FL - Naked man killed by Police near MacArthur Causeway was eating face off victim

What happened in his life that he became homeless?

Isn't it sad? I've heard so many different reasons from people that are homeless by choice. Sometimes it is actually to "save" their family and they figure they'd cut them a break.

So many times out there someone or many are looking for you. My friend learned her brother was found dead when they listed his tattoo's in the newspaper. They asked her to come down to identify him. Many other homeless people knew it was him, but they needed family. He was a Vietnam Vet. They were also abandoned as little kids and left alone to survive for a fairly good length of time until neighbors caught on the mom just up and left. He had a beautiful wife, kids, sister and brother. They looked for him all the time.

Abandonment issues mess ya up for sure. He didn't know how to function in a family.

Poor Mr. Poppo. He was off the grid. Bless the poor man.

Reannan ^^ Damn Smartphones always correcting your spelling! I know it all to well, compounded by the fact that I can't see what I'm typing without my reading glasses. I've sent some pretty strange messages to people. :blushing:

From what I read earlier the docters say the infection may take his life.. where did you see photos.

From what I read earlier the docters say the infection may take his life.. where did you see photos.

They are just guessing. Chimp attack victim made it, and she lost her hands as well as her face.

The brother of the perp said he was allways a nice guy hardly drank or did hard drugs and though he understood the cop did what he had to one of the things this brother said was i wish he was alive so he could ask him why he did this ..The brother is saying its just not in his character to be violent and certinally not this ..But then again I allways wonder if he is saying that just because its his brother..

They are just guessing. Chimp attack victim made it, and she lost her hands as well as her face.

I don't think these doctors go around just guessing ya its just thier oppinion but its based on statistics that they have encountered before ...

At this point he police better HOPE hard core narcotics played a part. If it turns out drugs were NOT responsible then the kids want to experiment with those drugs will say "See it wasn't the bath salts, those stories are all lies". Parents especially want to make sure they don't tell stories like this as a warning until it is verified as it can damage credibility.

Weed isn't considered a hardcore narcotic, and this weed out here is potent. The kids also dip it with wet. Wet itself can make ya violent and nuts. So, if little Sue smokes a joint for the first time in her life and little Jason dipped it in wet you may see some horrible things. Not always, but it can be that one kid. Oh and I'm sorry they hardly ever smoke joints. They smoke blunts.

No matter if this guy did do drugs or not this isn't a story. Parents can just pull up on the internet all the other "stories" that have been verified and better yet find someone that commited the acts of violence who did do the drug. Someone closer to their ages to inform them that they had been there.

Lastly kids basically in the end make their own choice. We need to speak to them constantly. Not preach. More important we need to listen. Listen. Listen. Listen. Some kids would go do the opposite if it is confirmed this was "bath salts". They'll say "Pfffft, watch this I won't be eating nobody's face". Every kid is different. They're different each day as they grow. Again we need to educate, and listen. Not judge and preach.

Also I never leave out alcohol. Does it cause a person to eat someone's face? Not that I know of. However, these kids are using and getting in trouble big time. Or they use it and tobacco as a catch all for what is wrong in the world and their weed and LSD don't cause near as much damage as alcohol.

Seriously I feel for these kids.

The brother of the perp said he was allways a nice guy hardly drank or did hard drugs and though he understood the cop did what he had to one of the things this brother said was i wish he was alive so he could ask him why he did this ..The brother is saying its just not in his character to be violent and certinally not this ..But then again I allways wonder if he is saying that just because its his brother..

"Over the next few years, Eugene picked up seven more arrests, but none for violence. They include four marijuana arrests and one for selling drugs near a school."

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/...ul-person-former-classmate-says#ixzz1wPoUFHjy

I don't think he was ever in Vietnam. I am pretty sure press would have mentioned it otherwise.
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/30/2824786/face-eating-victim-ronald-poppo.html

It might be that it just hasn't come out yet. The news about his high school successes was just dug up and reported today.

There is some reason Mr. Poppo went from being a top student at a prestigious high school in the 1964 to becoming homeless and living on the streets by the mid-1970's.

I don't think these doctors go around just guessing ya its just thier oppinion but its based on statistics that they have encountered before ...

They have encountered these statistics before? Really? How many people have had their faces eaten off by another person?

It might be that it just hasn't come out yet. The news about his high school successes was just dug up and reported today.

There is some reason Mr. Poppo went from being a top student at a prestigious high school in the 1964 to becoming homeless and living on the streets by the mid-1970's.

It is a pretty widely know fact that veterans of the Vietnam war are often swept under the rug. They are not treated the same as veterans of WW1, WW2, Korea, Dessert Storm or Iraq, etc.

They interviewed his sister. I think she would know if he was in Vietnam or not.

They interviewed his sister. I think she would know if he was in Vietnam or not.

Thanks for the info. I missed that interview! Did she give any more insights on his life?

Thanks for the info. I missed that interview! Did she give any more insights on his life?

It's in that article. All she said is that they have not heard from him in decades. And that she is glad her mother isn't alive to see this.

How about the man with the chimp that you brought up...And I never said they didn't think he was gonna make it because thier is no skin on his face. I said it's because of the Infection and Im positive thier are statistics on or about Infections..

"Over the next few years, Eugene picked up seven more arrests, but none for violence. They include four marijuana arrests and one for selling drugs near a school."

And for what i said about him not being violent .It didn't say anything about that in the article I read about him but it did have what his brother had said I also said that could just be because It's his brother ..

Just out of curiosity what is the trouble with bath salts .I've heard of them before but I have never heard what people are doing with them ..What are they doing snorting this stuff I just have never heard of this before are alot of people doing this now as a drug ?

^^ It was a woman who was attacked by a chimp. She was in the news during the past year as having a face transplant.

As for infection, the human mouth is full of germs, so infection is a major concern. Compounded by the fact that he was laying on a dirty sidewalk for quite a while first being attacked and then after up to the time the rescue squad finally got around to attending to him.

From what I could see in the videos, it looked like the police and rescue squad were not very concerned about the care or dignity of the victim.

Also keep in mind that he was homeless, so it might have been a while since his last shower and it was hot, over 90 degrees, and humid. Both of these would lead to more rapid growth in bacteria.

FYI, here is an article that discusses "bath salts". They are synthetic drugs that are sold in some stores under the label of "bath salts", but nobody actually uses them to soften water and add scent to a tub full of water.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...bie-proves-need-to-ban-bath-salts-experts-say

I have never heard of bath salts before. There are too incidences i saw on animal planet a woman where she was attacked by a chimp and its all recorded on the 911 call her screaming .She called a friend and trainer to come over to help and when she got out of the car i think his name was Travis and he turns on her and she was killed the other woman went in the house got a knife and stabbed travis multiple times ..The other one was a man and his wife but it was the guy that was attacked tore his face off bit off quite a few fingers then the chimp bit off the mans genitals but he lived he dont look to pretty but he is alive. Being homeless the guys immune system is wont be too good which maked the Infection even woarse when your body can't fight it off. In the article I read it was talking about how the human mouth is full of germs actually i don't know if its true but i have heard that even a dog's mouth has less germs ..

Ronald Poppo was a 1964 graduate of New York’s elite Stuyvesant High School before his life hit the skids . He spent the last four decades in Florida.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...t-high-school-article-1.1086770#ixzz1wNmPnsV0

yearbookpoppo.jpg

snipped from Joe's link:

“The sad reality is there are many brilliant people who become schizophrenic and end up on the streets,” said a Stuyvesant classmate, Felix Freshwater, who became a pioneering plastic surgeon in Miami.

It does sound like it's possible that Mr. P had some type of schizophrenia. It's so sad. I have a special place in my heart for schizophrenics because I am the child of one. (he is deceased).

Prayers for him on his long journey during recovery and for his family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.
Back