FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a missing blanket from the house? This is not good, I hadn't caught onto that. So they have up front accounted for a blanket being gone from the home immediately to LE? Hmmmmmm this isn't good. A blanket to wrap the body in ugh!!!!

I still want to know about this van, who took the van she is referring to as "them"? Misty's blanket is in the van, right? The blanket from the window was taken down to put over Haleigh because the one that was originally on her was urinated on and was in washer? So we have three blankets, and one is missing?

The whole blanket/van/window thing was veeeeery confusing. I'm going to go back and see if I can find where she talks about the blanket.

morning everyone!

Where did this "blanket" response come from? Was it on tv or reported in print? I keep wondering what question was asked that sparked this rambling blanket talk. Was she prompted to start discussing it, or did she just offer up the info for no aparent reason?

http://www.abcactionnews.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=12940@wfts.dayport.com&navCatId=3&rss=823

This is the video where she talks about the blanket. She goes from crying, to talking straight while detailing the blanket..

morning everyone!

Where did this "blanket" response come from? Was it on tv or reported in print? I keep wondering what question was asked that sparked this rambling blanket talk. Was she prompted to start discussing it, or did she just offer up the info for no aparent reason?

That ramble about the blanket was in response to the reporters question "what happened that night"

The whole blanket thing confuses me. But I guess I assumed that since she said "a" blanket was left in the van, they were short a blanket to cover up with. (Doesn't sound like they had a lot of spare blankets.) So she took it off the window and washed it because she needed a blanket to replace the one "in the van"???

Her statements on everything seem disjointed and incomplete. She seems the type to assume you know what she's talking about such as when she says "in the van that they took". Who is "they"?? What van? She cannot make herself clear. I am hoping the LE interviewers can phrase their questions to get some kind of clear answer out of this girl. Her mind has a tendency to wander............If you listen to the 911 call, she keeps saying "huh?", "what?". When the dispatcher ask for the numerical on Green Lane she said "what's that?". I know that I'm picking on her, but there is a little girl's life hanging in the balance here. Use short words and simple phrases. Even if it takes days to question her. Damn.

The whole blanket/van/window thing was veeeeery confusing. I'm going to go back and see if I can find where she talks about the blanket.
If you find it please repost...I am confused again, too...and I haven't made it through the first cup of coffee yet. LOL Thanks!

Forensic testing should be coming back any day now. Maybe LE is laying low, not saying anything waiting upon results. Maybe they know who did what, but they need verification through testing. If they took a van, why? Did I read somewhere the Father drives a truck back and forth to work? If so, why wouldn't they have confiscated in for the sole purpose of forensic testing? That seems like the normal protocol.

If there is no evidence of anyone entering into the home, out and through the yard coming and going with Haleigh, nothing at all, then how did a perp get in and out? Fly? :waitasec: If there aren't any stranger vehicle tracks, footprints in the yard anywhere, this would not look good. They had to come in and out someway other than flying. If carrying a body with you, your footprints should even be more visible with the added weight upon your steps as you walk, thus leaving deeper tracking marks.

It was from her first interview, n'est-ce pas? The one where she was sitting with the biscuit lady?

does seem strange that two blankets got washed that night. and misty said she was also doing some cleaning. getting rid of evidence? misty said that misty's blanket was in the van so misty was going to use the one over the window but had to wash it first. was the van there but she took down the "curtain" and washed it instead of going outside and getting her blanket out of the van?

I was curious about the blanket on the window, too. She did say she left her blanket in the van. Did she take it down to wash it because it was dirty and she needed another one to cover Rj? Did she wash it together with Haleigh's blanket?

Ugh. As I type this it hit me that it doesn't make any sense at all. It sounds like a "story" she told to LE as to why the blankets were so clean or damp perhaps when they came after Haleigh went missing. Maybe they noticed where the other blanket had been hanging in the window (nails, brads, something there?) and she had to come up with such a story.

If the blankets had no scent at all of Haleigh on them it would also explain why they took it outside to try to get a clear "mark" for the dogs. It could mean that Haleigh was gone long before 3:00 am and she washed evidence. (sigh)

I'm right there with you. Here we go again...

Hornsw~ I chalked it up to Ronnie screaming in the background and not being able to hear the 911 operator.

so if the blanket was used to cover the window, maybe this is how the perp was able to see in the room w/ the T.V. on??? perhaps, the gf did not wake up during the night when the perp was in the house b/c she was used to the father coming home during the night and her sleeping mind did not worry.

does seem strange that two blankets got washed that night. and misty said she was also doing some cleaning. getting rid of evidence? misty said that misty's blanket was in the van so misty was going to use the one over the window but had to wash it first. was the van there but she took down the "curtain" and washed it instead of going outside and getting her blanket out of the van?

The reason it didn't make any sense to me is because now she is saying that her and junior was sleeping together, and Haleigh alone. Now if some van was there and Misty's blanket was in it, and she removed the blanket from the window to wash it, then what did she put on Junior? She never said she laid a sheet on both of them. If neither children had a blanket, why not put them in the bed together and put a sheet over them until the blankets were washed?

Wasn't it just mentioned that they don't have a van?

pinch poke Ceeker I owe you a coke.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTl4PUY6o_E

Here's the interview where she talks about the blanket. It sounds to me the van took the blanket before Haleigh went missing. So I'm thinking it was in her sister's van not taken by LE. But I could be wrong

Well that makes it even worse for me because I have been thinking if Misty did anything she would have to have help....now why would her blanket be in her sisters van. Makes me wonder if that is how they transported Haleigh, and she had to excuse the missing blanket.

I sure hope that something breaks today! I must do my duties as the baseball mom...we were rained out on Saturday, so our Sunday will be spent in the fields!
I'll be thinking of Haleigh today!
Prayers to all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members