Identified! FL - Big Coppitt Key, 'Valentine Jane Doe' 49UFFL, 16-25, Feb'91 - Wanda Deann Kirkum *killer died*

BTW, I talked to the LAPD detective this morning about the possibility of Sam Little being responsible for this case (in addition to 1980 Walker County Jane Doe and the 1976 Crittenden Kentucky Jane Doe). The detective had a detailed timeline of Sam Little's whereabouts over the past few decades. She said that Sam Little was in Los Angeles at the time of Valentine Doe's murder.

Sam Little possibly more then 24 states

Ruleouts listed on Namus:

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Theresa Fischbach 1969 Texas
Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida
Charlene Villinger 1958 Virginia

It is approaching 24 years. Who is this girl?

oddly there are two different namus profiles for UIDs found on the same date and same age bracket in Monroe County FL and possibly the two were confused on this thread. It sounds like they are describing two different women.

the first is case # 6182 and says the UID 5'7", 145 lbs and was found in Big Coppitt Key:

https://identifyus.org/cases/6182

This one says the UID was 5'4", 130 lbs and was found in the mangroves south of the Spanish Channel Bridge:

https://identifyus.org/cases/1167

The Namus profile for the latter UID refers the reader to Doe Network profile for 49UFFL, which was listed in this thread for case # 6182.

now I am totally confused.

The 1167 case is now gone, but 6182 is there. The same three ruleouts as before.

Did Sara get submitted? Someone has to know this girl. Very recognizable face. What strikes me is her nose and eyebrow. Could be from the head injuries, but the reconstructions make it seem like her right eyebrow (if facing her) goes up more than the left.

Some one had mentioned that there was another thread for this Valentines - doe killed on Valentine's day. Is there another one? Seems after so many years there would be more than 2 pages? Maybe not. So sad. Wonder if she had a child as speculated?

Some one had mentioned that there was another thread for this Valentines - doe killed on Valentine's day. Is there another one? Seems after so many years there would be more than 2 pages? Maybe not. So sad. Wonder if she had a child as speculated?

Off the top of my head, I know of two other Jane Doe's found on Valentines Day:

Valentine Sally - 1982
AZ-Coconino County, Valentine-Sally 585UFAZ, 14-19, Feb-1982

Mount Vernon NY Jane Doe - 1988
NY-Mount-Vernon-WhtFem-51UFNY-18-25-Strangled-and-Left-Near-Junkyard-Feb-88

Did Sara get submitted? Someone has to know this girl. Very recognizable face. What strikes me is her nose and eyebrow. Could be from the head injuries, but the reconstructions make it seem like her right eyebrow (if facing her) goes up more than the left.

I submitted Sarah, but never recieved any response to phone calls or email.

She also should be easily recognized by her tattoos. ???!!!

An unidentified female was found murdered on February 15, 1991 in a wooded area south of Bahia Honda Channel Bridge in Monroe County, Florida near Big Coppitt and Big Pine Key in a recreational area known as the “horseshoe.” She was murdered on #ValentinesDay, 1991, and found the next day. She was nude and had been strangled with a bikini top. The female had died within 24 hours of being found. Witnesses saw Jane Doe hitchhiking the day of her murder. She was last seen going northbound near mile marker 17 on U.S. Highway 1, about 18 miles from where her body was discovered. Two witnesses from the “horseshoe” area independently observed an older model white pickup truck with a camper shell in the area, driven by two white males. One of the witnesses saw the pickup on Feb. 14 and the other remembers the truck in the area two to three days prior.

Blood was discovered on a nearby dirt road. Drag marks led investigators to scattered pieces of the girl’s clothing.

An autopsy revealed that Jane Doe was sexually assaulted and severely beaten.

She is described as between 16-25 years old, ethnicity unknown, 5’05” – 5’07” tall, weighed around 130 lbs., had straight, short collar length dark brown hair and brownish-green eye color. She wore stud earrings. Each ear had 4 piercings. The left ear had 2 earrings and the right had 4 earrings.

She also wore a silver TimeX watch on her right wrist.

Found with the female was a long-sleeved cardigan sweater with wide rose and dark purple horizontal stripes (Forenza brand), blue denim shorts (Big Yank brand), a bikini top, and a pair of black ankle-high moccasin style shoes with red stitching and leather fringe down the back seem (Clicks brand, size 6 1/2 ).

She had stretch marks on her abdomen that indicated a previous pregnancy and two tattoos. One tattoo is of a heart with the word "Love" written inside of it on left shoulder. The second tattoo is on her left hand between her thumb and forefinger of a small cross with radiating lines coming from it.

The female also had two teeth on the top of her mouth extracted earlier in life. She was also suffering from ovarian and fallopian tube cysts plus chronic salphingitis that might have caused her abdominal pain and she might have sought medical assistance. She had antemortem skeletal markers of anemia.

Facial reconstruction created by a NCMEC Forensic Artist and depicts what the female may have looked like in life. Anyone with information on her identity, please contact the Monroe County Medical Examiners Office at 305-743-9011 or 1-800-843-5678.

https://www.facebook.com/missingcas...1039.212865135400495/1048127878540879/?type=1

(snipped for focus)
The second tattoo is on her left hand between her thumb and forefinger of a small cross with radiating lines coming from it.

https://www.facebook.com/missingcas...1039.212865135400495/1048127878540879/?type=1

I hadn't noticed this detail before. That kind of cross is called a pachuco cross and it frequently but not always indicates a person who identifies as hispanic and/or Catholic. It has sometimes been called a gang sign but hispanic friends tell me it's more of an ethnic and religious identifier, especially on a woman.

I thought this looked like more of Tina Marie Crouch in her medical records, and the picture looks alike with changed features I reported it to lost missing children, but not sure if they found this information here. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/261/97
The hair is shorter, and eyebrows done but they have the same noses, and medical stuff. A worth to take a look into..
I hadn't noticed this detail before. That kind of cross is called a pachuco cross and it frequently but not always indicates a person who identifies as hispanic and/or Catholic. It has sometimes been called a gang sign but hispanic friends tell me it's more of an ethnic and religious identifier, especially on a woman.

2d6sm5h.jpg

Interesting find! It does look like that particular tattoo is a common gang tattoo and placed in that exact location on left hand between thumb and pointer. The 3 Rays are also seen as the trinity to some and is more of a religious symbol. The clothes found with this girl don't strike me as gang type. They seem pretty wholesome and naive even. A Forenza sweater was not cheap in the late 80s so I'm wondering what Her background is.
She had good dental care in the past too.
I'm thinking runaway here that got caught up in something beyond her control.
The tattoos are not fancy and likely homemade.
Will start to look closely as Hispanic MPs outside of Florida. I don't think she's local. The Keys are a hotspot for just about everyone from everywhere looking for something.

What about Misty Mock? Her thread is here on WS and just read post from her sister that really struck me:

"Hi everyone, I am new here so please excuse me if I do this wrong. This is my sister Misty. I would like to clear somethings up about this case. Not that it would make to much of a difference in the case. ( I am not sure anyway)The last time I seen Misty was Jan 20 1988.
I don't even remember where she was going to be honest. I know it was January 20 because my son was 10 days old and it was the first time she had ever seen him. We got a call from the police in or around Oct through Dec of 1988. They said she was drunk in public they were going to have to hold her in an office space, they only had a mans jail? Sounds crazy I know. They said she looked possibly pregnant, looking maybe 5 months or so. I was 5 months pregnant at the time also. The police released her after she sobered up and took her off the missing list. So we had to redo that whole thing again down the line somewhere.
With that said we don't know if she was pregnant or not. My guess is that bad livers could make a person look pregnant. I am guessing here. It could have been anything. Also I am inclined to think Misty may have had Polly cystic ovaries. One because she had done plenty to get pregnant in the past and she had a hair problem. Hairy back, arms etc...That is a symptom of this disorder.
Also she was 4'10 1/2" tall not 5.0 She had had dental work and had fillings but had a prefect smile. She had a small chip on a front tooth but it was not noticeable (to me anyway) She wore a smaller sized shoe like 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 in tennis shoes maybe lager in dress type shoes. Also she mostly wore nice type clothing with hills. I did not see her in tennis shoes very often. Her pants size ranged from a 0 to maybe a smaller 5.
One more thing the police do have finger prints of hers but they are most likely under my other sisters name. Due to Misty giving my other sisters name when she shop lifted once. I am unaware if GA took prints or not.
I guess that is it for now. Anyway my name is Benita I am not only here to help with anything if possible but I would like to find my sister also. Happy spring everyone!"
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?104648-WA-Misty-Michelle-Mock-22-Tacoma-1-June-1989

mentions cysts on ovaries, dental work and thought she was going to Florida at one point. Was 5 mnths pregnant in 1988 or 1989. Small shoes, like the ones found.
The nose is similar as well, I think, but height is off.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/1073

The poster has a photo of the tattoo and I'm not sure it's a pachuco cross after all. Usually the pachuco has three lines for the trinity. This has four. A quick look didn't turn up any particular symbolism for four lines.

Makes me wonder if she was copying a tattoo she had seen but didn't get the details right?

Re: Misty Mock

Here's a side by side. The resemblance really is quite strong on the face-forward views, but I'm not so sure about the nose from the side. The height discrepancy is pretty big, but we've seen some pretty wide mismatches on that front.

Attachments

• misty mock with coppit key uid.png
    misty mock with coppit key uid.png
    313 KB · Views: 244
They do look close! But Valentine Doe is listed as a non-smoker with one filling, while Misty is said to have been a smoker with 13 fillings. Doubtful they're a match.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back