GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
story 3 or 4 :

For Cherish, Rayne bought her caramel brown and sparkly silver hair clips. On Mother’s Day, Cherish had given Rayne a hair clip and Cherish wanted one so she could look like her mother.
For her youngest daughter, 4-year-old Nevaeh, she found a dress. She looked at it. She counted her money. She walked away. She walked back. She looked at it again. She counted her money again.
Rayne had a budget, and there are things she wanted and things she needed. She didn’t need the dress.
Somebody was watching Rayne. He was watching her count her money. He was watching her eyeing the dress for Nevaeh.
He was watching Cherish.
The older man, the one with gray-white hair and a mustache, asked if she was trying to save money.

http://mayportmirror.jacksonville.c...k-after-8-year-old-cherish-perrywinkles-death

Also in that article

She said she was uncomfortable in Smith's van the whole ride to Walmart and noticed the two backseats had been removed. Perrywinkle said that she believes her family was targeted.

WTH!!!!! 2 seats are missing and she does not go straight to the customer service as soon as she and her girls made the ride still alive ! This mother PAINTED a big RED BULLSEYE on her 3 girls IMO to get free stuff she was use to strangers doing her job!, and not have to do anything like ummmmmm get a job or a working BF.

At best, RP has diminished mental capabilities that do not allow her mind to see the possible consequences of her actions .. and this is a BIG worry (to me) as she continues to have the custody and care of two small children.

At worst, RP knowingly behaved in an unacceptable and risky (by reasonable standards) manner, putting herself and others in possible danger, all for a $100 gift card .. and this, too, is a BIG worry to me due to those two small children in her continued care.

We are talking about a 45 year-old mother of 4 who has, no doubt, seen a thing or two in her life – not a young babysitter who made a really dumb mistake.

On the official Cherish FB page, one of the women posted that they went to RP's house. She let this woman in after asking her if she was with the media. I'm sure this has to be considered a rumor here on WS but it is on FB. If this happened, I'm shocked. I'm sure there have been people in and out all week but she has to draw the line somewhere.

Also, FTR, I find it creepy that someone went to her house for the sake of being nosey and go run back and discuss it on Facebook. It's my opinion that they went just for that reason only. Who does that???

What a terrible, tragic case. I put a lot of blame on the legal system for letting this predator out of prison over and over to keep committing more crimes. The mother made some very poor choices but this guy should never have been back on the streets after his previous crimes.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...t-daughter-Cherish-Perrywinkles-disappearance

Also from the link she talks about how she thinks her family was targeted. She thinks DS Watched them and chose them. I happen to believe he chose them, too. I just haven't formed an opinion on whether it was before Dollar General or spur of the moment in Dollar General.
We talked about this yesterday and Saturday in the other threads. About the possibility that he got RP & family's info from somewhere and speculated on how he chooses his victims. Now it's in an article. :?

I still find the way she talks with reporters to be so odd. The interview yesterday with the "Vowing to never forget Cherish", the lady who suggested pills to help her cope but RP only takes meds she has a prescription for.. and about throwing away her clothes.. Today it's "she showed us her scraped knees where she hit the pavement in the Highland Baptist Church parking lot.." This is so odd. I don't think anyone needs convincing that she was devastated with the news that her daughter was murdered but she interviews strangely, IMO. Or these reporters report strangely.

Even though my opinion is well known here- that I think there were plenty of opportunities for RP to make different choices that night, I don't doubt that she loved her children. I don't doubt that she is heartbroken, devastated, or grieving. I just wish she would make the interviews she gives about Cherish and not about deflecting her role/responsibility in what happened.

On the official Cherish FB page, one of the women posted that they went to RP's house. She let this woman in after asking her if she was with the media. I'm sure this has to be considered a rumor here on WS but it is on FB. If this happened, I'm shocked. I'm sure there have been people in and out all week but she has to draw the line somewhere.

Also, FTR, I find it creepy that someone went to her house for the sake of being nosey and go run back and discuss it on Facebook. It's my opinion that they went just for that reason only. Who does that???

Yeah, that really, really freaked me out.

She talked to Cherish about strangers? Sounds like she was the one needing that talk.

i have been known to not allow my teenagers to go get a burger with their friends... this case is just heartbreaking. i had hopes that we would have some action by now... I'm wondering if negligence charges will be brought? where is AP? one thing is certain, RP enjoys the spotlight, i am sure there will be another article soon...

Why does this woman keep talking to the press EVERY DAY? Retelling the story over and over again (adding more details)? I can see giving a statement, but EVERY D&#@ DAY? I don't get it. If it was me the last thing I would want to do is keep telling the story over and over again, to a freakin reporter. I would be grieving. In private. With those closest to me.
It would be different if her "talks" with the reporter were all about changes to sex-offender laws and getting justice for her child, but they don't seem to be. It seems to be all "I didn't do anything wrong". Whatever.

JMO!!!

I think she reacts to things that she hears or reads that are being said about her.
People say she made horrible decisions.
She says she's an excellent mother
People say, why would she go into a van with a stranger.
She says he came off as a family man.
People say, didn't she have any warning bells ringing.
She found him creepy and he gave Cherish too much attention.
People say why would she let a strange creepy man take her daughter to the dressing rooms.
She made sure that he didn't get into the dressing room, he just handed her clothes.
People say, why would she let her daughter go get her a cheeseburger with a creepy stranger.
She says she didn't allow it and in fact she had told Cherish not to go away with any strangers from the store.

I think a victim's advocate should advise her that it is probably not in their best interest to have the media focus on her family so much.

Yes, it certainly is broken.

However, her daughter was not playing outside or riding her bike. She was shopping with her mom. She was put in a van with a strange man, by her mom. She was allowed to shop for HOURS with a man that was "creepy," by her mom. She was allowed to go to a dressing room with a man that was "creepy," by her mom. She was allowed to walk away with a "creepy" man, by her mom. She was not reported missing for 20 + minutes, by her mom.

There HAS to be discussion about what her mom did. Other parents must learn from what she did. Our system did fail. None of us will disagree with that. We are horrified by the failure of the system. We can't ignore, that the system isn't the only thing that failed. The mother failed. She failed to use common sense. She failed to listen to her instincts. She failed to keep her daughter close. She failed to keep her safe from harm. She failed to keep her other children safe from harm. She failed in the most basic of parental ways. To not allow you children to go somewhere with a creepy stranger. We DO know something about her parenting skills. We know that she allows her daughters to be put in danger, multiple times.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have plenty of outrage to go around. The system is responsible for letting him out and not protecting society.The monster is responsible for his evil. The mother is responsible for facilitating his evil. All get my outrage. All hold responsibility in the death of a beautiful child. All should be punished.

Respectfully, mom has been punished more than any of you (I pray) will ever know.

He is the perp, she is not. Unless MSM and LE charge her, I am going to focus on the man who knew how to pick his victims and who killed that child within an hour of taking her iirc.

Is it fair to say that there may be other crimes tied to him out there? I will read back and see what has been dug up.

Why does this woman keep talking to the press EVERY DAY? Retelling the story over and over again (adding more details)? I can see giving a statement, but EVERY D&#@ DAY? I don't get it. If it was me the last thing I would want to do is keep telling the story over and over again, to a freakin reporter. I would be grieving. In private. With those closest to me.
It would be different if her "talks" with the reporter were all about changes to sex-offender laws and getting justice for her child, but they don't seem to be. It seems to be all "I didn't do anything wrong". Whatever.

JMO!!!

I am sorry to bounce back so quickly, but given the temperature on the thread and using it as a gauge of the GP, I would say that she is panic struck and bereft and she needs someone to tell the cameras to go away, and she needs some grief counseling.

I would be probably very alarmed at the person who was poised enough to want to change sex offender laws hot on the heels of the murder of her 8 year old. This is a vulnerable person who lives on the fringes of society with her family. She is now in the spotlight and she has to be buried in guilt and grief. Leave the woman alone-the media should have enough humanity to see that they are baiting someone who isnt equipped to deal with it.

JMO!!!

If she does not have much of a support system from family and close friends, then a sympathetic reporter might seem like the next best thing?

I wonder if the reporters ever feel horrible that they're exploiting a grieving family. Showing up on anybody's door every day would be a bit much, let alone a family in crisis.

I just wanted to say I went to Cherish's Gravesite today to place a pink ceramic angel with a heart shaped balloon tied to it. I am SO disappointed in Jacksonville as I feel this community should have thought more of this innocent baby then what her gravesite shows..IMO

I simply got out of my car placed the item and left. There were a few people there stomping all over gravesites and allowing their small children to run all over gravesites as well as Cherish's (very disrespectful IMO) while they were being nosey IMO digging through what was there. They brought her nothing..

My heart was broken and I couldn't imagine walking on her gravesite or even digging through her things.

Then I get home and see yet ANOTHER poor me RP article...HELLO what about Poor Cherish?!?!?! I'm sorry it just makes me want to vomit hearing her excuses and knowing this baby has no more on her site then what was there while her mother hollers poor me...NO RP POOR CHERISH!!

Sounds like to me in her latest article she is being coached and someone is giving her all these ideas..Now the van was spotted in their neighborhood before all of this and she believes she was a target because her and 3 girls walked everywhere?!?!? I didn't read the whole article so forgive me if this is wrong..

I'm sorry to convenient if you ask me...I only pray DS is talking and that LE is watching these peoples every move..SAD how this baby loses her life and these people benefit from it..IMO..

Respectfully, mom has been punished more than any of you (I pray) will ever know.

In understand what you are saying. However, there is emotional, mental, psychological punishment...and legal punishment. In my opinion, she broke the law. She neglected and endangered her children. A child of her own, in her immediate card, was found dead. I would be very surprised (and angered) if she didn't get charged with something, or at least have her children taken from her care. I feel that psychological pain can not exempt someone, from suffering the legal consequences of their crimes. Neglect and endangerment are crimes. Just because, he committed a bigger crime, does not mean she should not be prosecuted. Obviously, just my opinion.

this is one of the saddest cases I have seen..i don't even know where to begin with it...but I think I can understand a little of RP's defensiveness right now. She knows the sentiment against her - believe me...but sometimes it is a natural instinct to try to backpedal or explain away what you know is undisputable bad judgement that you are guilty of...I don't think she got the creepy vibe from DS..do I think there was some avarice and greed factor to her..yup - not a doubt..he seemed sincere and that gift card lure was pretty powerful - the old police reports on DS make mention that he is a natural born charmer and I believe he totally had RP's number from the minute he laid eyes on her...is she enjoying the media attention - I am guessing no but I think she feels if she keeps affirming her grief and her status as a good mum that in desperation she thinks she may be believed. I am pretty positive she will lose her kids (and I think she is scared silly that this will happen) and most people will collectively get up and cheer but I am thinking those kids will lose the only mother they have ever known and it will take somebody with extraordinary skills to understand that...she has been painted as the lowest of the low villians when I believe she truly did love her kids...she is trapped in an awful lifestyle vortex and it is not quite as easy as some would think to break though that...no matter how much self medicating she does she will have to live with her guilt forever...I just can't get behind bashing her to kingdom come and back and hoping she gets a jail sentence to boot...allegations of her selling her daughter and using this tragedy for financial gain is IMO all kinds of wrong but hey! what do I know??and that is the point - this whole thing has taken on a terrible life of its own...we just don't know the whole story...the facebook page is pretty inflammatory and has an agenda (IMO)...I totally understand the rage that people have but I just can't bring myself to go there...this is such a terrible terrible tragedy and there is only one person who I truly direct my rage to...I know that this is not a popular stance to take and this will be my only comment on it. I try to imagine what it would be like to be in RP's shoes right now. Nothing will ever eradicate those stupid stupid choices...that poor baby girl.

I am sorry to bounce back so quickly, but given the temperature on the thread and using it as a gauge of the GP, I would say that she is panic struck and bereft and she needs someone to tell the cameras to go away, and she needs some grief counseling.

I would be probably very alarmed at the person who was poised enough to want to change sex offender laws hot on the heels of the murder of her 8 year old. This is a vulnerable person who lives on the fringes of society with her family. She is now in the spotlight and she has to be buried in guilt and grief. Leave the woman alone-the media should have enough humanity to see that they are baiting someone who isnt equipped to deal with it.

Ahh, Believe09, I understand what you are saying, my friend.
I apologize. Normally I have much, much more empathy for the parents who suffer these tragedies. Today is a rough one, my own daughter would have been 25 today. Probably not the best time to go on WS and look at these cases.
But having been a grieving mom myself, I just can't fathom this. It is too hard for me.
You are right though, we should concentrate our energies elsewhere.

In understand what you are saying. However, there is emotional, mental, psychological punishment...and legal punishment. In my opinion, she broke the law. She neglected and endangered her children. A child of her own, in her immediate card, was found dead. I would be very surprised (and angered) if she didn't get charged with something, or at least have her children taken from her care. I feel that psychological pain can not exempt someone, from suffering the legal consequences of their crimes. Neglect and endangerment are crimes. Just because, he committed a bigger crime, does not mean she should not be prosecuted. Obviously, just my opinion.

Bouncin' off blue.

And she obviously learned nothing from all of this: She is letting total strangers into her house. In fact, she is inviting them in when they didn't even ask to be invited in! (That's "who does that!" Some woman that drives by and asks if they know where Rayne Perrywinkle lives, and Rayne says that's me...wanna see the house?!) And so, two more babies are still at major risk.

People can talk about grief, self-blame, "bashing," "poor choices," ad nauseum. They can say we are being hateful to the mother. I have seen very few speculate on the mother and/or her actions. Who needs to? Her own actions, words, rewords, stories, restories, and behavior are plenty to show that she is not capable of keeping children safe. Period.

And when the courts and CPS pat her on the head and send her on the way because she "just makes poor choices" and we are back here again to mourn the loss of another little child...anyone who has not stood up and said, "This parental behavior is NOT acceptable" can add their names to the "blame" column along with all the other entities.

If we do not do something, it will keep happening. Yes, laws need to be changed Yes, perps need to be kept in prison. This perp is in jail and not an immediate threat. That judge needs her feet held to the fire. Laws need to be changed, and reasonably worded petitions launched. All that takes time. These babies may not have time. If WE do not stand up in their behalf and say, "Enough! Get those children to safety!" then who will? And how in the world is CPS supposed to step in and do its job if people are sticking their heads in the sand about this mother's behavior and saying, "How dare you pick on this poor mother?!" We can't have it both ways...either stand up for responsible parenting and encourage these entities to do what they need to do; or stand aside and quit fussing when the "poor choice" mentality leads to "poor choice making pervs" and "poor choice making parents" making more "poor choices" with more children suffering because no one will stand up for them.

The emperor is jay-bird nekkid folks. It's time we quit "poor momma-ing" in cases like this and start holding parents responsible for putting their children in harm's way.

It does not matter this woman's background, her mental health status, her physical health status, whether she has developmental disabilities or cognitive disabilities...I guar-on-tee you she's had plenty of opportunities to learn good parenting skills. And she has not done it. She is still a danger to her other children. Still. Even after losing her daughter in such a horrific way. And I for one am NOT going to stand by and let two more babies get added to the rolls of "if onlies." Nope. Can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500