away the crimes occurred. I think these books and TV shows can help especially women to be more aware of their surroundings and to clutch their children closely when they are out...look what happened to little Adam Walsh in a Sears store of all places. Reading and keeping aware of every thing AND every ONE is the key to self preservation whether it's women or their children. There are always predators out there. We keep a running account of all sex predators that have moved into our town thru the local paper/or the Sex Offender Registry.
About little Caylee Anthony I am totally drawn in to her case because she is so young and all things point to her mother. I read your site for the Padilla's and was glad that someone had thought to do that for them both. I too thought Leonard was in it for the publicity but once he was on Nancy Grace night after night he subjected himself to all manners of criticism yet he never lost his cool. I began changing my mind about him then.And when he began commenting on Cindy and that she was in total denial and that Casey wouldn't talk to him I was completely won over on Leonard's side. Those grandparents know what happened and I think IMHO that they participated in the cover-up. Cleaning up Casey's messes and jams as they always had done. What is so different in this case than any that I have read or heard of is the Anthony's lying...changing their stories when it's on film,when it was at the bond hearing when Cindy perjured herself. I don't care what George Anthony USED to work as...the fact is he's lying now to save Casey. But what about their precious little grandaughter?Cindy, by her actions,ravings,and rantings,and George always going ballistic...but they KEPT talking to the reporters who they were cursing especially Cindy. It's been said down here in the South that Cindy never met a camera she didn't like. Instead of ever searching even ONE day,they watered their flowers,George cut his grass,they seemed to live out in front of their garage,they wanted people searching,even reporters...she was cursing each time telling all of America to get off their ***** and go find her grandaughter yet she never turned a hand to do any searching as her time was taken up with appearing on every show she could get on...so was George but never had time to search. Let that slimeball attorney of Casey's try to spin one more lie about how the Anthony's searched. THEY NEVER DID! On all the blogs,forums,etc., I have been on and so many from Orlando, people down there find it very odd and strange that these are the first family that never participated in a search for a loved one especially when it's a 2 yr.old child. Can any one say they have ever seen Cindy Anthony cry or show emotion unless it was anger and her profanities. Tm Miller and Equusearch were down to 35 volunters last week till Tim came on Nancy Grace and told of Cindy's tirade because of WHERE he and his team were searching. Cindy ordered every body to get out there and find her grandaughter and when they bring in this very reputable group, Cindy goes ballistic because she doesn't want them to search those 3 areas where the LE has said Casey's cell pinged...Cindy KNOWS
that Caylee is alive and she doesn't like them looking in the woods,around the airport. Tim Miller and team were going to pack it in until Sheriff Beary asked Tim for he and his team to stay...he gave them $5,000,planes,helicopters,drones,etc. and Cindy is MAD!!!
Cindy then added Tim Miller to her hit list...she already had Leonard Padilla,the famous bounty hunter on that same list,and she started weaving her hateful barbs about them both accusing them of wanting the publicity. Neither of these men need any Anthony publicity for one thing and she couldn't even thank them! Padilla gets their darling out of jail and Cindy herself calls up Tim Miller and his team Equusearch.Then George and Cindy go out and get all "lawyered up" and retain a media firm. What does that tell all of us? Why in heaven's name would those grandparents need representation if they weren't more guilty than I even thought??? And we find out last night that grandma and grandpa have sold pictures and videos of Caylee and Casey that was shown on 20/20 last night!
That baby has not even been FOUND and they are already receiving blood money off their supposedly so loved grandaughter. Something smells in Denmark and in this case it really smells in Orlando. What is wrong with this picture???

Thirty-five years ago when my son was just a baby, a little toddler boy was sexually abused, murdered and thrown into a river within my same state. I realized I had to be fearful and careful of something like that happening to my own child. That was the beginning. A few years later, I adopted a little girl who had lived her first 6 years with terrible abuse and neglect ... at one time I feared she would turn out to be rather like Casey Anthony is now due to that background, but thankfully my daughter is today a very wise and caring young woman with two wonderful daughters of her own and she is a wonderful mother to them.

I've worked nearly 20 years in law offices -- not criminal law, but it heightened my interest in criminal law and even in the offices of other types of law, there is interest and a lot of discussion and debate about cases in the news. Also, I read a lot of books in the genre ... legal thrillers, police and forensic novels, etc. I like learning a lot in those fields.

Last but not least, I have a particular bug-a-boo about men who prey on women and children, taking advantage of those weaker and smaller than they are, in so many ways. That doesn't appear to be the situation in this particular case, but it's still a matter of someone bigger and stronger taking advantage of a child in a terrible, criminal way.

I am not a long-time participant on Websleuths, I've participated on the Maura Murray case and on that of Dru Sjodin but not necessarily much on Websleuths. From an emotional standpoint, it is largely anger that I feel -- the pain doesn't come until I know what the victim suffered, and then it's pain plus rage. I participate because I want justice and an END to the unnecessary damage and loss of life that comes about due to selfish destructive people.

This is not the first case I have been drawn to but it hits me so hard as a mother who cannot fathom the thought of hurting one of my children. I shudder to think about what her last thoughts and sights were.

God bless her.

My draw came from having a 22 year old and a 3 year old !!!( a 5 year old and 18 year old too).

I feel like I know the ways of a 22 year old and I cherish my 3 year old.
I watch all parts of this case in different lights.
I would love to stay here as crime solving is facinating to me....
(my 18 year old daughter just went to FL to study forensic science)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back