Evidence Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, Nelly! I missed this info about BC "discovering" a shovel behind JJ during the search.

Should there be discussion on how the defense will refute or discredit some of the evidence?

NCSU,

I am not sure if your have been following along since the beginning, but if you were you would understand why the shovel was significant.

IIRC, Mom was actually present and participating in the search when BC, whom she did not know/recognize at the time, came out of the woods holding the shovel that he found. IIRC he was holding it like it might have been an important discovery, but it was later determined that it had likely been left behind by a construction crew. I seem to recall that he indicated that the shovel was important, or made some other allusion that did not ring true, and only after that did Mom find out who he was.

This smacks of trying to lay a false trail, like she might have been killed with the shovel or possibly buried with it. While on the surface, this is not incriminating, the combination of statements that BC made while holding the shovel, and body language was seriously askew. I welcome Mom to correct me if I have mis-stated what she saw/heard/felt.

So, it is in NO WAY hearsay, this was a personally witnessed event related by the person who witnessed it.

CyberPro

Wow! This info about the shovel is very interesting, indeed. I haven't been following very closely for awhile so I didn't know this. Yes, insinuating that she could be buried anywhere and never found... I bet Brad thought he had hit the mother lode when he found that shovel...or does anyone believe he planted it there?

The following question is OT of the shovel...and may be even OT of evidence (however, I think evidence of other undisclosed affairs would be HUGE for the prosecution):

Will the DA be allowed to subpeona the French girl that Brad seemed to have a fling with during his MBA trip? Sorry if already discussed. I just wanted to throw a tomato at my computer screen during his deposition when he said they never kissed. BULL$&^*! Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knows how that works as far as bringing in a non-US citizen for a trial.

NCSU,

I am not sure if your have been following along since the beginning, but if you were you would understand why the shovel was significant.

IIRC, Mom was actually present and participating in the search when BC, whom she did not know/recognize at the time, came out of the woods holding the shovel that he found. IIRC he was holding it like it might have been an important discovery, but it was later determined that it had likely been left behind by a construction crew. I seem to recall that he indicated that the shovel was important, or made some other allusion that did not ring true, and only after that did Mom find out who he was.

This smacks of trying to lay a false trail, like she might have been killed with the shovel or possibly buried with it. While on the surface, this is not incriminating, the combination of statements that BC made while holding the shovel, and body language was seriously askew. I welcome Mom to correct me if I have mis-stated what she saw/heard/felt.

So, it is in NO WAY hearsay, this was a personally witnessed event related by the person who witnessed it.

CyberPro

CP,

You did great explaining it. Only a few corrections....BC actually came up the embankment right in front of my car to get the LE to take them to the shovel. The reason it was a red flag was this was an area that had been searched many times over, but he happened to locate a shovel.

I have posted the details in length a few times...if anyone wants to read about it I encourage them to do a search on WS.

The conversation with BC and how we figured out it was him, I have never told on WS and won't.

Wow! This info about the shovel is very interesting, indeed. I haven't been following very closely for awhile so I didn't know this. Yes, insinuating that she could be buried anywhere and never found... I bet Brad thought he had hit the mother lode when he found that shovel...or does anyone believe he planted it there?

The following question is OT of the shovel...and may be even OT of evidence (however, I think evidence of other undisclosed affairs would be HUGE for the prosecution):

Will the DA be allowed to subpeona the French girl that Brad seemed to have a fling with during his MBA trip? Sorry if already discussed. I just wanted to throw a tomato at my computer screen during his deposition when he said they never kissed. BULL$&^*! Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knows how that works as far as bringing in a non-US citizen for a trial.

Of course, this wouldn't make sense if he killed her, because he would have known where he dumped her...and obviously she would have been found. It wasn't like this was deep in the woods...it was on the edge of new development.

I'm interested in the item of child's clothing. I'm hoping it was taken because it may have had a stain on it and not because it was possibly used -- either to strangle NC or to clean up. I just find it to be an incredibly sad thought for the girls to be involved in even such a peripheral way to their mother's death.

The shovel was located in an area no where near the location NC was found.

I posted this very question way back when I disclosed the shovel, and some thought it was planted. I do know it was determined to be a construction shovel by the LE. I have absolutely no idea if it was planted or for some reason a construction worker put it in the brush. We left shortly after.

I posted this very question way back when I disclosed the shovel, and some thought it was planted. I do know it was determined to be a construction shovel by the LE. I have absolutely no idea if it was planted or for some reason a construction worker put it in the brush. We left shortly after.

Perhaps the same shovel used by Casey Anthony in the disposal of Caylee's body? j/k. Shovels sure are getting a bad rap lately.

I have been playing around with google maps and internet explorer today to see if there was a way to tell where I searched for a body dump site just by using the mouse or arrow keys. Well - there is. The GPS coordinates of where you looked on a map are stored in the temporary internet files folder. So if BC located his house on the map and then used the mouse or arrow keys to move around on the map to scan nearby areas - all that activity is captured at each change in GPS coordinate. I assume he would have cleared his internet files trying to cover his tracks.

Unfortunately for him, stuff we delete off our PC's are not really deleted. This information would be easy to recovered. The easiest way to permanently delete information is to physically destroy the hard drive. There is special software you can buy that will scrub your hard drive but I doubt he has that.

Maybe this information was recovered by the FBI...Wait until the trial to find out.

Good research Garner! My company physically drills holes into hard drives before disposing of them...as they said there's no other good way, quickly and thoroughly and cheaply, to ensure the hard drive is really truly 'dead.'

Heads up this will be the only WARNING given members here at WS will respect one another and will respect one anothers opinions. If I have to delete anymore rude/snide or tacky post the member who posted the deleted post will have their posting privileges suspended.
Thank You all.
WindChime

Perhaps while disposing of NC he spotted a shovel, picked it up with gloved hand and planted it for later discovery...just a thought.

Back from my latest banning.

Anyhow, what I am most interested in is just how LE knew that this was not a random case from the get go. I see how LE handled this case close to the vest and kept details out of the media. Very professional. But it was immediate that they stated this was not a random crime and the public was safe. I know we don't know much, but I totally believe they almost had this solved immediately after finding the body.

I think maybe evidence on or in the vehicle that tied to the disposal place or Nancy.

what I am most interested in is just how LE knew that this was not a random case from the get go. I see how LE handled this case close to the vest and kept details out of the media. Very professional. But it was immediate that they stated this was not a random crime and the public was safe. I know we don't know much, but I totally believe they almost had this solved immediately after finding the body. I think maybe evidence on or in the vehicle that tied to the disposal place or Nancy.

I think when LE first talked to JA and CC in front of Brad's house on 7/12, and then Brad came home and started telling them his story, they probably started to get that
bhjbzl.jpg
feeling that something wasn't quite right. Right from the word 'go' the info Brad was giving them didn't match what they learned from others. Combine that with their observations inside the house, the cars, etc. I think they saw early and obvious signs that this was not 'random,' and there was domestic discord in that marriage. Remember they noticed scratches on Brad's neck on 7/12, they noticed the car's trunk had been vacuumed, and the rest of the car was still messy. These are clues that something isn't making sense...and they go from there.

I think when LE first talked to JA and CC in front of Brad's house on 7/12, and then Brad came home and started telling them his story, they probably started to get that
bhjbzl.jpg
feeling that something wasn't quite right. Right from the word 'go' the info Brad was giving them didn't match what they learned from others. Combine that with their observations inside the house, the cars, etc. I think they saw early and obvious signs that this was not 'random,' and there was domestic discord in that marriage. Remember they noticed scratches on Brad's neck on 7/12, they noticed the car's trunk had been vacuumed, and the rest of the car was still messy. These are clues that something isn't making sense...and they go from there.
...and we are not sure if these woman (and NC's family) gave LE information that was not published in affidavits, because of LE's request for silence. Such as: plans NC may have had that morning that BC does (did) not know about. If LE had several sources telling him that NC had plans to "escape", and the friends could give details, then that would be even more compelling reason to make it "not random". Just a thought since this theory has been brought up before.

...and we are not sure if these woman (and NC's family) gave LE information that was not published in affidavits, because of LE's request for silence. Such as: plans NC may have had that morning that BC does (did) not know about. If LE had several sources telling him that NC had plans to "escape", and the friends could give details, then that would be even more compelling reason to make it "not random". Just a thought since this theory has been brought up before.

I think it is more than that. That was a bold move to tell the public that because of a few inconsistancies. I think they had evidence of a struggle or something connecting the vehicle to the dump site from the day that Nancy was found. But they waited until all the evidence came in. I guess we will find out one day.

What I was totally wrong about is that I really felt that Brad would commit Harry Carey before he went to jail. I knew when I saw the depositions that he had something to hide. What a loser to kill the mother of your small children. Why not just divorce? He cared more about his money than the welfare of his own children. That is what this whole case is going to be about. Money.

I think it is more than that. That was a bold move to tell the public that because of a few inconsistancies. I think they had evidence of a struggle or something connecting the vehicle to the dump site from the day that Nancy was found. But they waited until all the evidence came in. I guess we will find out one day.

What I was totally wrong about is that I really felt that Brad would commit Harry Carey before he went to jail. I knew when I saw the depositions that he had something to hide. What a loser to kill the mother of your small children. Why not just divorce? He cared more about his money than the welfare of his own children. That is what this whole case is going to be about. Money.

Roy - as I recall Chief Bazemore gave an explanation of why LE was saying this was not a random occurrance. If I am recalling correctly that explanation was provided in the July 14th 630 pm press conference. It is either at just after the 6 minute mark or just after the 11 minute mark in the presser video. She did not however say anything about any evidence which may have made them think so but rather spoke about what was missing to make them decide it was not random. Truth is, it was probably a comnination of the two - what was witnessed in the home, and what events were missing that would signify it as a random event. Hope after your review that her description will help you.

Roy - as I recall Chief Bazemore gave an explanation of why LE was saying this was not a random occurrance. If I am recalling correctly that explanation was provided in the July 14th 630 pm press conference. It is either at just after the 6 minute mark or just after the 11 minute mark in the presser video. She did not however say anything about any evidence which may have made them think so but rather spoke about what was missing to make them decide it was not random. Truth is, it was probably a comnination of the two - what was witnessed in the home, and what events were missing that would signify it as a random event. Hope after your review that her description will help you.

i think it is going to be some evidence that solidified that Charlie. That is why they ignored the witness who saw Nancy supposedly. That is my opinion at least.

i think it is going to be some evidence that solidified that Charlie. That is why they ignored the witness who saw Nancy supposedly. That is my opinion at least.

I agree with you Roy - I think LE saw some immediate red flags when they entered the home on the 12th. I really don't think Brad was quite ready for LE to show up at 3pm that afternoon. I don't think LE ignored the lady who claimed she thought she saw Nancy. I simply think the lady who made the claim felt more should have been done to respond to her directly. Which IMO is a pretty small thought given they were searching for Nancy and this woman didn't know where Nancy was. A murder case changes everything and who knows what LE saw and or collected at the location where Nancy was found. Perhaps Nancy's clothes were there and those clothes did not include a light colored t-shirt as the woman described. Its possible and it certainly would rule out what the woman claimed Nancy was wearing, thus ruling out her claim. More important things to do if her description didn't match up would you agree ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member