FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be careful what you post about innocent people (example is SC on the MPR). I believe we were warned about sleuthing them and posting what we find on this thread (names of family members, addresses, etc.)

And I promise, this is the last time I'm going to say anything. I know many of you are tired of hearing it.

I have mentioned this several times on this thread. Just because someone had sex with an underage girl doesn't give him a free pass in my mind.

I say this because

1. I've know the term "jail bait" for 40 years, so this is nothing new or surprising.

2. There are plenty ,and I mean plenty of guys, that have sex with an underage girl and NOTHING ever ever happens to them. No one reports it, nobody cares.

3. So maybe in some cases, some poor guy gets nailed. But of the ones who do get caught and convicted, I am wondering if something more is going on-a lot more.

Then they get a free pass and say they are "Romeo and Juliet". Sorry, I don't buy it, necessarily always.

4. Pervs don't stay to the same age group, necessarily. Philip Garrido, the Hillside Stranglers, and Ted Bundy are ones that come quickly to mind.

No one here has been able to link HS to DT. DT has the S name in her family, but no one has made a connection..

Is there an RSO in DT's family?

I dont know about the "registered" part, but IIRC DT had mentioned some disturbing things about an uncle when she was growing up.

She also mentioned that if someone is molested, they either grow up being on either FAR end of the spectrum...meaning extremely sexually active or not ever wanting to be touched.

It wasn't a pleasant convo obvi....but it just made me think about it when I saw that last name.

The family members of these victims are being bombarded all day long by TV reporters wanting an interview. While most do not pay for interviews, they get around that by paying for the use of the photos.

There are contracts involved as far as the use of the photos and in what context they can be used, so in that regard it makes sense for them to hire an entertainment lawyer. I understand the aversion to "entertainment" in connection with the murders of these children, but that is the field of law. I don't know what word would be more appropriate and make it less awful.

JMO

Also, from the video in which DT turned to her lawyer and said (paraphrased) Is it okay that I answered that? ... she also needs guidance on what she can say ... although it was a little late to ask after you've already said it.

To correct myself... TX LE has contacted OP LE, does not appear OPLE has asked for their help or to verify his whereabouts... TX LE is now contacting them.. either way, it appears this particular RSO comes and goes as he pleases.. cross state lines, thru all the southern states... AL, GA, FL.. Also, IMO, he knows the system.. and how to manipulate it..

OP LE didn't ask? I suppose somebody told OP LE it wasn't CWG and he's in Texas.

Are you kidding me?

I dont know about the "registered" part, but IIRC DT had mentioned some disturbing things about an uncle when she was growing up.

She also mentioned that if someone is molested, they either grow up being on either FAR end of the spectrum...meaning extremely sexually active or not ever wanting to be touched.

It wasn't a pleasant convo obvi....but it just made me think about it when I saw that last name.

Any ideas about the uncle? Name, who , what , where? Do you mean the "S" last name of the RSO?

I'm at work so have to be done. That's why I am firing stuff off.

My friend's child was kidnapped many years ago never to be seen again. They are dignified people. I can no more imagine them hiring an attorney as I can see myself walking on the moon.

I'm sorry. Really really meditate upon this. It is so gross that I can hardly stand it.

Hire a top notch FBI guy to help you. Send the money to a foundation who already is doing this work. It nauseates me, to tell you the truth. It turns this tragedy into a circus and leaves a bad taste in many people. It's like your 15 minutes of fame.

OP LE didn't ask? I suppose somebody told OP LE it wasn't CWG and he's in Texas.

Are you kidding me?

WELL they DO want us to believe they operate on the theroy that "someone said" they saw CWG in the area.....don't they?

4mer - do you recall DT ever mentioning having family in Callahan Florida?

Any ideas about the uncle? Name, who , what , where? Do you mean the "S" last name of the RSO?

Sorry, I don't recall her mentioning his name, but the last name with the S in on her moms side of the family.

I wish I could tell you more, but I really only remember the key things....uncle, incident(s), and her strange ablility to talk about it so openly...it was odd.

This HS guy, is he an RSO? (Im still catching up)

I'm at work so have to be done. That's why I am firing stuff off.

My friend's child was kidnapped many years ago never to be seen again. They are dignified people. I can no more imagine them hiring an attorney as I can see myself walking on the moon.

I'm sorry. Really really meditate upon this. It is so gross that I can hardly stand it.

Hire a top notch FBI guy to help you. Send the money to a foundation who already is doing this work. It nauseates me, to tell you the truth. It turns this tragedy into a circus and leaves a bad taste in many people. It's like your 15 minutes of fame.

And...if you want to get sicker...consider that this Florida attorney has a NEW client...the father of poor little Shaynia Davis in NC....
he isn't even licensed to practice there from what I can see

what next...I expect to see Larry Garrison there with a book deal...can Lifetime Network be planning a movie deal?? Just sick

there are too many "foundations" that do nothing and go nowhere....a grieving family is usually not in a position to shoulder that responsibility...some later are very capable...like Mark Klaas but really most are not. I am sick of seeing these tragedies turned into 15 minutes of fame

Plus there are real existing foundations out there...that could use this support for real results.

I have mentioned this several times on this thread. Just because someone had sex with an underage girl doesn't give him a free pass in my mind.

I say this because

1. I've know the term "jail bait" for 40 years, so this is nothing new or surprising.

2. There are plenty ,and I mean plenty of guys, that have sex with an underage girl and NOTHING ever ever happens to them. No one reports it, nobody cares.

3. So maybe in some cases, some poor guy gets nailed. But of the ones who do get caught and convicted, I am wondering if something more is going on-a lot more.

Then they get a free pass and say they are "Romeo and Juliet". Sorry, I don't buy it, necessarily always.

4. Pervs don't stay to the same age group, necessarily. Philip Garrido, the Hillside Stranglers, and Ted Bundy are ones that come quickly to mind.

I'm glad you make this point because isn't there a chance CWG was about that age when he offended ???

Do I have this right??? He was adjudicated in 1992.....would have made him 19/20 - so when did this original offense occur & where is the information detailing his original charges?!?!?! Anyone find any of his court records in Montgomery TX??? Or, if he WAS under 18 when he was charged would the records not be on public record????

Don't tell me there's another back log!

Good morning sleuths. Just got caught up on the thread as I have been more closely following the Elizabeth Olten and Shaniya Davis threads.

RE: entertainment laywers?!? Same one representing Somer's mom??
Yes, it is the same one. I just had this same conversation over on the Shaniya thread. As I said over there, I don't fault these folks for having representation while manuavering through the unfamiliar world of all the media spotlight, interviews, etc.

What troubles me is that a whole cottage industry is popping up in recent years of laywers who specialize in representing the interests of families of murder victims, etc. while in the public eye. It may be a necessary new function for attorneys to fill in this media driven age but it still troubles me and makes me feel like I want a shower.

this, as are all my posts, simply my :twocents:

Yes, and it was hinted that Fl does not want to extradite him

Sad, why don't you call CCSO and tell them about your phone conversation with TX? See what they tell you.....get their side of the story regarding CWG.

I'm glad you make this point because isn't there a chance CWG was about that age when he offended ???

Do I have this right??? He was adjudicated in 1992.....would have made him 19/20 - so when did this original offense occur & where is the information detailing his original charges?!?!?! Anyone find any of his court records in Montgomery TX??? Or, if he WAS under 18 when he was charged would the records not be on public record????

Don't tell me there's another back log!

I have asked and I have been trying to find CWG's original offense. I know what is listed.
I just wonder if he was 19, and had a 16 or 17 year old girlfriend. I won't give my opinions about this, I just think this is different than someone who targets victims under the age of 12 (i used the age 12 because most law language states under 12, or over 12).

There are plenty of perps who do heinous things to children over 12, and plenty of underage perps who do horrendous things to children of any age. I am not defending anyone.

Are you kidding me?

IMO it doesnt appear OPLE asked for any help with his alibi... told me OPLE detective assigned to CWG case is NOW contacting OPLE. So after ST's phone call. I dont want them to be put on a "gag" order too.. grrrr.. hope that doesnt happen.

I am also hoping that OPLE has not followed up on him cause they KNOW who perp is... only reasoning I can come up with that makes sense to my tiny brain...

Suggesting that nobody quote in its entirety, but instead use the Quote button and delete everything but the parts you want to discuss. This post is huge.

List of FACTS in Somer's case: Version I
Credit for compiling goes to: [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4387978&postcount=757"]SharetheLight[/ame], Doggies, Dee10, MammaD, and Many Others.

These are facts as reported by media and/or from the MPR. Tried to put links to source where available.

Called this version Part I so when editing time on this post is up, this can be copied and added to and we can call that one Version II and so on.

SOMER
Somer Thompson was 7 years old when she disappeared on October 19, 2009.
Somer was wearing a cranberry jumpsuit (jogging suit?) with a matching top to the bottom and pink satin stripes down the sides of arms and legs, and a black shirt underneath.
Somer's birthday is April 5, 2002.
Somer was not in the habit of wandering off, according to her mom in video (on left, scroll down in video list) Diena Thompson Addresses The Media.
Somer routinely wandered around and nobody knew where she was, according to a babysitter.
Somer wore a red ribbon in her ponytail on October 19.
AB (neighbor) drove Somer to school on October 19 and said it was a normal morning and Somer was her usual self.
Somer went to school (GPE) and left school at regular time (2:32 p.m.).
Somer was walking home with a group of kids that included sister AT and brother AT.
Something happened on the walk home and Somer ran ahead to walk alone.
An AMBER Alert was issued on Tuesday morning. It does not mention the book bag or lunchbox, but mentions her possibly wearing white hat and scarf.
Somer lived with her mom Diena Thompson, her twin brother ST, her older sister AT. (Unsure whether half-brother AC lived with them)
Somer's body was found at Chesser Island Landfill in Folkston, GA. She was tentatively identified by her clothing and a birthmark.
Somer's lunchbox and book bag (see sketches as released by LE and shown on AMW) have not been found. Details first reported on AMW November 7. (Previous reports had not mentioned description of lunchbox; backpack/book bag was described several ways, now believed to be in error, including but not limited to ""black book bag"; "pink black and white backpack with skulls, hearts, and crossbones"; purple HM backpack")

DIENA
Diena and Samuel Thompson are estranged and in the process of divorcing.
Diena has a live-in boyfriend (CPC, who goes by P).
Diena had lunch at her home on October 19 with SAP, a family friend.
Diena asked SAP to wait until the kids got home from school. (from narrative MPR, but what was he to do after that?)
Dena texts SAP around 4 p.m., asking how the kids were; SAP replied that Somer had not come home with the other kids.
Diena leaves work early to search for Somer.
Diena felt something was wrong this time, and this is why she responded quickly to news of Somer not making it home that day.
Diena calls her boyfriend, CPC aka P, at about 4:20 p.m., tells him Somer didn’t come home, and asks him to leave work to help search for her.
Diena stops at OPAA to pick up oldest son AC.
Diena flags down D/S A. Coan at the corner of Floyd Circle West and Gano, and reports Somer missing.

SAMUEL
Samuel lives in North Carolina and has not seen Somer in 2 years.
Samuel came to FL on the Sunday after Somer's disappearance.
Samuel says soot was found on Somer’s body in NG interview). (Later, he recants that statement through relative on WS because the source of this information, his sister LH, is thought to be unreliable.)

SEAN A. P. (SAP)
SAP is a close family friend of family.
SAP had lunch with Diena at her house on October 19.
SAP is asked to wait at house until kids come home from school. (from MPR narrative; not sure what he was to do after they came home)..
SAP had not been asked to do this before. This was his first time.
SAP asks where Somer is when AT and ST arrived around 3:10 p.m.
SAP sent AT to look for Somer. When she returned about 15 minutes later without her, SAP told her to look again real good before he called Diena.
SAP gets text from Diena around 4 p.m. asking how the kids were doing; he texts back that Somer did not come home with the other kids and AT is out looking for her.Diena says she will leave work and come look for Somer.
SAP opened bank account for donations to Somer’s family, and the account is in his name.

C. PERRY C.
CPC is Diena's live-in boyfriend.
CPC gets call about 4:20 p.m. from Diena who tells him Somer didn’t come home; Diena asks him to leave work to help search for her.
CPC leaves work and drives to the Horton Drive home; arrives at about 5 p.m.
CPC picks up ST (twin) at the house about 5 p.m. and goes to search for Somer.

GANO AVENUE HOUSE
This house caught fire months ago and is being restored.
Work crews have been at that house.
VD&B is the contractor working on the house.
Kyle, who works with the contractor, was there on October 19, and said that Somer came in the yard, told him that he/they were doing a good job on the house, and went back the way she came. (Thanks, MammaD!)
Kyle is the last person known to see Somer alive.
There are propane tanks surrounded by a fence about a block the house (toward school).
J., a minor, was riding his bike home when he saw Somer running around near the tanks and that she he thought she was excited but had a frown on her face.
OPAA is a park and sporting fields across the street from the house.
LE searched the house extensively on Thursday and Friday.
The Gano House was proclaimed a crime scene, as was the search area.

OTHER PEOPLE
A female neighbor who asked that her name not be reported, upon hearing of Somer’s disappearance, tells LE to check the vacant house on Gano Avenue and its dumpster. After Somer is found in the landfill, she said she wishes she would have checked it herself.

A (different?) female neighbor, when questioned about the trash pick-up day, made a comment that the trash had already been collected that day so to take that however you want to (weird comment). A member at WS [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4322499&postcount=253"]posted[/ame] that it was the woman who drove Somer to school; that would have been AB. I wasn't sure which video it is at the link provided in the post.

Houses in the vicinity of the Gano house were searched on Tuesday, October 20. The search literally hit home for schools Superintendent Ben Wortham, who lives about 100 yards from the Gano Drive spot where Somer was last seen. About 2 a.m. Tuesday, his house and many others in the vicinity were “searched from top to bottom,” Wortham said.

GARBAGE
Bruce Owens, an officer suggests to the sheriff that all trash trucks should be followed and searched so they can isolate the trash coming out of this area, the trash trucks are then followed. (Later reported that Joe Jett gets credit for this.)
Somer was found dead on October 21 in the Chesser Island Landfill in Fokston, Georgia.
LE followed the trucks to the Chesser Island Landfill.

There is at least one video of an interview with Diena that is blacked out-significant portion of interview is missing at the point where DT is recalling something from the day. (Could this just be because it was raw video and they edited out camera man movement?)

CCSO
LE searched the Gano Avenue house extensively and the men's room at OPAA briefly and came out with a bag.
An autopsy was performed, and LE knows the cause of death, but that have not released that information.
Sheriff reports only one person cleared in the investigation into Somer’s death and that is him.

RSOs
There are 161 RSOs that live within 5 miles of Somer’s home.
CWG’s name and contact info appears on the initial police report (in error as a case of mistaken identity) detailing her disappearance, along with the names of family, neighbors, and others.
The owner of VD&B has a brother who is an RSO. His name is GCV.
Since Somer disappeared many RSO’s have been arrested for failing to update their addresses.

UNRELATED BUT YET, RELATED
What was thought to be an attempted abduction 10 days before Somer's disappearance turned out not to be an attempted abduction and was not related to Somer's disappearance according to LE. Even after LE said there was no connection, reports on blue Nissans poured in to the CCSO.

A police report in the Clay County Daily indicated that 4 burglary suspects were arrested at the Thompson home. LE later said that the address was in error and gave this explanation: An officer who was at the Thompson home was called to an unrelated burglary call and made the arrest of 4 individuals but when he filed his report, he forgot to change the address. If you check the Clay County Daily for 11/21, you will find the correct information now.

CWG's name on the MPR was a result of mistaken identity according to LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52