Identified! FL - Big Coppitt Key, 'Valentine Jane Doe' 49UFFL, 16-25, Feb'91 - Wanda Deann Kirkum *killer died*

I don't see it. They have entirely different facial shapes. Valentine Jane Doe has a much shorter, turned up nose. Aundria has a very long nose with very little upturn.

BTW, I am in frequent contact with Aundria's biological mother, and she is quite active in trying to find out what happened to Aundria (who was born Alexis Miranda Badger).

I agree with you on the more recent photo, her face is more heart-shaped... but its the black & white photo that struck me. for some reason the shape of the face is different from the color photo, and i see Aundria's face there. The B&W pic looks very close to me... not so much with the color pic. but i see what you mean about her nose!
i'm wondering why the two pics are so different... forensic artistry is something i plan on studying (my art tends to portraits) and its fascinating how forensic artists "create" a face. however, JD was found within a day of her death, so LE must be confident about her appearance... but why the huge differences in the pics? they look like two different girls.

The Seminole Tribe of FL holds a festival every February.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1991-02-08/features/9101070668_1_moccasins-festival-stitching

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/19...717_1_seminole-tribe-festival-grounds-chickee

"To aquaint some of the 13,000 festival-goers with the Seminole heritage, a mock Seminole village was created on the festival grounds at Stirling Road and State Road 7."

I do think there is a thread here at WS for this Doe, btw.

ETA: I can't locate a thread for her here either. Maybe I have just read her case so many times at NamUs that I think it was here?
Let me see if I can find it.

i followed those links... are the areas related where JD was found?

There are a lot of Indian festivals in FL at that time of year. It's nice weather here when the Northern states are blustery. There is a circuit of sorts that they work.

Maybe she was part Native American or perhaps was just very interested in the culture.

If she hitched from elsewhere she may have worn her moccasins and had already purchased them or she may have bought them at the Pow-Wow. After the Pow-Wow she may have decided to hitch to the Keys. The Florida Keys really are not that far from the Seminole Reservation. Maybe she was headed to Key West. Southernmost point in the US. Jimmy Buffet land kind of thing?

I am trying to remember if that is the right time of year for the Sun Dance that was outlawed by the US Government, I think it is. There are a lot of Seminoles that come down for that Pow-Wow from Oklahoma that are related to the FL tribe.

Just ideas. The moccasins would not stand out so much to me if I did not know about the Pow-Wows.

What about this possible match?

Theresa Fischbach disappeared about 5 years before this Doe was found, but she seems to be a good physical match as well as her tattoo is an exact match.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3027dfmo.html

Attachments

• TFishbach.jpg
    TFishbach.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 49UFFL9.jpg
    49UFFL9.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 79
bumping....

What about this possible match?

Theresa Fischbach disappeared about 5 years before this Doe was found, but she seems to be a good physical match as well as her tattoo is an exact match.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3027dfmo.html

I was just about to post this UID in Theresa's WS thread (as there was no mention linking these two) but thought I'd google the UID ref first and found traacker's post here!

I really think this could be a match, nearly everything fits except for the second tattoo which could have been added in the 5 years she was missing.

DNA is on file for both, one in CODIS, the other at U of Texas. Wouldn't they have been compared?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/slaugenhoupt_terry.html
Terry was reported missing January 6, 1991 from Pttsburgh, PA, she was 28 years old (a few more years than UID cut-off age)
Here are a couple of Terry and Jane Doe Valentine side by side pics... Let me know what you all think and if I should submit....
(Also, I have a copy of the morgue pic and the colored photo of JD Valentine looks a lot different)

Attachments

• Terry Slaugenhoupt missing 1-6-91 PA-BnW-jANE dOE vALENTINE.jpg
    Terry Slaugenhoupt missing 1-6-91 PA-BnW-jANE dOE vALENTINE.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 58
  • Terry Slaugenhoupt missing 1-6-91 PA-Namus-2487-Jane Doe Valentine bnw.jpg
    Terry Slaugenhoupt missing 1-6-91 PA-Namus-2487-Jane Doe Valentine bnw.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 61
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/slaugenhoupt_terry.html
Terry was reported missing January 6, 1991 from Pttsburgh, PA, she was 28 years old (a few more years than UID cut-off age)
Here are a couple of Terry and Jane Doe Valentine side by side pics... Let me know what you all think and if I should submit....
(Also, I have a copy of the morgue pic and the colored photo of JD Valentine looks a lot different)

Hi Homegirl, how have you been? <3 I really think they do look alike but the cirmstances are sorta off, Did Terry have any tats? I dont see anywhere that says she does?

Hi Homegirl, how have you been? <3 I really think they do look alike but the cirmstances are sorta off, Did Terry have any tats? I dont see anywhere that says she does?

Hey!! Been good, just super busy! You doing good? I haven't had much to add here and haven't had much time to do so, just lurk around and keep up with my 'special' cases!
Anyhow, haven't found where anyone reported tats, but then I am not sure if the family initially reported Terry missing, just the roommate has been quoted. The heart tattoo could've been hidden by clothing and the cross one looks like someone drew that with an ink pen, it's barely noticeable. I haven't found where the family has even been interviewed or given statements, so strange.... Not a lot of info out there for Terry! :waitasec:
They do look very similar to me!

bumping....

I was just about to post this UID in Theresa's WS thread (as there was no mention linking these two) but thought I'd google the UID ref first and found traacker's post here!

I really think this could be a match, nearly everything fits except for the second tattoo which could have been added in the 5 years she was missing.

I didn't submit this but maybe we should? Did you want to submit it ScrambledEggs?

I'm uncertain as to what I can or cannot say but I'd still like to help. I hope she's identified soon.

HeadVal.jpg

Wow! That looks a hell of a lot like Jane Doe!! I wonder if their DNAs or dentals have been compared...

Wasn't exactly sure which forum to post this in.

When looking at a particular article on Sam Little, this Jane Doe immediately popped in my head. It doesn't help to identify her, but it does appear she may have been one of his victims.

Jane Doe- She was beaten and strangled to death with her bikini top. Her face was bruised by a beating, apparently when she was killed.Investigators believe the victim was raped, but that has not been proved. http://doenetwork.org/cases/49uffl.html

Sam Little - "Little's MO was allegedly to cold-*advertiser censored* his victims with a KO punch, then choke them to death while masturbating over their bodies."[snipped] "We know that he was in Florida in the early '80s -- '82, '83, '84 -- in the '90s, and the 2000s." http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2013/05/samuel_little_alleged_la.php
**There's also a FL map at link to show the counties he was in there...and other states.

When looking at a particular article on Sam Little, this Jane Doe immediately popped in my head. It doesn't help to identify her, but it does appear she may have been one of his victims.

Jane Doe- She was beaten and strangled to death with her bikini top. Her face was bruised by a beating, apparently when she was killed.Investigators believe the victim was raped, but that has not been proved. http://doenetwork.org/cases/49uffl.html

Sam Little - "Little's MO was allegedly to cold-*advertiser censored* his victims with a KO punch, then choke them to death while masturbating over their bodies."[snipped] "We know that he was in Florida in the early '80s -- '82, '83, '84 -- in the '90s, and the 2000s." http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2013/05/samuel_little_alleged_la.php
**There's also a FL map at link to show the counties he was in there...and other states.

He should have his own post in serial killers. Making one now... I don't see a map listed in your article.

Article below was linked to the one you posted. They could have had him in 1976 but let him get away. I wonder if he was ever in NJ.

Cold case files probed after alleged strangler's arrest

Cold case files probed after alleged strangler's arrest Then came the 911 call of Sept. 11, 1976, in Sunset Hills, Mo.

Pamela Kay Smith was banging on the back door of a home, crying for help, naked below the waist with her hands bound behind her back with electrical cord and cloth. Smith, who was a drug addict, told officers that she was picked up by Little in St. Louis. She said he choked her from behind with electrical cord, forced her into his car, beat her unconscious, then drove to Sunset Hills and raped her.

Officers found Little, then 36, still seated in his car near the home where Smith sought refuge, with her jewelry and clothing inside. Little denied raping Smith, telling officers: "I only beat her." The case summary was recalled in court papers filed by prosecutors in Los Angeles.

Little was found guilty of assault with the intent to ravish-rape and was sentenced to three months in county jail. Pascagoula Detective Versiga, who reviewed the Smith case, believes Little may have pleaded to a lesser charge and received a shorter sentence because of the victim's lifestyle. The case file refers to Smith as a heroin addict who often failed to appear in court.

After that, the charges against Little grew more serious.

In Pascagoula, LaPree went missing in September 1982 after getting into a wood-paneled station wagon with a man witnesses later identified as Little. A month later her remains were found, and Little was arrested in her killing and the assault of two other prostitutes. Versiga believes grand jurors failed to indict in part because of the difficulty in determining a precise time of death but also because of credibility problems due to the victim and witnesses working as prostitutes.

Little, nevertheless, remained in custody and was extradited to Florida to be tried in the case of another slain woman.

Patricia Ann Mount, 26 and mentally disabled, was found dead in the fall of 1982 in rural Forest Grove, Fla., near Gainesville. Eyewitnesses described last seeing her leaving a beer tavern with a man identified as Little in a wood-paneled station wagon.

According to The Gainesville Sun's coverage of the trial, a fiber analyst testified that hairs found on Mount's clothes "had the same characteristics as head hairs taken from" Little. But when cross-examined the analyst said "it was also possible for hairs to be transferred if two people bumped together."

A jury acquitted Little in January 1984.

bumping....

Was this ever submitted?

BTW, I talked to the LAPD detective this morning about the possibility of Sam Little being responsible for this case (in addition to 1980 Walker County Jane Doe and the 1976 Crittenden Kentucky Jane Doe). The detective had a detailed timeline of Sam Little's whereabouts over the past few decades. She said that Sam Little was in Los Angeles at the time of Valentine Doe's murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back