FL FL - Mark Jackson, 35, Fort Lauderdale, 27 June 2004

Oh wow - that is disturbing. In Florida no less. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Mark's situation went something like this. Of course, I have no idea, but whenever someone like this pops up, I wonder if other missing persons cases are tied to him....

Prayers for information for families of the missing.....

That is no coincidence. I bet that guy did have something to do with it.....the one with the condo nearby.
Praying for the family.

JJJJ

How sick is this! It reminds me of Jeffrey Dahmer. I pray that Mark's family gets answers soon.

Although no murder charges have been filed in Tampa or elsewhere, police in Fort Lauderdale said they are re-examining the missing persons cases of Mark Jackson, 35, who disappeared in June 2004, and Barry A. Block and David George Rhodes, both 24, who disappeared in 1988. Detectives said they have no evidence connecting the Tampa suspects to the disappearances, but they have handed out fliers and asked the public for information. Chicago police are also looking into the killings of two gay men in that city.

The most telling evidence -- DNA analysis of bloodstains on wood floors and cobblestones in Lorenzo's garage -- could answer the question that haunts the families and friends of the Tampa area's missing gay men: What
happened to their loved ones?

Five days after her son left her Clearwater condo on a moonlit Halloween in 2001, his Ford Ranger was found only blocks from Lorenzo's bungalow.

More than two years later, two Tampa men, both 26, both dark-haired, both gay, disappeared within 24 hours of each other. Jason Galehouse was last seen in the early morning hours of Dec. 20, 2003, at a gay bar in west Tampa named for its street address, 2606.

Today, the identities of those men and a seventh who came forward later remain confidential. Known as Victims 1 through 7 in the indictment, they are widely credited with leading police to Lorenzo's door, and eventually to Schweickert's home in Peru, Ill. A pivotal meeting

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...5jul05,0,2305618.story?coll=sfla-news-broward

Other thread with more info
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22454&highlight=Mark+Thompson

Bump - it's been so long without word......

It is sad that this case has never been resolved. I can't help but wonder why the new friend had to take more than one poly. One article that I read said the friend has taken polygraphs so he has taken more than one. If Mark's body went into a dumpster he will never be found. I wonder where the dumpsters were for that building. I also wonder if there was a camera for the door leading to the dumpsters. Mark's body obviously wasn't in the building anywhere or it would have been located. Strange that the camera stopped working after Mark entered the building. Either darn bad luck or someone messed with it.

Even though it was said that Mark had been depressed because he hadn't been able to maintain a lasting relationship that doesn't mean that he would have gotten into a relationship with just anyone just for the sake of having a steady person in his life. Maybe he had decided that his new friend wasn't the right person for him. I wonder what kind of work the new friend did...did he have money or was he looking for someone who did? I can see how Mark's
income...BMW...buying another condo for an investment, etc...could be a big draw for someone looking for a sugar daddy.

Hard to believe that LE hasn't been able to find any clues in this case. I guess they thought the "new friend" was in the clear. I hope they still don't think that a crime didn't take place just because they didn't find any evidence.

This is an interesting case I came across.

Mark Jackson disappeared from his penthouse suite in the early morning hours of June 27th, 2004 after going out with a friend, John Bass, who was visiting from NC. His friend who was staying with him claims he woke up the following morning to find Jackson missing. He left behind his phone, medication, keys, apt access card but his wallet, credit cards and passport were missing. His accounts have not been accessed since that night although the morning of June 28th someone did check his email and his voicemail. It is unclear if that was Jackson or someone else.
Apparently Jackson left a note behind but the contents have never been revealed or if LE believes he actually wrote the note.
Unfortunately the surveillance camera's malfunctioned an hour after the and his friend arrived home. He was never seen exiting the building although the camera's did record he and his friend entering the building the night before after going clubbing.
Jackson was an openly gay man who worked as an exec. at a Fortune 500 company. Jackson and Bass had had a relationship and allegedly Jackson wanted the relationship to be more serious. Vials of GHB and crystal meth were found in his home.

In 1988 two other men, Barry Block and David Rhodes, who were also gay men, disappeared from the same apt. building under similar circumstances.

Across the street Steven Lorenzo allegedly drugged and killed 2 men in 2003. He was arrested in 2005 but was only charged with using GHB to incapacitate his victims and sexually assault them. He was given 200 yrs in prison. The body of one of his alleged victims was found but the other body never was.

Mark Jackson was very successful and active. He made a lot of money, just purchased a BMW, had an active social life and it is very unlikely he disappeared of his own accord.

Obviously the two main suspect are his friend who stayed with him that night and Steve Lorenzo who lived across the street in 2004. It is not clear if Lorenzo was living in the are in 1988 when the two other gay men disappeared from the Drake building.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/jackson_mark.html

http://missingmarkjackson.faithweb.com/

http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/case.cfm?id=27960

http://news.tbo.com/news/MGBKCZHV79E.html

Bumping for Mark; saw something on tv tonight that reminded me of his case.

Bumping for Mark; saw something on tv tonight that reminded me of his case.

Has anyone checked with the Ft. Myers police to see if he can be compared to the unidentified victims that are still left. I believe 5 of them still are not identified. Maybe call the LE handling Mark's case and see if they have dna or dentals to compare.

National Center for Missing Adults
Endangered Missing Adult

If you believe you have any information regarding this case that will be helpful in this investigation please contact:
Fort Lauderdale Police Department at (954) 828-5529

The Charley Project
Jackson was last seen June 27, 2004, at his apartment in Drake Towers in the vicinity of 1800 block of north Andrews Avenue in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He had a friend from North Carolina, John Bass, visit him that day. They went dancing at the Coliseum dance clup in Hollywood, Florida, then arrived at his apartment at 4:15 a.m. Security Cameras showed them entering the building...More...

Wow! I am in shock. I dated Mark 19 years ago when we both lived in Chattanooga. He worked for Brock and was doing well. One of the things we most noticed about each other when we met was that we both had the same watches (we actually joked about it because it wasn't that often someone at our age had such expensive watches). Both our names was Mark, we lived in the same community and there were several other similarities between us. I really liked him!

He was really responsible and had a great shoulder on his heads. He had the drive and was super responsible. I know it has been 19 years since I have seen him but I can say he isn't the type to not tell someone he was leaving.

I really liked Mark and it is really sad to have found out this information. He was a wonderful person and helped me realize who I was. It was the feeling I felt with him that made me realize that I could be happy living the rest of my life with a guy. I have actually searched for him several times over the last 10 years and always wondered why I couldn't find him on Facebook or LinkedIn and the other day I found his old addressed and did a search and found all the articles.

I really hope his parents and family get some type of closure.

- Mark M

Bumping for Mark.

There are many confusing angles in this case, but his passport being missing is something that keeps bugging me. Unless whoever harmed him thought it would be believable that he would just up and leave with few belongings, as if to "start over" somewhere? But then that would prove the person didn't know Mark that well, since he so obviously would never do such a thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back