GUILTY FL - Jennifer Gonzalez, 36, found strangled, Oldsmar, 24 May 2005

Buzzm1 said:
The Atlanta Fire Dept. could have had him down on the first day, if they wouldn't have given him food and water to begin with. This went on for about 50 hours longer than it should have. Maybe they will learn from this.

They are learning from these

"In June, 2001, a man fell to his death from a 200-foot-high crane at a construction site on Piedmont Road after a 20-hour standoff with police."
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/atlanta/0505/26crane.html

Buzzm1 said:
The Atlanta Fire Dept. could have had him down on the first day, if they wouldn't have given him food and water to begin with. This went on for about 50 hours longer than it should have. Maybe they will learn from this.

Sir, I believe you incorrect in this assumption. They offered him food and water and he declined. Had he accepted, then he would have been zapped the first day. The first opportunity came at 12:31 a.m. today.

concernedperson said:
Sir, I believe you incorrect in this assumption. They offered him food and water and he declined. Had he accepted, then he would have been zapped the first day. The first opportunity came at 12:31 a.m. today.
"With temperatures about 60 degrees F at 10 a.m. Thursday, Roland approached authorities stationed on a platform at the end of the crane and accepted a jacket before moving back a few feet and sitting. Shortly afterward, he moved again -- farther out on the crane.

Authorities have been giving the man food and water, an Atlanta Fire Department official. To keep him from falling asleep, officials have blared a bullhorn occasionally."

Buzzm1 said:
"With temperatures about 60 degrees F at 10 a.m. Thursday, Roland approached authorities stationed on a platform at the end of the crane and accepted a jacket before moving back a few feet and sitting. Shortly afterward, he moved again -- farther out on the crane.

Authorities have been giving the man food and water, an Atlanta Fire Department official. To keep him from falling asleep, officials have blared a bullhorn occasionally."

Sir, please provide a link for that statement as I read the ajc daily and that was never up for discussion. It was always that they offered food and water and Mr. Roland declined.

Buzzm1 said:
cp, go back and read post#12 of this thread.

Sir, I have read it and it said that he was offered food and water and he declined.

I don't mean to be argumentative but I feel that either you have a problem with me or the Atlanta area. I will freely admit that we have a bunch of nuts that have encroached lately...Jennifer Wilbanks (our own home grown)..Carl Rowland (murderer on the run)....Nichols (violent sex offender turned murderer) that have destroyed so many.I am always for the victims...always!

This is a big city. Where mistakes are made but mostly LE gets their perp.The North Georgia US Marshall's service is one of the best in the country. In this case,I don't think your facts are based with the reality of this case.

Buzzm1 said:
cp, go back and read post#12 of this thread.

FROM POST #12
At about 10 a.m. Thursday, Roland approached authorities stationed on a platform at the end of the crane and accepted a jacket before moving back a few feet and sitting. Shortly afterward, he moved again -- farther out on the crane.

"I think probably now, he appears to be very tired," Pennington said. "He appears to be hungry, and I'm sure at some point he's going to need some water as well. ... That sun is working on him."

:doh: Authorities have offered Roland food and water, but he has declined, he said. :eek:

The suspect was dozing off periodically, Pennington said, and officials have been using their sirens to keep him awake.

CNN's Sara Dorsey contributed to this report}

Buzz this is what it says on the link on POST#12. Note paragraphTHREE . I alaso heard on Fox news the same thing. HE REFUSED FOOD & WATER!

concernedperson said:
Sir, I have read it and it said that he was offered food and water and he declined.

I don't mean to be argumentative but I feel that either you have a problem with me or the Atlanta area. I will freely admit that we have a bunch of nuts that have encroached lately...Jennifer Wilbanks (our own home grown)..Carl Rowland (murderer on the run)....Nichols (violent sex offender turned murderer) that have destroyed so many.I am always for the victims...always!

This is a big city. Where mistakes are made but mostly LE gets their perp.The North Georgia US Marshall's service is one of the best in the country. In this case,I don't think your facts are based with the reality of this case.
cp, you are completely incorrect. I have no feelings about the Atlanta area, one way, or the other. I merely copied what was posted in post #12 of this thread, so if you have an issue with what I posted, take it up with whomever submitted post #12, and be done with it.

05-26-2005, 11:50 AM
sharon25
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by concernedperson
I'm staying away from Buckhead today...will change my plans until tomorrow. Between that moron and the water main break it is too much.

He will be getting pretty dehydrated pretty soon...no water etc.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/26/crane.man/index.html

Since the above was posted on 05-26, and the linked referenced article now has a date of 05-27, it can safely be assumed that the article has, in the meantime, been updated.

Schmerty_Jones said:
FROM POST #12
At about 10 a.m. Thursday, Roland approached authorities stationed on a platform at the end of the crane and accepted a jacket before moving back a few feet and sitting. Shortly afterward, he moved again -- farther out on the crane.

"I think probably now, he appears to be very tired," Pennington said. "He appears to be hungry, and I'm sure at some point he's going to need some water as well. ... That sun is working on him."

:doh: Authorities have offered Roland food and water, but he has declined, he said. :eek:

The suspect was dozing off periodically, Pennington said, and officials have been using their sirens to keep him awake.

Buzz this is what it says on the link on POST#12. Note paragraphTHREE . I alaso heard on Fox news the same thing. HE REFUSED FOOD & WATER!

Thanks for your info. This is the exact info we have been getting for days! Can't interpret it any other way.

Schmerty_Jones said:
FROM POST #12

No, this is post #12:

sharon25

Quote:
I'm staying away from Buckhead today...will change my plans until tomorrow. Between that moron and the water main break it is too much.

ok, I'm sorry, but that is just dumb.

why give him a jacket AND food AND water.
he climbed up there, he can climb down for those things.

Buzzm1 said:
No, this is post #12:

sharon25

Quote:

ok, I'm sorry, but that is just dumb.

why give him a jacket AND food AND water.
he climbed up there, he can climb down for those things.

It plainly says that he was offered food and water and he declined.

Purpose of offering him food and water: If he gets too miserable up there he will jump. It gives LE the openings for negotiation with him. Reaching for the jacket, etc. allows openings where maybe LE has a chance to make physical contact with him. Care has to taken in using the tazer as if applied at the wrong time, it could cause him to topple to the ground.

concernedperson said:
It plainly says that he was offered food and water and he declined.
Right in Post #12

Authorities have been giving the man food and water,

The linked article, as I mentioned in an earlier post, has obviously been updated since post #12 was submitted.

Why dont you BOTH just agree that you were BOTH right?

The original story said they were giving him food and water.

The updated story said they offered him food and water and he refused to take it.

Timex said:
Why dont you BOTH just agree that you were BOTH right?

The original story said they were giving him food and water.

The updated story said they offered him food and water and he refused to take it.

He always declined according to every news source that I have ever read. No one has showed another news source that said differently. It is a view only held by a myopic opinion. I am not egotistical as far as being right but I do value my integrity when it comes up....nothing else about his offered food and received is acknowledged. By no credible news source.

On the 26th it was reported authorities were giving him food and water.

the above info was copied from the CNN link on the 25th.

On the 27th, the article was updated to say authorities were offering him food and water, but he was refusing them.

As often happens, reports change.

Timex said:
On the 26th it was reported authorities were giving him food and water.

the above info was copied from the CNN link on the 25th.

You have still failed to provide a news link. I can quote from the Bible but that doesn't make it true. The blaring of the horn has been reported repeatedly...the temp has been reported repeatedly the OFFER of food and water has been reported repeatedlt but the offer being DECLINED is repeated just as often. PLEASE provide a news link stating what you have quoted as that is not what is being reported i n the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Nor in CNN that I have found. I will be glad to give a mea culpa as soon as I need to.

On the 27th, the article was updated to say authorities were offering him food and water, but he was refusing them.

You arent going to find the article any longer.

Note the date in the above URL...it says the 26th.

Now, note the date of the article...

Murder suspect perched atop crane
Negotiators just feet away 18 stories up
Friday, May 27, 2005 Posted: 3:27 AM EDT (0727 GMT)

It says the 27th...why? because they updated the article and didnt change the date in the URL. CNN does this with most small time articles. There really is no need to keep all copies avaliable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back