FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
passionflower, you mentioned in the last thread Somer's Dad had talked about soot being on Somer's body. If the that disposed of Somer's body did not have on gloves, there is a ghost of a chance that fingerprints might have been lifted from her body. Has this JH POI ever been arrested before?

Dr. Fessel, the 72 hour thing is that an arrestee has to be arraigned within 72 hours of arrest. You do not count holidays or weekend days when the court would not be open in that 72 hours. So Tuesday would be the 3rd day applicable. I bet JH is sweating like a big pig sitting there!

Another agency can place a 'hold' on the arrestee, and that agency would have up to 3 days to pick the subject up. That is not even going to apply here because I read in one article that JH was going to fight extradition, IIRC. All that will do is postpone his extradition for a short time. He knows himself that he WILL be going back to Florida no matter how much he may not want to.

I guarantee that LE either has fingerprints or DNA connecting this guy to Somer. I know the Sheriff stated that JH is a POI in the murder of Somer, but the WAY he said it made me feel as if they (LE) know they have their guy.
MOO's

BBM I sure hope you are right!!

Great post. Your knowledge on this is appreciated.

It bothers me there was never a rush put on searching his computer even though a couple of days after Somer went missing the people who had turned in the computer told the lead investigator that that they had turned in the computer and JH was living in the Gano house.

Makes me think they were not on to him early.

I don't think they were on to him early either.Maybe for the past 2 weeks to a month ago.Not as a serious suspect for Somers death.I think he went under the radar.I think they would have had search warrants for his houses a long time ago.They might have just recently with in the past few weeks got his DNA or getting his DNA now.I do think he is a good suspect.

JH has a way of moving out of homes and leaving evidence of a crime he commited behind. I wonder if in his move to Mississippi he left something and a family member or friend turned it in. Like a lunch pail or backpack.

Mom and step-dad have been awfully quiet.

JH has a way of moving out of homes and leaving evidence of a crime he commited behind. I wonder if in his move to Mississippi he left something and a family member or friend turned it in. Like a lunch pail or backpack.

Mom and step-dad have been awfully quiet.

OHHHH never thought of that. The lunch box and backpack have to be somewhere.

I know a lot of these POSs like to keep little keepsakes. That's a good thought Doc. If he would have left it, and somebody found it, that would be pretty concrete IMO.

To get all these warrants for house searching relative's homes - I'm thinking - they must have something to convince a judge he is a suspect in Somer's death.

Further more, digging out yard, I imagine, would require a pretty specific warrant - and - (I'm absolutley not an expert, so I'm asking) - wouldn't they usually NOT have a digging-around-the-yard warrant for a straightforward digital *advertiser censored* case?

I think they have stuff back from forensics that links JH to Somer.

Alternatively, his Aunt or other relative turning in a lunch box works too. But ... given her initial reaction, JH's Aunt seems to feel he's just the Pillsbury Doughboy. So, I'm thinkin' it's warrants based on links made via the forensics lab.

Also to think that's the situation - and they have nailed him - make me sleep better at night.

Knowning what we know now, I can't help but be very impressed with the crossing guards. They are Somer's heroes as well.

LE had such accurate information from the crossing guards to work with - that is amazing, and a credit to those crossing guards.

I can only imagine how devastated they feel right now, all over again, to realize how correct they were about Somer's final walk "home". :(

I am pretty sure I read somewhere he had a marijuana arrest.so they may have had his fingerprints (in not DNA) on file. I know many arrests today involve giving a DNA sample, but not sure if his arrest fell into that bracket-not sure when it was, and it is only recent DNA is required to be given on an arrest.

If he is their guy - I'm sure he will be prosecuted with a murder one charge - that means BEYOND ALL REASONABLE DOUBT to a jury. The case has to be air tight. Let's hope they have way more!

He was charged with possession of child *advertiser censored* - not production or distribution of it - right? Maybe they were following him to find out if he produced and distributed the videos. moo

I am pretty sure I read somewhere he had a marijuana arrest.so they may have had his fingerprints (in not DNA) on file. I know many arrests today involve giving a DNA sample, but not sure if his arrest fell into that bracket-not sure when it was, and it is only recent DNA is required to be given on an arrest.

The forensics came in (recently - I'm presuming this). They arrested him on digital *advertiser censored*. They got his DNA upon his digital *advertiser censored* arrest, pretty sure, it matched forensics for Somer (I hope), then they visited the judge for the search warrants. That was kinda my thinking... IMO

because we know we'll know...it's frustrating to wait...

"Sheriff Rick Beseler said Harrell is a registered sex offender. His MySpace page identifies him as a former city of Jacksonville employee in the IT Department."

I cannot find him registered in any state.....anyone?

"Sheriff Rick Beseler said Harrell is a registered sex offender. His MySpace page identifies him as a former city of Jacksonville employee in the IT Department."

I cannot find him registered in any state.....anyone?

I don't think he said he was a RSO. He has only had one arrest and that was several years ago for mj. There is talk his bio father may be. Sheriff Beseler's announcement http://www.wftv.com/video/22538244/index.html

Still have the Somer shirts for you!

Thanks GrannyL, I did not think he was an RSO, but then I read what was posted on the first page of this thread....I went to look at that article and that sentence is not there now.....odd

The forensics came in (recently - I'm presuming this). They arrested him on digital *advertiser censored*. They got his DNA upon his digital *advertiser censored* arrest, pretty sure, it matched forensics for Somer (I hope), then they visited the judge for the search warrants. That was kinda my thinking... IMO

because we know we'll know...it's frustrating to wait...

Well, actually, there would not have been enough time to process DNA from this recent arrest. What happens is that certain arrests require that the Booking Officer do a Buccal (sp.) swab. Then that swab is sent off to their state crime lab to be processed. And you wouldn't believe how behind most state crime labs are in processing DNA swabs or even blood DNA. JH's DNA may have been in the system from his prior marijuana arrest, tho. That would depend on how much marijuana he had in his possession. And we know his fingerprints are in the AFIS System because he has been arrested before.

I am on pins and needles waiting for more information also. I do want to know what led the FBI to JH in Meridian, Missisippi. The FBI may have gone to JH's mother's house looking for him and maybe she told them where he was.

I do agree that LE has some sort of evidence. It could have been fingerprints. I am really looking forward to reading those search warrants. As high profile as Somer's case is, once JH is back in Florida we might have more insight into the chain of events via the Sunshine Law.

What a sorry, sorry this JH is! A total waste of a LOT of skin, IMO. Just looking at his booking pic makes me sick as well as infuriated!

I am going to have to sit on my fingers now because I surely do not want a T/O!

I cannot comment further about how Harrell may be connected to the Thompson case as that would require I comment on evidence in an ongoing investigation.

... meaning there is more than the *advertiser censored* found in his computer, because we all already know about THAT evidence.

To me, the reason they moved on the guy now is that they have some of the evidence tested coming back with a match.

:)

Just a couple of things. I believe he received a suspended sentence for the MJ charge, meaning he was not placed on probation. For minor crimes, DNA swabs are done by the probation officer and not by officials.

As far as the investigation on the computer goes, getting records from different companies on financial transactions, phone calls, ISP information etc. is not a quick task. In most cases, a company is given 30 days to comply and provide the information requested in the subpoena.

But the attorney generals office said if CCSO would have asked, the investigation could have been done on the computer in 1 week.

Again, I think that boils down to CYA, but IDK.

My on arrested for marijuana in Arkansas a few years ago and had to give a DNA sample when he was arrested. I am sure though all states are different.

I am on pins and needles waiting for more information also. I do want to know what led the FBI to JH in Meridian, Missisippi. The FBI may have gone to JH's mother's house looking for him and maybe she told them where he was.
!

Snipped for space.

He could have a credit/debit card and/or a phone that they tracked to Mississippi.

But the attorney generals office said if CCSO would have asked, the investigation could have been done on the computer in 1 week.

Again, I think that boils down to CYA, but IDK.

In order for CSSO to process it, they would have had to have been told about it. That did not happen.

I don't think they had JH on their radar screen.

I bet the neighbors did call and report him. And the Buchanan's did as well. Do they have someone else in mind as well?

JH was home schooled because it was reported in something that I read that he had trouble at school (unspecified) and he was taken out and home schooled.

I don't think he's a criminal genius, so there should be plenty of evidence left by him if he is the one.

I think it's pathetic that a crime such as child *advertiser censored* isn't given a top prioriy. Honestly, what a crazy world we live in.

I wonder what crimes ,besides murder ,should take top priority?

ITA Human!!

I think child *advertiser censored* leads to murder so it should be treated just as top priority as anything else.

If it turns out JH murdered Somer, then that point should be backed up and maybe things will change.

IMO doing those disgusting things to children and taking photos or videos so someone else can get their jollies is disgusting and should be punished harshly.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members