FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of reflective something could it be? Now my curiosity is roused and I'm googling all sorts of hoodie-style jackets. Do you think they might be wearing multiple layers? Or just a lighter-weight hoodie-style shirt?

(What they're holding is the right size for a small handgun, as well.)

I think it might be something reflective on the jacket. Look at how the light is on other reflective surfaces as the person walks by.

And it looks like a cell phone or small flashlight in the person's hand. Right height for a cell phone.

Regarding the theory by the profiler,

my first feeling too is that this person is angry, and needs to prove power and control, in addition to gaining attention which gives he/she some sort of gratification.

I did not know this area was being gentrified, and that this person may be pissed off at the fact, maybe feeling he/she is being slowly shut off from his/her own neighborhood by "intruders".
I think this was a good point in the article. Jealousy, rage, I'll show them type of thing. Maybe.

Profiler indicates it probably is a younger male. I'm leaning that way too now.

Ugh, this person needs to be found asap.

Maybe wearing a longer (and lighter-weight) hoodie-style cardigan. Trendy now with men and women. Still not sold it's a female.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Even the cctv video of the suspect looks strange, imo.
LE say they do not know if the individual seen is black or white, male or female.
The POI certainly has a peculiar gait, imo. sort of wobbly as if/but not - wearing high heels- and almost seems to walk with one foot in front of the other, " model" style.
imo, speculation.

[video=youtube;hvlOtGLgL2U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvlOtGLgL2U[/video]

Attachments

• s-l1000.jpg
    s-l1000.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 452
  • 519imaHTQ5L._UX679_.jpg
    519imaHTQ5L._UX679_.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 458
OK, I created a GIF of six seconds of the cctv video that police released. What's glowing in their pocket? Looks like they're also holding something. Do they have two phones, one in the back pocket and one in their hand? Could they be holding a weapon? Or are they not holding anything? Hard to tell due to the poor video quality.

gif: (link: https://media.giphy.com/media/l1J9PGdQtWz110e4w/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/l1J9PGdQtWz110e4w/giphy.gif
https://giphy.com/gifs/l1J9PGdQtWz110e4w/html5

attachment.php

sources: https://youtu.be/hvlOtGLgL2U

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/is-there-a-serial-killer-in-tampa-1078179395828

Looks like they are holding a black or dark colored gun in their right hand and a cell phone in their back pocket on the CCTV clip.

I'll share some pictures later, have to run to do a few errands.

What type of reflective something could it be? Now my curiosity is roused and I'm googling all sorts of hoodie-style jackets. Do you think they might be wearing multiple layers? Or just a lighter-weight hoodie-style shirt?

(What they're holding is the right size for a small handgun, as well.)

A lot of running jackets have reflective tabs on them although it would be odd to have just one and in that spot. Maybe it's a label?

This seems eerily accurate, especially if the person in the cctv is really the shooter.

"The murderer seems to ambush victims, coming on them suddenly with a gun. Most serial killers are men, so this one probably is, too.
He may be traveling by foot or bicycle, moving quietly. The mode of transportation suggests a younger person, 21 to 35."

http://www.tbo.com/news/publicsafet...arrying-out-seminole-heights-killings/2341916

This has a very interesting theory on the suspect.

The murderer seems to ambush victims, coming on them suddenly with a gun. Most serial killers are men, so this one probably is, too.
He may be traveling by foot or bicycle, moving quietly. The mode of transportation suggests a younger person, 21 to 35.
The killer probably has a "deep and personal relationship with the area," Yaksic wrote. He consulted with Bryanna Fox, a former FBI agent and professor at the University of South Florida, to better understand Seminole Heights before sharing the profile. Because the diverse neighborhood is rapidly gentrifying, he thinks class tensions could fit into the motive.
"The disparity between the offender's perceived lower status may be driving his motivations to victimize those from other statuses," Yaksic wrote. Since at least two of the killings happened later in the day or at night, the "timing could indicate that the offender is employed during the daylight hours in some menial capacity based on his potential age range."
Though predicting race is difficult, Yaksic wrote that in such a diverse area, the killer is likely from a minority group. He doubts the murderer is mentally ill but probably enjoys outsmarting law enforcement officers.
In an interview, Yaksic said the Seminole Heights killer seems to match a pattern he has seen in recent years — younger, spree-like serial murderers who are more motivated by anger than sexual desire. It's possible the killings could even be gang activity or an initiation ritual.
"The newer version of the offender is the run-and-guns," Yaksic said. "They don't take any kind of gratification from spending time with the body."

Could be. Or reflective strip? But it stays still, imo, like it's in his back pocket and shining through his clothes. Maybe it's shining through a thin running jacket? That might explain the somewhat shiny look of the jacket under street lights.

A lot of running jackets have reflective tabs on them although it would be odd to have just one and in that spot. Maybe it's a label?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• asicsaset_03.jpg
    asicsaset_03.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 435
  • hmprod.jpeg
    hmprod.jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 435
No doubt LE is enhancing the details in video. I hope they can determine some distinguishing features both from the person's face and from clothing.

It also looks like the individual might have a limp, or one leg may be a bit shorter than the other. I was thinking uneven pavement, but the limp-y gait was constant throughout the scene. Dunno. The jacket (or whatever) looks like some type of thin nylon-type rain jacket. And what is that thing in his/her right hand?

That video is nightmare-inducing, especially after binging Mindhunter last week.

In my opinion, suspect appears male but looks unusually slender in the outfit. Kind of a weird walk, but who knows how long they have been walking prior to the start of the video. Could be stiff, sore, cramping, etc. What was weather like?

Creepy stuff, hope they catch 'em soon.

Edit: I think item in hand is a cellphone, and it looks to me like they are reading or texting maybe? Google Maps was the first thing that popped in my head, but it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Wonder if LE is considering putting decoys out there, armed and wearing vests etc. Dangerous I know. Maybe having LE in some homes or hiding places, watching for passersby and warning the decoys about an impending stranger approach.
This is nightmarish.

What if this creep moves on to another neighborhood?

Looks like they are holding a black or dark colored gun in their right hand and a cell phone in their back pocket on the CCTV clip.

I'll share some pictures later, have to run to do a few errands.

The video seems to me to be 3 different clips spliced together, perhaps from 2 different days? CCTV, then another video, then back to the CCTV.

Here are some close up pics, not sure if they are helpful or not.

OkieChange~~I think you nailed that jacket~~at least for now that's what I'm thinking, subject to change.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture-tb7.JPG
    Capture-tb7.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 429
  • Capture-tb6.JPG
    Capture-tb6.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 429
  • Capture-tb5.JPG
    Capture-tb5.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 422
  • Capture-tb4.JPG
    Capture-tb4.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 423
  • Capture-tb3.jpg
    Capture-tb3.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 411
More pic's.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture-tb11.jpg
    Capture-tb11.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 410
  • Capture-tb10.jpg
    Capture-tb10.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 411
  • Capture-tb9.jpg
    Capture-tb9.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 408
  • Capture-tb8.JPG
    Capture-tb8.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 410
  • Capture-tb2.jpg
    Capture-tb2.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 408
This seems eerily accurate, especially if the person in the cctv is really the shooter.

"The murderer seems to ambush victims, coming on them suddenly with a gun. Most serial killers are men, so this one probably is, too.
He may be traveling by foot or bicycle, moving quietly. The mode of transportation suggests a younger person, 21 to 35."

It also looks like the individual might have a limp, or one leg may be a bit shorter than the other. I was thinking uneven pavement, but the limp-y gait was constant throughout the scene. Dunno. The jacket (or whatever) looks like some type of thin nylon-type rain jacket. And what is that thing in his/her right hand?

Maybe the murder weapon, or his wallet or keys?

Goatee?

Person's right handed...not that it's any help at all.

Goatee?

Person's right handed...not that it's any help at all.

That's what I was thinking too...and my picture "capture-tb5" shows what appears to be a black gun. Although it looks like it might have a scope on top, maybe? Doesn't look like a standard pistol to me anyway.

The clothes...

Are they hospital scrubs? Could the reflective thing in the back pocket be latex gloves? Are there any hospitals nearby?

Maybe they're skinny denim joggers or cycling/jogging pants?

Also odd, imo, are the pants. they don't look like jeans at all. And they don't cling to the legs like leggings would. they look to be of an unusual type of material and shape ? Strange...it wasn't raining that night ? fairly warm ? What's with the clothing ???

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• New-Fashion-font-b-Mens-b-font-Black-Skinny-Jeans-font-b-Pants-b-font-Hi.jpg
    New-Fashion-font-b-Mens-b-font-Black-Skinny-Jeans-font-b-Pants-b-font-Hi.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 567
  • new-2017-mens-joggers-fashion-harem-pants.jpg
    new-2017-mens-joggers-fashion-harem-pants.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 564
  • rgxxf1-1.jpg
    rgxxf1-1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 562
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics