FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI, I don't think that J A Ri boone is Harrel - I know yall were looking at that myspace. I have found evidence conflicting this. I think he is a relative though.

I'm not talking about arresting him. I am talking about that LE had all of this info about JH and he is able to go to Mississippi. He is a free agent to do as he pleases, which means that he could kill other children on the way.

This is what makes no sense to me.

I understand the legal process. I don't understand why when LE could have reason to believe that he sounds extremely hinky, that they allowed him free reign to go where he wants.

Does anyone think it would be impossible to get a court order to keep tabs on this guy with a reason to believe type of evidence given to a judge?

I don't think they could hold him in Florida, but they knew right where he was. I'm sure the LE where he was were made aware of it also.

We heard some tests had come back not long before he was arrested.

I think they arrested him on the child *advertiser censored* charges to get him into custody and they are not going to charge him with murder until they have to.
As soon as he is charged with murder, the clock starts ticking on the whole speedy trial thing.

But then my thoughts turn to this...if the Computer investigation was completed in November, why did they not arrest him then on those charges.

:waitasec:

I don't think they could hold him in Florida, but they knew right where he was. I'm sure the LE where he was were made aware of it also.

We heard some tests had come back not long before he was arrested.

I think they arrested him on the child *advertiser censored* charges to get him into custody and they are not going to charge him with murder until they have to.
As soon as he is charged with murder, the clock starts ticking on the whole speedy trial thing.

But then my thoughts turn to this...if the Computer investigation was completed in November, why did they not arrest him then on those charges.

:waitasec:

My guess is they were investigating and building a case against him regarding Somer's murder; the sheriff's response tells me this guy was probably a POI early on.

My guess is they were investigating and building a case against him regarding Somer's murder; the sheriff's response tells me this guy was probably a POI early on.

I agree...just kinda makes me nervous that he was walking umong the community for months ya know???

But I do believe they were watching him since early on and that's why we didn't hear a lot of "there's a killer on the loose" after the first couple of weeks.

IMO they knew who he was and just needed the evidence to back it up.

To hear some tests came in right before he was arrested gives me hope.

It would make sense why LE was able to clear the RSO's so quickly back in the beginning

I get the defense regarding LE. I would personally like to know if they have a backlog of computers that would result in a computer being turned over on August 10, determining on Sept 25 that it was worth looking further into and then the forensic folks not receiving the computer until October 9.

Time was of the essence with this dude. Did he know that his computer was in the hands of LE??? When was the arrest warrant issued for the child *advertiser censored* again??

I think the wheels were turning slowly-maybe that is par for the course. And maybe this will change if it turns out this guy murdered Somer. It is unfortunate that her case might have had to be the learning curve however...just sayin.

It would make sense why LE was able to clear the RSO's so quickly back in the beginning

Yes it would.

I think when they were cleared so quickly, most took that to mean there was no sexual assault on Somer.

I think that's when all the doubt started regarding DT and family.

Very sad. Then, they would not publicly clear her. Hence the hate mail and death threats.

I understand that they did not want to clear anyone because they did not want the perp to think they were watching him or that they had a clue who may have done this, but IMO that really put the family in a horrible situation on top of what they were already going through.

The whole thing is sad.

Prayers to the family.

JMO

I'm not talking about arresting him. I am talking about that LE had all of this info about JH and he is able to go to Mississippi. He is a free agent to do as he pleases, which means that he could kill other children on the way.

This is what makes no sense to me.

I understand the legal process. I don't understand why when LE could have reason to believe that he sounds extremely hinky, that they allowed him free reign to go where he wants.

Does anyone think it would be impossible to get a court order to keep tabs on this guy with a reason to believe type of evidence given to a judge?

JMO & only MOO -

FBI & U.S. Marshalls were tailing him the whole time.

You can't take away someone's freedom based on hink-factor, but you can surveil them. << my computer doesn't like that word, surveil(sp?). I mean what you do when you have someone under surveillance.

I just read under Angels recap that the girl that saw the CD's from computer needs
therapy.......so how bad were the pix????
Must be allot worse than we ever dreamed it would be.
Wonder if the LE will ever find all JH kiddy *advertiser censored*?
from when he was younger.
Was he molested as a child?
Family seems to have big dark secrets.
Did he rape others.........
I REALLY think Somer is NOT his only victim!!!

I agree passion.

Somer may be his only homicide victim...but I think he has sexaully assaulted other children before now. Maybe a family member or a friends child. But I do think there are other children out there that he has hurt.

I still can't get past this upsetting gut feeling of the back gate area of the gano park..the one across from the Arbor Circle area.

I wish someone could go and look in that area, especially where the gate would swing open where people don't walk, and include the area to the left, on the other side, past where the little stream is, behind where the property lines of the backyards of the houses are, under some leaves or brush. Something bad there..very bad feeling.

I agree passion.

Somer may be his only homicide victim...but I think he has sexaully assaulted other children before now. Maybe a family member or a friends child. But I do think there are other children out there that he has hurt.

I'm surprised that they aren't asking for any possible victims to come forward. It would be the perfect opportunity to find out if he molested other kids or took photos of other kids. This whole thing is very confusing.

Here is the point I was trying to make about LE last night by the Attorney General.

http://wokv.com/localnews/2010/02/attorney-generals-office-no-in.html

Sounds to me the attorney gereral's office is playing a bit of CYA.
IMO

The article says if CCSO would have asked for it to be rushed, they could have completed it in a week.

So, to me, this says these 2 agencies are trying to place blame on the other.

IMO every child *advertiser censored* investigation should be rushed if the CCSO requests a rush or not.

I know it's a very detailed and time comsuming process, but this involves crimes against children. Should be top priority every time IMO.

It bothers me there was never a rush put on searching his computer even though a couple of days after Somer went missing the people who had turned in the computer told the lead investigator that that they had turned in the computer and JH was living in the Gano house.

Makes me think they were not on to him early.

Sounds to me the attorney gereral's office is playing a bit of CYA.
IMO

The article says if CCSO would have asked for it to be rushed, they could have completed it in a week.

So, to me, this says these 2 agencies are trying to place blame on the other.

IMO every child *advertiser censored* investigation should be rushed if the CCSO requests a rush or not.

I know it's a very detailed and time comsuming process, but this involves crimes against children. Should be top priority every time IMO.

Why the CYA so strong and early after the arrest. Maybe we will find out he molested another child and that is what has precipitated this arrest.

Why the CYA so strong and early after the arrest. Maybe we will find out he molested another child and that is what has precipitated this arrest.

Because so many people are asking why it took so long.

And, great point about maybe another child.

I really hope LE has the right guy for Somer's murder. But, if not, at least he is off the streets.

I just don't think after all this time they would come out say he is a POI unless they have something on him.

Maybe just the fact he lived on Gano and had child *advertiser censored* on his computer is enough to call him that. But, I hope they have more.

IMO

passionflower, you mentioned in the last thread Somer's Dad had talked about soot being on Somer's body. If the that disposed of Somer's body did not have on gloves, there is a ghost of a chance that fingerprints might have been lifted from her body. Has this JH POI ever been arrested before?

Dr. Fessel, the 72 hour thing is that an arrestee has to be arraigned within 72 hours of arrest. You do not count holidays or weekend days when the court would not be open in that 72 hours. So Tuesday would be the 3rd day applicable. I bet JH is sweating like a big pig sitting there!

Another agency can place a 'hold' on the arrestee, and that agency would have up to 3 days to pick the subject up. That is not even going to apply here because I read in one article that JH was going to fight extradition, IIRC. All that will do is postpone his extradition for a short time. He knows himself that he WILL be going back to Florida no matter how much he may not want to.

I guarantee that LE either has fingerprints or DNA connecting this guy to Somer. I know the Sheriff stated that JH is a POI in the murder of Somer, but the WAY he said it made me feel as if they (LE) know they have their guy.

MOO's

ETA: Dr. Fessel, I see what you are referring to about the 72 hour hold on JH's booking sheet. IMO, that 72 hour hold would be in addition to arraignment.

I just read this excellent summary by Angel, thanks. I have high regard for the work done when Somer disappeared and the initiative taken to follow the dumpster pickup trucks to GA and search the landfill to find Somer.

But while not wanting to second guess with 20/20 hindsight, it's clear from the summary that they didn't submit the computer for testing until Somer was found murdered. In other words, submitting it five days later means they didn't even rush to submit it when she was initially declared missing. (as in, just a missing child, not a murder yet.)

Then it would appear they scrambled to act on relevant backlog and got results in a week. I assume a relevant murder is what it takes to bypass lack of permission from owner for a search and get a subpoena to do it anyway?

How very sad.

I understand that there's a great deal of subpoena work necessary to prove who was logged on where when, and that results can't be attributed to owner until then. But the fact that the computer could be searched as soon as a child is murdered and know within a week it contained child *advertiser censored* means they could have submitted it as soon as they had it, before Somer was murdered, and surveilled before, not after.

Nothing changed, except we lost an innocent child.

rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member