GUILTY GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former LEO and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 *Arrests* #6

Cryptic

Reaction score
What is known is that Ahmaud Arbery was shot and killed after a confrontation with two suspects. There are evidently two very different versions of what led to the confrontation and shooting:

Ahmaud Arbery case will go to grand jury - CNN

A. Ahmaud Arbery was jogging while black. He was then chased down and murdered pursuant to the racist "a black male is a suspected criminal" line of "thinking".

B. Arbery resembled a burglar who had struck the neighborhood in the past / was in the act of fleeing from an attempted burglary. He then attacked an individual who tried to stop him and was shot only after repeatedly trying to get control of a weapon.

It appears that even with the suspects own admission, the chase was initiated because Arbery simply peered into a home under construction. In Georgia, private citizens, can only make citizens arrests for felonies that they have exact knowledge of.

Thus, even giving credence to possibility "B", the suspects had no lawful ability to detain Arbery.

IMO, this case is vitally important to Georgia as the olde school notion that one class of citizens has extremely broad rights of "self defense" over other classes of citizens and that they have some kind of endowed arrest / command authority over this group needs to end.

In short, these two men need to be prosecuted..... .

___

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, Brunswick, 23 Feb 2020 *MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Last edited by a moderator:
All I could think of when seeing AA's family in that back row as the verdicts were being read were all of the injustices that had gone before. So many white men never brought to justice simply because their victims were black. I'm so grateful for this jury to have gotten this right.

I was so anxious during deliberation and am now so relieved that I'm literally shaking. I've been following this case almost daily since early May 2020 (post #4 on thread #1 (GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former PD and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020) and am so relieved to see justice has been served for Ahmaud and his family. The verdict makes it no less heartbreaking for his parents in particular, but thank goodness that community has made it clear that the type of behavior that TM, GM, and RB engaged in is totally unacceptable and never should have taken place.

I've never been so overcome with emotion at the outcome of a trial, but having a hard time keeping it together. I know this verdict won't ever bring Ahmaud back, so it only feels like a bittersweet 'victory', but I'm so thankful that the jury was able to look at the facts and evidence and make the right call here. I'm weeping for his family. Ahmaud can rest in power now.

This just verdict happened because of several facts:

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation took over from the good ol boy police department - If they had not intervened this day would not have occurred

Roddy was arrogant enough to think taking that video would show what a great thing he and the McMichaels did that day when they murdered a young black man in cold blood- that video helped seal the guilty verdict

The jury was smart and thoughtful

Linda D. hit it out of the park- she is an amazing prosecutor-----

The judge is blessed with good demeanor and had control of his courtroom

I've never been so overcome with emotion at the outcome of a trial, but having a hard time keeping it together. I know this verdict won't ever bring Ahmaud back, so it only feels like a bittersweet 'victory', but I'm so thankful that the jury was able to look at the facts and evidence and make the right call here. I'm weeping for his family. Ahmaud can rest in power now.
I agree. I don't think any of us will ever forget seeing this young man killed and knowing his fear and pain in that moment on the street alone. Breaks my heart every time I think about it. This brings some small measure of justice. I keep hoping that one of these men will express some remorse, but I guess that won't happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back