FL - Naked man killed by Police near MacArthur Causeway was eating face off victim

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/no-answers-in-naked-mans-flesh-eating-attack/1232407
first thing this am and checked the date for April 1 and made sure it was a real newspaper etc and then came here! Should have known you guys would be on it.

I have 14 yr old twin boys and so I have developed a "taste" for the Walking Dead and zombie genre in general but geez I always KNEW it couldn't really happen. So, did they have to shoot the eater in the head to kill him? The good news is the eater guy was still human so we may be safe...for a while! I know I'll be watching for any similar incidents...

Maybe the CDC stuff WASN'T a joke!

There are all kinds of emergencies out there that we can prepare for. Take a zombie apocalypse for example. That’s right, I said z-o-m-b-i-e a-p-o-c-a-l-y-p-s-e. You may laugh now, but when it happens you’ll be happy you read this, and hey, maybe you’ll even learn a thing or two about how to prepare for a real emergency.

http://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmatters/2011/05/preparedness-101-zombie-apocalypse/

People are actually upset that the police shot the guy...what is their preferred method of dealing with crazed face eaters-kind of obvious that a rational approach won't be effective.

On the noon news here - the guy did not get the victim's eyeballs. He tried to gouge his eyes out but didn't succeed. The victim is touch and go and may not make it.

As for the reasons - today they are saying it was an overdose of LSD - not cocaine. I'm sure they will know a whole lot more once the ME gets done with the autopsy.

And yes, people down here are upset that the cop killed the guy! Really? I can't imagine. Cop shot him 4 times because the guy wouldn't stop - even after being shot the first time.

I'm watching down here for any news and I'll let ya'll know when I hear something. They haven't released ID's of either one yet - but I can bet they know who they are.

Heck--if I was the cop i would have shot him!!!!!! So, citizens lay off the cop---he'll probably need therapy anyway!!!

Thanks so much for the update, Wise Old Owl. Aw, that poor victim...I hope he makes it! Thank goodness he still has his eyes, and I hope they aren't too badly damaged and that he will be able to see if he does indeed make it.

I can't believe that some people don't believe that shooting the attacker wasn't justified! I'm sure if they had been the victim and having their face eaten off they would have wanted the police to shoot the attacker! SHEESH! I don't understand people sometimes!

The cop could have been the next victim of this maniac. He did exactly the right thing. He should be given a medal.

The cop could have been the next victim of this maniac. He did exactly the right thing. He should be given a medal.

Not sure he should be given a medal, he just did what any sane person holding a firearm would do when faced with that situation.

Kill it.

Why it took so darn long for the EMT's to render aid....yes that is documented...it apparently took them quite a while....is a whole other story.

I wondered how the newspaper got that footage so darn fast. Turns out this happened right outside the Miami Herald paper headquarters. They must have heard about it and then scampered over to the security cameras.

Looks like they had a PTZ camera (Pan/Tilt/Zoom) outside of the building which is unusual for a parking lot, those cameras are expensive. If that cement thing hadn't been in the way the whole bloody scene probably would have been released.

Yes, it happened right outside the Herald office. Their main building is on the corner of Biscayne Blvd. and the off-ramp of the causeway. I'm sure they were thrilled such news was happening right outside their windows :sigh:

I shouldn't be surprised, but I am disappointed that they chose to release the video and pics. :(

I shouldn't be surprised, but I am disappointed that they chose to release the video and pics. :(

Why?

Because reality is too much for Americans? Americans can go to war, but the pics of the causalities are out of bounds. Americans can come home from war in caskets, but the pics of those caskets are out of bounds. Americans can kill each other every day in the most brutal ways? But the pics of the victims are out of bounds.

Why are the photos a problem? Oh. We live in a safe and sanitized society where pictures of those events are not shown. The events happen and most of us know it but they are NEVER shown. I forgot. We live in a safe society and those pictures are a crime and just downright offensive.

The guy that got his face eaten off doesn't give a darn about the photos or video, he wants his face and senses back, he wants the pain to stop. The real victims honestly don't care about the obscure unidentifiable photos that get released...they also don't care about offending the sensibilities of others. They have bigger problems to deal with.

Why?

Because reality is too much for Americans? Americans can go to war, but the pics of the causalities are out of bounds. Americans can come home from war in caskets, but the pics of those caskets are out of bounds. Americans can kill each other every day in the most brutal ways? But the pics of the victims are out of bounds.

Why are the photos a problem? Oh. We live in a safe and sanitized society where pictures of those events are not shown. The events happen and most of us know it but they are NEVER shown. I forgot. We live in a safe society and those pictures are a crime and just downright offensive.

The guy that got his face eaten off doesn't give a darn about the photos or video, he wants his face and senses back, he wants the pain to stop. The real victims honestly don't care about the obscure unidentifiable photos that get released...they also don't care about offending the sensibilities of others. They have bigger problems to deal with.

Since I am often pressed for time, I will eat my breakfast in front of my pc, while reading certain news and political forums. Some posters on one of my favorite political forums have taken to using pictures of that guy who got eaten alive by a bear as a metaphor for denying reality (that is, the guy actually believed that he could be "friends" with bears). A verbal description is not intolerable, but those photos will make you sick.

Yes, it happened right outside the Herald office. Their main building is on the corner of Biscayne Blvd. and the off-ramp of the causeway. I'm sure they were thrilled such news was happening right outside their windows :sigh:

Daisy - I've heard that the Herald has the whole attack on film but no way is that going to be released. The 6 minute video on the Herald's site is most obscured by the Metro Mover tracks (you can even see one go by during the video). But, the Herald had cameras all over that building and its probably the "next one down" from the one being shown that captured the whole thing.

I saw a posting from supposedly a woman whose mom worked at Jackson and she said that the guy was a complete mess - and that his eyes were gone - and his nose and one of his ears. So the rumors are still rampant here.

Hopefully the six o'clock news will have some new details.

Some posters on one of my favorite political forums have taken to using pictures of that guy who got eaten alive by a bear as a metaphor for denying reality (that is, the guy actually believed that he could be "friends" with bears).

The guy that thought "baby talk" could outsmart/control Grizzlies? Seeing how he was special and all?

Survival of the fittest.

The attacker has been identified:

Source: Face eating man shot by police identified
Miami police shoot, kill attacker
Published On: May 28 2012 05:12:27 PM EDT Updated On: May 28 2012 06:18:01 PM EDT
MIAMI - Sources identified the man who was shot and killed by police while biting off parts of another man's face near Downtown Miami on Saturday.

Police sources identified the man as Rudy Eugene.

**more at link - including a pic**

http://www.local10.com/news/News/So...ied/-/7659550/14244018/-/15oqpat/-/index.html

That looks like a previous mugshot!

So sad to read that the victim's face is 75-80% missing. OMG...to think of the terror and pain the victim suffered!

Not sure Joe. I've heard of bath salts but never thought they were connected to LSD. LSD (AFAIK) has always been "acid" and the bath salts are something different. But that article says these bath salts are now being called the "new LSD" - so who knows?

The channel that posted his identity said they have an interview with this guy's ex-wife. I had to run out so I didn't see it. I'm waiting for them to post it on their website.

ETA: The video of the ex-wife is in the link I posted above. The video was just added. You can't see her - she's behind the door. The video said he grew up in Miami and was also homeless. He's been "violent" for a long time.

"Bath salts" can be of a variety of ever-changing compounds - ever-changing to keep the manufacturer one step ahead of the law. While bath salts are said to produce a hallucinogenic effect and their chemical constitution might be similar to LSD, they're not the same thing. Daily Mail's headline writer might have taken a few liberties. But both are hallucinogenic in effects.

Joe, bath salts (MDVP) Erowid is always a good source on chemical make-up's of substances.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_MDPV.shtml

Actually that was one of the drugs I called in a post, and only becuse we had quite a few threads on it. Ummmm, like that guy that stole his neighbors goat to have sex with it while he was dressed in lingere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back