"G (Guilty)" vs "NG (Not Guilty)" Where do you stand? #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What highly reliable inculpatory evidence proves the 1st degree murder charge?

(I'm trying to recall Richard Boone's show. I think it was something like: Have Lectures/Will Travel.)

Why Wudge! I knew it would happen one day that we would agree on something! Paladin... Great song.

is as sensible as blaming space aliens.

Snipped:

I have been in support of the space alien theory since Day 32. Those silly little Grey's and Greens are into everything.

Crop circles,geoglyphs in Nazca Peru, cattle mutilation, ect. I guess we should just let Casey go since there is no evidence and LE should start questioning Tom Cruise.

:beamup:

Sorry needed some humor this morning.

notthatsmart, where is your evidence of "mean" interrogation tactics of LE? The defense has the burden of proving any violation of a constitutional protection. I guess I missed the evidence where Casey was waterboarded, since you compared LE's "mean" tactics here to the problems in military interrogations.

Please provide me with the link for that? Or any caselaw to support your contentions at all...?

I was referring to the interrogation out at Universal which is linked in this thread.It is my opinion and interpretation that they were mean to her. Yes I agree that they have a right to ask her questions. And yes they have a right to accuse her of all kinds of lies even though they didn't know at that point and still don't what the truth is. Yes, they have every right to do these things. I never said waterboarding, however I don't believe this type of interrogation works. Now , with that being said and that they have the right to interrogate in this fashion, they will have to and have suffered the consequences of their actions. IE lost any chance of talking to Casey, a couple of weeks later, lost any chance of talking to her family. Those are huge losses. I consider this a very bad tactic, and not effective at all.

http://cfnews13.com/uploadedfiles/audio/CaseyAnthonyjuly16universal.wma

I just think this was a simple setup. They drove her around and got her to make some statements, then they challenged her on those statements to get a confession out of her. It didn't work!! So they started asking more questions. I would call it entrapment. They hadn't investigated enough at that point to know what the truth was. This looks like a bunch of keystone cops trying to figure out what happened. If I thought they were professional about it, I might not be questioning their intentions. Since this day, they have tried so hard to come up with some strong evidence. If they would just open their minds and let the witnesses speak, they may get to the truth of the matter. It seems in every interview they constantly interupt the witness while he or she is speaking. Well anyway, they will be lucky to use this interrogation in court. They should have read her the Miranda rights. In court they will let the witnesses have their say. And then we will find out what really happened. LE is way off, that is why I say NG

I tend to disagree. When a small child has been missing for 31 days and the Mother says she doesnt know where she is yet never reported it well, the Police's main objective is to do all they can to safely find the child.
Casey had a chance to talk, she dd. None of it made sense.
They were called out by the Grandmother, at that point the GM wanted to get to the truth.
Casey had had possession of caylee for a mo and so who was responsible fo her? Casey......
I think she is guilty, just too many lies. Why did she lie about working when she wasnt. She tried to cover up her partying by saying she was looking for Caylee. it goes on and on, we all know what has gone on and none of it adds up.
When they were driving her around they were asking her to take them to the last place she had dropped Caylee off.....I think the police weee truly in fear for this childs life. I hate to see them get slammed.
Her parents have been nice to her and havent asked her much. Has that gotten them anywhere?

I was referring to the interrogation out at Universal which is linked in this thread.It is my opinion and interpretation that they were mean to her. Yes I agree that they have a right to ask her questions. And yes they have a right to accuse her of all kinds of lies even though they didn't know at that point and still don't what the truth is. Yes, they have every right to do these things. I never said waterboarding, however I don't believe this type of interrogation works. Now , with that being said and that they have the right to interrogate in this fashion, they will have to and have suffered the consequences of their actions. IE lost any chance of talking to Casey, a couple of weeks later, lost any chance of talking to her family. Those are huge losses. I consider this a very bad tactic, and not effective at all.

I actually agree with this. I do think that if the police spoke to her and handled her in a different fashion, they could have garnered more pertinent information. Her mind working against her inconsistent statements would have caught her up and ultimately hung herself without the drag on case that it became. Because of the way it was handled in the beginning, by everyone not just Cindy & George, it became a high profile money making case for all involved. Hell, Nancy Grace started airing every single night after her reporting on Caylee. CNN made HUGE profits, I'm sure. Good for them b/c they were the only one's keeping it out there like that, attempting to find Caylee with the thought that she was missing...I mean just sayin'. I believe that if it were the FBI instead of the OCSO interrogating Casey, they would have had the knowledge to approach her in a different manner. I wouldn't go so far as to say OCSO made a mistake the way the questioned her in the beginning, just that knowledge is in hindsight now & would probably learn from this and handle it differently in the future. I, for one, applaud them for not wringing her scrawny neck for the goosechase she led them on. I personally believe suspects should be given injections before they are questioned, so that they're guard is down and LE can get to the heart of the matter alot faster than sifting through tons of obvious lies.

And by losing the ability to talk with Casey and her family did LE really lose anything of value?

That and LE didn't lose the ability to talk with her family they still received depo's from the family. Until CA, LA, and GA are charged with obstruction or some other crime they pretty much have to answer the SA's questions under subpoena. They also have to answer truthfully or they can be held in contempt.

Casey on the other hand doesn't have to talk and can plead her 5th amendment rights. However I would stress that not one piece of info from Casey was reliable, accurate, or of any real investigative value when it came to finding her daughter. However her statements are good for the prosecution because it does show her character, consciousness of guilt, and blatant obstruction of a police investigation.

Do you understand LE was trying to find a baby that was missing for thirty one days? KC had the answers to that question. Wouldn't you want to know if that was your granddaughter where that baby was even if it meant asking tough questions to the last person who saw that baby?

Yes, but I would have done it differently. I would be nice about it. I would give her time to answer each and every question. I understand Casey may have had some information that could have helped. It it so sad that they blew it when they started interrogating her in that fashion. Huge mistake on their part. You can ask tough questions in a kind manner.

With regards to the topic of this thread, I still believe Casey is guilty - I'm just not sure if she's guilty by negligence & Caylee died, if Caylee died form an accident & Casey panicked so hid her, or if Casey truly murdered her daughter. I haven't seen enough evidence to show me that she 100% murdered her daughter. I'm still not privy to the rest of the evidence that prosecutors have.

So far, from what I've seen, I'm just not sure and anticipate a flat out war in court. Caylee was made into the poster child for abuse & missing advocates. Our entire country, as well as parts of the rest of the world, want answers and justice. Michael Baden & Henry Lee disected every bit of forensic evidence in the OJ case. Baden said something interesting that still sticks with me til this day. He said "OJ was found Not Guilty. They never said he was Innocent. They just said he was found Not Guilty.". He also went on to saying that it's not the burden of the defense to prove the defendants innocence, it's up to the prosecution to prove guilt. He said the law should be followed in all aspects of crime scene evidence gathering. One of the reasons OJ got off was b/c of a dna mixup in the lab. Another reason was b/c the initial officers on the scene didn't wear full protection, including shoe covers, and their footprints were found in the blood splatter of Ron & Nicole. He said cross-contamination can get a person off faster than anything. This is one reason Linda Baden takes on DP cases - b/c she doesn't believe, as well as her team of experts, that a DP should be warranted if proper protocol & procedure wasn't followed from the beginning. IOW, if you don't prove pristine conditions during gathering of evidence, and if it's not technologically proven that a murder took place (meaning have it on film or camera or eye-witnessed), then a lesser sentence should be considered. This is what I worried from since the beginning.

One thing I don't know, if you could please help this jerseygirl out, could Casey be sentenced to a lesser penalty if the jury wants to do that? If this is a dp case, that is if the prosecution is going after the dp, could she be found not guilty or murder but maybe negligence or manslaughter and receive a lesser sentence? I thought that wouldn't be possible, since of what her charge is. She's charged with murder, not manslaughter. So I thought it would be all or nothing. This is what I fear. Little Caylee is dead b/c of her mother, in one way or another. She should pay a price for that. But what happens if she's found not guilty of murder? Could the jury lay down a different penalty if there's no charge of manslaughter? I thought that was only up to the police & prosecutors.

Bold is mine.

No, it's their job! There would be something very wrong with the LE involved if they did not question her once she admitted to not working there. It's their job!

It is their job to ask questions and try to find Caylee. It doesn't have to be done in the manner that it was done. In fact , they blew it. Now they can't even talk to her.

Gosh highly technical there. Thanks I think the viewers got what I was saying. You can go ahead and try and make a fool out of me if you wish. I really don't take it personally. But at some point, can we get back to the evidence and the topic? I think she is NG based on these silly tactics by police. They really didn't know. They still don't know.

Why not be nice about it. Why not investigate some more first before accusing someone. In the Drew Peterson case, LE waited a year. I applaud them for that. That was a smart move.

We are finding that these mean interrogation programs are not working in combat either. It is up for debate in Washington.

I would have been nice to her and then watched her. I also would have looked in the most obvious place of all, (the wood by the house).

Not reckless at all. They were trying to trick a confession out of her and when it didn't work, they went back questions again. Simple

Anyone can be nice to someone and then be mean to them by accusing them of lying, intimidate them and try to trick them out of some statement. Their intentions were evil. It didn't work. It is a form of entrapment considering all the power LE has.These are good reasons to beware of LE and their intentions. I think it got out of hand and they made a huge mistake here. She is NG in my opinion

It is my opinion Casey Anthony is guilty. I formed my opinion from the evidence to date made available to the public. It is also my opinion when the Jury looks at the totality of the evidence, they may come to the same conclusion. I am also aware that some people may have formed an opinion beforehand because of a prejudice against members of Law Enforcement in general. I'm sure you will agree,it would be unfortunate, for a person with a prejudice against LE in general, to serve as a juror on this case.

It is my opinion that this all went wrong from the beginning. I believe Casey led LE out to universal to look at tapes to see if Caylee or the Zanny had been out there. She was just trying to help. At that point LE decided to interrogate her with 3 big mean guys against one young woman. At that point, they should have read her the Miranda rights. I do believe they were trying to trick a confession out of her. It didn't work and in the end they started asking questions again. Just the fact that they started asking questions again, showed me that they had no idea of what happened. When LE acts like this in a very unprofessional manner it raises red flags for me. So I will admit that I was suspicious of LE and SA from the beginning. Since then, they have not been able to come up with some strong evidence that she did it. It just leads me to believe they have been wrong all along. On this basis I believe she is NG.

You're joking, right? If this is true, then surely Casey was looking in the bar she frequented, or in Target, or in the banks / check cashing places she used to forge Annie's name, or in Tony's bed that she was sharing, or in Jesse's shower that she used...yeah, right. Out of all the places innocent Casey searched, isn't it a shameful coincidence that she didn't check her own damn trunk? Puhlease.

It is their job to ask questions and try to find Caylee. It doesn't have to be done in the manner that it was done. In fact , they blew it. Now they can't even talk to her.
When they talked to KC she lied,so no great loss.I have never expected her to admit she killed Caylee.Sociopaths don't,and even her mother,who is still backpedaling,called KC a Sociopath.
As much as I feel sorry for them,I can't wait until Shirley P and Rick P take the stand and blow the truth about the Anthony's out of the water.They can shed a lot of light on how things came to be,I bet.
LE didn't need KC to do any more talking and wasting more time.They moved ahead,gathered evidence and will get justice for Caylee.Would have been nice if Caylee's grandparents had talked,but aside from GA's initial interviews,they been less than truthful themselves.That just hurts KC's case even more,because it infers that they believe she is guilty and they need to cover for her.What a sad life.
Oh wait......they did just get away for a cruise. Maybe they thought Caylee was being kept on a Fun Ship :waitasec:
BTW,Notthatsmart,do you think KC looks pregnant in
that picture at Rick's wedding?

THEY blew it?????? the only person that has anything to gain by talking now is KC. She can talk anytime she wants to. Caylees's future was already determined by the time LE tried to save her by trying to get answers from KC.

IIRC, the first time Casey was "accused" of lying by LE was when they were sitting a Universal in an office in the building where Casey DIDN'T work. I don't think calling someone out about blatant lies is being "mean", especially when a young, innocent child's life/welfare may be in danger. JMO.

She is G in my opinion. Of SO MANY things. :twocents:

Hey EmMomma! Glad to see ya! For me, I agree with you as far as them calling her "out" on her lies. I just wish they would have approached her questioning in a different manner in order to gather more viable valuable info. I personally think that each suspect has their own personality & profile. If the interrogator's method of questioning doesn't match up with the suspects personality, then they may not get the full answers they need in order to get to the heart of the matter. A good interrogator can trip the suspect up. In this case, I personally think it caused Casey to lawyer up fast. If the interrogator would have gotten on her good side, they would have had more time with her without a lawyer present to answer questions for her or guide her in her own answers. To me, that's valuable time lost.

From my point of view, I think this case is going to come down to the forensics and the gathering of the evidence. Even if the jury "feels" one way but inconsistencies and contamination are shown with regards to evidence, then they'll have to follow the law and process accordingly - even if they "feel" she's guilty. This is what has worried me from the beginning. Since molecular dna technology has reached the level of science it's at right now, sometimes this can work against our justice system that's already in place. According to our law of the US, a jury has to render their decisions based on proven factual evidence...not feelings...and that truly tears me apart.

Justice for Caylee. Hope & pray it's served on a silver platter.

When they talked to KC she lied,so no great loss.I have never expected her to admit she killed Caylee.Sociopaths don't,and even her mother,who is still backpedaling,called KC a Sociopath.
As much as I feel sorry for them,I can't wait until Shirley P and Rick P take the stand and blow the truth about the Anthony's out of the water.They can shed a lot of light on how things came to be,I bet.
LE didn't need KC to do any more talking and wasting more time.They moved ahead,gathered evidence and will get justice for Caylee.Would have been nice if Caylee's grandparents had talked,but aside from GA's initial interviews,they been less than truthful themselves.That just hurts KC's case even more,because it infers that they believe she is guilty and they need to cover for her.What a sad life.
Oh wait......they did just get away for a cruise. Maybe they thought Caylee was being kept on a Fun Ship :waitasec:
BTW,Notthatsmart,do you think KC looks pregnant in
that picture at Rick's wedding?

Are you serious? I thought that was just gas.

:floorlaugh:

Joking!

Oh, no need for concern.:smile: LE will be talking to Casey in a "very big way" through prosecutors at trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500