FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I just thought of something. The area where Michelle's hummer was found was near a drug neighborhood. Could Michelle have been stopping by for something and got more than she bargained for? What if she really did leave Dale's and head straight for a quick pickup. Does she have a drug history at all?

What if she was abducted/killed in that area and someone looked through her phone and saw Waterford in there from earlier and texted that back when asked where she was?

Funny you mention this because I've thought this since day 1. I know the area well, lived here since 87 and OBT/Oakridge is extremely high in crime, drugs, etc. Maybe she owed someone $$ or who knows. The only thing that changes my mind about this theory is the eyewitness saying they saw the same truck similar to Dale's at night in the same area the phone was found... I don't know, sometimes these tips or eyewitnesses are really really off so its hard to trust it but who would really be in that area @ night? Too much of a coincidence. Dale did drugs so maybe one of his dealers. Maybe Michelle was into that scene as well??

Ok I just thought of something. The area where Michelle's hummer was found was near a drug neighborhood. Could Michelle have been stopping by for something and got more than she bargained for? What if she really did leave Dale's and head straight for a quick pickup. Does she have a drug history at all?

What if she was abducted/killed in that area and someone looked through her phone and saw Waterford in there from earlier and texted that back when asked where she was?

I don't think so for two reasons. One, there is no drug history as far as we know. And she worked as a bartender in a very popular bar. She would not need to go to a sketchy area and buy anything, imo. She could have anything she wanted through her work connections probably.

Also, I have never heard of a random abduxctor or drug dealer taking the victims phone to reply to a text. imoo

I guess you just keep repeating the same answer.. Round and round we go.. There is no ticking time clock that these detectives and officers are working under.. Their naming him a suspect publicly started no ticking of the clock either.. These officers are not worried about armchair sleuths believing or NOT believing that they've got a shred of evidence.. The only ticking clock here that these investigators are working against is the one that's concerning Michelle's precious family and wanting them to have closure.. There's a method to their madness and it hasn't a damn thing to do with us, who think they need to get on the ball and arrest him yesterday..

Without a doubt these investigators have got what it takes to charge and arrest Dale but as several people before me have so eloquently and effeciently told us repeatedly there are two parts to this case the officers and investigators in LE.. And phase two the DAs office in charge of prosecuting those charges.. They work hand in hand and it is a very real process of LE staying in contact with the DAs office and sharing the advancements of this investigation along the way.. The DAs office recognizes fully that by terms of the law there is more than enough present for LE to complete their phase 1 of the case by arresting the suspect.. But theres a helluva alot more at stake that a ticking clock does immediately start ticking the very minute the suspect is arrested..

The DA would not be doing their job if they did not keep telling LE that they're job is not yet finished.. Get back at it and come back to us when you've got a, b, and c.. And you better believe that a, b, and c are the key pieces that are known by name.. These officers are not going to do a shi**y job or inadequate job and say screw off to the DA.. That would serve no one ESPECIALLY NOT OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM!!.. These officers know exactly what they're doing and there is very good reason for it.. It's called a thorough investigation that is then brought to the DA, the DA says you've done your job arrest the suspect, and we move to phase 2 where the DA is on this ticking time clock that many mistakenly believe that LE is on.. They're not..

The evidence is there for an arrest, that I have no doubt!!..what is not understood about that the DA, what their role is, and how they are hand in hand with LE ensuring they can successfully procure a conviction of the suspect..?? It's not difficult to understand tho extremely important process that must be diligently followed with both phases completed.. Otherwise it's all for naught.. And I think Dale would be the only one pleased with that..

LE and the DA are doing a helluva a job on this case!! Especially living in the shadow of the last Orlando case that the whole world watched!! I say bravo LE and excellent job!! Keep up the good work and we'll not only have Michelle brought home but just as importantly she will have justice served on her behalf!! Her family deserves that at the very least and these officers will be the one's that see to it that justice is swiftly and firmly served on those responsible for harming Michelle!!

All jmo, tho!

Why does this bug you?

I believe she said that early on in the case so it made me feel like Dale had called crying before about his love for Michelle. (before her disapearance)

Then Dale would have had to do two things for his Mom be able to answer his phone. Leave it in plain view and have the ringer left on. Again, not buying it.

But he MIGHT have wanted it to be used while he was gone so it would work as his alibi. He did say he was at his folks house.

Funny you mention this because I've thought this since day 1. I know the area well, lived here since 87 and OBT/Oakridge is extremely high in crime, drugs, etc. Maybe she owed someone $$ or who knows. The only thing that changes my mind about this theory is the eyewitness saying they saw the same truck similar to Dale's at night in the same area the phone was found... I don't know, sometimes these tips or eyewitnesses are really really off so its hard to trust it but who would really be in that area @ night? Too much of a coincidence. Dale did drugs so maybe one of his dealers. Maybe Michelle was into that scene as well??

I think it was dumped in this area purposely to make it look like a drug addict carjacked her. I don't think she went there willingly to score drugs. She was a bartender in a very busy club. I was a bartender for years. If she was looking to score she would have done so at the club that night, imo. But there is no mention by anyone of her being into drugs.

Then Dale would have had to do two things for his Mom be able to answer his phone. Leave it in plain view and have the ringer left on. Again, not buying it.

What if he was actually there when she called but didn't want to talk? That's kind of what I figured may have happened. When you just murder someone's kid, you probably don't want to talk to them. Telling his mom to answer and say you're unavailable will stop the alarming feeling of that phone ringing over and over again, the sound of the dead woman's mama calling and trying to find the daughter who is never coming home.

I really can't see them having a ton of evidence against Dale by day ten. I'm not sure what the time frame is for a speedy trial but let's assume 6 months. So LE will not arrest Dale until they are sure they can build a case within this time frame? So I am guessing that at this point with a ton of evidence as you call it they still are not confident enough to make an arrest and come to trial within the speedy trial time frame.

It has nothing to do with confidence. It has to do with the process. Smooth said it best.

Just a thought...What if Michelle was being forced to go with someone and she was able to throw her phone out the window?

This is along the lines of one of my theories: She was being taken/forced to go to the Waterford area, managed to text the one word, got caught texting, and out the window the phone went at the first available tossing point.

We know Michelle got to DSJrs at 3:18. We have been told the phone "powered down" at 8:00. Where all, pray tell, did it ping in between? Was it tossed over the bridge much earlier, floated and remained sealed/landed on a lily pad/got swallowed by a gator like the crock swallowed the clock in Peter Pan...until succumbing to the water at 8:00? Was the battery removed until it was tossed at 8:00? Where oh where has that little phone been, and what would its trip tell us about this case?

I don't think so for two reasons. One, there is no drug history as far as we know. And she worked as a bartender in a very popular bar. She would not need to go to a sketchy area and buy anything, imo. She could have anything she wanted through her work connections probably.

Also, I have never heard of a random abduxctor or drug dealer taking the victims phone to reply to a text. imoo

Yeah I agree. Just grasping to find something that makes sense. Though what happened to Michelle is senseless. What concerns me is I can now see why police haven't arrested Dale. Unless they have some pretty darn good evidence that they are keeping close lipped, there is no way they'd secure a conviction. IMO if they had that kind of evidence, Dale would not be a free man.

Based on all the hours I have focused on this case, if I were a juror and the case were today I couldn't say guilty. Even though I STRONGLY suspect Dale was involved, I would have to go with "not guilty" based on reasonable doubt.

What if he was actually there when she called but didn't want to talk? That's kind of what I figured may have happened. When you just murder someone's kid, you probably don't want to talk to them. Telling his mom to answer and say you're unavailable will stop the alarming feeling of that phone ringing over and over again, the sound of the dead woman's mama calling and trying to find the daughter who is never coming home.

It has nothing to do with confidence. It has to do with the process. Smooth said it best.

One thing for sure will happen and that will be the people wanting to know when they are going to make an arrest. Let's hope it's sooner than later.

First of all, it's calling it close to get to the salon in Oviedo by 2:30 if she watched the show at 2:00 in Geneva. From Geneva to Oviedo: from her street to SR 46 is about 25 mph. From 46 to Seminole Woods is 45 mph. From there to just before Lockwood is 55 mph then it's back to 45 mph. Lockwood is 45 mph. That's about the only route you would take from her house to the salon. There really is no back way out of Geneva that would take her there.

Okay, so I drove this route today from Michelle's street to the salon. According to "Places" it's just about 10 miles but it took me 20 minutes.

If Sr and Jr were both involved and mom was left home to watch the twins, maybe this woman will have an attack of conscience and come clean.

Michelle's mom and even her siblings seem to be giving the Smiths wide latitude (which I admire because I'm an Irlian hot-head and I'd just call out the posse and impose street justice), but mabe there's a method to their actions. Maybe LE has even urged them not to get too hostile towards the Smiths in the hopes that one of them will WAKE UP and realize that the horror and the pain and the suffering that Michelle's is going through is bound to affect the twins.

Ok, so their son goes to prison. If they cooperate now, maybe LE can promise him a deal whereby he'll spend LIP as opposed to DP.

Maybe, just maybe, LE is trying to open up that window. Cause MHO is that this guy's going down one way or another. The question is, will he take two other people with him?

Goodnight All. Praying for Michelle and her family. Please hold them tight God and let them know you are by their sides always!

An interesting fact: Mom Smith lawyered up for her 1/2 hour subpeoned appearance in front of LE; dad (Dale Sr) did not.

Maybe she'll be the one to come clean, if she knows anything.

An interesting fact: Mom Smith lawyered up for her 1/2 hour subpeoned appearance in front of LE; dad (Dale Sr) did not.

Maybe she'll be the one to come clean, if she knows anything.

She testified shortly before the phone was found, didn't she? Hmmm I wonder... :waitasec:

My opinions only, no facts here:

I see a poster stating that Ironhorse's sighting of the Hummer was "just before 3". Can someone steer me to any post where Ironhorse has updated his information? Or at least, give me what the consensus time of the Hummer sighting by Ironhorse was- closer to 3 or closer to 4? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA