GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son was diagnosed with BiPolar, but it was while he was abusing drugs and ETOH at 20. Now that he has been sober for 1 1/2 years, after listening to this tutorial/testimony, I regretfully and sadly have to say, that some of the behaviors still exist. I need to get him re-evaluated. Fortunately, he is not a threat to others or himself, but the hypo mania is there. I am very sad and could use a hug if you all don't mind. This is excruciatingly painful to admit.

He's a lucky young man to have your attention and care. :grouphug:

Just like yesterday, the def. lawyer put me into a snooze. I'm awake now!

Darn that Tom Jone's song is rattling around in my head...

'It's not unusual...' (and that's all I know about that song, the first three words)

It's in my mind too!

*snaps fingers*

"It's not unusual to be loved by you..."

*dances against book case like Karen from Will and Grace*

aaaand back to the trial.

Big hugs to you Zuri. I will pray for you and your son. You are very strong!!!!

My son now 31 has schizo-affective disorder. Been going through this over 10 years now. In and out of psych hospitals. He is so much worse now. Seems no meds are working. He's been on everything. :(

So the doctor had to admonish JS about sticking to what she remembers only. Isn't that borderline coaching??

So much of the questioning of the psychiatrists reminds me of the Jodi Arias trial

I can't help but wonder why Beth Marsh hasn't been called to the stand, since the was the last mental health provider to see JS before the murders (she saw her on Jan. 20, I think). Dr Myers references her notes of that meeting.

Its interesting why neither side didn't call the last doctor, Beth Marsh, in to testify.

These attorneys may be kind of lackluster, but they are very skilled IMO

I recall from somewhere that JS had mentioned she hoped Beau was going to heaven and she wasn't sure about Calyx.

It sure didn't sound like she was taking them all to heaven as these doctors say.

Again, I have to ask: Was this doc not aware of the "Saturday Massacre" comment?

Wow! So many of you with big issues...think I will keep my own. (((Hugs))) to all. MI ripple effects cause so many problems for so many. I heard the multiplier for each person with MI at least five other people are profoundly affected...and then these five affect others and so on. We need better health care!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's in my mind too!

*snaps fingers*

"It's not unusual to be loved by you..."

*dances against book case like Karen from Will and Grace*

aaaand back to the trial.

:floorlaugh: I think we may be highly susceptible to hypnotizing. No more three AM night club acts in LA for me.

My son now 31 has schizo-affective disorder. Been going through this over 10 years now. In and out of psych hospitals. He is so much worse now. Seems no meds are working. He's been on everything. :(

My sincere sympathy. I know what you mean, my son is close in age, now 28. It started in middle school as small changes more than 10 years ago, and became noticeable as he entered high school. It seems with every med change he was a different person and only made matters worse, leading to his suicide attempt and short hospitalization. He decided then, he did not want to take meds anymore. That was two years ago, and Thank God, he has been living and working independently since. Like I said earlier, he has his down days but he knows how to pick himself up with the help of family and friends.

I must admit this is a very emotional trial for me on several levels. Not the least of which, I live in FL, but witnessing some of the vitriol in the video comments and WAT chat against people with MI. Sadly the stigma still exists, and it's this kind of treatment that sends patients back into the closet. :/

Many hugs for you too, Whiteorchids.

Hugs to you also, Haunts.

Daily hugs to all who live, care for MI.

Me thinks the defense didn't provide doctor with other doc's assessments, OR he is an idiot. The end.

This DA is good. As members of society we would not allow a person who announces plan to kill themselves or their kids to go through with the purchase of a gun because it is wrong. JS knew it was wrong so she lied about reason saying against break ins.

Me thinks the defense didn't provide doctor with other doc's assessments, OR he is an idiot. The end.

I don't think he's an idiot, so I think it's the former. The state may be onto that.

Trial Queen Sharee ‏@TrialQnSharee 23s
I believe each testimony of these Dr's has shown #JulieSchenecker knew the difference between right and wrong when she bought the gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox