FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse Nightclub, Orlando 12 June 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the police were in a hurry to get onto their next search. Or maybe the door had a bad latch. Or maybe police closed the door but failed to lock it. Or maybe police broke the door lock when they gained entry and didn't even realize it and then "somehow" the door swung open all on its own........

-------------

A young man who was interviewed and was talking about OM visiting Pulse said that he had seen his photo on more than just one gay dating website. He named the sites as "Jacked", "Grinder" and "Adam to Adam".

http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...m/news-story/568dbefeaf4069f23019405c585b4f75

Zero tolerance for hate preachers: PM
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull insists there is zero tolerance for hate preachers wanting to come to Australia.

Mr Turnbull has confirmed the immigration department is reviewing the visa of British-born Farrokh Sekaleshfar who is in Sydney on a speaking tour.

The Muslim cleric has previously made comments suggesting that death was a compassionate sentence for homosexuals.

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten said the man was not welcome in Australia with his abhorrent views.

I continue to be confused about the 'shootout' with police outside the club.
Did this happen as he walked up to the club?
I've read multiple times that after the shootout, he went back into the club, indicating the shootout happened after he had already been inside... Timeline, anyone?

If you read down in this article it states the murderer shot rounds and started back to the entrance. Hope this helps.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/06/14/us/orlando-shooting.html?referer=https://www.google.com/

Deadliest American Mass Murder In Single Day
1.) September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attacks-3,000
2.) Oklahoma City Bombing on April 19, 1995-169
3.) Happyland Club Fire on March 25, 1990-87
4.) Pulse Nightclub Terrorist Attack on June 12, 2016-49
5.) Thomas G. Doty, Bombed Continental Airlines Flight 11 on May 22, 1962-45
5.) Bath School Bombing on May 18, 1927-45
6.) Jack Gilbert Graham, Bombed United Airlines Flight 629 on November 1, 1955-44
6.) Francisco Paula Gonzales, Murder/Suicide on board Pacific Air Lines Flight 773 on May 7, 1964-44
7.) David Burke, Killed his former supervisor and two pilots on board Pacific Southwest Airlines Flight 1771 on December 7, 1987-43
8.) Seung-Hui Cho, Virginia Tech Massacre on April 16, 2007-32
9.) Adam Lanza, Sandy Hook Massacre on December 14, 2012-27
10.) Humberto de la Torre, Set fire to Dorothy Mae Apartment Hotel in Los Angeles on September 4, 1982-25
11.) George Hennard, Killeen Massacre, October 16, 1991-23
12.) James Huberty, McDonald's Massacre at San Ysidro, California on July 18, 1984-21
13.) Charles Whitman, University of Texas Clocktower Massacre in Austin on August 1, 1966-18

The Orlando Massacre is the deadliest with gun. The deadliest prior was Virginia Tech Massacre, which is now a distant second.

9/11 is the deadliest mass murder in single day as it is the deadliest terrorist attack. It also happens to be one of the deadliest disasters in American history along with 1900 Galveston Hurricane, 1906 San Francisco Hurricane, and 1928 Lake Okeechobee Hurricane.

Some of these mass murders are obscure today. Many did not involve use of gun.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/or...ve-blog-latest-updates-pulse-shooting-n590701

The FBI is looking into the possibility that Omar Mateen visited Pulse nightclub and tried to communicate with some of its patrons on a gay dating app before he gunned down 49 people at the club in Orlando, authorities told NBC News on Monday.

Cord Cedeno, a customer at the club, told MSNBC-TV on Monday that Mateen tried to get in contact with him through Grindr, a dating application for gay and bisexual men, but that he blocked Mateen "because he was creepy."

I've read multiple times that after the shootout, he went back into the club, indicating the shootout happened after he had already been inside... Timeline, anyone?

2:02am - Sunday, June 12 - Suspect Omar Mateen tries to enter Pulse nightclub armed with assault rifle and and handgun and is spotted by a uniformed officer.
The two exchange fire outside the club - but Mateen manages to enter the nightclub holding 320 people while still firing.
The shooting then developed in a hostage situation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lice-response-shooter-time.html#ixzz4BWaF6CBR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Did anyone know when the second tower was hit what was going on and that is was guys from Saudi Arabia?

I don't think anyone knew exactly what happened when the 2nd tower was hit. My recollection and from what I remember the news was pondering terrorist attack?? I remember I was supposed to fly back home that day and my sister was on a plane when every flight was grounded.

I think how could someone be so evil and have so much hate to kill people and terrorism still exists today.

Prayers going out to Orlando victims, families, and friends. 🙏🏻

Maybe the police were in a hurry to get onto their next search. Or maybe the door had a bad latch. Or maybe police closed the door but failed to lock it. Or maybe police broke the door lock when they gained entry and didn't even realize it and then "somehow" the door swung open all on its own....

It just seems strange compared to how other mass murders are handled, more recently the family of 8 people killed in Pike County, OH. In that situation, everything was locked up and hauled away, including 4 full sized trailers. The road was blocked to all but local traffic for weeks.

What if they determine from computer records that this killer had an accomplice? How do you go back to gather evidence if the crime scene is left open to the public and news media? From the photos at the link above, it doesn't even appear they dusted anything for fingerprints.

Just strange.

I haven't been able to keep up with the news today. Can someone please fill me in on the closet homosexual part? TIA

I don't think anyone knew exactly what happened when the 2nd tower was hit. My recollection and from what I remember the news was pondering terrorist attack?? I remember I was supposed to fly back home that day and my sister was on a plane when every flight was grounded.

I think how could someone be so evil and have so much hate to kill people and terrorism still exists today.

Prayers going out to Orlando victims, families, and friends. 

The people inside the towers sure didn't know what was happening- supervisors were telling people not to flee, to go back to their desks. I was woken up on the West Coast by my husband telling me the news. My daughter was only 4 mos. old.

Maybe the police were in a hurry to get onto their next search. Or maybe the door had a bad latch. Or maybe police closed the door but failed to lock it. Or maybe police broke the door lock when they gained entry and didn't even realize it and then "somehow" the door swung open all on its own........

-------------

A young man who was interviewed and was talking about OM visiting Pulse said that he had seen his photo on more than just one gay dating website. He named the sites as "Jacked", "Grinder" and "Adam to Adam".

Or, maybe whoever took the photos just accidentally "tripped", and fell into the door, and it "broke" open. Odd that a very similar thing happened after police searched the San Bernardino shooter's home.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...Next&moduleDetail=undefined&pgtype=Multimedia

Why the Orlando Shooting Was So Deadly

JUNE 12, 2016

The attack at an Orlando nightclub early Sunday was the deadliest mass shooting in United States history. One out of every three people at the Pulse nightclub was killed or injured after the shooter, Omar Mateen, opened fire.
The Nightclub Was Loud and Crowded

Mass shooting fatalities are often higher in large, crowded spaces that are somewhat confined, making it hard for people to escape, said J. Pete Blair, a Texas State University professor who trains law enforcement officers to respond to shooters. The noise may have also played a factor: When Mr. Mateen started shooting, one patron said he first thought the gunfire was firecrackers; others said they thought it was part of the music. “Without available avenues of egress, it seems like they didn’t have an easy way of getting out,” Mr. Blair said.
The Shooter Was at the
Nightclub for Three Hours

The police did not stop the gunman until three hours after Mr. Mateen started shooting, an unusually long time, Adam Lankford, a professor at the University of Alabama who studies mass shootings, said. At some point after the first shots were fired, Mr. Mateen went outside the club and later returned, creating “a hostage situation,” Chief John Mina of the Orlando police said. It is unknown if the shooter killed more people as the police prepared for a confrontation.

Attachments

• top-five-mass-shootings-map-1050.jpg
    top-five-mass-shootings-map-1050.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 49
I haven't been able to keep up with the news today. Can someone please fill me in on the closet homosexual part? TIA

He patronized the club for 3 years- that's not stalking, including heavy drinking with a "buddy" and also participated in gay dating apps Jack'd and Grindr.

I've been too sad to even look at this case until tonight. Absolutely senseless tragedy. Condolences... :-(

They had a reenactment on Anderson Cooper-CNN. These poor people.

Hearing that Disney Springs Shopping center was a possible location... Anyone see that somewhere or other than the one site I saw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a tragedy that will not just affect the 100 immediate and extended families of the victims, but their friends, associates, co-workers, and neighbours. I think that, in addition, the organizations and communities that drew upon their talents, imaginations, enthusiasms, resources and good will are also going to be affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500