FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still find Misty's account of washing the blanket as odd.
I understand if she washed Haleigh's blanket because it smelled like pee. I understand her placing a sheet over her until her blanket was washed and dried..(although I would really like to know what kind of blanket it was to know if it could have been washed and dried in that amount of time), however, I do not understand at all why she took a blanket off the window, and what that had to do with anything. The blanket was apparently already on the window, so neither of them needed that one, Misty said she was cleaning so she didn't need a blanket to cover up with..so why take the blanket off the window at all?

i think she said that the blanket she normally uses was, "in the van that they took." did the police impound their van to look for evidence? do they even have a van? why was her blanket in the van? what van?

O/T I know, forgive me.
when I wash blankets I take them to a coin laundry with a BIG machine. how does one wash a blanket at home? in the bathtub? they would overload a regular machine.

Depends on the type and size of blanket. I have a large machine that can handle some blankets but the rest, I send to the cleaners.

I still find Misty's account of washing the blanket as odd.
I understand if she washed Haleigh's blanket because it smelled like pee. I understand her placing a sheet over her until her blanket was washed and dried..(although I would really like to know what kind of blanket it was to know if it could have been washed and dried in that amount of time), however, I do not understand at all why she took a blanket off the window, and what that had to do with anything. The blanket was apparently already on the window, so neither of them needed that one, Misty said she was cleaning so she didn't need a blanket to cover up with..so why take the blanket off the window at all?
I was curious about the blanket on the window, too. She did say she left her blanket in the van. Did she take it down to wash it because it was dirty and she needed another one to cover Rj? Did she wash it together with Haleigh's blanket?

Ugh. As I type this it hit me that it doesn't make any sense at all. It sounds like a "story" she told to LE as to why the blankets were so clean or damp perhaps when they came after Haleigh went missing. Maybe they noticed where the other blanket had been hanging in the window (nails, brads, something there?) and she had to come up with such a story.

If the blankets had no scent at all of Haleigh on them it would also explain why they took it outside to try to get a clear "mark" for the dogs. It could mean that Haleigh was gone long before 3:00 am and she washed evidence. (sigh)

and why in the world would she report to the media immedaitely that that poor baby "peed on her blanket" It seems like she wanted to say it, and say it more than once for some odd reason. Personally, I think this is a clue, something to think about anyway. Misty reminds me of Susan Smith. Very blah, blank..

What if back door got left cracked open and a wandering pitbull dragged her off. Too far fetched to say an alligator. But it is possible. I saw a pitbull kill a dog this summer. Fresh in my mind.

I just think that the average SO in that area is not smart enough to elude investigators this long.

That would make for a lot of blood, of which there is not, so it's not plausible, imo

The whole blanket thing confuses me. But I guess I assumed that since she said "a" blanket was left in the van, they were short a blanket to cover up with. (Doesn't sound like they had a lot of spare blankets.) So she took it off the window and washed it because she needed a blanket to replace the one "in the van"???

See, I thought of it differently. I thought was she was implying was that LE took the blanket in the crime scene van. (Another thing she was inserting during that conversation) I don't think the van had anything to do with the night before.

something that has been going through my mind is how hard is it for a guilty person to beat a polygraph and have there been any recent cases where someone was found guilty even though they had passed a polygraph? thanks.

From the last thread:

Originally Posted by momtective View Post
Misty has 2 brothers Timothy & Tommy. Tommy is married to Lindsy and they live behind the Cummings home. I think Guy Sapp is Lindsy's father. Guy Sapp is a property owner in Satsuma and according to Lindsy's myspace http://www.myspace.com/lindsy_croslin he is very successful and makes alot of money...plus he is a very nice guy!!!
Donald Sapp could be Lindsy's brother, cousin or Uncle.

I think guy sapp must be her grandfather. hes 78 years old! jmo

There is a missing blanket from the house? This is not good, I hadn't caught onto that. So they have up front accounted for a blanket being gone from the home immediately to LE? Hmmmmmm this isn't good. A blanket to wrap the body in ugh!!!!

I still want to know about this van, who took the van she is referring to as "them"? Misty's blanket is in the van, right? The blanket from the window was taken down to put over Haleigh because the one that was originally on her was urinated on and was in washer? So we have three blankets, and one is missing?

The whole blanket thing confuses me. But I guess I assumed that since she said "a" blanket was left in the van, they were short a blanket to cover up with. (Doesn't sound like they had a lot of spare blankets.) So she took it off the window and washed it because she needed a blanket to replace the one "in the van"???

Yeah, I started to go there...but then she said it was in the van they took...I assume they was LE...so it would have been eaiser to get it out of the van than take a blanket that was being used for a curtain off the window right? Because then you have to hang something back over the window.

O/T I know, forgive me.
when I wash blankets I take them to a coin laundry with a BIG machine. how does one wash a blanket at home? in the bathtub? they would overload a regular machine.

I can wash a queen size comforter in my washer..I can't add in sheets or anything else with it, but I can wash one.

I would assume that depends on what kind of blanket it was..
I wonder if she would even think of balancing a load, I mean, normally if I am washing sheets and bedding, I don't realize it is off balance until the washer starts knocking..

I have a very old washer (18yrs) that will walk across the room if I am not careful. LOL that was just my first thought.

It is all so confusing because of the changing stories she has told.

There is a missing blanket from the house? This is not good, I hadn't caught onto that. So they have up front accounted for a blanket being gone from the home immediately to LE? Hmmmmmm this isn't good. A blanket to wrap the body in ugh!!!!

I still want to know about this van, who took the van she is referring to as "them"? Misty's blanket is in the van, right? The blanket from the window was taken down to put over Haleigh because the one that was originally on her was urinated on and was in washer? So we have three blankets, and one is missing?

I think we have a missing blanket.

morning everyone!

Where did this "blanket" response come from? Was it on tv or reported in print? I keep wondering what question was asked that sparked this rambling blanket talk. Was she prompted to start discussing it, or did she just offer up the info for no aparent reason?

See, I thought of it differently. I thought was she was implying was that LE took the blanket in the crime scene van. (Another thing she was inserting during that conversation) I don't think the van had anything to do with the night before.

oh that's right, crime scene van/her sister's van, it never was real clear to me.

Good Morning all. I just now had time to check in on your posts overnight. Read them all.

I like to sleep on things, so I turned Misty's account over and over in my head last night waiting for sleep.

I have nothing to support my thoughts as of now.

I don't believe Misty was in that house the whole time. I believe she did put the kiddos to bed at the time she said she did. But I don't think she was there the whole time.

I'm going to go back today and relisten to what she has to say in her interviews with the perspective of that she wasn't in the house. She doesn't strike me as someone that could come up with a well thought out coverup if she had commited the crime or had a hand in it.

She's young (whether you consider her still a child or a young adult) she's very young. I believe she stepped out for a while.

Just my two cents.

It's like we get TMI on the blanket thing and the back door thing...and nothing about other things.. I can't get past the hink.

I can't get passed the hink either. If someone went through that door, into that house, there is no way a footprint wouldn't be somewhere. Didn't LE say they found a footprint of maybe Haleigh's? I wonder if they found anymore?

morning everyone!

Where did this "blanket" response come from? Was it on tv or reported in print? I keep wondering what question was asked that sparked this rambling blanket talk. Was she prompted to start discussing it, or did she just offer up the info for no aparent reason?

It was from her first interview, n'est-ce pas? The one where she was sitting with the biscuit lady?

It seems as though she is inserting things into her statements, like blankets and pee.
I wonder why she didnt know the girls birthday? If she had been there 5 or 6 months, she has either had a birthday, or was going to have one. My daughter was so proud when she was gonna be 6, she told everyone her birthday...Probably not relevant, but strange to me. If they loved her and she loved them, you would know the kids b-day if you took care of them "24/7"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg