Family of Heather Elvis to hold news conference - 04/02/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested to see if any other news outlets report on it.

To me, it's like Kanye West trying to get Facebook to remove pictures of him that he doesn't approve of. It's only going to draw more undue attention.

Was it a statement? Absolutely.

I do realize that the media spews a lot of nonsense to drive sales up. But IMO, it won't make them go away. Nor, will the internet trolls. It will only fuel their fire.

I think they feel they have no choice because they are very worried about their business and ME. Debbie was close to tears.

You can be sure the media monitors those pages and if there was ANYTHING true in any of that mess, they would be all over it.

I know that but there a people out there who were buying into the BS and the rumor mill was exploding. I really hope people will leave M.E. alone, she had already lost her big sister - she does not need to be bullied. What scum would do that?

I saw on WMBF News a few weeks ago that they won an award for the coverage in the Heather Elvis case. Anyone else see it too?

It won't hurt them much but it certainly won't help anything. If they didn't like that paper's reporting on the case before this, it's only going to get worse when you do something like that.

The C's go after a reporter with false claims that he tried to push his way into their house...then they found out that it's all on video and we know they're lying so they change their story and run as fast as they can to My Horry News....more than once. As someone up thread said,My Horry incites the craziness on social media. They love it. If the C's can lie about one reporter and
then choose to only give interviews to another, the E's can choose who comes to their presser. JMO

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2015/04/02/4879936_family-of-heather-elvis-discuss.html?rh=1

Denis said Horry County police have received many reports of online bullying or threats from the Elvis family, some of them stemming from supporters of the Moorers. He said several Elvis family members have had “back and forths” between members of the Moorer family.

“Several people from both sides of that ugly situation are in contact with people at Horry police and victim’s advocates constantly,” Denis said. “People have posted different kinds of misinformation and made bizarre and inappropriate posts on social media channels.”

Horry police have investigated every complaint of online bullying from the Elvis’, but so far none have been deemed prosecutable by the solicitor’s office,” Denis said.

Most of the complaints center around Terry Elvis, Heather’s father.

“To our knowledge, there have been numerous posts of very derogatory information concerning the Elvis’, mostly Terry Elvis,” Denis said.

There are at least half a dozen Facebook pages revolving around the Elvis case, ranging from supporters of the accused Moorer couple to groups solely focused on finding the missing woman. Several of those Facebook pages have more than two thousand followers.

Jimmy Richardson, 15th circuit solicitor, said he’s heard from Terry and Debbie Elvis many times regarding online threats against the family, but the prosecutor can only deal with cases where arrests have already been made. He said he sends all reports to the proper authorities, but has encouraged the Elvis family to civilly sue their harassers.

“There may very well be civil ramifications from slander or libel,” Richardson said. “But through a criminal process, you can’t lock somebody up just because you don’t like what they’re saying.”

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...heather-elvis-discuss.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2015/04/02/4879936_family-of-heather-elvis-discuss.html?rh=1

Denis said Horry County police have received many reports of online bullying or threats from the Elvis family, some of them stemming from supporters of the Moorers. He said several Elvis family members have had “back and forths” between members of the Moorer family.

“Several people from both sides of that ugly situation are in contact with people at Horry police and victim’s advocates constantly,” Denis said. “People have posted different kinds of misinformation and made bizarre and inappropriate posts on social media channels.”

Horry police have investigated every complaint of online bullying from the Elvis’, but so far none have been deemed prosecutable by the solicitor’s office,” Denis said.

“To our knowledge, there have been numerous posts of very derogatory information concerning the Elvis’, mostly Terry Elvis,” Denis said.

There are at least half a dozen Facebook pages revolving around the Elvis case, ranging from supporters of the accused Moorer couple to groups solely focused on finding the missing woman. Several of those Facebook pages have more than two thousand followers.

Jimmy Richardson, 15th circuit solicitor, said he’s heard from Terry and Debbie Elvis many times regarding online threats against the family, but the prosecutor can only deal with cases where arrests have already been made. He said he sends all reports to the proper authorities, but has encouraged the Elvis family to civilly sue their harassers.

“There may very well be civil ramifications from slander or libel,” Richardson said. “But through a criminal process, you can’t lock somebody up just because you don’t like what they’re saying.”

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...heather-elvis-discuss.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

Thank you for posting that.

That's just the most piss poor words that a family who are the victims in Heather's disappearance to ever endure on top of their loss.

There's been ugly stuff online posted about the family who are victims here. Ugly stuff. Gag order or not, ugly.

Mostly true though, they would need to press charges, "thank you courts when our family is already going through this tragedy & horrible loss", one might say out loud. It's the laws we have. smh

May the family know people care. It must have gotten out of porportion to call this news up. smh they are the victims. xo@$#% $^&#.

jmo

The thing is, the Elvis family can (and should) stay off social media and then they won't have to see all this ugliness. As long as no one is making direct threats against the family. If there is libel happening, then a lawyer should gather that info and prepare to sue.

Social media exposes just how ugly humanity is and can be. It's not unique in this case. People will say things through the keyboard of their computer they would never say to someone in person. Appealing to the good sense of such people won't help because someone who will post vile and untrue flotsam will not suddenly see the error of their ways or have compassion.

I don't think they did themselves any favors by blocking one of the newspapers from attending a press conference.

Reminds me of when Kyron Horman's parents blocked the Wilmette Weekly and the Oregonian from attending a press conference.

Is this the first news conference the family has held since Heather went missing?

So basically, the family is arguing with people online, and then is reporting these interactions to LE as threats?
LE does not sound very supportive or sympathetic. I feel like a lot of people have dug themselves into a hole that they can't get out of.

The thing is, the Elvis family can (and should) stay off social media and then they won't have to see all this ugliness. As long as no one is making direct threats against the family. If there is libel happening, then a lawyer should gather that info and prepare to sue.

Social media exposes just how ugly humanity is and can be. It's not unique in this case. People will say things through the keyboard of their computer they would never say to someone in person. Appealing to the good sense of such people won't help because someone who will post vile and untrue flotsam will not suddenly see the error of their ways or have compassion.

Completely disagree as they could possibly find a clue to what happened to Heather on SM

So basically, the family is arguing with people online, and then is reporting these interactions to LE as threats?
LE does not sound very supportive or sympathetic. I feel like a lot of people have dug themselves into a hole that they can't get out of.

They are stalking ME, harassing their business associates and causing them to lose business. And you must not have read the article--LE is doing everything they can.

Reminds me of when Kyron Horman's parents blocked the Wilmette Weekly and the Oregonian from attending a press conference.

Is this the first news conference the family has held since Heather went missing?

All of their news appearances are in the media thread.

Completely disagree as they could possibly find a clue to what happened to Heather on SM

They know what happened to Heather (generally speaking) and they know who's responsible. The only thing they don't know is where her body is and how she was killed and exactly what time. They're not going to find those answers on social media. If someone has a tip they will call it in or report it as they'll most likely want the reward $$$. And there are plenty of eyes on social media sites so if someone does see a useful tip it will get reported to the Elvis family. They themselves don't need to subject themselves to the ugliness.

They know what happened to Heather (generally speaking) and they know who's responsible. The only thing they don't know is where her body is and how she was killed and exactly what time. They're not going to find those answers on social media. If someone has a tip they will call it in or report it as they'll most likely want the reward $$$. And there are plenty of eyes on social media sites so if someone does see a useful tip it will get reported to the Elvis family. They themselves don't need to subject themselves to the ugliness.

And those "eyes" tell them when the trolls are threatening them, their business and/or their daughter. They need to be aware of all of that.

The M's will take that press conference as proof that what they're doing on social media is successful and only do more. I want to know who the Elvis family attorney is!! They are going to have a great civil case when all of this is over. I can't believe that no one knows. Anyone?

Some of the Elvis supporters need to pay special attn. to these words from Debbie Elvis. I think some feel the need to defend the Elvis family. Contributing to the arguments is only hurting the family.

• Don’t contribute to online arguments and rumors
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/201...cuss.html?rh=1

IMO

And those "eyes" tell them when the trolls are threatening them, their business and/or their daughter. They need to be aware of all of that.

Those dimwits remind me of the crazies who kept insisting that JA was involved in the murder of Nancy Cooper, all because she called the non-emergency 911 line wondering if she should report her friend missing or not and explaining her friend was in a contentious divorce situation. It's been almost 7 years since that murder and the fans and wannabe girlfriends of the killer husband have libeled the friend and friend's husband on social media for years, anything to take the responsibility off the actual killer, even after he finally admitted he did the murder.

Social media illuminates the crazy, that's for sure, and what we learn is there's a lot of cray-cray that attaches itself to murderers. It's frightening to see what comes out from under rocks to make its way to computer keyboards.

Thank goodness the cray cray haven't found WS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB