Found Deceased FL - AMBER ALERT: Diana Alvares, 9, Fort Myers, 29 May 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Martinez is referring to her sister-in-law, Hernandez, as HER sister, which could explain the apparent discrepancy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very good point!

Could be...:thumb:

Hernandez said Diana’s father, Martin Alvares, sent them a text message on WhatsApp on Thursday, asking about his son but not Diana. Hernandez, speaking in Spanish, said Alvares was deported to Mexico and that she didn’t give him their phone number.

Nancy Vizcarra, who said she is Martin Alvares' girlfriend, visited Hernandez and her live-in boyfriend, Uribe Jimenez, later Tuesday. She defended the girl’s father, saying he knew nothing about her disappearance and is still in Mexico, worried about Diana.

Vizcarra, who lives in Okeechobee, argued with the mother and her boyfriend, saying, “She doesn’t care about her kids.” Deputies pulled Vizcarra aside, and spoke to her before she left Tuesday evening. She said she would try to get custody of her boyfriend’s children.

[...]

Investigators said the abduction angle is just one scenario they are looking at.

“This is so fresh and we have so many leads, we don’t want to speculate,” said Lt. Jeff Dektas, public information officer for the LCSO.

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...th-lee-county-9-year-old-second-day/85182490/

The property listing mentioned that there is also a den in addition to the living room that can be used as a third bedroom, so I am guessing that is where Diana slept.

Generally if it doesn't have a built in closet it can't be classified as a bedroom. My mother owns a 3,200 sq ft house that is technically just a two bedroom because of closets, but really there are five rooms that are used as bedrooms.

thanks, Mountaingazer! :tyou:

They did say he was 25 or 26 year old Hispanic male. One can change a lot of their features in two weeks (cut or change hairstyle, shave or grow out a beard etc). His features are more than likely tan skin, brown or black hair with brown eyes. Not sure how much more descriptive they can get.

Tatoos?

car he drives?

unique characteristics? (Scars/birthmarks/etc)

Just some things I am wondering...:thinking:

No mention if mom passed.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I read years ago, pregnant women aren't normally given polygraphs if far along in pregnancy due to fetal movement. It could have changed though.

Tatoos?

car he drives?

unique characteristics? (Scars/birthmarks/etc)

Just some things I am wondering...:thinking:

Height?
Weight?
Build?

Oh, and maybe a name, perhaps? Also nicknames, aliases. Known friends or associates.

I read years ago, pregnant women aren't normally given polygraphs if far along in pregnancy due to fetal movement. It could have changed though.
I didnt think of that! Very vood point.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I think a young child could very well be attached to an older person. The roommate might of played games with Diana. She might of really enjoyed his company.

But what, he decides to come back for her. He might have a key, the reason the door is still locked. If she is abducted by this roommate, it actually gives me hope that she will be found alive.

I also wanted to point out that the mother is having someone listen to her and repeat in English, for the life of me I can't remember that term lol, so with that being said. Mom sees door open, turns light on and sees Diana needs to be recovered.

The language and culture differences are playing into this. But I would rack my brain constantly thinking of where my child might be, and come up with new ideas.

"Her daughter's room was open. Hernandez said she may have been cold because they have central air conditioning, and she might have opened the door.
"I switched on the light, covered her, and closed the door," she said.
So she covered her with a green blanket and closed her door again.
At 6:55 a.m., Hernandez said, she woke up and went to prepare another baby bottle. She saw that the stove was on. She asked Jimenez whether he had turned it on, and he said no. She doubted the kids had.
"I checked the door, and it was locked," Hernandez said.
She said she checked the two doors. She went to Diana's room — she slept by herself there — and the door was a little bit opened. Diana wasn't there, she said. The green blanket wasn't there either."

So, door that was closed was now open in the morning and the green blanket is missing.

From above:

"She went to Diana's room — she slept by herself there. "

Bringing forward the new details about the clothing:

Emotions escalate, theory surfaces as family enters Day 4 without missing girl

Family members said they have a theory about the disappearance of 9-year-old Diana Alvares, who was last seen Sunday at 2 a.m. in her home on Unique Circle in the Sheltering Pines Mobile Home Village.

Hand-drawn photos of butterflies embellish the door to her room, which has a since that reads “Keep Out.” Inside, colorful clothes hang over Alvares’ mattress, which is on the floor and missing sheets. Before she vanished, the 9-year-old may have taken with her a green blanket with flower print, deputies and family members said.

[...]

She is 4-foot-4 with black hair and brown eyes, authorities said. Alvares might be wearing blue bottoms and her parents said she went to bed in a black long-sleeve shirt with rhinestones. When Hernandez woke up around 7 a.m., she noticed something strange: all four of the burners on her stove were turned on, according to Alvares’ stepfather Uribe Jimenez.

"He noticed Alvares’ purple-striped shoes were missing from her room."

A family member said Alvares could be with a man who rented a room in the home. Alvares was very attached to this man, who moved out of the home two weeks ago, the family member said. According to family, this would explain why the family dog did not bark when Alvares disappeared.

Deputies have not confirmed any details about this former housemate.

http://www.winknews.com/2016/05/31/...-as-family-enters-day-4-without-missing-girl/

BBM - Those are new details.

Brief video of inside Diana's room is at the link.

"her parents said she went to bed in a black long-sleeve shirt with rhinestones. "

"He noticed Alvares’ purple-striped shoes were missing from her room."

If investigators traveled to Okeechobee to interview the step-mom, then they've also traveled to Orlando to speak with the room-mate if they know where he is. Which, according to the family, they tried reaching out to him, he didn't answer the phone at first, but they did get in touch with him and he said he doesn't have her. You know LE wants to talk him.

I think a young child could very well be attached to an older person. The roommate might of played games with Diana. She might of really enjoyed his company.

But what, he decides to come back for her. He might have a key, the reason the door is still locked. If she is abducted by this roommate, it actually gives me hope that she will be found alive.

I also wanted to point out that the mother is having someone listen to her and repeat in English, for the life of me I can't remember that term lol, so with that being said. Mom sees door open, turns light on and sees Diana needs to be recovered.

The language and culture differences are playing into this. But I would rack my brain constantly thinking of where my child might be, and come up with new ideas.

The roommate could have also "offered" to take Diana back to her dad in Mexico, whether that was his real plan or not.

-Nin

CX

Some good points here...

but it would seem to me that mom would want to keep Diana with her to help care for the siblings...ESPECIALLY... With a new sibling on the way...

Just some thoughts...:thinking:

True! Wondering how old the siblings are.

-Nin

BBM

You know it!!

And personally, I want to see more of MOM, on camera, begging for information. Instead of the step-parents having a #$#$ fest.

"Vizcarra said Diana’s father was deported about a year ago, while Jimenez said it was in 2013. Vizcarra said he was deported after an arrest stemming from an argument and possession of a weapon. She said police have questioned Alvares on the phone about his daughter’s disappearance. He wants to come to the U.S. to help find his daughter, Vizcarra said."

Snip

"Areas being searched include wooded acreage behind and around the community, some of which is part of Estero Bay Preserve, as well as small ponds on the mobile home park’s property."

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...th-lee-county-9-year-old-second-day/85182490/

Post #6 shows the Estero Bay Preserve area, etc.:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ort-Myers-29-May-2016&p=12594068#post12594068

[h=1]Okeechobee County Illegal Alien Pleads Guilty to Illegal Possession of Firearm[/h]"An Okeechobee County man pled guilty today before U.S. Magistrate Court Judge Frank J. Lynch, Jr. to illegal possession of a firearm."

Martin Alvarez-Moreno, 34, of Fort Pierce, Florida, pled guilty to an indictment charging him possession of a firearm by an alien illegally/unlawfully in the U.S.
"According to the stipulated factual basis, on November 7, 2014, Okeechobee County Sherriff’s Office received a 911 call with a complaint of a domestic disturbance involving Alvarez-Moreno and a firearm. "

More at...

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdfl/p...lien-pleads-guilty-illegal-possession-firearm

"Frustrated and worried, Jimenez said he feared for the worst.

“I feel like she’s not here no more, man,” Jimenez said. “That’s my heart that’s telling me. That’s all my heart is telling me. I feel that she’s not here no more.”

He said Tuesday that he plans to defy orders against conducting his own search."

http://www.winknews.com/2016/05/31/...-as-family-enters-day-4-without-missing-girl/

http://www.news-press.com/story/news/2016/05/30/missing-girls-mother-waits/85157288/

Hernandez last saw Diana at 2 a.m. Saturday, when she went to the bathroom. At eight months pregnant, that's part of her routine. By 7 a.m., she peeked in at Diana's bed, and couldn't find her.

With an artistic bent, Diana uses her mother's phone to do Google searches for pictures. Hernandez said the previous three days, Diana was searching and drawing ponies.

Hernandez said the only thing out of character was an incident two months ago, when Diana brought home a paper inviting her to a classmates's home. With no phone number or addresses, Hernandez told her she couldn't go. Diana tore the paper to pieces.

I'm not sure why I can't stop myself from clicking on the threads of young children. They are often so gut wrenching. I want this baby home, looking at ponies and drawing them.

The only good thing is that if the timeline is accurate, it is tight- from 2am until 7am. That would not be a high traffic time, so hopefully they can check cameras and cell phone movement in the area.

EDIT---- Wait!! Which is it. It actually kind of matters:

Martinez said Diana Alvarez was last seen by a sister when the sister went to the bathroom Sunday morning.

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...9-year-old-lee-county-girl-underway/85127440/

BBM (hopefully that worked as I have only done this once before!)

I wonder if Diana's interest in Ponies was anything to do with someone promising her one if she went to live with them?

Is central air as loud as a regular a/c that sit in windows? I had a sweet Pit, and she would not bark at people she knew, she was not much of a barker. My other dog barks at the wind.

A PP mention something, mom awakens at 2, and could something outside disturbed the sleeping. I think that is a good possibility. And Diana's room was previously shut, and then opened, and mom shut it again. I wonder why. Could the perp already be somewhere in the house. I guess Diana, could of been cold, or went to the bathroom. It would be interesting to see if Diana's habits were to close the door herself.

Is central air as loud as a regular a/c that sit in windows? I had a sweet Pit, and she would not bark at people she knew, she was not much of a barker. My other dog barks at the wind.

A PP mention something, mom awakens at 2, and could something outside disturbed the sleeping. I think that is a good possibility. And Diana's room was previously shut, and then opened, and mom shut it again. I wonder why. Could the perp already be somewhere in the house. I guess Diana, could of been cold, or went to the bathroom. It would be interesting to see if Diana's habits were to close the door herself.

You couldn't sneak past my Doberman. My Yorkie, well, she needs her beauty sleep. And doesn't have time for anybody coming in to her house, lol.

In the Jessica Lunsford case, the dog slept right though it all. IIRC, it was burrowed under the covers in the grandparents room. Wasn't there a dog in the Danielle Van-Dam case? I know dogs have been in plenty of homes where a stranger entered in the middle of the night.

The dogs don't always bark. I'm so firm about my Doberman but even he, may not have barked, at a moment when it was really needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173