FL FL - Mark Jackson, 35, Fort Lauderdale, 27 June 2004

KRD1969 said:
Well, it has been over a month now that Mark is missing. There is no more coverage of his case. I guess people have lost interest in it. I check two or three times a day to see if there is any new information but there is nothing. Some cases get so much coverage and others just don't. I guess there is just not enough scandal and intrigue or people just don't relate to a gay man like they do a young girl or pregnant woman who is missing.

Thanks for this post, KRD. It's like pulling teeth to get attention for most adult cases, especially males, but in all fairness any child over a certain age is now discriminated against because LE believes they are a runaway. They have to have proof otherwise (case in point, Carlie Brucia). No Amber Alert was sounded until there was a video released of the abduction. *sigh*

Those who network these cases daily struggle to understand why some cases are latched onto by the media, and others completely ignored. I've never understood why some wish to discuss a case we can do nothing about, yet ignore those who might potentially be alive.

We fight to get them airtime and media of any sort.

We're fighting for your friend, Mark, and we will not stop until he is home.
Contact me if you wish. I'd be happy to hear from you.

With HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing
HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com

Looking for those STILL missing, praying for justice for all harmed.

Thanks Lanie,
I appreciate everything you do. Marks story is suppose to be on AMW tonight 9/25/04. The website does not confirm it but someone from the website said that it was suppose to be scheduled to air. I guess unless something more interesting comes up. :(
Thanks again,
Kevin

KRD1969 said:
Thanks Lanie,
I appreciate everything you do. Marks story is suppose to be on AMW tonight 9/25/04. The website does not confirm it but someone from the website said that it was suppose to be scheduled to air. I guess unless something more interesting comes up. :(
Thanks again,
Kevin

Kevin--
I am just now getting up to speed on information on your friend's disappearance and will watch AMW tonight. I pray that your friend is safe and unharmed.
Karen

Well, I watched AMW. I hope that his case now starts to get some more publicity. I assumed that drugs were going to be the focus. I do not believe that Mark had a major drug problem though. If Mark had a problem with Crystal Meth I don't believe he would have been as responsible and productive as he was. Drug use or dealing with people who were heavily involved in drugs though could have definetely been a factor. I think that maybe Mark could have gotten involved with the wrong people. I still believe Marks "new friend" is not telling the truth. I also do not believe for one second that after he and Mark had an argument that Mark would go out looking for sex that early in the morning. That is not Mark at all and is total speculation and stereotyping for him being gay. I know this friend is trying to defend his own reputation and I do not believe he is as innocent in the whole matter.

I can not locate Mark's story on the AMW website and I missed it on Saturday. If someone can locate it, please post the link. I am very intersted in viewing it. Has the family created a website for Mark yet? I have not been able to find any info. on the web.

Thank you for posting the link, Kevin. I hope Mark is found soon. He appears to be a very fun loving and kind person. Sending prayers for Marks safe return.

Thank you for the link! So LE suspects that Mark never left the building. I believe this also. The only thing that is strange is the lack of evidence (or atleast evidence that LE is releasing.)

edited to note: I am assuming that the visiting friend is a person of interest. Has LE commented on this at all??

I believe LE is stating that the friend is not a suspect but I hear otherwise. I heard that one of his polygraph test was inconclusive. This could be all hear say. If this friend really did have nothing to do with it, what a terrible situation he got put in the middle of.

He's a great looking guy. I hope they find something soon. I can't imagine anyone having an argument and running out looking for sex - at least not a normal rational person - and he seems to be just that. Drugs are prevalent in clubs, so its not uncommon for someone who doesn't normally do them to have a little taste now and again, but I don't see him being as productive as he was if drugs were a problem for him. Perhaps he didn't want to participate and something was put in a drink - wouldn't be the first time something like that happened.

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but did anyone confirm that it was indeed Mark that wrote the note. Could the guest have written it and told LE that Mark did? Just curious. I'm also curious if LE have determined why the recording stopped? Tampered with?

My thoughts and prayers go out to Mark's family and friends.

I just checked out the AMW story and didn't see anything about drugs or going out to look for sex. Where did this information come from? Also, if LE believes that Mark never left the building, wouldn't that mean he's still somewhere in the building? Sorry, I'm not trying to sound sarcastic but what else could that statement imply? And if he never left the building, wouldn't his "friend" be a highly suspicious person? This is too wierd. :waitasec:
Karen

I think it was the private investigator hired by AMW that said he never left the building, not any official LE. For what its worth...

If Mark never left the building then we can only assume that a resident (or friend of a resident) of the complex would have be the only persons with access to the building. It would seem to me that if this is the theory that they are working on, then it would not be very hard to uncover suspects. Just check the alibis of every person with an access card for the hours that Mark became missing. Unfortunately, with the odd hours that it happened most folks would be in bed but I am sure that there are enough cameras in the complex that LE could verify who was, in fact, in their apartment in that particular time frame.

Karen,
On the actual airing of AMW they mentioned drugs that they found in the apartment. (Which the friend could have left there on purpose to look as though Mark was missing because he had a drug problem) Also, they showed a gay website and how easy it was to meet up with other guys any time of the day. That part was purely speculation on their part. Just because it is out there does not mean that because he is a gay man that he does that.
As far as the note goes, Im sure the poice checked it to match marks hand writing. We do not know what it said though. He could have wrote a note that he was going for a jog or something and then when he got back they could have had some sort of altercation. As far as him not leaving the building, I believe they thought that he could have gone to visit someone else in the building and then something happened to him.
Kevin

Mark looked so spic and span in the video it seems hard to believe that drugs played any kind of major role in his life. As far as hooking up with another guy early that morning, something tells me he would be too good a host to leave his guest except maybe to carry on with his regular morning routines [jogging or walking to the corner for a newspaper].

Whoever did this must be thanking their lucky stars for the hurricanes.

My heart is just broken for his parents. He is an only child and I also have one child…. to raise your child into a successful, respected adult and then this –it is just too much.

KRD--
Thank you for responding and clarifying for me. This is just so odd--I hope there is a resolution soon.
Karen

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back