FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse nightclub, Orlando, 12 June 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what is amazing about this place. Its the notion that all of us truly need is the what when where how to try to come up with the why....................................

He has Hate. I don't need to know Why he has Hate. His Hate makes NO SENSE. If the Why for the hate is ISIS and homophobia, well, like I said it makes No Sense. There will not be any good reason to suffice Why he did this horrific deed. JUST EVIL. Well, maybe THAT IS THE WHY!!!! ISIS Supporter, NOT GOOD!!

IMOO.

I understand that they ask those questions. But how do they know if the donor is telling the truth?

They obviously test the blood now before it's used so why do they even ask?

HIV test might be negative for some time early during an infection. Which is why they ask. And yes, it's an honor system. If the person lies to them, they don't have any way to know.

I'm not buying that. I thought they divorced seven years ago.

What do they know about his currant views? JMO

right????

There is an agenda here....

and it's so transparent.

We can't even keep a guy like this locked up.

Why not? Tell that to the 50 dead and 53 victims, they had the pulse that he was a problem but didn't follow through.

HIV test might be negative for some time early during an infection. Which is why they ask. And yes, it's an honor system. If the person lies to them, they don't have any way to know.

So the wavier given today for gays donating blood could be a health problem down the road.

Not good.

I understand that they ask those questions. But how do they know if the donor is telling the truth?

They also screen the blood as well. One would hope that someone coming into to donate blood wouldn't lie when answering the questions but they definitely could. I believe it is the same reason they ask if you have traveled out of the country - somethings don't show up in testing right away. I saw a post on this - I'll try to find it - it explained in detail why this was done.

Someone I know wrote a novel that was a fictional story about terrorism at Disney World. It was never published.

When the person told me they were writing such, my thought to myself was that no one would buy that that type of fiction...it would be the worst thing to happen...terrorism at a place that was the family friendly capital of the United States.

Truth is Stranger Than Fiction....

A bit Off Topic here...
I wanted to add for myself, I lived in Germany for many years and I lived on the German economy and on post. I ate meat from the commissary, off post in restaurants, and I also ate meat from other countries. This was during the Mad Cow Crisis. Because I lived there during those Key Years, I am not allowed to donate blood even though it was Years and Years ago...

So with Mad cow disease, maybe it takes years to show up in the blood? I don't know....

Perhaps with other blood borne illnesses or diseases as well?

IMOO.

CNN just said that he showed up at 2 and was let in by the off duty (security) police officer at the door

My question is how did he get that long gun (AR-15) past that guy? That's not a gun you can just shove in your waistband - now he probably had it down the back of his pants - but still - with a long gun shoved down the back of your pants you don't moved as fluidly as you normally would.

Just a question - how did he get that AR-15 past the door?

I have a question for you all, if you marry a legal American and you're from a foreign country you become a citizen. What happens once you divorce, are you still a citizen? Say you are but you marry a foreigner does that person become a citizen? I seriously don't know.

Wth. So Lgbt means more strenuous blood testing before donating due to possible contamination that is not showing up yet?

But 50 heterosexual club goers that needed blood would be okay to donate or receive?

I just ask because I didn't see how the whole hiv thing started on the thread.

So jennyj I'm not blaming you. I'm just confused how hiv and emergency blood donations factors here.

I have a question for you all, if you marry a legal American and you're from a foreign country you become a citizen. What happens once you divorce, are you still a citizen? Say you are but you marry a foreigner does that person become a citizen? I seriously don't know.

Yes, you're still a citizen.

eta: You first become a permanent resident though, and you can divorce at that point and still keep your PR status.

He's had this planned. I think he's gone over the edge, awhile back, and found comfort w/the extremist community (Or, rather, he was already one of the mentally "bent" type of folks and it got worse recently.). Like any other type of extremist they usually seek out other extremists. He may not have been meeting up w/them, but at least cruising websites, twitter accts., and chatrooms, imo. His hatred, imo, for gays, probably sparked his heading down the extremist path too. Ramadan did not begin until last Sunday evening. Too late for him to target the club then, for ISIS. This was the first full weekend of Ramadan. I looked at Ft. Pierce and there does not seem to be any gay bars/clubs there at all. If there are they must be small and not well known like Pulse and/or Hamburger Marys for example. Ft. Lauderdale has a fairly large gay bar presence. Orlando not as much. It's also a further drive than Ft. Lauderdale. However, Pulse is billed as the hottest gay bar in Orlando. So, I think there was something targeted w/Pulse. Possibly w/it being the hottest bar, and in Orlando? The home of Disney and the Happiest Place on Earth? Where "families" take their "children"? Seeing as, from what we've been told, that he was so set off by the pda of the gay couple in front of his child. Just tossing out thoughts. The man was warped so we may never know why he picked Orlando, and Pulse.

[video=twitter;742105007693156352]https://twitter.com/ATFHQ/status/742105007693156352[/video]

Would the nightclub have had a metal detector on the door? I'm in Australia, so I don't know what is in place in the clubs over there now.

You don't become a citizen when you marry an American citizen. You can apply for a Visa to live here either temporarily or permanent based on the marriage. From there you can go after a few years and apply for citizenship. Once you obtain citizenship if you are an American citizen unless you renounce your citizenship. Divorcing the American citizen does have no effect on it.

Yes, you're still a citizen.

eta: You first become a permanent resident though, and you can divorce at that point and still keep your PR status.

What about who you marry in the future?

Someone I know wrote a novel that was a fictional story about terrorism at Disney World. It was never published.

When the person told me they were writing such, my thought to myself was that no one would buy that that type of fiction...it would be the worst thing to happen...terrorism at a place that was the family friendly capital of the United States.

Truth is Stranger Than Fiction....

I think that a terrorist attack at Disney World or Disney Land would be a measure above what we saw last night.

I wouldn't put it past Islamic terrorist's to do it. A very high value target like Disney equals much more gain in the goal they are trying to achieve. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix