Family of Heather Elvis to hold news conference - 04/02/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they did themselves any favors by blocking one of the newspapers from attending a press conference.

I don't think they did themselves any favors by blocking one of the newspapers from attending a press conference.

That may come back to haunt them, although I know emotions are running high. I wonder if their attorney was standing with them during the conference? So curious as to who is representing them.

I don't think it will hurt them much at all. People who are not predisposed to believe the social media nonsense will not have a problem with this. I, for one, do not like the reporting on MyHorryNews about this case.

So, did any of you actually hear DE speak? I recorded WPDE, and a reporter "on the scene" did a segment. She was standing in front of the church, but during most of it, they were just running b-roll.

So, did any of you actually hear DE speak? I recorded WPDE, and a reporter "on the scene" did a segment. She was standing in front of the church, but during most of it, they were just running b-roll.

yes--wmbf

I don't think it will hurt them much at all. People who are not predisposed to believe the social media nonsense will not have a problem with this. I, for one, do not like the reporting on MyHorryNews about this case.

It won't hurt them much but it certainly won't help anything. If they didn't like that paper's reporting on the case before this, it's only going to get worse when you do something like that.

It won't hurt them much but it certainly won't help anything. If they didn't like that paper's reporting on the case before this, it's only going to get worse when you do something like that.

If that's the case then they would be even more justified in what they did. You either have journalistic integrity or you don't, I doubt it will matter much either way at this point though.

How could it haunt them?

Should take the high road and include all of the press, now it looks like they are petty...exactly what the M's want everyone to believe and some of what the social media has been about. The posts I've read have been that if you question the Elvis' they will block you. In my mind they asked for a press conference and they should have included all that wanted to be there. They can't control how the press portrays them, but now they look like they are defensive, for some reason. This is all MOO.

If that's the case then they would be even more justified in what they did. You either have journalistic integrity or you don't, I doubt it will matter much either way at this point though.
I really want to like this more than once. Instead, a comment stating that I want to like it more than once, will have to do. :)

ITA, I just don't know if it was the smart thing to do. That's all.

Should take the high road and include all of the press, now it looks like they are petty...exactly what the M's want everyone to believe and some of what the social media has been about. The posts I've read have been that if you question the Elvis' they will block you. In my mind they asked for a press conference and they should have included all that wanted to be there. They can't control how the press portrays them, but now they look like they are defensive, for some reason. This is all MOO.

I don't think it makes them look defensive, I think this is an offensive move and a big middle finger to MHN. I've not noticed anything different about their stories, but then I don't pay attention where I am reading.

I don't think it makes them look defensive, I think this is an offensive move and a big middle finger to MHN. I've not noticed anything different about their stories, but then I don't pay attention where I am reading.

I'm not saying they don't deserve the middle finger, I'm just not sure that it was a wise pr move on the part of the Elvis family. Oh and I didn't see the presser. You did watch it? Can you share some of what was said?

I'm not saying they don't deserve the middle finger, I'm just not sure that it was a wise pr move on the part of the Elvis family. Oh and I didn't see the presser. You did watch it? Can you share some of what was said?
I seriously hate that they even have to consider "PR move(s)."

I seriously hate that they even have to consider "PR move(s)."

Me too. What concerns me is, do they think they have a weak case and the social media "stuff" is going to make an impact on it? I don't know what to think about this press conference today. I really want to know who their attorney is and if they are getting good council. So unfair that they are in this battle.

To me, it's like Kanye West trying to get Facebook to remove pictures of him that he doesn't approve of. It's only going to draw more undue attention.

Was it a statement? Absolutely.

I do realize that the media spews a lot of nonsense to drive sales up. But IMO, it won't make them go away. Nor, will the internet trolls. It will only fuel their fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member