Enter new thread ideas here! (All new threads must be approved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible JB was acting like he didn't know the rules of evidence, what hearsay is etc......so that JP would bend over backwards allowing JB to do things he would never have allowed a lawyer such as LDB or JA to do?

Is there any way we can keep the juror threads separate by name? It would be easier to discus their individual takes that way. TY.

I just want to second this. Since they are expressing different views, it seems like it'd be a good idea.

I'd be interested to hear thoughts on 'double jeopardy' which has been abolished in the UK - It just boggles me that with the advancement of forensics that Florida hasnt followed suit. I am praying that this will be the case. What thinks everyone and what evidence presented in the trial (eg post mortem banding) (air samples per Dr Vass) do you think could be used 10 years down the line against Casey if Double Jeopardy was abolished?

I've copied the below from Wiki which is interesting reading and brought many killers accountable

Following the murder of Stephen Lawrence, the Macpherson Report suggested that double jeopardy should be abrogated where "fresh and viable" new evidence came to light, and the Law Commission recommended in 2001 that it should be possible to subject an acquitted murder suspect to a second trial. The Parliament of the United Kingdom implemented these recommendations by passing the Criminal Justice Act 2003,[18] introduced by then Home Secretary David Blunkett. The double jeopardy provisions of the Act came into force in April 2005,[19] but are applicable to crimes committed before then.
Under the 2003 Act, retrials are now allowed if there is "new" and "compelling" evidence for certain serious crimes, including murder, manslaughter, kidnapping, rape, armed robbery, and serious drug crimes. All such retrials must be approved by the Director of Public Prosecutions, and the Court of Appeal must agree to quash the original acquittal.[20]
On 11 September 2006, William Dunlop became the first person to be convicted of murder after previously being acquitted. Twice he was tried for the murder of Julie Hogg in Billingham in 1989, but two juries failed to reach a verdict and he was formally acquitted in 1991. Some years later, he confessed to the crime, and was convicted of perjury. The case was re-investigated in early 2005, when the new law came into effect, and his case was referred to the Court of Appeal in November 2005 for permission for a new trial, which was granted.[21][22][23] Dunlop pleaded guilty to murdering Julie Hogg and raping her dead body repeatedly, and was sentenced to life imprisonment, with a recommendation he serve no less than 17 years.[24]
On 13 December 2010, Mark Weston became the first person to be convicted of murder after previously being found not guilty of the same offence, that of the murder of Vikki Thompson at Ascott-under-Wychwood on 12 August 1995. Weston's first trial was in 1996, when the jury found him not guilty. Following the discovery of compelling new evidence in 2009 – Thompson's blood on Weston's boots – Weston was arrested in 2009 and tried for a second time in December 2010, when he was found guilty of Thompson's murder, and sentenced to life imprisonment to serve a minimum of 13 years.[25]

"Celebrity Reactions To The Verdict" titled thread...

Tons of celebs speaking out about this.

Can we have a thread listing all the media outlets that try to pay KC for interviews so we can all express our anger and frustration towards them and hopefully shut down any chance KC has to profit off Caylee's death?

TIA

I would start a thread asking if Casey could ever redeem herself? What if she made a million from telling her story and donated it all to a charity that deals with violence against children or missing children? What if she went back to school got her GED, went to college and became a prosecutor? Will she ever be able to redeem herself or will she always be seen as a murdering mother? I don't know how I feel myself and would be curious to hear others.

I would like a thread for incoming jury reactions. Already we have heard from an alternate, but other jurors are starting to speak, such as the one found here: "Casey Juror: "Sick To Our Stomach" Over Verdict"

http://www.wftv.com/news/28466587/detail.html

Later edit:
WOOPS! Big ole' "duh" from me!! That thread already exists. Don't know how I didn't see it. Never mind.

I sent an e-mail to all the moderators asking for an action thread.
A thread to know how to let the state of Florida know how we feel and to let the networks/ reporters / publishers AND their sponsors that we will NOT watch or buy paid interviews/ books/ movies and may even go so far as to boycott the sponsors who advertise during such paid media.
Venting our frustrations is cathartic but doing nothing constructively just makes us guilty of apathy about the injustice of this verdict.

I understand this is a very very sensitive subject and WS may not want to advocate this, but maybe one of our web savvy members can start a website or know of one??

I'd be interested to hear thoughts on 'double jeopardy' which has been abolished in the UK - It just boggles me that with the advancement of forensics that Florida hasnt followed suit. I am praying that this will be the case. What thinks everyone and what evidence presented in the trial (eg post mortem banding) (air samples per Dr Vass) do you think could be used 10 years down the line against Casey if Double Jeopardy was abolished?

I've copied the below from Wiki which is interesting reading and brought many killers accountable

Following the murder of Stephen Lawrence, the Macpherson Report suggested that double jeopardy should be abrogated where "fresh and viable" new evidence came to light, and the Law Commission recommended in 2001 that it should be possible to subject an acquitted murder suspect to a second trial. The Parliament of the United Kingdom implemented these recommendations by passing the Criminal Justice Act 2003,[18] introduced by then Home Secretary David Blunkett. The double jeopardy provisions of the Act came into force in April 2005,[19] but are applicable to crimes committed before then.
Under the 2003 Act, retrials are now allowed if there is "new" and "compelling" evidence for certain serious crimes, including murder, manslaughter, kidnapping, rape, armed robbery, and serious drug crimes. All such retrials must be approved by the Director of Public Prosecutions, and the Court of Appeal must agree to quash the original acquittal.[20]
On 11 September 2006, William Dunlop became the first person to be convicted of murder after previously being acquitted. Twice he was tried for the murder of Julie Hogg in Billingham in 1989, but two juries failed to reach a verdict and he was formally acquitted in 1991. Some years later, he confessed to the crime, and was convicted of perjury. The case was re-investigated in early 2005, when the new law came into effect, and his case was referred to the Court of Appeal in November 2005 for permission for a new trial, which was granted.[21][22][23] Dunlop pleaded guilty to murdering Julie Hogg and raping her dead body repeatedly, and was sentenced to life imprisonment, with a recommendation he serve no less than 17 years.[24]
On 13 December 2010, Mark Weston became the first person to be convicted of murder after previously being found not guilty of the same offence, that of the murder of Vikki Thompson at Ascott-under-Wychwood on 12 August 1995. Weston's first trial was in 1996, when the jury found him not guilty. Following the discovery of compelling new evidence in 2009 – Thompson's blood on Weston's boots – Weston was arrested in 2009 and tried for a second time in December 2010, when he was found guilty of Thompson's murder, and sentenced to life imprisonment to serve a minimum of 13 years.[25]

I would find it soooooooooo fitting if they named the campaign for this after Caylee.

Is there any way we can keep the juror threads separate by name? It would be easier to discus their individual takes that way. TY.

I just want to second this. Since they are expressing different views, it seems like it'd be a good idea.

Mr three. I would like to have the jurors in seperate threads. Too scattered who said what, in the current thread. I can't keep up with who's talking about which juror.

I would love to post a THANK YOU to Vivid Entertainment for "offering" and then withdrawing it within minutes with an awesome statement!

***going to find a link***

Here's their statement:
It has become obvious to us that Vivid fans, and people in general, want nothing to do with her and that includes a *advertiser censored* movie. We want to make movies that people want to watch and we now believe that we underestimated the emotional response that people are having to the verdict. A movie starring Casey Anthony is not what people want to see.

Now...can Lifetime really come up to her now and give her an offer??? Not after a huge *advertiser censored* company retracts their offer! Vivid Entertainment rocks!! (Not that I watch *advertiser censored* movies...no seriously...I don't, but if I did, I'd watch Vivid!!)

Would the mods consider removing Ms. Anthonys picture from the front of websleuths with the NOT guilty sign. It makes me physically ill. Please post a picture of Caylee with Justice for her and a link to local lawmakers and caylee's law link. Thank you.

Rainie

Would the mods consider removing Ms. Anthonys picture from the front of websleuths with the NOT guilty sign. It makes me physically ill. Please post a picture of Caylee with Justice for her and a link to local lawmakers and caylee's law link. Thank you.

Rainie

Good idea. We didn't want to leave that bad news there very long anyway.

This isn't a new thread idea, but I didn't know where else to post it.

I was reading away, and occasionally posting, on a thread regarding the jurors when suddenly poof! it vanished and the main thread page said it had been moved, as had other threads about the jury.

I'm okay with that, but where did they all move TO?

Antarctica? Because I can't seem to find them, and I would like to continue my reading/posting.

TIA.

I would like a thread started on doing whatever we need to do in order to make it impossible for jurors to profit from being on a jury. There needs to be a law against it, whether state-by-state, national, whatever.

I would like a thread started on doing whatever we need to do in order to make it impossible for jurors to profit from being on a jury. There needs to be a law against it, whether state-by-state, national, whatever.

A thread with that theme was started and moved to the Resource Center. You can find it here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6867535#post6867535"]How To Fix The System? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

This isn't a new thread idea, but I didn't know where else to post it.

I was reading away, and occasionally posting, on a thread regarding the jurors when suddenly poof! it vanished and the main thread page said it had been moved, as had other threads about the jury.

I'm okay with that, but where did they all move TO?

Antarctica? Because I can't seem to find them, and I would like to continue my reading/posting.

TIA.

There was a lot of bashing going on in one of the jury threads and that might be the one you are referring to? I think 'Beach is working on getting some new ones out here for you guys again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500