GA GA - Dannette & Jeannette Millbrook, 16, Augusta, 18 March 1990

Was there any other reports of kidnappings in that general area during this timeframe?
I watched a documentary a while back. The girls stopped by a family members house and wanted a ride home because they thought someone was following them, but they couldn't get a ride so had to continue walking..
Case bothers me!

Reviewing MP cases with 1990 DLCs in NamUs and noticed that Dannette's case file (MP#20497) came up in my search, but Jeannette's (MP#20499) did not?

I could find Jeannette's by searching her case number explicitly and she is included in NamUs.

Disregard. Some website glitch. Showed up 30 minutes after post.

Last edited:
I believe that is because they were comparing Jeannettes DNA to a potential match, but it recently came back as NOT A MATCH. Maybe they were updating at the time (?)

"My god dad stayed on Forest Street. That was the first stop they went to. Second stop they went to after they left his house was on 12th Street. We used to live on 12th Street so we knew pretty much all the people that stay over there. We knew this lady named Agnes Jones. We know for sure that she seen them walk past her house. When they walked past her house, they went to Tin Cup Lane, which is where my cousin Juanita stayed at. Juanita couldn’t leave and go with them," their younger sister Shanta Sturgis told WJBF.

According to Unresolved, when Jeannette and Dannette stopped at their older sister's house, they asked her to walk them home. It was getting dark, and the girls decided to head home without their big sister.

"They were asking for her to walk home with them. Her mom wouldn’t let her go. They left her house and went to my sister house. My sister lived on Picquet Avenue across from a club called the High Hat," Shant told WJBF. "When they left her house, my sister told my mom they went walking toward the Pump and Shop on 12th and MLK. But at the time that they went missing, it was called Milledgeville Road."

To abduct a child is bold, to abduct 2 children is even bolder. Makes me think this vehicle cornered them so they (or one) couldn't run, pulled a weapon, or more than one person was involved..or all three scenarios for that matter. This white van is of great interest. I feel bad they mentioned this and wanted someone to walk them home :(

Do we know if there were any other reports of children missing in that general area at that time....or sightings of the white van?
When they went into the mini mart, where they were thought go be abducted from when leaving, they knew the clerk..I wonder why they didn't mention this to her..being followed?
My heart goes out to this family!!!
I hope they find answers soon!

Last edited:
APR 22, 2023

March 18, 1990, started as a normal day for 15-year-old twin sisters Dannette and Jeannette Millbrook, according to their younger sister, Shanta Sturgis, who was 12 at the time.

Although they are twins, Dannette and Jeannette each had her own unique personality. Shanta said that Jeannette was a sweet girl who loved kids and animals and was quieter and more reserved than her twin. Dannette, Shanta said, was a bit louder and was always the one to stand up for Jeannette if she needed it. Shanta described both of them as good girls.

“They really didn’t go anywhere, you know, they didn’t hang out or nothing like that,” she said. “If they did, it would be, you know, all of us together with my mom.”

Much more at Little sister still searching for twins Dannette and Jeannette Millbrook last seen in Augusta, Georgia in 1990

APR 22, 2023

March 18, 1990, started as a normal day for 15-year-old twin sisters Dannette and Jeannette Millbrook, according to their younger sister, Shanta Sturgis, who was 12 at the time.

Although they are twins, Dannette and Jeannette each had her own unique personality. Shanta said that Jeannette was a sweet girl who loved kids and animals and was quieter and more reserved than her twin. Dannette, Shanta said, was a bit louder and was always the one to stand up for Jeannette if she needed it. Shanta described both of them as good girls.

“They really didn’t go anywhere, you know, they didn’t hang out or nothing like that,” she said. “If they did, it would be, you know, all of us together with my mom.”

Much more at Little sister still searching for twins Dannette and Jeannette Millbrook last seen in Augusta, Georgia in 1990
From your link:
DJmain-art-e950b7.jpg

Shanta runs the Facebook page “Missing Dannette and Jeannette Millbrook” where she shares information and updates in her sisters’ case

15-year-olds Dannette and Jeannette Millbrook went missing on March 18, 1990 from Augusta. Two podcasts that took their story national aided in raising the reward fund to $50,000. AudioChuck, the makers of Crime Junkie, told their story last year and contributed $39,000 to the $11,000 that already existed. But that was only for one year to help find the twins. Shanta Sturgis, a sister to the twins, wants to change the stipulations. She said anyone with information on where the twins are, even if it’s the twins themselves, can get the money. That’s only if it can be verified that it is the twins through DNA.

“I want them to know that they can collect the reward money, as long as they can prove that they are them. Other than that, if the person who done what they did to them or they are holding them, they can collect the reward money too,” Sturgis said.

Any tipster would need to contact the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office. The $39,000 portion of the reward expires on August 31.

Was the father in the picture at the time of their disappearance?
My heart goes out to the family..
If you haven't had a chance to, please watch the oxygen special and listen to the Fall Line Podcast. Lots of good information. Being from the area.
I believe the story that Vernon shared with producers. The father, IMO, was complacent in their murder. He was a drug addict at the time who had a relationship with the mother of the person Vernon claimed was responsible for the twins disappearance.
These girls did not deserve this and the family needs answers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back