GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing that kept her from committing suicide is that she didn't want to leave her children alone.

She also feared they would be abused or have other horrible things happen to her like she did.

Until 2009, she had a great relationship w/ both kids. A soul mate with Calyx. Father would provide guidance and structure -- both parents complemented each other in their parenting style.

She bought the gun to kill herself. Once she got it, the idea of taking the kids with her began to come about.

She didn't commit suicide due to mixed feelings.

she didn't shoot herself because it was "messy"....

1:15 PM

Twitter
ABCActionNewsCourt

@actionnewscourt

#ScheneckerTrial back from break. WATCH LIVE: wfts.tv/1jGWUtl

My son was diagnosed with BiPolar, but it was while he was abusing drugs and ETOH at 20. Now that he has been sober for 1 1/2 years, after listening to this tutorial/testimony, I regretfully and sadly have to say, that some of the behaviors still exist. I need to get him re-evaluated. Fortunately, he is not a threat to others or himself, but the hypo mania is there. I am very sad and could use a hug if you all don't mind. This is excruciatingly painful to admit.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Zuri)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Group hug for you! :loveyou:

Interrogated, then taken to jail, then taken to hospital.

Toxic levels of Lithium in her system as well as her blood thinner.

Interestingly, detectives described her as alert and oriented during the interrogation, yet she had psychotic thinking during the interview.

Up until she went to Windmoor, she had not been on an antidepressant for months.

From Jan 2010 to Jan 2011, she was on 10 different meds that were being changed in dosages up and down, and sometimes discontinued. Such med changes can caused psychosis, mania, or depression.

My son was diagnosed with BiPolar, but it was while he was abusing drugs and ETOH at 20. Now that he has been sober for 1 1/2 years, after listening to this tutorial/testimony, I regretfully and sadly have to say, that some of the behaviors still exist. I need to get him re-evaluated. Fortunately, he is not a threat to others or himself, but the hypo mania is there. I am very sad and could use a hug if you all don't mind. This is excruciatingly painful to admit.

:grouphug: Zuri

If something positive can come out of this, you now know you need to have him re-evaluated. Kudos to you for recognizing it and making that decision.
When you know better, you do better. Don't waste time beating yourself up over things you simply did not know.

Here is a big hug from me (((((((((Zuri)))))))))!

:therethere: :hug:

Her mental illness very poorly controlled, even before alcohol and oxycodone was involved.

All this time I thought this was another of the doctor's seeing JS for treatment and gave some weight to his testimony.

He's a hired gun...

This doctor is starting to sound like the science of mental health is a paint as you go project. A little more blue there, cover up the yellow with some purple.

((((Zuri)))))

Try not to worry too much. Knowledge is power. Don't force him into taking pills if he can maintain the highs and lows without it. I really think it does more harm than good sometimes.

My son also struggles with BP and has attempted suicide twice. He has been off medication for a few years and has decided he wants to try to maintain his balance without it. He has some down days but with understanding and gentle self care he gets back on his feet and back to work pretty quickly.

:grouphug:

ABCActionNewsCourt ‏@actionnewscourt · 1m
Dr. Myers now on cross examination discussing whether Myers recently changed his diagnosis of #JulieSchenecker.

Darn that Tom Jone's song is rattling around in my head...

'It's not unusual...' (and that's all I know about that song, the first three words)

Interrogated, then taken to jail, then taken to hospital.

Toxic levels of Lithium in her system as well as her blood thinner.

Interestingly, detectives described her as alert and oriented during the interrogation, yet she had psychotic thinking during the interview.

Up until she went to Windmoor, she had not been on an antidepressant for months.

From Jan 2010 to Jan 2011, she was on 10 different meds that were being changed in dosages up and down, and sometimes discontinued. Such med changes can caused psychosis, mania, or depression.

I think it's pretty common to find that LE simply do not know how to properly handle EDP's.

All this time I thought this was another of the doctor's seeing JS for treatment and gave some weight to his testimony.

He's a hired gun...

I can't help but wonder why Beth Marsh hasn't been called to the stand, since the was the last mental health provider to see JS before the murders (she saw her on Jan. 20, I think). Dr Myers references her notes of that meeting.

Trial Queen Sharee ‏@TrialQnSharee 1m
The Dr is now frustrated #JulieSchenecker calls the diagnosis a close call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members