FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here is my thought of the day about this case. It is bothering me. I think about thie case way too often, I admit. My mind WANTS to solve this...

It appears Dale's cell phone was left at his Dad's house. I read somewhere Yvonne (Michelle's Mom) called Dale on his cell phone and Dale's mom answered. Dale wasn't there. That is my understanding. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

This is IMPORTANT, I believe, because if he left his cell phone there. He probably did so for a reason. To have his phone pinging where his alibi was. If this is the case, I believe my original theory that Michelle's cell phone was a smoke screen to divert police holds some water. This would indicate to me Dale was aware of cell phone movements thus he was fully aware of the movements on Michelle's phones. I think a distraction route was run by one person while a "hide the body" mission was run by someone else. Who ran which I am not sure, but this seems to make sense if Dale did leave his cell phone at his mom's. The other question is where was he and how long was he gone?

Hey Mom I'm going out to hide a body if anyone calls my cell take a message. Nope not buying it.

I think he was nosey and controlling and when everything was said and done, he wanted to go through her text messages, pics, etc. That left him little time to do more than just chunk it out the window.

My thoughts on the ditching of the phone.

Much like Gitana, I believe this is a rage event.
Then panic mode, his foremost thought is to drop off the twins and dispose of the body, I believe he was in the Hummer with access to the phone for the 'Waterford' text, but likely hopping from house to various vehicles, he responds to text and pops the phone in his pocket.

He get rid of the body and the Hummer and whilst returning to DS srs house, the phone rings again, reminding him that he still has it. It gets tossed (in the dark by now) where the battery powers down and where LE later finds it.

It was simply the last item that could link him to Michelle after she was missing.

All IMHO of course.

If she was thrown into a canal with big gators she might never be seen again. I hope they can find evidence another way if that is the case.

I know what you mean. I keep thinking of the pilot/first episode of Nip/Tuck...:(

I hope that if he is charged and convicted he also is liable for the huge expenses being rung up by the state of Florida...I know the state will never collect but it should be automatic that people who kill, and then hide the bodies, causing expensive searches, should be liable if convicted. Maybe if this was always the case, people (relatives, etc.) would think twice about aiding in a cover-up.

Hey Mom I'm going out to hide a body if anyone calls my cell take a message. Nope not buying it.

He possibly left his phone and the kids at home with mom. Maybe she knew...maybe she didnt. Either way, she had Dale's phone and Dale wasn't there.

If she didnt know, then it was an honest mistake on her part to mess up his plan and answer the phone.
If she did know, maybe she called Dale on his Dads cell and told him "hey, michelles mom is calling like crazy, should I go ahead an answer it and tell her you are doing something with the kids?"

Which brings us to another interesting pice of evidence DSSR's phone :waitasec:

Ok here is my thought of the day about this case. It is bothering me. I think about thie case way too often, I admit. My mind WANTS to solve this...

It appears Dale's cell phone was left at his Dad's house. I read somewhere Yvonne (Michelle's Mom) called Dale on his cell phone and Dale's mom answered. Dale wasn't there. That is my understanding. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

This is IMPORTANT, I believe, because if he left his cell phone there. He probably did so for a reason. To have his phone pinging where his alibi was. If this is the case, I believe my original theory that Michelle's cell phone was a smoke screen to divert police holds some water. This would indicate to me Dale was aware of cell phone movements thus he was fully aware of the movements on Michelle's phones. I think a distraction route was run by one person while a "hide the body" mission was run by someone else. Who ran which I am not sure, but this seems to make sense if Dale did leave his cell phone at his mom's. The other question is where was he and how long was he gone?

BBM

I see where you are going with this, but the bolded part is still in question, AFAIK.

We did hear that Yvonne called to speak with dale and his mother answered and said he would call her back. But as far as I know, it was never verified which phone she called. Was it his cell, or his parents landline? We do not know for certain. [Correct me if I am wrong.]

What kills me is you've got two guys who don't seem too bright (Dale and his Dad) and so far (based on circumstantial evidence) we have a pretty good inkling that Dale and/or his dad made a body vanish without a trace. How could these two buffoons pull this off?

Gators?

Update from the family page for Michelle:

Michelle Parker Missing Person

‎27 days. Still trying to find where the time has gone...

We are still doing everything possible. Police are still conducting searches and reviewing all information collected. The cell phone I'm sure will bring clues, but that is part of the investigation that must be protected. There's a lot of ground to be covered and we will cover it all.

Another benefit for the Michelle Loree Parker Trust will be held this Thursday at Alligator Alley w/ country singer Josh Thompson and the support of the Eagle Riders Motorcycle Club. Meet and greet starts at 7pm.

BBM

I see where you are going with this, but the bolded part is still in question, AFAIK.

We did hear that Yvonne called to speak with dale and his mother answered and said he would call her back. But as far as I know, it was never verified which phone she called. Was it his cell, or his parents landline? We do not know for certain. [Correct me if I am wrong.]

I thought she called on the landline. I don't know if I assumed this or read/heard it as a fact.

He possibly left his phone and the kids at home with mom. Maybe she knew...maybe she didnt. Either way, she had Dale's phone and Dale wasn't there.

If she didnt know, then it was an honest mistake on her part to mess up his plan and answer the phone.
If she did know, maybe she called Dale on his Dads cell and told him "hey, michelles mom is calling like crazy, should I go ahead an answer it and tell her you are doing somehting with the kids?"

I just can't see Dale letting his Mom answer his phone. There would be no good reason for this if Dale was not wanting anyone to know he was gone. Better to let the phone ring and claim he had the ringer off or whatever.

Other than a confession they are never going to have any direct evidence I would think so if and when they are going to arrest him they are going to do it with circumstantial or they are hoping for something big. The straight line theory doesn't really impress me. He could have parked that car anywhere. If he had help he easily could have veered right or left and left it anywhere. Also, I had a doubt although very small that he may not have placed the phone where it was supposedly found.

If they have enough to arrest him now it makes ZERO sense to wait. There is no reason to wait to get their ducks in a row. Many people spend well over a year in jail while waiting for a trial so all this lab work to make the perfect arrest can be done while he is sitting in jail. If he is such a danger to his kids then they need to arrest him NOW!!

Like I said, speedy trial rights kick in. Yes, many defendants waive their speedy trial rights, which is why they sit in jail for a long time prior to trial. They do that because the defense wants as much time preparing for trial as the state.

But...that doesn't always happen. LE and the state must be prepared for the possibility that Dale, upon arrest, refuses to waive his speedy trial rights and hence they have to be prepared to put on a trial when they are still busy processing evidence. That makes zero sense.

It can be hard to fathom how much work/hours goes into these investigations and then trial prep. I know I can't fathom the intricate work of such an investigation. But, I can fathom the trial prep because I know what it takes to prepare for my own trials.

Again, trial prep is very time consuming. A lot of detail goes into it. The attorneys have to line up experts to interpret evidence for a jury. They have to methodically organize evidence, organize testimony, outline questions, argument, figure out what theories will work best, prepare motions, work with witnesses so they are prepared for what is to come and can handle cross examination, etc., etc.

In my cases, there are usually only a couple of issues to try, like custody and support, for example. It takes at least a week for me to be sufficiently ready for a simple trial.

Murder cases are like 10 to 100 of my small trials. They take months and months to prepare. Again, unless there is an obvious need for an arrest now, there is no need to put that kind of pressure on the investigators or the state attorneys.

They are still at the investigatory stage. They are not at the stage where they are ready for trial. They likely would not arrest, barring exigent circumstances, until at the least, they are deep into the investigation and close to finished. They are not there yet at all, according to them.

CPS seems to think the children are in danger with Dale. I agree with that sentiment to some degree. But LE may not. As I said, they weigh the risks and benefits of an early arrest. They most likely feel the risks outweigh the benefits of an arrest at this time. That does not mean they have no evidence. Clearly, they have a ton. Enough to name their primary suspect. Enough for very specific, targeted searches for Michelle. Enough that they were able to locate a tiny cell phone, in the water, in a state that seems to have more waterways, marshes and overgrown brush, than anything else. They have evidence alright and it must be excellent.

Now if they can only find Michelle. She and her family deserve the dignity of a burial.

What kills me is you've got two guys who don't seem too bright (Dale and his Dad) and so far (based on circumstantial evidence) we have a pretty good inkling that Dale and/or his dad made a body vanish without a trace. How could these two buffoons pull this off?

It may not be so hard in a state like Florida. There are alligators, tons of water and brush and marsh. Still, I think there remains a chance to find this gal.

I just can't see Dale letting his Mom answer his phone. There would be no good reason for this if Dale was not wanting anyone to know he was gone. Better to let the phone ring and claim he had the ringer off or whatever.

I agree, but maybe Mom got spooked or had a better idea. Maybe she thought she was doing the right thing and had no way to contact him. Maybe they were taking longer than she thought and she was getting nervous.

I dont think she knew though.

If she did know, maybe she called Dale on his Dads cell and told him "hey, michelles mom is calling like crazy, should I go ahead an answer it and tell her you are doing something with the kids?"

I like your theories. I had the initial thought that he was there but didn't want to talk. Yours work as well. I can easily see her answering that phone if it kept ringing like mad. I would.

I agree, but maybe Mom got spooked or had a better idea. Maybe she thought she was doing the right thing and had no way to contact him. Maybe they were taking longer than she thought and she was getting nervous.

I dont think she knew though.

Then Dale would have had to do two things for his Mom be able to answer his phone. Leave it in plain view and have the ringer left on. Again, not buying it.

I thought she called on the landline. I don't know if I assumed this or read/heard it as a fact.

I have never seen it specified. Just that she called Dale and his mom answered. 'Calling Dale' may seem like it was his cell, yet again he was known to hang at his folks house a lot, so maybe not. I don't think it has been clarified yet though.

Maybe it was the landline. That would make more sense.

Intersection of Sandlake and Orange Ave.

ScreenHunter_01Dec131727.jpg

Note Nela Avenue bridge crossing Lake Conway.

Ok I just thought of something. The area where Michelle's hummer was found was near a drug neighborhood. Could Michelle have been stopping by for something and got more than she bargained for? What if she really did leave Dale's and head straight for a quick pickup. Does she have a drug history at all?

What if she was abducted/killed in that area and someone looked through her phone and saw Waterford in there from earlier and texted that back when asked where she was?

This quote from Yvonne has always bugged me..

"He is crying every time I talk to him on the phone," Stewart said. "He loves my daughter. They just didn't get along."

Like I said, speedy trial rights kick in. Yes, many defendants waive their speedy trial rights, which is why they sit in jail for a long time prior to trial. They do that because the defense wants as much time preparing for trial as the state.

But...that doesn't always happen. LE and the state must be prepared for the possibility that Dale, upon arrest, refuses to waive his speedy trial rights and hence they have to be prepared to put on a trial when they are still busy processing evidence. That makes zero sense.

It can be hard to fathom how much work/hours goes into these investigations and then trial prep. I know I can't fathom the intricate work of such an investigation. But, I can fathom the trial prep because I know what it takes to prepare for my own trials.

Again, trial prep is very time consuming. A lot of detail goes into it. The attorneys have to line up experts to interpret evidence for a jury. They have to methodically organize evidence, organize testimony, outline questions, argument, figure out what theories will work best, prepare motions, work with witnesses so they are prepared for what is to come and can handle cross examination, etc., etc.

In my cases, there are usually only a couple of issues to try, like custody and support, for example. It takes at least a week for me to be sufficiently ready for a simple trial.

Murder cases are like 10 to 100 of my small trials. They take months and months to prepare. Again, unless there is an obvious need for an arrest now, there is no need to put that kind of pressure on the investigators or the state attorneys.

They are still at the investigatory stage. They are not at the stage where they are ready for trial. They likely would not arrest, barring exigent circumstances, until at the least, they are deep into the investigation and close to finished. They are not there yet at all, according to them.

CPS seems to think the children are in danger with Dale. I agree with that sentiment to some degree. But LE may not. As I said, they weigh the risks and benefits of an early arrest. They most likely feel the risks outweigh the benefits of an arrest at this time. That does not mean they have no evidence. Clearly, they have a ton. Enough to name their primary suspect. Enough for very specific, targeted searches for Michelle. Enough that they were able to locate a tiny cell phone, in the water, in a state that seems to have more waterways, marshes and overgrown brush, than anything else. They have evidence alright and it must be excellent.

Now if they can only find Michelle. She and her family deserve the dignity of a burial.

It may not be so hard in a state like Florida. There are alligators, tons of water and brush and marsh. Still, I think there remains a chance to find this gal.

I really can't see them having a ton of evidence against Dale by day ten. I'm not sure what the time frame is for a speedy trial but let's assume 6 months. So LE will not arrest Dale until they are sure they can build a case within this time frame? So I am guessing that at this point with a ton of evidence as you call it they still are not confident enough to make an arrest and come to trial within the speedy trial time frame.

This quote from Yvonne has always bugged me..

"He is crying every time I talk to him on the phone," Stewart said. "He loves my daughter. They just didn't get along."

Why does this bug you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member