FL - Naked man killed by Police near MacArthur Causeway was eating face off victim

True. Like I said I haven't seen the after photos so maybe it's not possible to repair his face without a face transplant. I was thinking that it could be repaired. I guess it must be as bad as the lady that was attacked by the chimpanzee.

Obviously this man had a problem with living in society and this is only going to make it worse for him. :(

The after photos of him are stomach turning. All that is recognizeable are some of his whiskers. If he survives it wil be all uphill for him - and I can't imagine the pain he will have to endure. Considering he's homeless he obviously doesn't have a lot of money for the very expensive and very extensive procedures he would have to endure. As I feel in the cases of, for example, extensive burn victims, in this case, I feel death would actually be merciful for this horribly victimized man who was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. This is a story that will haunt me for a long, long time.

I was catching up on the posts here just now while eating a corned beef on rye sandwich.

I do not recommend this.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAAA!!! Once again, you make me laugh.

Not that the situation is funny, but sometimes we need to laugh in the face of sadness... and so on.

Another case that is going to haunt me for a very very long time. Why I never learn to NOT look at the pictures and watch the videos is beyond me.

Unless they FOUND bath salts at the scene how do they know that was the cause? Takes a while to run toxicology tests

The thing is, standard toxicology tests don't have bath salts on the panel because its too new. Same with K2. It's a pain in the butt at work because we can only know if they are on one of these substances if they (or someone with them) tell us. Obviously LE can get more extensive testing done but i wouldn't be surprised if it took longer because of this

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

The after photos of him are stomach turning. All that is recognizeable are some of his whiskers. If he survives it wil be all uphill for him - and I can't imagine the pain he will have to endure. Considering he's homeless he obviously doesn't have a lot of money for the very expensive and very extensive procedures he would have to endure. As I feel in the cases of, for example, extensive burn victims, in this case, I feel death would actually be merciful for this horribly victimized man who was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. This is a story that will haunt me for a long, long time.

I hope he can sue someone over releasing those photo's . I havent seen the pictures but is his nose gone?

I wont look at the picture as I still have issues over just reading about the 4 year old who was attacked by his father who was on pcp . I read he was doing better but that story just broke my heart.

I hope the man is able to find value in his life somewhere ,it does look bleak right now and given that he was sorta already faceless is soceity is makes the outlook of this mans life even worse. I still think alive is better then dead and I hope he feels that way as well.

I am also glad this guy didnt come across a child . I wish he would have come across an alligator instead.

Is it true that the government recently banned bath salts?

I hope he can sue someone over releasing those photo's . I havent seen the pictures but is his nose gone? *snip*

I do NOT recommend viewing the photos. His whole face is gone. Poor guy :( To be honest, in his case it may be better if they could put him out of his misery :(

I hope he can sue someone over releasing those photo's . I havent seen the pictures but is his nose gone?

Yeah nose is gone, the nasal openings in the skull are visible where the nose used to be. Most everything from the beard up appears to be gone except maybe his right eye, if he lives I hope they can save that one eye.

I've been wondering about Ecstasy. First, its a BIG TIME drug of choice down here right now. Second, had a neighbor whose 18 yr old daughter "went off" - she's been diagnosed schizophrenic. The girl had been acting odd - but not really "crazy" - KWIM? Then after one specific weekend - she just wigged out. Physically fought with her mom - cops involved - etc. She was put into a therapy house and doctors started working with her and the meds. She is almost back to being "normal" now and she says it was "that weekend" - she took a hit of "x" and, according to her, it got worse. So.....

If this guy already had some mental issues and took a hit or two of "x" - that could have thrown him over the edge.

I read yesterday that LE has pretty much tracked his actions that day. He wasn't homeless and actually had a car. He went to a friend's house early in the morning and wanted the friend to go with him to the beach (Urban Beach Weekend). Friend told him no, he had to work so he left. He parked his car illegally - tried to move it and it wouldn't start so he left it there (was later towed - that's how the cops found it). He started walking to the beach (up and over the causeway). He shed his clothes as he walked (cops went back and found them laying around). So by the time he got to Poppo he was already naked.

Now, what I want to know is from that "friend". Did he tell him he had any "goodies" with him for them to do on the beach? The guy had a history of drug abuse so I'm sure something played in there. Also, the car - he was agitated. Had to be when the car wouldn't start and he just walked away. He was one PO'd dude by the time he got to Poppo. Could be he did just snap - but the nakedness is odd. The Canadian dude didn't shed his clothes did he? I don't think so. Once someone starts shedding clothes is usually indicative of drug overdose - so now we wait for the tox reports.

No word today on how Poppo is doing. Just so sad. I imagine that hospital is jumping doing anything and everything they can. Being homeless for 40 years takes its toll - so this poor guy couldn't be a "healthy" person to start with. But he certainly is a fighter - just surviving that attack.

Ronald Poppo was a 1964 graduate of New York’s elite Stuyvesant High School before his life hit the skids . He spent the last four decades in Florida.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...t-high-school-article-1.1086770#ixzz1wNmPnsV0

yearbookpoppo.jpg

Yeah nose is gone, the nasal openings in the skull are visible where the nose used to be. Most everything from the beard up appears to be gone except maybe his right eye, if he lives I hope they can save that one eye.

Victim of chimp attack suffered similar injuries (and even worse, since her hands were also gone), survived and got a face transplant.
Although being homeless this guy likely has no funds for that.

I've been wondering about Ecstasy. First, its a BIG TIME drug of choice down here right now. Second, had a neighbor whose 18 yr old daughter "went off" - she's been diagnosed schizophrenic. The girl had been acting odd - but not really "crazy" - KWIM?

From what I have read real Ecstasy has never been linked to violence, quite the opposite in fact. It is a very mild hallucinogenic effect and overdoses are rare, dehydration from too much dancing has historically been the biggest risk which is why the users typically constantly drank bottled water. Ecstacy mellows people out much like pot does, just in different ways.

Course a lot of the stuff being SOLD as ecstacy is no longer pure MDMA especially because it is harder to get from Europe these days. Could be mixed with anything really depending on where it came from.

Ronald Poppo was a 1964 graduate of New York’s elite Stuyvesant High School before his life hit the skids . He spent the last four decades in Florida.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...t-high-school-article-1.1086770#ixzz1wNmPnsV0

yearbookpoppo.jpg

"Ronald Poppo, 65, was in the Latin Club and worked in the guidance office at Stuyvesant before his life hit the skids, his yearbook shows. According to his long record of petty arrests, he spent the last four decades in Florida."

What happened to take Mr. Poppo to Florida and the life he was living? Where is his family now? Just heart breaking.... one of the worst stories I have ever read about.

What happened to take Mr. Poppo to Florida and the life he was living?

1964 was the first year for the Viet Nam draft. Did he serve or avoid the draft in some manner? If he was a Veteran that might explain the shift in lifestyle, surely it will come out if he is.

1964 was the first year for the Viet Nam draft. Did he serve or avoid the draft in some manner? If he was a Veteran that might explain the shift in lifestyle, surely it will come out if he is.

If he was a veteran, and survived Viet Nam to end up homeless and then he survives this horrendous attack on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, I will be in awe.. I am in awe of Mr. Poppo's survival skills anyways! Good catch on the connection to Viet Name and the draft, Sonya... tragically, a LOT of veterans ended up homeless, and that has always broken my heart.

I did some quick research and apparently Dade County, Florida, has a public health trust that will cover all the costs of Mr. Poppo's health care and surgery.

Also just to clarify, the news reports say that Eugene was out partying all night in Miami beach and was walking back to the mainland (between noon and 2:00 pm) when he decided to take off his clothes and attack the first potential victim he came across. His car was found abandoned in Miami Beach and he had left his girlfriend's house at 2:00 am on Saturday.

Sounds like a combo of mental illness, compounded by drug use, lack of sleep and intense heat lead to whatever was going on in his head at the time.

Sonya, Good thought on the possible connection to Vietnam. (Please note that Vietnam is one word, not two). My husband is a Vietnam vet, who enlisted just before the war ended. He knows first hand about the atrocities our military personnel were subjected to.

Is it true that the government recently banned bath salts?

In 20 States Hopeful One. They're banned in Pennsy and were banned almost a year go the other day in Florida.

....Sonya, Good thought on the possible connection to Vietnam. (Please note that Vietnam is one word, not two). My husband is a Vietnam vet, who enlisted just before the war ended. He knows first hand about the atrocities our military personnel were subjected to.

SBM... Thanks ClaireNC, to both you and your husband! I noticed that I not only used two words, I misspelled Vietnam as "Viet Name". :blushing::blushing::blushing: I am so sorry!!! I really don't know how I did that... if anything, I KNOW about Vietnam, and I KNOW how to spell it. I paid extra-close attention to my typing on this post, so I hope it is correct! Good grief! Stupid Reannan on a stupid computer/smart phone. Bleh!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back