FLOOR-PLAN of Baby Lisa Irwin's home likelihood of this being stranger abduction

Posts lands at random. :)

Let's try and keep this thread for the floor plan. We are working on bits and pieces and short clips of news stories, etc., so Otto can work on the floor plan. THanks.

Only thing I can think of is that JI was talking about the front wall and the back wall of the house. The computer room window was on the front wall of the house and the boys bedroom is on the back wall of the - hence the "opposite"?

I really do remember both JI and DB saying early on that Lisa' bedroom was in between their bedroom and the boys - JI said that he walked by the boys room - noticed only one boy and then passed Lisa room to go into the master where DB was.

Walked by the boys room? Didn't we hear previously that he had "checked" on the boys? I wonder if by "checking" he meant looked thru the open door as he passed.

:

Look on the roof. There are little "vent type" outlets. They usually give a clue where the toilets - or water lines in the hosue are.

(gentle snipping)

Don't forget the furnace vent. It would look like a plumbing vent.

Also: That "computer room" looks like an add-on, doesn't it? It would explain why there's an under-house garage area.

Here is the latest ... although I haven't looked through the more recent comments yet

LisaFloorplan_4.jpg

Gosh, you're good!

Okay...using the previous picture of the reporter standing in the kitchen, or what we think is the kitchen...with Baby Lisa's bedroom showing in the background...we can see her crib..and window. Thats the only thing that I can't seem to reconcile with your diagram here, but it sure looks close (and detailed!) otherwise. Thank you.

I don't understand the whole "computer room". I know it's where they did their computing but why is that room so large? A ranch house built in 1958, I guess it could be intended as a den or family room.

It looks like an add-on, or converted garage. It doesn't connect correctly to the rest of the house. On HGTV, rooms like that (without closets) are called "bonus rooms". They add to square footage, but aren't living space.

Looking from the front, the architecture of the house is off-kilter. Picture it without the right 1/3, and you'll see a 1958-style bungalow.

(gentle snipping)

Don't forget the furnace vent. It would look like a plumbing vent.

Also: That "computer room" looks like an add-on, doesn't it? It would explain why there's an under-house garage area.

I think the garage is under the master bedroom. The computer room does look like a bit of an add on, but it could also have been two rooms that were opened up into one.

I don't get why dogs wouldn't bark at someone climbing in the front window.

I also don't see why a person trying to break into a home wouldn't check to see if the doors were unlocked first. There are several door entrances to this house.

If she left the door open the perp would simply walk in. It seems like she is saying that they broke in the front window and then went out the front door.

But the lights going on makes no sense.

Please note, that would mean that although the perp had a direct access to Lisa's room, going through the kitchen and grabbing the phones, they went out of their way all the way over to the Living room and turned on the lights?

Makes no sense.

Where do we put our post that pertain to the floor-plan but indirectly? tia

Maybe something more like this? There is something off with the area around the stairs, the bathroom and the entrance to the computer room ... don't know what, but it seems like something doesn't fit quite right.

LisaFloorplan_3a.jpg

In my opinion, this is the floor plan that is most correct. Except that there is no dividing wall jutting out in the kitchen where you've marked "cell phones charging". Kitchen is completely open.

(And now, I am butting out.) :)

Here is the latest ... although I haven't looked through the more recent comments yet

LisaFloorplan_4.jpg
BY GEORGE (oops) OTTO I think you got it!!!!

That is great. Yes, it is what I think is as close as we can get - until we get some more clarification as to where certain rooms are.

Otto - :yourock:

Thankx again!!!!

Here is the video for the tour of the house with the reporter starting around ~26 seconds

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-1574...sa-irwin-a-look-inside-the-home-26863873.html

Keep in mind as the reporter goes from the living room through the narrow kitchen (with refrig) the opposite wall is the wall for the stairs in the floor plan.

Once he passes that stairway wall, he is in another part, presumably the kitchen and that is where we see Lisa bedroom.

However, there is question, if the long wall in that extended kitchen, means that the boy's bedroom, is behind that wall, but on the same side as Baby Lisa's bedroom.

Am I making any sense?

Otto, please shorten the steps by 12 steps from the computer room back and leave an open space so the door way to Lisa's bedroom is visible from the extended kitchen.

Also, shorten the wall on the kitchen side to match at least 4 steps showing, but leave the solid wall on the other side there.

I can't find the right words to describe what I mean. :(

It looks like an add-on, or converted garage. It doesn't connect correctly to the rest of the house. On HGTV, rooms like that (without closets) are called "bonus rooms". They add to square footage, but aren't living space.

Looking from the front, the architecture of the house is off-kilter. Picture it without the right 1/3, and you'll see a 1958-style bungalow.

My bedroom growing up was like the computer room and it was a carport at one time.

What program are you using to do the floor plan?

REVIT ... it's like AutoCAD, but 3D.

I've tweaked it a little more. What would really help are overall dimensions of the building ... there were some earlier posts but I couldn't access the sites. Does anyone know if there were overall house dimensions on those sites?

LisaFloorplan_5.jpg

I have been looking for dimensions of the house too! In my county, under my tax records, it gives my floor plan.

anyone think the stairs are extended the same width as a bedroom as shown??

seems like in my house only about 5-6 steps are using the upstairs floor plan and the other 8 steps have enough headroom from the lower floor...

Hope Im explaining it well enough...that all 12 steps doesn't need to take up 12-14 ft of the 1st level floor space...but it could be....

seems like in my house only about 5-6 steps are using the upstairs floor plan and the other 8 steps have enough headroom from the lower floor...

Hope Im explaining it well enough...that all 12 steps doesn't need to take up 12-14 ft of the 1st level floor space...but it could be....

Quite true ... they could turn as well ... I could move the stairs closer to the computer room wall and have them turn half way. Will make that change in a bit ... that might tighten up the floor plan.

Just picture the floor plan without the steps showing and just look at it as a wall.

Otto,

Would you kindly try one more thing please, would you remove the steps for now, and just leave the wall there. This would be the wall to frame out the hallway.

I attached a pic and highlighted the area to be removed, and perhaps just put a door or notation that the steps are here, if there are steps at this point.

I can't thank you enough for doing this floor plan. I have been playing with one myself, but clearly, mine is nothing in comparison to yours. You are awesome.

Attachments

• Generic.JPG
    Generic.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 14

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads