FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand anyone telling the Mom that she "can't" see her daughter.

Gawd forbid this happen to me, Nobody would be able to keep me from seeing my daughter, I don't care what shape they found her in.....nobody!

I honestly didn't think anyone had the right to tell the next of kin - who the body is released to - whether they could see the body before burial, or not.
The Mom would be next of Kin. The body is released to next of Kin and I assume next of Kin can do with the body what they please as far as burial, viewing, what clothes, etc.
Is there a 'law' about stuff like this? Someone enlighten me, please?

Maybe someone who has been in a similar situation can explain?

They called it a "Viewing" but I'm assuming this means closed casket?

Thats it? I was so hoping they had made an arrest.

That as I stated about blue car and they are following up on tips.. and some construction guy was on first challenging others to put up money for reward.. he is donating 25k to add to the reward...

TAlked about the funeral.. NO camera or listening devices...

Bring Purple balloons to church and they will be released when Somer's family and friends leave to go to the burial site... someone will volunteer to hold all balloons till then for ppl...

the house is done on gano ave.. and the dump site is done

anyone else catch anything else?? oh they are working hard ..

I hope the Nissan wasn't cleared simply because they were LE. Sometimes the lines between the monsters and those who catch them can get blurred. Occupation is no guarantee that this person wasn't trying to kidnap a kid.

ITA. Years ago I lived in Southern California and they were finding women dead in their cars on freeway exits. Come to find out it was an LE officer who was pulling these women over, raping and killing them.

I am sure they "strongly encouraged" her not to view the body. They can not refuse if she insists but they have dealt with the families of the deceased many times and they know the proper things to say to convince them that they do not want to see the remains. I saw the pictures of my ex after he had been run over multiple times. The images are forever burned into my brain.

That is not the way she would want to remember her daughter.

I hope the Nissan wasn't cleared simply because they were LE. Sometimes the lines between the monsters and those who catch them can get blurred. Occupation is no guarantee that this person wasn't trying to kidnap a kid.

ETA: I don't think the Nissan people are viable suspects in Somer's case, but I do still hope that they were cleared by alibi, not occupation. I wasn't being accusatory.

They are the ones who stopped and pulled in driveway.. Why if they saw this other woman then they didn't stay and tell her they were LE .. other woman stated they just left ... is beyond me...

Le said that the guy doesn't want his name out there at the presser.. and that he asked that little girl if she was ok and if he could contact her mother... the little stated he said she said she didn't know where her house was .. then she said oh yes I know where it is now..

He said he almost hit her on her bike...

so he doesn't want to be involved in the media the LE dominic (sp) said...

im confused....the two hispanic males and one hispanic female were all LE in the nissan??

I believe that Somer was chosen at random. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time and this perp got her. I really don't believe the person planned to get Somer in particular but I do think the perp was either trolling or had planned to snatch a child from that area.

MOO

Maz

ita
I think it was a crime of opportunity.

ITA. Years ago I lived in Southern California and they were finding women dead in their cars on freeway exits. Come to find out it was an LE officer who was pulling these women over, raping and killing them.

Was that a real LE ??? I remember one years ago that did that but he was a FAKE ... he put on uniform and had a fake badge and killed ppl...

ETA: I don't think the Nissan people are viable suspects in Somer's case, but I do still hope that they were cleared by alibi, not occupation. I wasn't being accusatory.

I don't want to keep this blue nissan thing going since the entire country was basically just told to drop it but:

http://www.standard.net/topics/featured/2009/10/21/former-police-officer-makes-appearance-yengich#

It happens....and I'm just saying.

Ocala, FL has an article just today about someone impersonating a LEO. Guy in a burgundy cadillac iirc. I know it has nothing to do with this case but will find the link if anyone needs it.

Yes, the blue Nissan driver has been verified as a real LEO.

im confused....the two hispanic males and one hispanic female were all LE in the nissan??

I knew about a possible attempted abuction of another girl in the same area, but did they confirm it was two hispanic males and one hispanic female???

But I was wondering the same thing.

I remember that case. I think maybe Ann Rule wrote book.

I think he lives there.....right there where he can see 1080 Gano from his own yard.....every single day

Ocala, FL has an article just today about someone impersonating a LEO. Guy in a burgundy cadillac iirc. I know it has nothing to do with this case but will find the link if anyone needs it.

Well to be honest, with all the talk lately about that nissan I did a search of RSO and checked all their registered vehicles....never found a blue nissan but there were several cadillacs and i do remember specifically a burgundy one but that was within a 5 mile radius of 1080 Gano Avenue.

Well to be honest, with all the talk lately about that nissan I did a search of RSO and checked all their registered vehicles....never found a blue nissan but there were several cadillacs and i do remember specifically a burgundy one but that was within a 5 mile radius of 1080 Gano Avenue.

but If they are a POI I am sure they would get out of Dodge fast. the person is suppose to be a traveler.. astro thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels