FL FL - St Petersburg, WhtMale 1326UMFL, 25-40, prior heart surgery, Apr'80

There is an email listed for the UID on the Doe Network case file which is nice since I live outside the US so I'm going to get my notes together and submit John Perrin as soon as I have a second.

I submitted John Perrin yesterday and just received an email response. The DNA had already been tested and did not match so John Perrin is not a match.

Wow, she's a sweetheart, isn't she?

For reference, 19 exclusions listed on Namus:

Steven Anderson 1957 New Jersey
William Arnold 1942 Nebraska
Steve Arrowood 1956 North Carolina
Lyndal Ashby 1938 Kentucky
Michael Causley 1962 California
Rogelio Cerda 1959 Texas
John Dial 1943 Texas
William Ellis 1932 Maryland
Michael Gaughan 1957 Texas
Joseph Halpern 1910 Colorado
Raymond Harris 1951 Nebraska
Dennis Mann 1959 Mississippi
William Newman 1955 Louisiana
Jay Pringle 1959 Oregon
raymond schwarz 1949 Illinois
Claude Shelton 1934 Kentucky
Tom Starkel 1960 California
David Waggoner 1947 Texas
Mitchel Weiser 1956 New York

Unidentified Person Case

Updated link: Unidentified Person Case

Ruleouts added:

Lawrence Colton, Oklahoma
Kenneth Welch, Arizona

Raymond Schwarz from Illinois is no longer on the list and appears to have been located.

This is kinda off the board but has anyone looked at Richard James Romano

The Doe Network: Case File 3585DMFL

The Height and weight is off but when I looked at the picture, it looked exactly like the uid. The fact how the Uid died sounds right, the location sounds right, the time of the disappearance is right. Can anyone do an overlay of the two pics.

A few things off but its my best guess as well..

A few things off but its my best guess as well..
Romano was related to drug trafficking and our UID was murdered in a "mafia style". Could he have been hiding in that motel?

Shin Masamura:
I think you're right, they're very similar.

Romano was related to drug trafficking and our UID was murdered in a "mafia style". Could he have been hiding in that motel?

Shin Masamura:
I think you're right, they're very similar.

According to news reports at the time police believed the killing was "personal relationships"... Their prime suspect was murdered later by his girlfriend. I don't know if "personal relationships" involved drug running??

I've always wondered how the known victim and the UID met... As well as the connection between the prime suspect and his killer girlfriend.

Also, the victims were known by the motel staff... Did police investigate all of these people thoroughly??

How reliable is gsadoption registry info?? Seems Roger J Stenholt is listed there as an adoptee. If this is true then it's possible there's no DNA :(

Just want to chime in on nature of the scars...transverse at that length is NOT a cardiologists intervention. That's a horizontal scar that suggests a breast reduction or crude mastectomy. The nipple scars would be consistent with those procedures.

Two questions then:
1.) might we be looking for someone who had transitioned their gender (hormones were available in the late 1970s that would produce a beard). I know the namus data lists male, but LE are permitted to withhold information (in this case, male might not be a birth- assigned gender).

2.) could we be looking for a male who had drastic weight loss necessitating a breast and/or skin reduction procedure?

Just want to chime in on nature of the scars...transverse at that length is NOT a cardiologists intervention. That's a horizontal scar that suggests a breast reduction or crude mastectomy. The nipple scars would be consistent with those procedures.

Two questions then:
1.) might we be looking for someone who had transitioned their gender (hormones were available in the late 1970s that would produce a beard). I know the namus data lists male, but LE are permitted to withhold information (in this case, male might not be a birth- assigned gender).

2.) could we be looking for a male who had drastic weight loss necessitating a breast and/or skin reduction procedure?
Possibly the weight reduction, At that height it would rule out him formerly being a woman imo.

Possibly the weight reduction, At that height it would rule out him formerly being a woman imo.
Agreed! Which is why i was wondering if there was a typo, making him 5'8". In any case, that was a very uncommon surgery for weight loss mediation at that time. I'm checking with some surgeon friends who might have knowledge of the wire suturing.

His middle name is Robert, scar on stomach, last seen California although the height is out.

Two questions then:

I was just reading about cardiac surgery using a submammary incision. This leaves a horizontal scar below both nipples. He could have had surgery in the late 50s to mid 70s using a similar technique... Maybe?? Or lung surgery??

I was just reading about cardiac surgery using a submammary incision. This leaves a horizontal scar below both nipples. He could have had surgery in the late 50s to mid 70s using a similar technique... Maybe?? Or lung surgery??
Great find. Grabbed this quote (my emphasis) from a 2006 article in the Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery:

"William and Hanlon in 1960 introduced the transverse submammary incision for median sternotomy. This operative approach has proved especially useful for female patients undergoing simple cardiac surgical procedures, resulting in a more esthetically pleasing scar. Although used in some centers, it has not gained world-wide popularity because of concerns related to potential wound complications, adequacy of surgical exposure, and access for re-operation."

There's a significant chance that this surgery was performed in St. Louis, where Willman and Hanlon developed the technique.

I submitted William Robert Prescott to doe network they will contact me if it is a positive match. I know the height is out as he’s 6’0 but thought it was worth a check

Does anyone here live in the St. Louis area? The St. Louis University Medical School archives might have the archives of the two doctors that developed this procedure. Specific patient data will likely be redacted, but occasionally researchers will stumble on helpful--albeit generalized--info about unique procedures. For example, I've run across surgeon post-op notes in archives that indicate how the medical team will monitor the care of non-local patients (e.g., 15y/o male discharged on DATE, post-op care to be facilitated by Dr. X in Memphis).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back