FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse nightclub, Orlando, 12 June 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My scanner app alerted me to an unusually high number of listeners on Orlando Fire. When I first listened to the stream and checked the news, I had to turn it off. Just knowing what happened was and is too much. Much love to the victims, their friends and families, and kudos to the first responders, they have remained so calm and organized.

Demobilization of some fire rescue vehicles began 10-15 minutes ago. A bus will be transporting witnesses to police HQ.

WESH in Orlando is broadcasting live here.

I think CNN is going to carry it is well as they mentioned the presser. Currently reporting on this tragedy.

OMG, I just read a tweet (not from a news agency) that said 26 are dead and many others injured.

Orlando PD just asked via their twitter for any witnesses to present themselves to HQ to give evidence to help investigators. Seems really early to be asking that of people who have just been through such trauma, I guess they want to get their eyewitness reports ASAP to make sure they're as accurate as possible.

on Alamo said he was at the back of one of the club’s rooms when a man holding a weapon came into the front of the room.

‘‘I heard 20, 40, 50 shots,’’ Alamo said. ‘‘The music stopped.’’

Club-goer Rob Rick said it happened around 2 a.m., just before closing time.

‘‘Everybody was drinking their last sip,’’ he said.

He estimated more than 100 people were still inside when he heard shots, got on the ground, and crawled toward a DJ booth. A bouncer knocked down a partition between the club area and an area in the back where only workers are allowed. People inside were able to then escape through the back of the club.

Mina Justice was outside the club trying to contact her 30-year-old son Eddie, who texted her when the shooting happened and asked her to call police. He told her he ran into a bathroom with other club patrons to hide. He then texted her: ‘‘He’s coming.’’

‘‘The next text said: ‘He has us, and he’s in here with us,' ’’ she said. ‘‘That was the last conversation.’’

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nat...tml?s_campaign=bostonglobe:socialflow:twitter

Mina Justice was outside the club trying to contact her 30-year-old son Eddie, who texted her when the shooting happened and asked her to call police. He told her he ran into a bathroom with other club patrons to hide. He then texted her: ‘‘He’s coming.’’

‘‘The next text said: ‘He has us, and he’s in here with us,' ’’ she said. ‘‘That was the last conversation.’’

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nati...flow:twitter
QUOTE=SurfieTX;12622682]http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nat...tml?s_campaign=bostonglobe:socialflow:twitter[/QUOTE]
(RSBM)

This quote made chills run down my spine when I read it. I can't imagine the fear these patrons felt. My God.

This quote made chills run down my spine when I read it. I can't imagine the fear these patrons felt. My God.

Yep. I feel just so awful for them. How terrifying, and the juxtaposition of that horror compared to what they were doing, just having a fun night out, just makes it so much worse.

Press conference-

Multiple people are dead inside. LE- I cannot give you a number right now.

(Crying)

Terrible senseless horrific tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of the dead and injured at this tragic and extremely difficult time. May the dead Rest In Peace.

Thank you for all your news updates and posts everyone.

Per briefing. Considered an act of terrorism :tantrum: Will get to the bottom of this as to whether domestic or otherwise.

Horrible!

What is causing so many people to go out and do mass shootings? Killing and injuring innocent people, why? It's alarming that so many of these types of shootings are happening.

RIP to those tragically taken and strength and hugs to survivors and all those families affected.

Odd statement by the guy talking in the navy blue polo shirt. In reference to this being looked at as terrorism he said yes all avenues are looked in any case where there are dozens of casualties.jmo idk. Did anyone else pick that up? jmo idk

Odd statement by the guy talking in the navy blue polo shirt. In reference to this being looked at as terrorism he said yes all avenues are looked in any case where there are dozens of casualties.jmo idk. Did anyone else pick that up? jmo idk

Yes I heard it as well

LE asking for anyone with social media information, etc. regarding the incident be reported.

One officer injured. Bullet hit Kevlar helmet which saved his life. His eye was injured. Found a device on the suspect himself and possibly his car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox