GA GA - Dannette & Jeannette Millbrook, 16, Augusta, 18 March 1990

They made it to their friend house and left around 4:00p.m, there should've been a few witness in their neighborhood. Police should ask again.

I would also submit their case to Disappeared and Unsolved Mysteries.

Missing Millbrook twins’ case sees movement nearly 30 years later

http://wjbf.com/2017/08/24/missing-millbrook-twins-case-sees-movement-nearly-30-years-later/

The podcast is only part of what’s giving the family hope.

DNA and a one on one interview with the Richmond County Sheriff are both new starts to a long awaited turn around in the case.

These are just some of the ways the hosts of a podcast helped a local family hope for the best.

Augusta twins Jeannette and Dannette Millbrook received very little media attention after they were last seen March 18, 1990. But after seven episodes of a podcast called The Fall Line, the family is getting movement they feel might be enough to bring the girls home.

The twins, not much of anything ever happened in this case. Makes one wonder, oh and the questions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reward offered in 28-year-old missing girl cold case

An $8,000 reward is being offered for information.

A recent podcast called "The Fall Line" has sparked renewed interest in the case – ultimately receiving enough donations to rent a billboard through October.

The $8,000 reward money was raised by podcast listeners.

ColdCaseTwins_1530028217613_5702890_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

ColdCaseAgedUp_1530028399107_5702891_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

MissingBillboard_1530028217606_5702889_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Another very comprehensive podcast about the twins. The transcript is included - I'd way rather read than listen to a podcast so I found it very helpful!

The Millbrook Twins — Unresolved

Wow, thank you so much for sharing this very informative, detailed and insightful podcast. I also found the transcript very helpful.

It's obvious LE dropped the ball on this one. Even with the misguided thinking of the 90s, that you had to wait 24 hours before filing a missing persons report, they clearly didn't give the case its due diligence even after the official report.

So it's known from the podcast that the twins reported being followed earlier that morning by a man in a white van. After 3pm, they visited:

1) their godfather,
2) then their cousin,
3) then their older sister, and lastly
4) a convenience store where they knew a clerk.

Four people in four hours (since they were expected at home for dinner by 7pm).

Honestly, I get the feeling that these visits were the twins' way of trying to wait out whoever they thought was following them. Maybe they saw the white van again, but didn't say anything because they were second-guessing themselves, thinking they were being paranoid, etc. and didn't want to alarm anyone. Maybe they figured that lengthy visits with relatives would tire and deter their stalkers, especially since each visit provides yet another witness.

MLK Jr. Blvd and 12th looks pretty isolated and run down even as late as Google's Street View image of June 2016. I can't imagine what it could've looked like 26 years prior. And I can't imagine having to walk two miles alone in that kind of neighborhood.

I don't think the fight with that other girl, related to the principal of Lucy Laney High School, is connected. There were no reported issues afterwards, and the twins were leaving that school anyway in just a couple of months.

The best clue to me is still that white van. They reported seeing one man, though there could've been more. Even if it was just one person, he could've easily subdued them by pointing a weapon at one of them, knowing the twins wouldn't abandon each other. The element of surprise alone can often be enough to incapacitate a person's ability to think rationally.

My heart goes out to the family, and I pray that more info comes from the re-opening of this case.

Wow, thank you so much for sharing this very informative, detailed and insightful podcast. I also found the transcript very helpful.

It's obvious LE dropped the ball on this one. Even with the misguided thinking of the 90s, that you had to wait 24 hours before filing a missing persons report, they clearly didn't give the case its due diligence even after the official report.

So it's known from the podcast that the twins reported being followed earlier that morning by a man in a white van. After 3pm, they visited:

1) their godfather,
2) then their cousin,
3) then their older sister, and lastly
4) a convenience store where they knew a clerk.

Four people in four hours (since they were expected at home for dinner by 7pm).

Honestly, I get the feeling that these visits were the twins' way of trying to wait out whoever they thought was following them. Maybe they saw the white van again, but didn't say anything because they were second-guessing themselves, thinking they were being paranoid, etc. and didn't want to alarm anyone. Maybe they figured that lengthy visits with relatives would tire and deter their stalkers, especially since each visit provides yet another witness.

MLK Jr. Blvd and 12th looks pretty isolated and run down even as late as Google's Street View image of June 2016. I can't imagine what it could've looked like 26 years prior. And I can't imagine having to walk two miles alone in that kind of neighborhood.

I don't think the fight with that other girl, related to the principal of Lucy Laney High School, is connected. There were no reported issues afterwards, and the twins were leaving that school anyway in just a couple of months.

The best clue to me is still that white van. They reported seeing one man, though there could've been more. Even if it was just one person, he could've easily subdued them by pointing a weapon at one of them, knowing the twins wouldn't abandon each other. The element of surprise alone can often be enough to incapacitate a person's ability to think rationally.

My heart goes out to the family, and I pray that more info comes from the re-opening of this case.

That is some negligence and just police work. Writing them off as runaways, really? They had 20 dollars between them and spent the day visiting friends and family. You usually don't ask people to walk you home if you're planning to runaway.

It sounds like someone scared them. Women or teenage girls are often told to be polite or nice. If someone doesn't do or say anything that would be obviously threatening, you don't want to seem scared or hysterical if you are wrong. As a teenager you think you can handle things on your own, you also don't want the freedom of being able to leave your house taken from you if say someone is bothering you or that you are afraid. I wonder why they thought walking with their cousin would keep them safe? It just seems odd. IDK. Getting girls in the car could be because they knew the person or persons. That their kidnapper/s seemed harmless and they were close to home. The buddy system works but it can also make give you a false sense of security.

I just watched the documentary and I am so disappointed in LE and that whole crew. They didn't even bother to look or follow through on all of the info and possible leads that were given. They interviewed 1-2 people and dropped it. To say that the witness was describing another crime against young girls and not these twins, who were those girls? What case would that have been? SMH, very disappointed to say the least. IMO

Agree, was really looking forward to this documentary and it felt really rushed...never followed up on anything

Just watched it. It felt extremely dramatised, and honestly I'm not sure they ought to have told the family that story without having it verified. The verification was, okay so these people existed :eyeroll:

To recap:
Dannette's Charley Project page:
Dannette Latonia Millbrook – The Charley Project

NAMUS page:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Missing Since 03/18/1990
Missing From Augusta Georgia
She was 15 then, 46 years old now

Height and Weight were
5'6, 130 pounds

Clothing/Jewelry Description:
A white shirt with the image of the cartoon character Mickey Mouse on it, white jeans and black shoes.
Distinguishing Characteristics
African-American female, pierced ears, has a scar on her navel

She went missing with her twin sister Jeannette (information next post)

dannette_latonia_millbrook_3.jpg

Age progressed image of Dannette

Please contact Richmond County Sheriff's Office 706-821-1096 with tips. Their family is still searching for them.

Last edited:
Jeannette's Charley Project page:
Jeannette Latressa Millbrook – The Charley Project

NamUs Page:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

She was 5'4, 125 pounds
Clothing/Jewelry Description:
A blue pullover shirt, a white turtleneck, a beige skirt, white stockings and white sneakers.

Also has, pierced ears and a scar near her navel.

jeannette_latressa_millbrook_4.jpg
Age progressed image of Jeannette

Please contact Richmond County Sheriff's Office 706-821-1096 with tips. Their family is still searching for them.

I hope the information I provided in my two above posts is accurate. (Both have surgical scars near their navels, according to their pages on Charley Project?)

These two ladies deserve help. It seems their case didn't get enough from authorities back when they needed it, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back