FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wesh 2 News
February 17, 2006

Police Return Jennifer Kesse's Car To Parents

"Kesse's dad just turned the car back over to the leasing company after it was returned to him by police. He said he wanted to get rid of the car because it was too painful for his family to keep."

Link:
http://www.wesh.com/news/7155792/detail.html

I (for some reason, not sure why?) have always felt the POI was someone that knew her, either thru work or something.. I havent read all the posts though so sorry if already discussed. I have never truly understood why the LE focus on the video, may have missed that too.. :( This whole story makes no sense, I thought she went missing the night she returned from her trip, but appears she went to work Monday and missing the next day. She does not strike me as someone who would willing go in the car (in daylight!) My impression is she would have been a fighter, dont know of course but would seem that way. (Guess I need to read more on here, sorry!)

Wesh 2 News
February 17, 2006

Police Return Jennifer Kesse's Car To Parents

"Kesse's dad just turned the car back over to the leasing company after it was returned to him by police. He said he wanted to get rid of the car because it was too painful for his family to keep."

Link:
http://www.wesh.com/news/7155792/detail.html

Sure, it is very likely the car was returned.

On the other hand, Drew Kesse also said for over a year that he didn't know if JK was in the car when it was parked, or if the POI was in the car. Drew would only say the POI was in the parking lot when the car was parked.

left

Whilst I think of you can check out FedEx drop boxes at this link.
http://www.fedex.com/Dropoff/start?locale=en_US

I remember discussing these over a year ago and I certainly remember talking about the one around the corner at Devry and the one at the mall.

People can try typing in Conroy or use the other search button and enter her zip code.
The sites will come up in the search results.

If someone called you right now and asked you to overnight them something, what would you drop in?

If you keep overnight shipping packing envelopes around and have your own FedEx account to write on it to charge to, then that's the only way you could use the drop boxes you're talking about.

Or Jennifer.

rd

...Sure, the cellphone guy seems too obvious, but did LE print him, and get a DNA sample. Maybe the cellphone guy called someone local in Orlando and asked him to pick up his phone...

I just think the answer lies in one of two places. Either the weekend party, or the people who reside or live at Mosaic.
This is exactly what I thought when I first heard that her brother had a party at her place. There are probably photos of Jennifer at her condo. Lord knows who was at the party and could have seen the photos and then heard that she was single, living alone and returning on Monday.

I also thought about the cell phone and how that might be tied in. I assume that the police thoroughly questioned the cell phone guy. However, IMO, he could have made the drive himself to get the phone. Who knows if he left the phone there intentionally.

Because the police are saying nothing, it's hard to know what they have done and who they may have ruled out or in.

I agree with you that this party and her disappearance as soon as she returns home is awfully coincidental...

BB--I agree about the white tee shirt rarely seen anymore.

Didn't LE say the colors were off too?? Hard to tell, I know since there are no photos showing the dark LE uniforms looking white, as they claimed.
Yes, they did say dark colors appear to be light...but Catlynnet went to the site and verified the sign and the car we see are definitely white...which would seem to verify the t-shirt is white.

This camera is a night vision camera and it will distort dark color, but white usually does come out very white on them.

White Ts...again...are standard dress for the restaurant biz.

I (for some reason, not sure why?) have always felt the POI was someone that knew her, either thru work or something.. I havent read all the posts though so sorry if already discussed. I have never truly understood why the LE focus on the video, may have missed that too.. :( This whole story makes no sense, I thought she went missing the night she returned from her trip, but appears she went to work Monday and missing the next day. She does not strike me as someone who would willing go in the car (in daylight!) My impression is she would have been a fighter, dont know of course but would seem that way. (Guess I need to read more on here, sorry!)

You are right, this whole thing makes no sense! I agree Jennifer would be a fighter, but in certain circumstances...you don't have a chance before they gain control. Most here feel it is someone who knew her or at least had spoken to her at some point. Perhaps a stalker type even. Who knows?! All we do know is that she is still missing and LE doesn't have one solid lead.

Don't be sorry...but you should go back and read more...this is quite an interesting thread! All four of them to date!

Further Evidence of My Ongoing Argument About the POI Height Possibly Being Incorrect

My argument does not conclude for 100% certainty that the POI height is incorrect. I am simply suggesting, that in my mind, and my extensive research in this matter, I have found evidence which I believe suggests the POI could be much taller than anticipated by LE. The following is my argument, take it as a theory, and not fact. Only a re-meaurement, or re-enactment will determine if I am correct, or if Le is correct. I certainly hope I am not correct.

Drumstick and other's brought up a good point when they suggested that they couldn't believe the FBI and OPD could make a mistake regarding the estimate of the height of the POI.

Drumstick has a good point. IF OPD made their estimate independently and came to 5"4, and without telling the FBI, the FBi went out and made the measurement, and both came up with 5"4, I agree it is very unlikely.

However, I am going to make the following argument.

Bear with me, it is going to be long.

This is a complicated measurement for numerous reasons. They include:
The POI is walking, versus standing
The POI is walking behind a 6"10 fence, which gives the illusion that the
Poi is a shrimp.
The plane that the POI is walking is about 9-12 inches lower in height than the plane of the gate. Hence, it tends to
make the POI seem even shorter.

So, without even going to the scene, I believe LE had already determined that the POI was a short person. I must admit
the first time I saw the video, I concluded the same thing.

Now, once LE went to make the measurement, another obstacle stood in their way.
That is, the exact path the POI was walking. IF the POI was walking close to the curb, he would appear shorter, and vice-versa.
However, when it comes to measuring, it is CRITICAL, that LE know the "exact spot" the POI was walking. If the path of the POI is off even one foot, it will have a dramatic affect on the measurement of the POI's height.

So, if LE has either made a mistake in the "exact" path of the POI (distance from the curb), or its' method used to estimate the height, it will greatly affect the estimate.

Another obstacle faced by LE is that the POI is walking, not standing. When we walk, we reduce our height from 2-4 inches depending upon our gait. Why? Because our legs are no longer straight, but are bent and extended.

A further complication is the severe angle of the camera, and the distance of the camera from the POI.

The camera is at about 25-30 feet in distance from the POI, and about 15 feet in the air. Obviously, a very steep angle.

If the camera was at the height of about 6 feet, we would be able to judge the height much easier, but, it would not give the owner's of HOTG a panoramic view of the POOl gate that they desire for security and legal issues.

So, to cut to the chase, it would be rather easy for a mistake to be made.

First, it is possible the fBI simply reviewed the measurement, and thought it was done accordingly.

Another possibility is that the "path" of the POI is not accurate. Even if the FBi made an independent test of the height, but used the "path" of the POI as established by OPD, and it was in error, the FBi measurement will not be accurate.

As you know, I have been arguing this case for well over one year now. Many people questioned my theory, until lately, when RD, Cat, her husband, SS, and other's began to reach that conclusion on their own or with encouragement.

Summary:

If you view the http://www.wftv.com/video/6885628/detail.html, where it shows LE measuring the height, take note of the palm tree all the way to the left of the frame at "frame .31". Notice how much higher the palm tree is to both the female officer and the male officer. Now, http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_local_orlandocrime/2007/05/the_new_video_i.html, compare the video of the POI third shot, where he is next to the palm tree "frame .29", and you will notice the POI is close to even with the "top ring" just below the branches of the palm tree.

Now, if one compares this picture, above, with the video of the OPD officers estimating the height, it is fairly obvious that the POI is "much" taller than the woman police officer, and most likely very close to the height of the male officer.

Since we don't know the height of the two officers in the video, we have to 'guess" approximate heights. My estimate is that the female officer is about 5"3, and the male officer appears taller than 5"10, probably 6".

Based on this new argument, and my lengthy argument I made in the previous thread 3 or 4 months ago, I still conclude that the POI height is much too low. Without having models walk past the camera, or having a surveyor, or a picture of a person who is a "set" height, it is very difficult to estimate the height of the POI.

However, I beleive the POI is between 4-8 inches taller than the LE estimate of 5"4.

I feel much more secure in my estimate now, since, we have a photo of the palm tree to use as a landmark, and since other's on the thread are starting to agree with my estimate, primarily based on their own judgement and work.

Given this, the 1,000,000 question is the following:

Has OPD investigated every lead related to the disappearance of JK, regardless of height, or is OPD just focusing on men or women who fit into the 5"4 category? IF so, it is possible that the reason this case is cold is simple, the real POI was passed over simply because he is too tall.

leftcoast.

ps For further argument regarding this estimate, look at the photo's of Jk's car. You will notice that the driver's seat is pushed rather far back. Some will argue the POI moved the seat to throw off police. However, the POI had a lot on his mind after parking that car, one would think that wiping down prints, avoiding being noticed leaving the car, and not leaving any clues behind was much more important than moving the seat. pLUs, if the POI was so bright, why did he park in an area on CCTV, yet, he was bright enough to move the seat?

You guys, this is excellent work! I think you should submit all the photos to OPD - maybe a local newpaper even, as that would perhaps put pressure on LE to do more work on the case!!!

I can't believe there is no email address for tips on Jennifer's site - there is a phone number for the family though - maybe someone could call and get an email address to send the photos / questions to?

You are preaching to the choir here, Left. I have no doubt they are wrong about the height, particularly after seeing the video the tv station cleaned up.

They botched it and they need to rescind their initial description to the public on height. Someone should really take on LE over this! I wish a tv station/national news crew *coughgreta* would conduct their own experiments. Maybe LE would get it finally!

You are preaching to the choir here, Left. I have no doubt they are wrong about the height, particularly after seeing the video the tv station cleaned up.

They botched it and they need to rescind their initial description to the public on height. Someone should really take on LE over this! I wish a tv station/national news crew *coughgreta* would conduct their own experiments. Maybe LE would get it finally!

SS

Glad to hear that other's reached the same opinion on their own.

You know, I really don't care if we are right about the height. All I care about is LE taking another look at that measurement. IF we are wrong, I will take my lumps, admit my mistake, and move on. At least I will know that the measurement is accurate. That is the most important thing. That, and of course, finding JK.

You know a smart man once told me something about cold cases. HE said, well, if it is unsolved, "then somewhere, somehow, something was done incorrectly". He's right. Whenever a case is cold, 90% of the time it is because of error, lack of resources, tunnel vision, or all of the above.

Rarely, is it because some crazed guy from another state, that nobody recognizes on national tv, pulls off the perfect crime. We already know it isn't a perfect crime, we have video, possibly prints, and possibly DNA.

The clues are there, OPD just needs to put them together.

left

I couldn't agree more! I stated earlier I felt LE needs to start completely over on this case. Go back to the beginning and do it all again...to find their mistakes and then they will find the corrected path will take them where they need to be...finding Jennifer.

What they need is cold case detectives and good ones.

Leftcoast has suggested this before.

Where would the best cold case guys be in Florida?
This case needs a whole new approach.

What they need is cold case detectives and good ones.

Leftcoast has suggested this before.

Where would the best cold case guys be in Florida?
This case needs a whole new approach.

All they have to do is give this board the information, and the case will be solved in 2 months, tops.

mystery, uk, drumstick, cat, rd, ss, bb, enrique, left, etc ( if I forgot your name, sorry) just put us in a room, give us the evidence, and bingo, the case will be solved.

All kidding aside, this is not that hard of a case to solve.

Cases that are hard to solve include when a woman or man vanishes, no credit card activity, no video, no car, no prints, no timeline,etc. For example, the Nonnie Dotson case in Colorado seems very difficult to solve, or Eric Schaffer from Ohio.

At least here, we have a timeline, an exact time the car was dumped, a picture, evidence from the car,

this case will be solved. I just don't like the odds of a "elizabeth smart" outcome.

left

Mystery"

Just a thought

It seems whenever someone goes missing nowadays, the first thing LE does is look at the computer.

Anybody know if JK had "online" at home, or was involved in the computer at all.

maybe in the past? a lot of people use the computer for dating, doesn't sound like JK's style, but, I thought I would throw it out there

left

I don't remember seeing a PC in the photos at Gretas.
Also I don't recall reading where LE had taken any hard drives.

She may have had a lap top but I haven't read anything about that either.

I wonder if she used a PC a lot at work and was one of those people who didn't want to know about them outside of the workplace.

I'm sorry but I just don't know.
All I have read about is cell phones and landlines. Nothing about E-mails or computers.

As you already know, my husband and I are in total agreement with leftcoast's analysis concerning the estimated height of the suspect by Law Enforcement as being too short because my husband and I were there. My husband, being a professional photographer, does have knowledge of perspective.

I paused the more recently released video of the suspect just as he exits Jennifer's car after parking it. When you take into account the actual height of a 2004 Chevy Malibu and how tall the suspect appears in comparison to the car I came to the same conclusion about the estimated height of the suspect being off by several inches.

The overall height of a 2004 Chevy Malibu is 57 1/2 inches tall. To my eyes the very top of the car appears to be shoulder height for the suspect. Add together 10" to 13" to account for the measurement from shoulder to the top of head of the suspect with the height of the car for a total height of the suspect. Added together gives an estimated height of the suspect anywhere from 5 feet 7 1/2 inches tall to 5 feet 10 1/2 inches tall, not including the cap/hat/helmet.

Were Jennifer's brother's friends from the party even questioned thoroughly or were their fingerprints even compared to the print lifted from Jennifer's car? Perhaps not if they were all taller than 5' 5".

Go to this link and click on Video: Surveillance Tape
http://www.wesh.com/news/13348776/detail.html

There aren't any pcs in the photos from Greta's staff, but by then LE would have either a laptop or the pc in their possession. I don't recall any mention of a computer or hard drives from any source either.

I think that is really strange for a 24yo. Maybe she just used the internet at work, but not the norm for her age group.

Surely, Orlando has a cold case squad in place.

I think they really should let us pour over the case files to date, conduct our own interviews and redo their calculations. You are right...with our team of dedicated sleuths...we could solve this case in no time.

I can't find the link now, but the pics of the car's interior showed a circle on the front driver's side windshield with a P in it. Would this indicate a palm print?

As you already know, my husband and I are in total agreement with leftcoast's analysis concerning the estimated height of the suspect by Law Enforcement as being too short because my husband and I were there. My husband, being a professional photographer, does have knowledge of perspective.

I paused the more recently released video of the suspect just as he exits Jennifer's car after parking it. When you take into account the actual height of a 2004 Chevy Malibu and how tall the suspect appears in comparison to the car I came to the same conclusion about the estimated height of the suspect being off by several inches.

The overall height of a 2004 Chevy Malibu is 57 1/2 inches tall. To my eyes the very top of the car appears to be shoulder height for the suspect. Add together 10" to 13" to account for the measurement from shoulder to the top of head of the suspect with the height of the car for a total height of the suspect. Added together gives an estimated height of the suspect anywhere from 5 feet 7 1/2 inches tall to 5 feet 10 1/2 inches tall, not including the cap/hat/helmet.

Were Jennifer's brother's friends from the party even questioned thoroughly or were their fingerprints even compared to the print lifted from Jennifer's car? Perhaps not if they were all taller than 5' 5".

Go to this link and click on Video: Surveillance Tape
http://www.wesh.com/news/13348776/detail.html

Great job, Cat! Another reason for them to rethink their calculations!!

One would have to assume the friends were put thru the mill by LE almost immediately. Next to the family, they were first in line as possible suspects. If they failed to print them, this would be a serious flaw in the case. If they failed to print her apartment, an even more serious flaw. No comparison to prints found in the car would be the third in a case oozing with mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther