FL FL - Pat Carter, 62, & Kelly Moriarty (fnd dec'd), 38, Bradenton, 17 Dec 2011

TIMELINE (I thought I would make one because this case has a lot of dates involved. Feel free to add to it, anyone!)

December 16th, 2011: Kelly Moriarty and Doris Carter last seen at Doris Carter's home (in Plant City, Florida)

December 17th, 2011
: Doris Carter's adult daughter (who lived with her mother at home) awoke and discovered Doris and Kelly were gone, as was Kelly's car.

Dec. 17
— Carter's daughter saw her mother and Moriarty leave Carter's Plant City home in Moriarty's car.

Dec. 27
— A Canadian family discovers a neatly severed leg washed ashore behind a Fourth Street South home in St. Petersburg.
The leg is cut at the thigh and ankle. Investigators believe it has been in Tampa Bay no more than two days.

The severed limb washed ashore on Dec. 27, but was not identified for three months, officials said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...missing-woman-article-1.1052073#ixzz1qoRgw8Yl

Maybe that's why we haven't heard about it? They just identified the leg and up until that point had no evidence of a crime?

And...

Kelly Moriarty, 38
Doris Carter, 62

That is quite an age difference.
Do we know what Doris' health situation is like?
Would she even be physically capable of committing this crime?
Sure shooting someone is easy enough... but dismembering a body?
I wonder how they met, they seem like a bit of an odd couple.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/article/247870/8/Agencies-joining-forces-to-solve-severed-leg-mystery

Investigators declined to elaborate,
but say they're following at least one new lead in the case of severed leg that washed ashore in St. Petersburg back on December 27th.

It appears Kelly's family is not on the mark either especially since it appears no one called Kelly to wish her a Merry Christmas/Happy New Year, or perhaps wonder why Kelly didn't call anyone to wish them a Merry Christmas/Happy New Year etc., etc.

It is a very strange case, but It seems pretty clear to me that Kelly met her demise at the hands of her gun toting companion. But that's just my opinion. The brother whom Kelly put as an emergency contact (from my sleuthing) appears to be fairly prominent in Bradenton. But, for her putting him as the contact he may have had no contact at all with her which may explain no Holiday Greetings nor being aware she was missing.
Perhaps she had been ousted by her family at some point in her life?

I agree with RO as far as Plant City is rural, but they do have a Walmart and a Starbucks! lol

Did either of them work? Why didn't someone from work call and see what was going on?

It was Christmas as I mentioned before, and no one called to see what the family was doing, even the daughter and son? Is Kelly's mom or dad alive ? Why didn't they look into it or think something may have happened. This goes for Carter as well.

What about the bills? Did the daughter have money to pay the bills since her mom was gone and the bills come in the mail and you have accounts being debit in some cases.

There was lots of signs that those kids missed, If you ask me. This whole thing stinks. I have a feeling they are both dead. If only a leg surfaced, that means there is a lot more to hunt for in the bay. I know they are working on it. She was not put in a container or bags or they came apart and the leg surfaced, maybe the fish and crabs tore apart what it was in.

I still would like to know if this woman would even be capable of dismembering and transporting a body.
I can believe she shot Kelly. Believing she dismembered her and then dumped the body is a bit harder to grasp.
Have they searched both residences? If a body was dismembered there I would think some traces of blood would be detectable somewhere.

Have just read this whole thread and I agree with the rest of you, there is definitely more to this story. Mostly regarding the daughter. First of all it has been reported that she woke up and they were gone and then someone posted that she actually saw them leave. Regardless of both this daughter lives with her mother, you would think that after a day or two you might ring mum to see if she's gone away and how long she's been gone for and definitely when she hadnt turned up for christmas you would think she would have been a tad worried.......the daughter knows something more for sure.

I just read in Kelly's link to her page, that the woman had both filed charges against eachother regarding fights. Do you think we could get that link here?

I bet some of their friends that drank with them could give LE a better picture of their relationship. If Carter killed her, she would most likely be on the run, but there are other things that look hinky and that is no one reporting them missing. We also live in a world where being gay can cause people to do hate crimes against you. So it could be any number of things at this point, but one thing we know, is Kelly is most likely dead. :(

Hi I'm new, I first heard about Doris Carter and Kelly Moriarty in the UK Daily Mail Newspaper. I also think it is very strange that Stacy Muralt and Anthony Muralt never reported Doris Carter missing all through Christmas, New Year even until the police show up at the door, then they decide to report Doris missing.
I found out that William Carter now deceased Doris's husband Manufactured Carter's Cast Nets at McLin Drive, Plant City. They apparently owned a home across the road Stacy Muralt divorced a Mr. N<modsnip> and married Anthony Muralt,
Mr. & Mrs. Carter sold the house across the road to their daughter & son-in-law for $10.00 (this is on the Hillsborough Court Records) so it looks like this daughter and son-in-law borrowed on this property and get in over their heads and the house was foreclosed on, it is gone! It looks like the couple moved in Doris's home, Anthony Muralt runs a business called Affordable Signs at McLin Drive, precision cutting equipment is involved. I checked Stacy and Anthony out and their financial troubles seemed hefty. What really shocked me was Doris Pat Carter on December 15th 2011, Plaintiff took out a Judgement for Possession Unlawful Detainer Defendants Stacy Muralt & Anthony Muralt - Doris wanted them out of her home. The two ladies go missing the next day.

Hi I'm new, I first heard about Doris Carter and Kelly Moriarty in the UK Daily Mail Newspaper. I also think it is very strange that Stacy Muralt and Anthony Muralt never reported Doris Carter missing all through Christmas, New Year even until the police show up at the door, then they decide to report Doris missing.
I found out that William Carter now deceased Doris's husband Manufactured Carter's Cast Nets at McLin Drive, Plant City. They apparently owned a home across the road Stacy Muralt divorced a Mr. N<modsnip> and married Anthony Muralt,
Mr. & Mrs. Carter sold the house across the road to their daughter & son-in-law for $10.00 (this is on the Hillsborough Court Records) so it looks like this daughter and son-in-law borrowed on this property and get in over their heads and the house was foreclosed on, it is gone! It looks like the couple moved in Doris's home, Anthony Muralt runs a business called Affordable Signs at McLin Drive, precision cutting equipment is involved. I checked Stacy and Anthony out and their financial troubles seemed hefty. What really shocked me was Doris Pat Carter on December 15th 2011, Plaintiff took out a Judgement for Possession Unlawful Detainer Defendants Stacy Muralt & Anthony Muralt - Doris wanted them out of her home. The two ladies go missing the next day.

Excellent first post. Welcome to WS.

:welcome: :welcome: Redcardinal :welcome: :welcome:

Great first post. This is the first time I have heard about a judgement. Sounds like motive to me. The wait to report her mother missing has always been a bit :waitasec: to me.

I haven't read all of the articles about this case. Has LE done a forensic eval of the home? Sounds like maybe they should check the business too.

It doesn't seem to me like LE is honing in on them based on what I have seen on Facebook. Everything looks hunky-dory and happy.

Something stuck out to me that I read back when I first heard about this case a week or two ago that I can't get out of my mind. Granted it probably means nothing, but still..

The daughter stated in an article (I'll go back and find it in a minute) something to the effect of "did my mom run off and get married and she's just afraid to tell me?" It made me think that there's a possibility that maybe her daughter didn't approve of her and Kelly's relationship at all and, because of that, maybe it was a strain in her and her daughters relationship?

Something stuck out to me that I read back when I first heard about this case a week or two ago that I can't get out of my mind. Granted it probably means nothing, but still..

The daughter stated in an article (I'll go back and find it in a minute) something to the effect of "did my mom run off and get married and she's just afraid to tell me?" It made me think that there's a possibility that maybe her daughter didn't approve of her and Kelly's relationship at all and, because of that, maybe it was a strain in her and her daughters relationship?

That's a good possibility. It seems she (SM) absolutely dotes on her own daughter from her first marriage. It could be once Kelly came into the picture, her mom changed and they became alienated from each other. SM doesn't mention a word about her mom on FB - even prior to Christmas.

That's a good possibility. It seems she (SM) absolutely dotes on her own daughter from her first marriage. It could be once Kelly came into the picture, her mom changed and they became alienated from each other. SM doesn't mention a word about her mom on FB - even prior to Christmas.

Boy, you can say that again. Lots and lots of pictures. There are two pics uploaded in Jan of her mom, but it was in a batch of lots of photos uploaded in Jan. The one with the daughter by water uploaded in Jan gave me the creeps. Just sayin'!

Thank-you! SurfieTX & Cocomod for the very nice welcome!

I saw the two photographs of Doris Carter also they are much much better than the one being shown by the news media. February 19th is the last post there are no more Posts on SM's FB page.

Did Doris Carter have a boat I wonder? Where are the ladies' handbags? cell phones?
Do they permit burn barrel burning in rural Plant City? Did Doris Carter own a car?

If you check the Pinellas Court Records you will find Doris Carter took out an Injunction May 6th 2011 against Kelly Moriarty then Kelly Moriarty takes out an Injunction against Doris Carter May 27th 2011. Very very strange a male, initials TI takes out an Injunction against Doris Carter June 10th 2011. This male has been to prison it's all on record. All 3 of these Injunctions took place on a Friday - so it sort of makes one wonder what happened on Thursday? just saying!

wow thanks redcardinal for the info you have provided, there is definitely something going on here that I think does not involve either of these women killing the other one, it is more likely about money or some form of legality

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back