GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
story 3 or 4 :

For Cherish, Rayne bought her caramel brown and sparkly silver hair clips. On Mother’s Day, Cherish had given Rayne a hair clip and Cherish wanted one so she could look like her mother.
For her youngest daughter, 4-year-old Nevaeh, she found a dress. She looked at it. She counted her money. She walked away. She walked back. She looked at it again. She counted her money again.
Rayne had a budget, and there are things she wanted and things she needed. She didn’t need the dress.
Somebody was watching Rayne. He was watching her count her money. He was watching her eyeing the dress for Nevaeh.
He was watching Cherish.
The older man, the one with gray-white hair and a mustache, asked if she was trying to save money.

For God's sake. This guy should never have been out walking the streets. Preying on innocent people. He should have been behind bars or dead. A repeat offender. Lifelong criminal with a sexual urge towards our young and innocent children. A plague on society. A waste of space. a resource USER. A non-rehabilited pervert.

How many more kids have to have their innocence and/or life taKEN BY THE DEPRAVED. wth???????????

lawmakers.....take heed. Please change something to stop this. Tatoo the *advertiser censored*'s forehead. Anything. sheesh
:banghead:

Things that should have been done differently.......

1. Keep the sickos in prison

2. Don't drag yer kids out shopping late at night.

3. Nothing is free. Don't accepts gifts from strangers.

4. Some dude is noticing yer young daughter...a lot...run for the hills.

..................etc etc

Bouncin' off blue.

And she obviously learned nothing from all of this: She is letting total strangers into her house. In fact, she is inviting them in when they didn't even ask to be invited in! (That's "who does that!" Some woman that drives by and asks if they know where Rayne Perrywinkle lives, and Rayne says that's me...wanna see the house?!) And so, two more babies are stillat major risk.

People can talk about grief, self-blame, "bashing," "poor choices," ad nauseum. They can say we are being hateful to the mother. I have seen very few speculate on the mother and/or her actions. Who needs to? Her own actions, words, rewords, stories, restories, and behavior are plenty to show that she is not capable of keeping children safe. Period.

And when the courts and CPS pat her on the head and send her on the way because she "just makes poor choices" and we are back here again to mourn the loss of another little child...anyone who has not stood up and said, "This parental behavior is NOT acceptable" can add their names to the "blame" column along with all the other entities.

If we do not do something, it will keep happening. Yes, laws need to be changed Yes, perps need to be kept in prison. This perp is in jail and not an immediate threat. That judge needs her feet held to the fire. Laws need to be changed, and reasonably worded petitions launched. All that takes time. These babies may not have time. If WE do not stand up in their behalf and say, "Enough! Get those children to safety!" then who will? And how in the world is CPS supposed to step in and do its job if people are sticking their heads in the sand about this mother's behavior and saying, "How dare you pick on this poor mother?!" We can't have it both ways...either stand up for responsible parenting and encourage these entities to do what they need to do; or stand aside and quit fussing when the "poor choice" mentality leads to "poor choice making pervs" and "poor choice making parents" making more "poor choices" with more children suffering because no one will stand up for them.

The emperor is jay-bird nekkid folks. It's time we quit "poor momma-ing" in cases like this and start holding parents responsible for putting their children in harm's way.

It does not matter this woman's background, her mental health status, her physical health status, whether she has developmental disabilities or cognitive disabilities...I guar-on-tee you she's had plenty of opportunities to learn good parenting skills. And she has not done it. She is still a danger to her other children. Still. Even after losing her daughter in such a horrific way. And I for one am NOT going to stand by and let two more babies get added to the rolls of "if onlies." Nope. Can't.

Amen! :applause:

The only thing I could possibly add to this otherwise perfect post is....

I get that separation from a parent (through lost custody) is traumatic to children.

But sexual assault and death is more so. Times a million.

http://www.wokv.com/gallery/news/local/cherish-perrywinkle/gCBZm/#3573914

cherish_at_school_1.jpg

Amen! :applause:

The only thing I could possibly add to this otherwise perfect post is....

I get that separation from a parent (through lost custody) is traumatic to children.

But sexual assault and death is more so. Times a million.

And there it is. Pure and simple.

In understand what you are saying. However, there is emotional, mental, psychological punishment...and legal punishment. In my opinion, she broke the law. She neglected and endangered her children. A child of her own, in her immediate card, was found dead. I would be very surprised (and angered) if she didn't get charged with something, or at least have her children taken from her care. I feel that psychological pain can not exempt someone, from suffering the legal consequences of their crimes. Neglect and endangerment are crimes. Just because, he committed a bigger crime, does not mean she should not be prosecuted. Obviously, just my opinion.

Exactly. If you drunk-drive to the middle school to pick up your child and run over and kill your own child in the process.....is the law going to give you a free pass on the DUI and manslaughter because 'you're hurting enough?'.

But if a stranger does it, he's NOT hurting enough, throw the book at him?

The more I read, the sorrier I feel for her, I think.

The more I read, the sorrier I feel for Cherish. She didn't have a chance that night, she might as well have walked to Dollar General alone.

And I'm downright terrified for her baby sisters.

I find all the media interviews strange too. At first RP was asking for her face to be not shown, but now she is happy to talk to anyone.

I can't help but wonder why she wanted her face hidden. I mean, obviously she didn't want to be identified, but who didn't she want to be seen by?

Is RP her legal name? Has it been changed officially to that? I have seen other names given for her on FB.

Also no mention of her family. Either in the USA or here in Australia. Maybe she is trying to avoid being recognized by them, although I can't understand why someone wouldn't want family support at this time.

:moo::moo:

Exactly. If you drunk-drive to the middle school to pick up your child and run over and kill your own child in the process.....is the law going to give you a free pass on the DUI and manslaughter because 'you're hurting enough?'.

Bingo.

The more I read, the sorrier I feel for Cherish. She didn't have a chance that night, she might as well have walked to Dollar General alone.

And I'm downright terrified for her baby sisters.

Oh, absolutely. But one article mentioned that she was mentally ill? I am really beginning to believe that's the big issue here instead of drugs. In which case, yeah, the kids need to be removed, but it's not like she was out to harm Cherish?

I don't know if that makes sense. She's just all over the place in these interviews.

I did not see where anybody said that all women who work or have worked in the sex industry are similar.

She does seem to give more info each day as she hears and reads the accusations against her. She wants to change sex offender laws? Diena Thompson knows how she feels? Has a band shown up to help her with her crusade? She's letting other strangers into her home already, so why not a band. I am HORRIFIED she has shopped at Walmart again already.

The reality is that you are unlikely to be charged for the reasons I am offering sympathy to Cherish's mother now. Think of all those parents who leave their children in hot cars-maybe a handful are actually charged with something. Women who are drunk and roll over on their infants....women who ARENT drunk and roll over on their infants. They dont get charged either, or rarely.

That's the reality. What kind of punishment will you get from prison that will supercede the one you have to live with for the rest of your life?

this is one of the saddest cases I have seen..i don't even know where to begin with it...but I think I can understand a little of RP's defensiveness right now. She knows the sentiment against her - believe me...but sometimes it is a natural instinct to try to backpedal or explain away what you know is undisputable bad judgement that you are guilty of...I don't think she got the creepy vibe from DS..do I think there was some avarice and greed factor to her..yup - not a doubt..he seemed sincere and that gift card lure was pretty powerful - the old police reports on DS make mention that he is a natural born charmer and I believe he totally had RP's number from the minute he laid eyes on her...is she enjoying the media attention - I am guessing no but I think she feels if she keeps affirming her grief and her status as a good mum that in desperation she thinks she may be believed. I am pretty positive she will lose her kids (and I think she is scared silly that this will happen) and most people will collectively get up and cheer but I am thinking those kids will lose the only mother they have ever known and it will take somebody with extraordinary skills to understand that...she has been painted as the lowest of the low villians when I believe she truly did love her kids...she is trapped in an awful lifestyle vortex and it is not quite as easy as some would think to break though that...no matter how much self medicating she does she will have to live with her guilt forever...I just can't get behind bashing her to kingdom come and back and hoping she gets a jail sentence to boot...allegations of her selling her daughter and using this tragedy for financial gain is IMO all kinds of wrong but hey! what do I know??and that is the point - this whole thing has taken on a terrible life of its own...we just don't know the whole story...the facebook page is pretty inflammatory and has an agenda (IMO)...I totally understand the rage that people have but I just can't bring myself to go there...this is such a terrible terrible tragedy and there is only one person who I truly direct my rage to...I know that this is not a popular stance to take and this will be my only comment on it. I try to imagine what it would be like to be in RP's shoes right now. Nothing will ever eradicate those stupid stupid choices...that poor baby girl.
This is truly a beautiful post! When news, and the anger associated with this poor child's death subsides a bit...(for some, granted)...your words speak enlightening wisdom. Thank you!

Ok ...back to our predator. Does anyone know the exact dates he was recently incarcerated? Was he in Duval or another state facility. Do inmates have Internet access?
I stumbled upon a truly chilling Amazon wish list with matching name and state, birthday listed as September 5 one day off. Last purchase was leg strap knife made a week before murder. I don't want to jump to conclusions.

Parents are charged all the time for accidents, negligence, etc. even parents with the best intentions who got careless one time and it ended in tragedy. I do not understand why this little girl being put into a situation to be murdered is any different.

What kind of punishment will you get from prison that will supercede the one you have to live with for the rest of your life?

It's not about being punished worse one way or the other. I'm sick and tired of people breaking the law, and not being charged with a crime. I don't want RP to be charged with a crime, for her to suffer punishment. I want her charged with a crime, because she committed a crime. I'm sick and tired of parents neglecting and endangering children, and getting away with it, because they have to feel the pain of their child being hurt. For goodness sakes, it's not about pain. It's about the dang law. You break the law, you suffer the legal consequences. Period. Your kid cooks to death from the inside, because you forget them in a car? That's a crime, and should be punished. You run over your kid, because you are drunk? That's a crime, and should be punished. Your daughter leaves Walmart with a sex offender, because you aren't paying attention, or you let her. That's crime, and should be punished.

Cherish is dead. Rayne being punished won't bring her back, and it won't change what happened. She has to live with that. What that shouldn't mean, is that she gets away with a crime. No one is above the law. Not even grieving parents. We are all talking about how angry we are that sex offenders don't get punished enough. I am also angry that parents endanger their kids, and time and time again nothing happens...except their kids are injured, die from neglect, or killed.

Ok ...back to our predator. Does anyone know the exact dates he was recently incarcerated? Was he in Duval or another state facility. Do inmates have Internet access?
I stumbled upon a truly chilling Amazon wish list with matching name and state, birthday listed as September 5 one day off. Last purchase was leg strap knife made a week before murder. I don't want to jump to conclusions.

It wouldn't shock me-- he gave RP his real name-- so he wouldn't be smart enough to know to conceal that kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500