FL - Abraham Shakespeare, 42, lottery winner, Polk County, 7 April 2009 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if in Florids they follow the "The hand of one is the hand of all" statute- you know, whether or not you did the actual crime, if you were involved in any way you can get charged anyway?

I really do not believe that DDM had a physical hand in Abrahams death, but I bet she was the mastermind planner, organizer, and funds provider for this entire scheme, IMHO.

There have been murder convictions over the years in Florida which the person convicted did not actually pull the trigger but was part of a robbery or other offence and someone was killed. Usually it has been LE officers that where killed. Also, look at the Bernice Bowen case. Her bf Hrank Earl Carr killed 3 LE and then himself. Well she knew that Hank had a handcuff key on a chain he wore and she knew he was giving LE a fake name because he had warrants. Here is what she got http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ActiveInmates/detail.asp?Bookmark=1&From=list&SessionID=231534167

Dee Dee could get 21 years too.

I dont know if this would fit DD's offence but...if LE can prove that she tried to solicit his death or purchased the gun or something like that, then I could see a murder charge could be applied.

Oh, also I remember a case where 2 guys stole a car or something and an officer was chasing them in a helecopter and it crashed and killed one of the LE. They where convicted of 2nd degree murder in his death because it was in the commision of another crime.

You know, I have heard a few people say "execute" or "death penalty". Let me just say, I am definitely an advocate for the death penalty in horrific cases (even those such as this). That being said, I was on the way home this morning from dropping off my son at school, and I started to get really angry. :furious:
The thought crossed my mind, that, it would be MORE of a punishment for her to sit in jail for the REST OF HER LIFE so that everyday of the rest of it, she knows what she has done, and that she suffers the way that Abraham's mom, children, and rest of family and DM's ex, son, parents, inlaws, and rest of family will suffer for the rest of THEIR lives. When I say sit in jail for the rest of her life, I mean until she dies. No possibility of parole. I guess it brings it all closer when it happened in my little city, and affecting people I knew. (Even DM herself, we all hung out with, although it was nearly 20 years ago)

Don't you all think rotting in prison would be a worse punishment than the death penalty? She'll still eventually get to face God, but she most likely has ALOT of years left to live. (Very possibly, about 40 years or a little more???)

I would be interested to hear opinions on it.

Let me expound on my last post.....No, sitting in jail to be reminded daily of what she's done and suffering at the aspect of spending life there wouldn't even TOUCH the grief, sorrow and feelings of the families involved. I shouldn't have worded it that way. She could never feel what she's caused so many others to now feel.
UGH
She's just......the lowest form of life on earth. Sadly, those people are walking among us....until something like this happens. :sick:

You know, I have heard a few people say "execute" or "death penalty". Let me just say, I am definitely an advocate for the death penalty in horrific cases (even those such as this). That being said, I was on the way home this morning from dropping off my son at school, and I started to get really angry. :furious:
The thought crossed my mind, that, it would be MORE of a punishment for her to sit in jail for the REST OF HER LIFE so that everyday of the rest of it, she knows what she has done, and that she suffers the way that Abraham's mom, children, and rest of family and DM's ex, son, parents, inlaws, and rest of family will suffer for the rest of THEIR lives. When I say sit in jail for the rest of her life, I mean until she dies. No possibility of parole. I guess it brings it all closer when it happened in my little city, and affecting people I knew. (Even DM herself, we all hung out with, although it was nearly 20 years ago)

Don't you all think rotting in prison would be a worse punishment than the death penalty? She'll still eventually get to face God, but she most likely has ALOT of years left to live. (Very possibly, about 40 years or a little more???)

I would be interested to hear opinions on it.

Life is life in Florida. They abolished parole in the mid 80's on life sentences. The man who murdered my friend is up for parole this year (20 years later) and he is one of the last cases that they give life /w possibility of parole after 20 years.I dont know if DD will get Life but 21 years like Bernice Bowen IMO is a long long time to sit and think about WTH she did, no manicures, no dye jobs, no lunch with her buddys, her boyfriend will be named Sam or Ed and will be female lol

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/subindex/live

This is their LIVE broadcasts. From the homepage, you can navigate there by going to their blue toolbar, selecting the last item "Live" then in the drop down menu, selecting "Live" (first choice). I think the link above should take you directly to it.

If you are on the computer, you can just leave it up and running in another window, and you'll hear them when they start talking. You will hear any breaking news here, and most likely, they will be carrying the press conference Abraham's mother is having at 11am.

Bringing snips and some bbm from this article:

Trust Was Costly For Shakespeare (article February 4, 2010)

"Instantly, Edom said, people began approaching Shakespeare, asking for money.
Edom said he found out his cousin was a wealthy man when a local businessman came over to his house and told him he no longer needed to worry about money because Shakespeare had won a bundle.

Then the man said something troubling.

Shakespeare was taking people with him to Tallahassee to pick up his winnings.

*IMO... DM was in contact with Abraham almost immediately upon his winning the lottery.

*Have to complile ALL info in regards to the K family.

May add thoughts and other info to this post....

Bringing snips and some bbm from this article:

Trust Was Costly For Shakespeare (article February 4, 2010)

Shakespeare was set up for a robbery in the house. He pulled his gun out, but there were no bullets. Then he was shot twice.

[/I]

I am a little confused on the above portion of the story. I read the story at the link, and it didn't say anything further regarding above statement.
Who pulled their gun out? If there were no bullets, how did he get shot twice? Maybe I'm missing something, or maybe cause of my cold, I'm not "with it" and not reading any sense in this statement.

I am a little confused on the above portion of the story. I read the story at the link, and it didn't say anything further regarding above statement.
Who pulled their gun out? If there were no bullets, how did he get shot twice? Maybe I'm missing something, or maybe cause of my cold, I'm not "with it" and not reading any sense in this statement.

Yes- very confusing.

Maybe it should read:

Shakespeare was set up for a robbery in the house.
Shakespeare pulled his gun out to defend himself, but there were no bullets.
Then he was then shot twice.

???

Someone posted a link yesterday to the court docket. At the time I checked the link, the charge was CAPITAL MURDER. NOW, it has been corrected to say OTHER CRIMES AGAINST PERSON. I think someone was right when they'd pointed out on the Arrest Record that "Charge 1" had been removed for error and a "Charge 2" (Accessory after the fact) was entered.

This is probably the reason for the change on the Court Docket.

I guess this has no real purpose, just posting it.

Do we have a link for the arrest affidavit?

Abraham's Mom, Elizabeth Walker... and her Pastor... just held a news conference here...

I don't have an online link, to put here, yet... perhaps someone can look and post it... as I am so amazed with Ms Walker's ability to hold herself together... her Faith is absolutely endless... so strong... so beautiful...

Her pastor, the same, absolutely beautiful man...

Together, with God, they did a wonderful job answering questions, as well as adding some new information that may help us put some more pieces together.

:praying:

Some points made, (with my thoughts), that I'm not sure if we knew:

*Of the 3 women, pictured with Abraham picking up Lotto check... They are Darlene Hampton, and 2 women that Ms Walker does not know.

*The last time that DM visited with Ms Walker... DM took her a Bible (imo, how dare she!)... Ms Walker said that was about a month ago... wondering what day that was... and where.

*During one of DM's visit's with Ms Walker... DM slipped and said, "when he died"... Ms Walker said that DM then switched immediately to a different subject... again, wondering where and when this was... maybe when they went to Cracker Barrell?

*I feel that the media were kind, and did not bombard Ms Walker... imo, it went very good. Ms Walker, in her gentle manner, did a wonderful job... as did her pastor.

*Ms Walker's Faith is so strong, she has the abilty to forgive DM... perhaps not yet, but she believes she will eventually... WOW!

Someone posted a link yesterday to the court docket. At the time I checked the link, the charge was CAPITAL MURDER. NOW, it has been corrected to say OTHER CRIMES AGAINST PERSON. I think someone was right when they'd pointed out on the Arrest Record that "Charge 1" had been removed for error and a "Charge 2" (Accessory after the fact) was entered.

This is probably the reason for the change on the Court Docket.

I guess this has no real purpose, just posting it.

Yes...the Court Docket has been updated. The current charge (only 1 count) is "Accessory After Fact", and level is "Felony First Degree" (*FFD). *FFD carries a sentence of up to 30 years.

I honestly believe this charge will be upgraded to Capitol Murder at some point, but LE had to act fast and get her behind bars, as she was planning to further dispose of AS's body. Remember, her charge is Accessory AFTER The Fact, which basically means she helped AFTER the act of murder (They could PROVE this, since she admitted this to various sources). Once LE is ready, and can prove she helped plan, execute, AND cover up the murder, I'm confident LE will charge her with MURDER (even if she didn't pull the trigger).

You go Investigatingthecase!

Continued prayers for justice and continued prayers are with Ms Walker. After seeing the interview on the part one thread here with DM's father, I'm also praying for him and DM's mother and her son. I'm thankful DM's ex husband gave LE the tip they needed and I pray he wasn't involved in any of DM's scheming.

My only prayer concerning DM is that she may sit for a long time and ponder about how badly she hurt so many people and decides to tell the truth about Abraham and takes responsibility for her actions. I don't care if she spends the rest of her life in jail or if she's executed, I truly don't care what happens to her, as long as she's never free to hurt anyone again. :furious:

JMO.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/dead-lotto-winners-mother-tells-of-betrayal/1070736

Dead Lotto winner's mother tells of betrayal
By Colleen Jenkins, Times Staff Writer
Posted: Feb 04, 2010 11:44 AM

*SNIPS*

LAKELAND — Dorice "DeeDee" Moore brought Elizabeth Walker to Busch Gardens and Walt Disney World. She took her out to dinner. The last time the two saw each other, Moore gave Walker a Bible.
---------------
Moore had told Walker that Shakespeare was in Orlando or had gone to California to get treatment for an illness, the mother said. Moore had led the family to believe that Shakespeare had AIDS
---------------
Walker grew emotional at the end of the news conference. Nearby, a tear rolled down the cheek of Shakespeare's 8-year-old son, Moses.
--------------
"We now leave judgment of those who harmed him in the hands of God and our conviction system," she said
---------------

Dee Dee, look at the sorrow you and your crew have caused. For what? Money?

Attachments

• Elizabeth Walker.jpg
    Elizabeth Walker.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Moses Shakespeare.jpg
    Moses Shakespeare.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 33
Guys,

I think it would be a good idea that we offer our support to DeeDee's son. I understand he is so devestated by all of this which is understandable.

He came here to defend his mom and now this. How about we offer a few lines of support to him every now and then in case he still reads here.

Young Man, you are going through something that no adult, let alone teenager should ever have to experience. I know you love your mom and you should. Please know that no one on Websleuths means to hurt you. Just the opposite. I bet everyone on this site would do anything they could to take away your pain. Please lean on your loved ones and never be afraid to ask for help. You deserve to live a good life and have good things happen to you. None of this is your fault. Hold your head high and know that you defended your mom when she needed you. I know you are a great kid!!!

Guys,

I think it would be a good idea that we offer our support to DeeDee's son. I understand he is so devestated by all of this which is understandable.

He came here to defend his mom and now this. How about we offer a few lines of support to him every now and then in case he still reads here.

Young Man, you are going through something that no adult, let alone teenager should ever have to experience. I know you love your mom and you should. Please know that no one on Websleuths means to hurt you. Just the opposite. I bet everyone on this site would do anything they could to take away your pain. Please lean on your loved ones and never be afraid to ask for help. You deserve to live a good life and have good things happen to you. None of this is your fault. Hold your head high and know that you defended your mom when she needed you. I know you are a great kid!!!

I agree he needs support, Tricia. I don't think it was really him posting though. JMO. Wonderful words, though, and I do hope he sees them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500