GUILTY FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
as a guest for almost a year, i finally decided to make it official, and join! I just wanted to post and tell you all that i am in awe of each one of themembers that actively participate in these mysteries! The work all of you did with this case most definately aided le in the safe recovery of this sweet & awesome child! Kudos to everyone here.

I truly am proud to be a member of this group.
Red

welcome!

If it is true, as Susan Baker tells us, that Tina didn't want her baby anymore and agreed to give Susan the baby, why would Susan Baker hide the baby in a box under the bed? When it was announced that the baby was missing, if Susan Baker is telling the truth, why wouldn't she let LE know that Tina didn't want her baby and gave her to Susan Baker? What is it that Susan Baker was hiding? her past?

I do hope LE and all involved are smart enough to figure this out. I think a kindergarten student could understand there is something wrong with this picture.

Also, as an NICU/ped nurse, the baby looks fine to me. She doesn't look abused. Her head does appear to be large and her close set eyes (just like her mother's) emphasize this, as well as her lack of hair. Take a look at pics of Nancy Grace's twins and tell me they didn't have large heads; with hair their heads don't seem so large.

If Tina and the dad were abusing this baby, I think there would be some obvious signs. Sure, she just stares ahead, what do you expect, she is 7 months old and if she doesn't know you, you probably won't get a smile until you work with her to gain her trust. At this age, she should start to show separation anxiety when with strangers. Maybe the mothers problems are such that she doesn't smile much or interact much with the baby - that wouldn't be abuse.

If LE doesn't figure out who's lying here, shame on them.

Thanks for letting me rant.

I was wondering the same thing. If TM gave SB permission to keep Shannon, the second she found out TM reported the baby missing she should have been on the phone with LE. Instead she told the media LE needed to make TM tell them what she did with Shannon.
I don't agree with the doc, my niece had a really large head and we always thought something was wrong with her. Now that she has hair, she looks perfectly normal. I read that Shannon was also premature, which would have a big impact on her size/weight. She seemed alert and inquisitive to me, absolutely precious with the entire Sheriff's dept wrapped around her little finger.
I wasn't concerned that she didn't smile, considering she was in a room full of complete strangers, I was a little surprised that she didn't cry though. I thought maybe she wasn't verbal until I heard her 'talking' to the investigator.

Honestly, it always bugged me that NG's twins never smiled in all the pics & videos she posted. I have noticed a little more animation lately.
Could this be due to prematurity ?

I am wondering about something.

Susan Baker only served 80 days of her sentence on the child abuse charges. The rest of her 10 year sentence was suspended.

Do we know if she was placed on parole or probation when she was released from custody?

I am thinking (hoping) that if she is still under supervision, she will likely have to complete the remainder of that 10 year sentence on top of whatever sentence she is given for the latest charges.

http://www.newsherald.com/

Sure looks like a coffin to me:furious:

I have the exact same cedar chest.
It belonged to my Grandmother.
She gave it to me years and years before she passed away.
Mr. Amity put rolling castors on the bottom. We can roll it around wherever it's needed or to get it out of the way.
I added a couple small throw pillows on top, secured with Velcro.
We use it as a combined storage for VHS's, CD's, Games and as an extra seating 'bench' for the grandkidlets as the Velcro holds the pillows like seat cushions and makes it more comfy for sitting on.

MikeysMom,
I clicked the link you posted, saw the cedar chest, looked over at mine and immediately got shivers up the back of my neck.

I went over and really took a good, hard look at my cedar chest and I can see it as a temporary, VERY temporary safe (high sides) sleeping place for a visiting baby....VERY short term/temporary....NEVER, EVER with the lid closed.

But I can't stop shuddering at the thought of it being a permanent (12 hour or more) container for a little baby WITH the lid closed....OMG, I'm getting nauseous typing this.

redcar1 WELCOME! We look forward to your info, your suggestions, your opinions. You will find this a nice home, and you'll never ever lack for intelligent conversation.
Hope you like us.

I was wondering the same thing. If TM gave SB permission to keep Shannon, the second she found out TM reported the baby missing she should have been on the phone with LE. Instead she told the media LE needed to make TM tell them what she did with Shannon.
I don't agree with the doc, my niece had a really large head and we always thought something was wrong with her. Now that she has hair, she looks perfectly normal. I read that Shannon was also premature, which would have a big impact on her size/weight. She seemed alert and inquisitive to me, absolutely precious with the entire Sheriff's dept wrapped around her little finger.
I wasn't concerned that she didn't smile, considering she was in a room full of complete strangers, I was a little surprised that she didn't cry though. I thought maybe she wasn't verbal until I heard her 'talking' to the investigator.

Honestly, it always bugged me that NG's twins never smiled in all the pics & videos she posted. I have noticed a little more animation lately.
Could this be due to prematurity ?

What really surprised me when I watched the video all four times (and cried each time :) ).......
Around the six month time is when my babies all decided strangers/unrecognizable faces, were not a good thing.
Someone would get close to coo at the baby and the baby's lip would start trembling and before I knew it the baby (any of them) would start looking around the room for me or Mr. Amity, total fear on their faces and if I didn't reach them in time, a full-blown cry.

Yet Little Precious Shannon was in the arms of strangers, a room full of unfamiliar faces, very unfamiliar sounds, and never flinched, never looked afraid....just very wide-eyed like she was taking it all in.

Just a precious little girl!

I'm not being ugly here I promise, but the first thing I thought of when I saw TM's picture earlier tonight was down syndrome. Did anybody else think that? Or, am I being ugly without tying to?

Oh Dear........I must've been making dinner or cleaning up after dinner and missed the pic.
Could you provide a link to a pic of TM, please?
Thanks muches!

Yet Little Precious Shannon was in the arms of strangers, a room full of unfamiliar faces, very unfamiliar sounds, and never flinched, never looked afraid....just very wide-eyed like she was taking it all in.

Yes, that video convinced me that Shannon has never been physically abused by any adult human. She was perfectly confident that they were all safe and interesting -- no fear or hesitation at all, as she was passed around, cooed at, had photographers poke cameras in her face at very close range, etc. She doesn't appear to have had any life experiences that make her wary of full-size humans.

I really hope she AND her mother can end up living with Tina's mother, who seems to totally have her act together, and wanted to have them both live with her in the first place, as she'd accurately assessed that Tina wasn't capable of being a responsible parent.

I have the exact same cedar chest.
It belonged to my Grandmother.
She gave it to me years and years before she passed away.
Mr. Amity put rolling castors on the bottom. We can roll it around wherever it's needed or to get it out of the way.
I added a couple small throw pillows on top, secured with Velcro.
We use it as a combined storage for VHS's, CD's, Games and as an extra seating 'bench' for the grandkidlets as the Velcro holds the pillows like seat cushions and makes it more comfy for sitting on.

MikeysMom,
I clicked the link you posted, saw the cedar chest, looked over at mine and immediately got shivers up the back of my neck.

I went over and really took a good, hard look at my cedar chest and I can see it as a temporary, VERY temporary safe (high sides) sleeping place for a visiting baby....VERY short term/temporary....NEVER, EVER with the lid closed.

But I can't stop shuddering at the thought of it being a permanent (12 hour or more) container for a little baby WITH the lid closed....OMG, I'm getting nauseous typing this.

I inherited my grandma's cedar chest too....I refinished it because it was greenish antiqued finish and it looks too much like the pic....AND this one snaps closed very easily..hard to explain...it has to have a brace to keep it open and I remember this from a child point of view....little fingers got hurt...

What really surprised me when I watched the video all four times (and cried each time :) ).......
Around the six month time is when my babies all decided strangers/unrecognizable faces, were not a good thing.
Someone would get close to coo at the baby and the baby's lip would start trembling and before I knew it the baby (any of them) would start looking around the room for me or Mr. Amity, total fear on their faces and if I didn't reach them in time, a full-blown cry.

Just a precious little girl!

She should have some sort of reaction and she doesn't. She is very stoic. She looks healthy, but at 7 months, she should have some sort of emotion. Crying? Cooing? Smiling? I noticed in every picture that is shown she is not smiling. She is adorable, though! It just makes you wonder.

O/T
For those wondering, my dryer apparently caught fire because my house was last rewired about 1940 and my breakers are so outdated they are technically illegal. (In my defense, I didn't know that.) So I need a wiring overhaul, some carpet, paint, drywall, and a new dryer.
Consider this a public service announcement to check the dates on your breakers, and find out how long they were intended to last.

O.T.
OMG OMG....I just scrolled back a few pages to find out what happened and I'm sooooo thankful to read you nor anyone in your family were hurt but what a scary scenario!!!!

If you have homeowner's insurance, most of those upgrades to your home should be covered, right?

Coming from a similar experience....when the wiring is redone, make sure they (electricians) run dedicated lines to each of your large appliances: Dryer/Washer, Microwave, Fridge, etc.
(normal running and defrosting zaps a lot of electricity-turn on microwave to pop some popcorn and someone is going to end up out at the breaker box with a flashlight)
Otherwise you'll be tripping circuit breakers left and right. Don't ask me how I know this.:bang:

Country Girl,
Thank you sooooo much!
She certainly doesn't look too happy, does she.
As opposed to SB, who looks as if she's been asked if she would like a cuppa and can't make up her mind if she wants cream and sugar.

Amity,
You made me actually LOL , cream or sugar. :clap::laugh::D

Yes, that video convinced me that Shannon has never been physically abused by any adult human. She was perfectly confident that they were all safe and interesting -- no fear or hesitation at all, as she was passed around, cooed at, had photographers poke cameras in her face at very close range, etc. She doesn't appear to have had any life experiences that make her wary of full-size humans.

I really hope she AND her mother can end up living with Tina's mother, who seems to totally have her act together, and wanted to have them both live with her in the first place, as she'd accurately assessed that Tina wasn't capable of being a responsible parent.

Excellent point. I forgot about the 'flinch factor'. Some child welfare investigators will move their hand quickly towards a child's face, if the child doesn't flinch or show fear it's a good indicator that they AREN'T abused.
The fact that she acted as you described is what apparently caused the entire Sheriff's department to fall completely and totally in love with her. I have a feeling that LE will be butting in on this child's behalf if necessary.

Every time I see references to the 'cedar chest' that Shannon was kept in, my mind immediately reads 'casket'.
I think Susan needs to control. Wonder what's happened to her in the past year that meant she needed another child. Because I truly do not believe it was Shannon she wanted-I think it was a crime of opportunity. Shannon was just there, plain and simple-oh, and an easy prey.

Susan reminds me of my deceased ex-mother-in-law, shared the bejeezus out of me. I think she was an undiagnosed schizophrenic, seriously.

She should have some sort of reaction and she doesn't. She is very stoic. She looks healthy, but at 7 months, she should have some sort of emotion. Crying? Cooing? Smiling? I noticed in every picture that is shown she is not smiling. She is adorable, though! It just makes you wonder.

Babies learn to smile, from seeing others smile at them. Maybe she hasn't really learned yet. Mom may have some problem with expressing emotion, or medication (if she is taking any) may cause her to have a flat affect.

Been out with my boys all day (field trip) and then cleaning. While catching up on sports, hubby saw the WONDERFUL news about baby Shannon and yelled in to tell me. I ran into the room and made him rewind (DVR) so I could watch it again -- then I jumped up and down in the middle of the front room. Yay!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname