GUILTY FL - Jennifer Gonzalez, 36, found strangled, Oldsmar, 24 May 2005

Timex said:
You arent going to find the article any longer.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/26/crane.man/index.html

Note the date in the above URL...it says the 26th.

Now, note the date of the article...

Murder suspect perched atop crane
Negotiators just feet away 18 stories up
Friday, May 27, 2005 Posted: 3:27 AM EDT (0727 GMT)

It says the 27th...why? because they updated the article and didnt change the date in the URL. CNN does this with most small time articles. There really is no need to keep all copies avaliable.

But the whole point is he never accepted any food or water until 12:31 today. And then he was tasered, never has it been reported that he was being fed or watered.......HE wasn't! Is this the twilight zone? What is wrong with reading comprehension here?

Details are to be skewed to fit an opinion whether it is wrong or not!

hmmm I think I read well enough. When I read the statement saying he was being given food and water, I assumed it meant what it said. But hey, Im sure Im not the brightest crayon in the box.

Does it really matter? He is down, he is in custody. Trial soon.

From an AOL article:

Roland, of Clearwater, Fla., left the hospital Sunday and faces new charges of criminal trespassing, reckless conduct and first-degree criminal damage to property, said Fulton County sheriff's Sgt. Nikita Adams-Hightower.

Considering that he is facing a first degree murder charge in Florida, for killing his girlfriend, I wouldn't think the additional charges, stemming from the crane incident, would be anything for Roland to worry about.

Timex said:
You arent going to find the article any longer.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/26/crane.man/index.html

Note the date in the above URL...it says the 26th.

Now, note the date of the article...

Murder suspect perched atop crane
Negotiators just feet away 18 stories up
Friday, May 27, 2005 Posted: 3:27 AM EDT (0727 GMT)

It says the 27th...why? because they updated the article and didnt change the date in the URL. CNN does this with most small time articles. There really is no need to keep all copies avaliable.
I said the very same thing back a ways. Seems there is a problem in understanding the CNN article was updated, from what was in Post #12 on 05-26-05., to what was in the CNN updated article on 05-27-05. If they don't agree with that, then they are saying the poster, of Post #12, fabricated the statement made in her post.

Buzzm1 said:
I said the very same thing back a ways. Seems there is a problem in understanding the CNN article was updated, from what was in Post #12 on 05-26-05., to what was in the CNN updated article on 05-27-05. If they don't agree with that, then they are saying the poster, of Post #12, fabricated the statement made in her post.
Here is a quote from the local news here.......

www.wsbradio.com

Negotiator Describes Talks With Roland (WSB Radio) Atlanta Police Detective Vincent Velazquez says despite what some may think, the handling of the 56-hour stand-off with a murder suspect couldn't have been handled any better.

"I think it was textbook, to be quite honest with you," said Velazquez in an interview Monday.

WSB's Jennifer Griffies reports Velazquez was one of 13 Atlanta Police negotiators who all took turns trying to convince 41-year-old Carl Roland to come peacefully off a 350-foot-high construction crane on Peachtree Road in Buckhead last week. But it was Velazquez to whom Roland eventually seemed to warm up-almost literally.

"I'm the one that gave him the coat. I'm sure that played a part in it," says Velazquez. "He told me he appreciated that, and I think that probably played a role in him trusting me."

Velazquez emphasizes that it was a team effort, however, which led to Roland's capture. After nearly three days on the crane without food or water, Velazquez says, Roland's resolve was weakened, and police used a stun gun on him as he reached out for a cup of water.

Roland was hesitant to cross a spool of tension cable which separated him from negotiators on the platform at the crane's junction, but Velazquez says that was the only position from which police felt they could've taken him in safely-especially if he balked at the last moment. Finally, "he trusted us that he was going to be okay," Velazquez says, and crawled across the spool, stretching his arm out for the water. "To put it bluntly, he was worn down," says Velazquez. "Although he told me he could go another day, he felt he could go another day, I don't think he could've. I think inside he knew he had nothing left." Roland drank a bottle and a half of water after police had him safely handcuffed.

hummmm...I wonder if he showed his GF as much compassion when he beat her to death...ya know, offer her a jacket and a cup of water?

Buzzm1 said:
I can assure you that I did not fabricate anything.
I posted exactly what appeared, the original
statement was that they were giving him food and water.

It didn't state that he had declined.
That apparently came out afterwards.

sharon25 said:
I can assure you that I did not fabricate anything.
I posted exactly what appeared, the original
statement was that they were giving him food and water.

It didn't state that he had declined.
That apparently came out afterwards.
Yes, I know that, and fully understand. My post was for the benefit of others, who seem to think we were both making things up.

Buzzm1 said:
Yes, I know that, and fully understand. My post was for the benefit of others, who seem to think we were both making things up.

;)

I think we both have better things to do with our time!
Whatever happened to Don't Shoot the Messenger???!!! ;)

:innocent:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back