FL FL - Robert, 42, Helen, 34, & Joy Sims, 12, Tallahassee, 22 Oct 1966

Appears to be another case where there may have been good suspects, but the investigation itself was misguided (for whatever reason). I think that "if" there was corruption by law enforcement to avoid pursuit of VBF due to his father's standing in the community, it's lucky for C.A. Roberts that they didn't try to frame him for the killings. Something that I've had to stay focused on, is that Larry Campbell (who blew the chance for a confession from MCF in 1987) was not the Sheriff when this happened. Therefore his motive (if true) to discourage a confession could have stemmed from having knowledge within the SO of the coverup and he did part to keep it that way. It's all speculation...but somebody still living probably knows the true story.

Mary Charles LaJoie and Vernon were on a date that night. We returned to the neighborhood at 11:07 PM that night . She let me out of her car on Gibbs at Stiles. I walked home from there, and was in my house at 11:15 PM that night. It would not be possible for me to be involved. Also my family is opposed to private ownership of guns, so we had no gun. We were never in the Sims house. We had no motive to kill anyone. No prima facie case could be made against either of us, and we could easily defend ourselves against any Leon County District Attorney foolish enough to file a case.

An Opinion: Tallahassee O Reader Writes About LCSO Sims Murder Case Investigation

April 16, 2012

Cop Reviews, Crimes, Freedom of the Press Group, Government Officials, Law Enforcement

I believe Sheriff Campbell is untruthful when he states he did not have enough for a conviction.

The 1987 video interview of the female suspect reveals the suspect saying:

“I went in there and looked at that body.”

“My God that kid with her clothes off lying on that floor…my God!”

“How could he be turned on by something like that?”

“How could he be interested in that ugly little girl?”

“I was looking at the kid lying on the floor.”

These are statements from the female suspect about the male suspect whom she married and was later divorced from. Don’t know why arrests were not made after these statements other than to protect the suspects and/or their families. This interview was in 1987 so the suspects have been at large (protected by Campbell?) 25 years after the interview. No wonder Campbell keeps this file to himself. He does not want anyone to know the truth.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This article written in 2012 and another one on this thread leads me to believe that others besides Cabbage has seen this video with a suspects comments at the sheriff's video interview.

The parents were tied up, blind folded and only shot in the head. The daughter was tied up, stabbed 7 times and shot in the head. I would suspect that the daughter was the object of the murderers because of the stabbings, and one newspaper article said her panties were pulled down to her ankles. This matches up with sheriff Campbell's theory of a sexual assault on the daughter after death possible , necrophilia and the statement made in the interview video with the female suspect.

The two suspect lived on the next street over from the cull de sac and grew up together in that neighborhood.

I would just guess that from the comments on the video if true, The female suspect assisted in tying up the three victims but did not actually do any of the killings. The three victims were put in the bedroom before they were killed. Did she walk in the bedroom after the killings and witness the dead bodies and the male suspect assaulting the dead body of the dead teenage girl? Why did the female suspect call the teenage victim an ugly little girl?

This is not the first time I have heard Mary Charles exercise her Psychic powers. Larry took 4 hours of patient interviewing before realizing that this was made up nonsence. She could not accurately describe the inside of the Sims house because she was never in that house. She enjoyed playing with Larry, but she stopped when he said he would put her in jail if she said anything that was actually incriminating.

Larry was not the Leon County District Attourney, and did not have the authority to bring a case to court (the DA needed a prima facie case to bring charges, but there was no factual case, only gossip and fear).

Thanks for the update. I wonder if MCL participated? Did she try to intervene? And what was their motive? And I wonder if his father, the criminologist, had any knowledge of his son's alleged involvement?

You cannot reopen a case that never closed. Hopefully the FDLE can find the source of the bullets from the crime scene by matching them with bullets from other crime scenes. Vernon B Fox, Jr. and Mary Charles LaJoie were never in the Sims house. Neither had access to a .38 gun. There are no facts which connect them with the Sims. They could not have been involved in the case at all. This is only false lynch mob mentality, and I am thankful that I was not hung from the pecan tree in my yard. It is unreasonable fear and prejudice.

Did MCL participate? She was the girlfriend of the second suspect VBF and later the wife. In her interview with Sheriff Campbell she claims to have been at the house that night. According to Cabbage she asked the sheriff "what happens if I confess".

Motive? Sheriff Campbell said at one time the crime was of sexual nature and necrophilia. But in 1966 sheriff Bill Joyce said the motive was not robbery or sex.

VBF's father was surely consulted in 1966 since he was head of FSU's criminology dept. But was his son mentioned in 1966 as a suspect or after the 1987 interview with MCF? If the son was a suspect in 1966 I would bet he knew about it.

As far as necrophilia, VBF's second wife died in 2012. I viewed the funeral home page and VBF posted a picture of his wife dead in the ICU. A horrible picture which I have never seen the likes before, anywhere. Why anyone would post such a picture on a memorial site or anywhere is beyond me.
I had a nightmare last night dreaming about that picture. Could not clear it out of my mind.

First of all, in that hospital bed photo, my wife is alive and fighting cancer with great courage and determination. It has nothing to do with sexual affinity for the rotting flesh of the dead. This is not Ted Bundy and his perversion. This is a loving photo taken while doctors were still hoping to give her more time. This was before she told the doctors that she was in too much pain to continue her fight against cancer. She signed the Do Not Resusitate order herself a few days later. I had gone through the death of my mother in a hospital, so I have had this experience before. I also went through it for two weeks when my grandson's brain was destroyed in a motorcycle accident and the hospital kept his body technically alive by artifical means for two weeks. And i do have photos of him which are even more heartbraking that that photo of my wife. It is not perversion, nor is it entertainment like the TV show about the Walking Dead. Many people have photos of their loved ones funeral showing the remains in a casket. This is not love of death, nor love of dead bodies, it is just a memorial for a lost love.

Also it would be foolish to consult my dad about a crime scene or detective procedures in a homicide case. He was an expert on prisons and treatment of inmates. He was a Deputy Warden at the State Prison of Southern Michigan and the Prison Psychologist before he came to FSU. Yes he was a world class corrections expert, but law enforcement people would call him a jailer. We did not have guns in the house, but as a youngster I visited with many inmate trustees who worked at our house and at nearby prison property. I played chinese checkers every weekend with a nice old man who was serving two consecutive life sentences for murder. It was not your average childhood, and I learned many things abour what not to get involved in from my inmate friends. Perhaps that made me seem weird to my neighbors.

There was no molestation investigation, and no such charges were pending. You will never get any DA or law enforcement agency to provide documents supporting such claims. I was not discharged from the military for schitzophrenia. No military hospital would discharge someone and give them treatment drugs without supervision. So it cannot even be believed by reasonable people. No military medical facility would provide documentation of this diagnosis and treatment. These kind of false and hurtful statements could be grounds for a defamation lawsuit. It would be wise to edit out such statements. The only purpose of these false claims is to support a lynch mob mentality.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...sims-murders-posts-musings-internet/87621126/
July 27 2016
A man described as the main suspect in the 50-year-old investigation into the Sims murders has been commenting prolifically online recently, apparently contradicting the story he first told police.

A memo submitted to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement by former Assistant State Attorney Jeremy Mutz, who was fired Monday, say the man’s writings “contradicts his prior accounts, contradicts his girlfriend’s statements and makes statements that put him in conflict with hard evidence.”

On Tuesday, Meggs and Leon County Sheriff Mike Wood said physical evidence will likely be the link that could solve the decades-old case. That evidence has been submitted to an FDLE lab for forensic testing. Meggs said progress is being made in the case.

Mutz's memo makes three points (but does not give specific details):

1) contradicts his prior statements.

2) contradicts his girlfriend's statements.

3) makes statements that put him in conflict with hard evidence.

I will attempt to answer, but without knowing exactly what Mutz's said:

1) I am much freer to talk about my premarital sexual relationship with Mary Charles (since both my parents are now dead)

2) Mary Charles's video statement, "My God that kid with her clothes off..." contradicts Larry Campbell's account of her in pajamas (or nighties) with her hands tied and her ankles tied.
Her statement, "How could he be turned on by something like that," I totally and completely deny.
Her statement, "How could he be interested in that ugly little girl," I assert that l never was interested in her, and did not even know that she existed before the murders were reported.
There were other totally false statements about me that she gave to the police and others which were unbelievable in their meanness and made me appear to be a night prowling pediphile. I completely deny all of those accusations.

3) I read in the Tallahassee Democrat that Mr Sims kept a loaded shotgun behind his bedroom door, and I believe that to be true. If it was a false report, then there is hard evidence that Mr Sims did not keep a loaded shotgun at the ready in his house, and my belief was wrong.

Regardless of these details, I had nothing to do with the Sims murders. I was not at the crime scene. I did not have the murder weapon(s). I never invaded the Sims home. I was never fixated on the Sims girls. I never prowled the neighborhood attached night looking for sexual gratification. (I was having sex with Mary Charles other adult women several times a week.) I never thought that any other family was better than mine.

An hour long documentary on the case was just released. I had not heard of this one (which isn't surprising because there doesn't seem to be much out there about it). I found it baffling and unsettling.

[video=vimeo;189936003]https://vimeo.com/189936003[/video]

Can you give us the name of the documentary and where we can see it? Thanks.

I linked it in my post but it looks like it doesn't work if you don't have Flash activated.

I will try to just link it - but to find it just search

vimeo 641 muriel court

It is available to watch for free from the creators.

vimeo.com/189936003

An hour long documentary on the case was just released. I had not heard of this one (which isn't surprising because there doesn't seem to be much out there about it). I found it baffling and unsettling.

[video=vimeo;189936003]https://vimeo.com/189936003[/video]

They did a good job on this documentary. The BIG question is “why” doesn’t this have a different ending? Just because this case is 51 years old doesn’t make it unimportant for law enforcement to resolve - and it probably could’ve / should’ve been. Do they just get to a point where they just give up and hope for a confession???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QUESTION: Re-reviewing this case, and an area I’m not seeing clarification on is this: Did the Sims’ file a report with police regarding allegations of VBF peeping in windows etc at Joy? If not, where did this allegation start? Does anybody have info on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping again... one day may there be justice for this family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back