"G (Guilty)" vs "NG (Not Guilty)" Where do you stand? #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not reckless at all. They were trying to trick a confession out of her and when it didn't work, they went back questions again. Simple

Anyone can be nice to someone and then be mean to them by accusing them of lying, intimidate them and try to trick them out of some statement. Their intentions were evil. It didn't work. It is a form of entrapment considering all the power LE has. These are good reasons to beware of LE and their intentions
. I think it got out of hand and they made a huge mistake here. She is NG in my opinion

Bold is mine.

No, it's their job! There would be something very wrong with the LE involved if they did not question her once she admitted to not working there. It's their job!

Justice for her child is getting to the whole truth and nothing but the truth. The officers of the court will be on a fact finding mission. Casey is part of this process. Her Lawyers are officers of the court. She is part of the process of finding the truth. So yes, she is seeking justice for Caylee.

Then KC should have no problem taking the stand-right?

Well so far as I can tell, they are sticking with the Nanny story. So get ready for trial. The jury will have to hear the SA prove that these were all lies. They will also have to prove that Caylee was in those woods the whole time. Good luck with that.

BBM.
The state has to prove that Caylee is dead and her egg donor/incubator is to blame.

But you said that the defense doesn't have to find the guilty person...the one who actually killed Caylee...so how is anything short of that the "truth"?

Not to mention that it's not even LE's job to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt! So if one is not yet convinced of Casey's guilt (and I am one of those people) it doesn't mean LE didn't do their job.. it simply means it has yet to go to trial where all the evidence can and will be presented, where everyone who testifies will be sworn in. LE gets the "bad guys", it's the SA's job to make sure they can convict 'em!

Not reckless at all. They were trying to trick a confession out of her and when it didn't work, they went back questions again. Simple

Anyone can be nice to someone and then be mean to them by accusing them of lying, intimidate them and try to trick them out of some statement. Their intentions were evil. It didn't work. It is a form of entrapment considering all the power LE has. These are good reasons to beware of LE and their intentions. I think it got out of hand and they made a huge mistake here. She is NG in my opinion

IIRC, the first time Casey was "accused" of lying by LE was when they were sitting a Universal in an office in the building where Casey DIDN'T work. I don't think calling someone out about blatant lies is being "mean", especially when a young, innocent child's life/welfare may be in danger. JMO.

She is G in my opinion. Of SO MANY things. :twocents:

Anyone can be nice to someone and then be mean to them by accusing them of lying, intimidate them and try to trick them out of some statement. Their intentions were evil. It didn't work. It is a form of entrapment considering all the power LE has. These are good reasons to beware of LE and their intentions. I think it got out of hand and they made a huge mistake here. She is NG in my opinion

I have had personal experience with this police tactic and guess what happened ~ in spite of making us feel really, really angry at the time, they found the rapist. My daughter was the victim and oddly enough her truth and reaction to this tactic helped advance the case to adjudication. Truth is truth and the intentions of LE, regardless of their tactics, is to get to that. Casey couldn't hold up to it because the truth wasn't in her.

Well in this case in particular, a lot of witnesses change their story in the second interview. The police can't find a body that is an obvious place. There are a lot of things in this case that just don't make sense.

When things don't make a whole lot of sense, there is someone else involved. Have seen it all my life.

First I would not rule out a predator. There was one caught within 4 miles of the Anthony's home early this year.. Yes it is possible that a predator took Caylee from the nanny and the nanny high tailed it out of there.

Other than a predator, I would agree the list would be small.

IMO, noone has changed their stories more than KC's parents. I think it makes perfect sense. Even though there is no evidence she had help, they would like to believe that because they have a history of searching for excuses for her behavior.

Blaming predators - who are ubiquitous - is as sensible as blaming space aliens. It belies the fact that none of the evidence points away from the Anthony home and is really a cheap excuse since there is nothing to suggest this child was ever out of the company of her mother. A reasonable doubt needs a reasonable scenario that a reasonable person can believe. Most of the public isn't going to buy the story of an imaginanny by The Girl Who Cried Wolf, backed up by parents that have everything to gain by corroborating her patent lies and whose credibility is severely impeached by their own actions and conflicting testimonies.

There are many on this forum who have personally dealt with the heartbreak of crime within their own families and who have behaved with dignity and integrity. Tough love is heartbreaking and not easy to do. Some of them have had to cut off or risk losing adult children who were a danger to their grandchildren in order to preserve their safety. It's an insult to them, the hard realizations they were forced to face, and what they had to sacrifice in their own lives to blindly defend and overlook what this girl did and simply assume she was being framed or should share the blame with someone else regardless of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Many of us think the fact that KC never had to be responsible for her actions, and had parents making every possible excuse for her throughout her life is what ultimately led to this entire mess - at the cost of her family and countless other pubic resources that could have been spent on other worthy cases and causes. Those of us here who have had to fight our own tough battles have little sympathy for those who are too lazy or self-absorbed to do what is right and make a grown woman accountable for her actions.

What mistruths are you talking about? Lets work this out so we can get to the truth. This is important to me to get to the truth for Caylee. She deserves the truth. I think Casey is NG. LE continues to try to find evidence but to no avail. I base my opinion of NG on LE's lack of evidence. Nothing really panned out for me.

The trunk
The so called lies
The Enthomology report
The body farm report
The Fbi reports
The duct tape
The Chloroform

Most of this is all up for interpretation. I think the defense will make a good arguement for their interpretation. I have a good basis for my opinion of NG. They have not in anyway proven beyond a reasonable doubt that she is.
The "so-called lies" are proven lies. Many links have been posted, including audio of her lying to LE. That is definitive evidence in my book.

If CA truly had an address or phone number to ZFG you can bet your soul that she would have been over there to pick up Caylee. Sorry, I'm not buying CA's story about the postie note unless I saw it with my own two eyes. I mean it's not like CA is the most truthful person. Like mother like daughter from what I observed by CA's interviews and depositions.

I know that with GA and CA it's a matter of "whatever it takes" - lie, cover-up, withhold evidence and information. But they fail to see that their lies and actions have only made it worse for Casey. Their lies and actions make it clear that even Casey's own parents know she's guilty.

On top of everything else..........any family that has had a child murdered would be singing the praises of law enforcement for finding the child's killer. But, with the Anthonys, they've tried to infer that LE is the enemy, not to be trusted. This is clearly a defense tactic on their part. They can't attack the message (evidence), so they attack the messenger (LE).

Notthatsmart

I'm puzzled why you insist that KC is innocent. Is it just a feeling? Is it just that you seek conversation from people, because you are lonely? Surely, it is not the facts or evidence that the public has seen to date, because there has been nothing to dispute that KC is innocent of murdering Caylee. Even her parents are unsure if she murdered Caylee.

Another topic I feel I have to interject with:

I think one thing that needs to be immediately cleared up is contrary to public opinion, the law doesn't say you are "innocent until proven guilty" - really, it says you are NOT GUILTY until proven guilty. Saying the accused is "innocent" implies a moral judgment, that the person has done no wrong. The law doesn't say that. The law does not make moral judgments. It sets rules and precedents against which behavior is judged. The "presumption of innocence" is legalese, establishing the burden of proof. It means the default rule is a blank slate- the defendant goes in without any presumptions against him, and the state builds its case from the bottom. It DOESN'T mean EVERYONE must "presume" the defendant is innocent until proven guilty.

OneLostGrl just gave me the perfect example of this. She said she is "not yet convinced of Casey's guilt." NOT that Casey is "innocent." And this is the point I think the defense in this case, and some of the defense-supporting-posts, are missing.

The jury only sees the evidence that is admitted in court. Because of certain Constitutional protections and "best practices" developed by courts, some evidence will be ruled inadmissible and the jury will never see it. If evidence was obtained illegally it can be suppressed, if scientific evidence doesn't mean certain standards it can be excluded. This is done to protect the integrity (don't roll your eyes!) of the justice system. I've read cases where the defendant really was deplorable, but the evidence just couldn't be admitted. Judges usually end those opinions with a very old Supreme Court quote saying something like, "it is unfortunate that often the most undesirable elements in society benefit most from America's reverence for liberty and freedom, but each 'exception' we grant to the protections of the Constitution leads us one more step towards tyranny." Even prosecutors will agree deep down the law has to apply to everyone equally.

So if you are the defense in a case where honestly the evidence only points to your client, you focus on getting as much evidence as possible excluded. You want to limit the amount of evidence that the jury actually sees. You go to your office, and don't leave until you find cases in Florida where judges have excluded the type of evidence you want excluded. You literally PILE UP CASE LAW. JB, if you are reading, I know this concept is foreign to you. But you do legal research. You want to convince the judge, basically, "see, everyone else is excluding this."

And then you pray that some of your motions are granted, and maybe the Prosecution gets nervous and will offer a plea. And then you take it. Is this lawyering on technicalities? Pretty much. But its a hell of a lot better for your client to be morally guilty and legally not guilty than dead.

Ah - the clean, fresh-air smell of jurisprudence reason!!

Lawlady:
First of all, I love reading your posts. You offer a wealth of information for legally inept people like me. :blowkiss:
I JUST had a conversation with some co-workers the other day about guilty vs. not guilty. There is a HUGE difference between not guilty and innocent. I think a lot of people tend to overlook that and take the terms as synonyms; thanks for clearing that up somewhat. :)
I hope that you are exactly right about the defense's only tactic (discrediting evidence). The defense will be grasping at straws (reaching, if you will :sick:) until this trial is over and done with. It's their JOB to plant seeds of doubt. The burden of proof lies with the state, and they've got to do everything they can to foul that up.
Thanks for your input!
Em

If it is required that every poster here back up his or her evidence with links, I think any accusations that LE has acted wrongly should be backed up with support as well. LE is given wide latitude in questioning suspects and investigating crime. They have, IMO, a mostly thankless job. Some police officers get very emotionally invested in cases, while others just want to do their job and go home.

I am really interested in the evidence that is alluded to that LE somehow "had it out" for KC from day one. A suspect who blatantly lies and obstructs an investigation gives LE probable cause to do a lot more than they did in any of their interactions with KC.

To those who believe this was some how a "set up" by LE, I have a serious question-

If LE was going to try to pin the murder of a toddler on someone, who would be the easiest person to accuse...
1. a convicted murderer who lived nearby
2. a homeless drug addict in the area
3. a RSO
4. the child's young, pretty, well-liked mother who at least had the facade - evinced in the pictures of the 2 - of a good relationship with her daughter.

IF LE didn't care about finding out the truth, why would they pick the most difficult person imaginable to accuse of the crime? I am in NO WAY condoning even the idea of this, but think about it logically- if I'm going to frame someone for a crime, don't I want the worst person I can find so they aren't credible and I'll get the conviction?

Do you understand LE was trying to find a baby that was missing for thirty one days? KC had the answers to that question. Wouldn't you want to know if that was your granddaughter where that baby was even if it meant asking tough questions to the last person who saw that baby?

Also wouldn't you think that at the very LEAST she would agree to provide a DNA sample so Caylee could be listed on the Missing persons database?
Casey, the 'seeker of justice' didn't extend herself that far. Self preservation came first, as is her lifetime habit.

Don't forget, Live chat tonight with Marc Klaas. All the information is in my signature.

We now return you to your regularly programming.

I find it strange that not once has Professor notthatsmart responded to my questions. If s/he is such an expert on evidence, why not discuss it with me instead of lecturing at posters?

What highly reliable inculpatory evidence proves the 1st degree murder charge?

(I'm trying to recall Richard Boone's show. I think it was something like: Have Lectures/Will Travel.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500