GUILTY FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF is right Poco. I have a feeling this case is going to be batsh** weird.

I have no idea what that means but it sounds good for now. Tomorrow, I may ban myself for it.

Goodnight . . . Again.

:

:woohoo: :dance: :woohoo: :dance::woohoo: :dance::woohoo: :dance: :woohoo:​

This bears repeating!!

WTF is right Poco. I have a feeling this case is going to be batsh** weird.

hi guys.....7.40pm here in australia and I have been reading thru this post for the last hour and yay......one found alive.......

And excellent stuff girls (and guys....but am assuming most are girls) it must make you feel proud that you had a helping hand....

but since this has happened before with the babysitter its going to be interesting to see just what the intentions were...

What a wonderful way to start the day, with a smile on my face and and wanting to start skipping around (yet I will not in front of others! too old!)

Thanks for update!

Start the day??? No please not yet!! Haven't been to bed yet!!

Here's the pic of Paul Baker, at the time he went missing under Susan's watch:
http://www.charleyproject.org/images/b/baker_paul.jpg

And an age-enhanced one of what he'd look like today
http://www.charleyproject.org/images/b/baker_paul_ap.jpg

What an adorable little boy and a nice looking young man. Praying for Paul's mom, as I'm sure this story has just churned up the horrific memories of her boy going missing. :praying: I wish he could be found alive somewhere, too!

ETA: Paul's thread on WS
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59981&highlight=paul+baker

Sleuthers, you'll never see a more moving, lovely, wonderful picture than this one of Shannon at the news conference..

http://img59.yfrog.com/img59/7329/rr2.jpg

If you ever wonder why you're here, this is it. Sleep well, little Shannon, and know the world loves you.

Aw thanks, doggies. Sleeping like ... well ... a baby!
A real precious Lil Babydoll! :angel:

hi guys.....7.40pm here in australia and I have been reading thru this post for the last hour and yay......one found alive.......

And excellent stuff girls (and guys....but am assuming most are girls) it must make you feel proud that you had a helping hand....

but since this has happened before with the babysitter its going to be interesting to see just what the intentions were...

It surely will. What kind of heinous person A) puts a baby in a box and under the bed. B) perpetrates this kind of hoax for 5 days, leading people to believe a mother caused harm to a child, you were hiding in your own home all that time!! :waitasec:
:loser: +++++ :doh: +++++ :bigstick:​

Oh wow.. Look here at Shannon ..........Lots of pictures here ....

http://www.fosterfollynews.com/news/2009Nov5BabyShannonFoundUnderBed.php

There wasn't a dry eye in the room early Thursday morning when Washington County Sheriff Bobby Haddock carried bright-eyed 7 month Shannon Lea Dedrick into the press conference held to announce the baby had been recovered.

Haddock said the baby was found by Detective Kenny Brock in a box under a bed at the home of Susan E. and James Arthur Baker, 3395 Orange Hill Road, southeast of Chipley. Susan Baker was a babysitter used by Crystina Mercer and Rusty Dedrick (Shannon's parents), and according to Rusty Dedrick's sister was considered a member of the family.

Haddock said recovery of the infant came about 9:55 p.m. Wednesday night after Susan Baker gave deputies permission to search the Baker residence.

Waited till SB gave permission!!!!! WTF?????
I do not understand why they waited so long??? could they not get a search warrant from a judge??? they just waited till SB gave up all day long.??? I am sure a judge would of gave them search warrant and an emergency one at that.. I just don't get that....

Just woke to the BEST news!!!! I can't even think right now...but WOW!!!!

Thank heaven this case was solved in ssuch a short time. In these short few days I have seen such super sleuthering - WAY TO GO EASTCOAST!!!!! - and compassion - FLMOM (Ithink is right) for offering your home - to others for wanting to help Shannon's TX family - and now baby Shannon found alive!!

Kudos to all LE, Searchers and ORB who helped the searchers!!! And to CLEO and anyone else that notified authorities!!!!!

Welcome home Baby Shannon!!!!!

going back to crying and coffee now, and wishing for more mornings like this....

Good morning to everyone and I must say it is a very good morning! What wonderful news to wake up to. Little Shannon being found alive. After so much heartbreak with Somer and Elizabeth's deaths my heart and head just did not think I could keep following these cases. I was praying for a miracle, something good would have to happen and it did.

I think the Sleuthers here were awesome with their finds and informing LE of the past case and charges against SB. The news reported that LE knew about SB and her previous history in SC. maybe they did, maybe they did'nt. I do think though the Sleuthers brought it more to forefront and by lunch time yesterday LE was all over their house.
Maybe they did have the information and just did not take the time to read the reports because they were too busy searching for Shannon. I think giving them a little nudge they went back and looked and a precious baby was found safe.

Saying a prayer for all the wonderful posters at Websleuths. Ya'll just never gave up searching for clues to assist LE locate Baby Shannon.:praying: jmo

Wow - this is such great news to wake up to!!!:)

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Ouch I think I hurt myself (smile). East Coast, Cleo, Tricia WAY TO GO> I Love waking up w/you guys.

I wonder what REALLY went on. The baby-sitter, her husband, and THE CHILD'S MOTHER are being charged.

:woohoo:
OH THANK YOU JESUS!
WHAT GREAT NEWS TO AWAKE TO THIS MORNING!

Does anyone have a link to video of the presser from early this morning? I can't find one anywhere. Surely some news station did video.

TIA

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,571888,00.html

Sheriff Haddock:
"It was a very emotional for us, because once got her to hospital, we called our wives and every one of us was crying. Grown men crying. It's just such a relief" that the child was found, he said. "We've had missing children cases in the past, but nothing like this."

I'm so happy for these officers. This has me crying all over again.

This is awesome news and I am so very happy this baby was found alive. :dance: This is my opinion only but I don't think SB is a very nice person!!!

This case reminds me so much of the one here in the UK not so long back, that little was 8 i think, she too was a shannon, shannon matthews, she was found under her uncles bed, her mother had been having an affair with her boyfriends uncle ( who had been hiding shannon) and they had organized a fake kidnapp situation between themselves to get money from well wishes, it wouldnt surprise me if that was the case here. So glad the wee soul was found safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean