FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse Nightclub, Orlando 12 June 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing that Disney Springs Shopping center was a possible location... Anyone see that somewhere or other than the one site I saw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read that in a CNN article earlier today.

He patronized the club for 3 years- that's not stalking, including heavy drinking with a "buddy" and also participated in gay dating apps Jack'd and Grindr.

Thank you. So....I'm wondering if he may have been using those dating apps as bait with plans to kill someone when he met up with them. I wonder if there are any unsolved homicides of gay men or missing gay men in the areas the shooter is affiliated with.

Smith said the sometimes-visitor would show up with a buddy and let loose in a way he couldn't when he was closer to the family home in Port St. Lucie: "(He'd get) really, really drunk... He couldn't drink when he was at home -- around his wife, or family. His father was really strict... He used to ***** about it."

I am confused. I thought he lived alone? In the last three years?Interesting that this, if true (does make sense tho that is what performers do - between shows-is stroll about the bar and chit and chat with everyone- so he would probably have interacted with him in a superfical manner, Digress

THe fact that he had been a regular reinfoces my notions of self hatred and loathing. Sounds as if he got wasted any time he was in that environment either to numb the pain he was expericing being surrounding by people that seem to accept themselves.

And /or a desire to "loosen" up thinking about the possibility of having sex...

What is also strange, IMO, Ft Laurderdale is close to him,I wonder why he picked Orlando to drive all that way.Did he drive all the way back that drunk? I woudl think a DUI would be found.

It would also be interesting to know if he only came up on theme nights, and if so was there a particular fondness for Latin night? Was "that" night the night because of that??

Back in 2001, he sure seemed to be pro-Islamic terrorism:

Former classmates of the Orlando gunman recall Mateen standing up and cheering when the second plane hit the World Trade Center

Another student says that Mateen went on to taunt others on the bus by making plane sounds

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...taunt-school-bus-former-classmates-claim.html

Tid bits:

This kinda sounds more like a mental health issue- inappropriate behavior. The person that knew him best was very clear that he had some serious mental issues. Divorcing after 4months sure seems like a very short marrage, which she directly stated was because of his mental illiness.

Be interesting to know if he had any invol commiments etc .

Mateen’s parents are from Afghanistan but he was not very religious,

law-enforcement source told The Daily Beast there is no immediate indication that Mateen had any direct connection to ISIS

The Guardian reported Monday that the FBI had interviewed Mateen after he said he knew the Boston Marathon bombers, a claim that the bureau later determined was false.

Media has made it sound like the FBI was really interested in him when the rality seems to be he was " questioned" (as oppossed to detained, surveyed etc etc) by the FBI

He was employed at a gated retirement community in South Florida. ....last stint as a guard in a private golf-course community, he was unarmed,.... hasn’t answered questions about what led to his transfer—and whether it was imposed on him or if requested the move—and why he was given a job without a weapon.

A co worker (Gilroy) of his also seemed to be indicating mental issues--
he was “unhinged and unstable.

Mateen’s odd, often bigoted, behavior fits in with homophobia as well, IMO.

Manicky behaviors/poor judgement/mental -IMO----Mateen began stalking Gilroy, leaving him 30 or more text and phone messages per day. Gilroy eventually quit.

WOw I did not know G4S was the one that messed up big time at the Olympics !

G4S famously bungled a contract to provide thousands of guards for the London Olympics in 2012. Thousands of British Army troops had to be brought in to fill the gaps

“They have a reputation for doing work at the lowest price that’s still technically acceptable,” the former official said. “Think of it as a security version of McDonald’s. The feeling is that they’re cheap.”

the company has won contracts totaling more than $61 million .... company says its other U.S. government customers include the Drug Enforcement Administration, the Justice Department, the Air Force, the Internal Revenue Service, and NASA.

In Canada, a member of an armored car crew shot his fellow guards, killing three and making off with the money they had been transporting.

G4S guard in Scotland, who was working at a medical conference, beat a woman to death with a fire extinguisher after she reportedly complained about being asked to show her security pass.

vast majority of G4S employees appear to be low-level guards,

G4S has come under scrutiny in Florida in the past few years after some of its guards were found to be abusing children in facilities where the company provides security.

At the Palmetto Youth Academy in Manatee County, G4S employee Leroy Bostic Jr. was arrested in 2014 on charges of sexually abusing two teenage boys.

facility in Tampa, G4S employee Viviana Hernandez-Trejo was investigated for engaging in sex acts with a boy under her care.

records documenting multiple assaults at youth-detention facilities G4S managed in Florida, both against the company’s employees as well as minors under its charge. G4S provides security for about 30 juvenile-detention centers in the state of Florida

violent altercations among staff and children (not referring to murderer here)

And from Fox/Geraldo Rivera-- When you’re in that situation and you have no weapons, you have two choices,” Rivera said of the men and women caught by surprise on a dark dancefloor late into the night. “If you can’t hide and you can’t run, there are two choices. You stay and die, or you fight. For God’s sakes, fight back. Fight back,” According to Rivera, it seems the victims “just living their lives” inside the Pulse gay nightclub this past weekend didn’t do enough to stay alive.

Yeh, big boy I would love to see what you what you would do. Pretty tacky IMO, and has no place in the discussion. Yeh the rape victims dress was to short ...............give me break...........repulsive

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...lando-victims-for-god-s-sakes-fight-back.html

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/12/omar-mateen-id-d-as-orlando-killer.html

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...er-omar-mateen-was-a-knockoff-rent-a-cop.html

A much fuller picture is emerging !

An important series of studies ............. lend credence to the ..... belief that homophobic people often harbor secret same-sex desires themselves.

.... “homophobia is more pronounced in individuals with an unacknowledged attraction to the same sex and .. grew up with authoritarian parents who forbade such desire................

........... self-reported anti-gay attitudes, implicit hostility towards gays, endorsement of anti-gay policies, and discriminatory bias such as the assignment of harsher punishments for homosexuals
“Individuals who identify as straight ....threatened by gays and lesbians because homosexuals remind them of similar tendencies within themselves,”
“In many cases these are people who are at war with themselves and they are turning this internal conflict outward,”......

they see themselves in the very people they hate.

[FONT=&amp]https://www.truthwinsout.org/blog/2012/04/24080/

[/FONT]

I can't believe Geraldo, what a jerk to say that!

Agree. He is acting like he wouldn't have froze while being caught off guard by a maniac with an AK47 with double clips.

Omar probably made sure that he wasn't surrounded while firing those big bullets so quickly.

So a joint effort would have been nil since everyone had to scatter out the way while Omar made sure that he wasn't being surrounded.

So if I seen the door. Then I'm heading out before he turns around. Jmo.

Hopefully Geraldo is never trapped in a bathroom while sending his final text to a family member. Jmo.

The kid wanted to say goodbye to his mom just in case.

Plus maybe the guy died in the bathroom when swat sent the tank through and started shooting away once Omar started shooting at them.

So Geraldo is definitely a outsider warrior that would probably freeze like anyone else.

Btw. Did Geraldo do anything after a guest on his show smashed his face and nose in with a chair.

Or did he just hold his nose and get wisked away by security while all hell was breaking out.

Hmm.

His ex wife is now saying he was gay. Wow.

I'm getting confused with her statements, or the media are misquoting. I just saw her interviewed and when queried on whether she thought he was gay, she said she never saw him give any indication that he was gay.

I'm wondering why police didn't enter for three hours?

According to the chief's interview that I saw, the Deputy that was on scene at the start had a gun battle with the Shooter and he chased the shooter inside the club, where he barricaded himself into a bathroom with 30 hostages.

At that point, SWAT had to decide how to save those hostages. If they tried to break into the bathroom everyone would die right then. But the shooter was calling LE and 'negotiating. He made 3 calls. So I understand why the cops were waiting him out. At one point they finally knocked down a back wall and let some survivors out.

I liked what Los Angeles Chief of Police said, about people second guessing the Orlando chief's decision. Beck said " I must have a really easy job because everyone else knows exactly how to do it right except me...'
With 20/20 hindsight we can say they could have or should have gone in earlier. But they were in an armed standoff hostage situation and they thought there were explosives as well. So...?

A much fuller picture is emerging !

An important series of studies ............. lend credence to the ..... belief that homophobic people often harbor secret same-sex desires themselves.

.... “homophobia is more pronounced in individuals with an unacknowledged attraction to the same sex and .. grew up with authoritarian parents who forbade such desire................

........... self-reported anti-gay attitudes, implicit hostility towards gays, endorsement of anti-gay policies, and discriminatory bias such as the assignment of harsher punishments for homosexuals
“Individuals who identify as straight ....threatened by gays and lesbians because homosexuals remind them of similar tendencies within themselves,”
“In many cases these are people who are at war with themselves and they are turning this internal conflict outward,”......

they see themselves in the very people they hate.

[FONT=&]https://www.truthwinsout.org/blog/2012/04/24080/

[/FONT]

I wonder if Isis will revoke his membership...

I do wonder what his internet footprint will reveal...

Espcially in the *advertiser censored* arena! fear we may have some underage issues --just a thought that went through my mind when I learned he worked at juvee center.

Pure speculation tho

Espcially in the *advertiser censored* arena! fear we may have some underage issues --just a thought that went through my mind when I learned he worked at juvee center.

Pure speculation tho

I agree with you, it could be very revealing. We will find out why he was sacked either way though ..

According to the chief's interview that I saw, the Deputy that was on scene at the start had a gun battle with the Shooter and he chased the shooter inside the club, where he barricaded himself into a bathroom with 30 hostages.

At that point, SWAT had to decide how to save those hostages. If they tried to break into the bathroom everyone would die right then. But the shooter was calling LE and 'negotiating. He made 3 calls. So I understand why the cops were waiting him out. At one point they finally knocked down a back wall and let some survivors out.

I liked what Los Angeles Chief of Police said, about people second guessing the Orlando chief's decision. Beck said " I must have a really easy job because everyone else knows exactly how to do it right except me...'
With 20/20 hindsight we can say they could have or should have gone in earlier. But they were in an armed standoff hostage situation and they thought there were explosives as well. So...?

Yes it's true, when we had the Lindt cafe siege they didn't storm the building because the guy pretended to have a bomb, maybe they thought the same here?

Did anyone know when the second tower was hit what was going on and that is was guys from Saudi Arabia?

I did. As a resident of MD and working in the nsa and working for westinghouse that had fun gov contracts to work on, I knew it was terrorist. My daughter was a student at meade high school, it sits a little over 2 miles from nsa, I was at the school and had my daughter out before the third plane hit the ground in Pa and the school being put on lock down. I knew it was terrorist.

I did. As a resident of MD and working in the nsa and working for westinghouse that had fun gov contracts to work on, I knew it was terrorist. My daughter was a student at meade high school, it sits a little over 2 miles from nsa, I was at the school and had my daughter out before the third plane hit the ground in Pa and the school being put on lock down. I knew it was terrorist.

I knew it when the 2nd plane hit. We were on the West Coast, watching it LIVE on the news. I told my husband it was a hijacker from the Middle East. He didn't want to believe it.

CNN are reporting that the assailant involved in the French attack on the police officer and his family broadcast the aftermath of the attack live on Facebook. So sick.

I'm getting confused with her statements, or the media are misquoting. I just saw her interviewed and when queried on whether she thought he was gay, she said she never saw him give any indication that he was gay.

It's frustrating to try to figure out . I wish media were more diligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther