GUILTY GA - Joe Hundley for slapping toddler on plane, Atlanta, 2013

Here comes the psych defense....I bet he heads to a psych facility or a detox facility pretty soon if he isnt already there.

Sensitivity training too. I wonder if they have training on how to become less of a jack@ss?

I swear if I was the child's momma, I would have likely smacked the drunk. I cannot grasp why a stranger would even think about smacking someone's child. IMO

Oh I would have given that man a nice black eye of his own. Defending my child. Who knows if he was going to punch my kid again?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...-of-job_n_2708560.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Joe Rickey Hundley, Accused Of Slapping Toddler On Plane Flight, Now Out Of A Job
02/17/13 10:20 PM ET EST

MINNEAPOLIS -- A man charged with slapping a toddler on a Minneapolis-to-Atlanta flight is out of a job, his former employer said Sunday.

Joe Rickey Hundley, 60, of Hayden, Idaho, is no longer an employee of AGC Aerospace and Defense, Composites Group, Daniel Keeney of DPK Public Relations confirmed Sunday night....

From US News (Statement from Mr Hundley's now ex-employer):

“Reports of the recent behavior of one of our business unit executives while on personal travel are offensive and disturbing. We have taken this matter very seriously and worked diligently to examine it since learning of the matter on Friday afternoon. As of Sunday, the executive is no longer employed with the company."

“We wish to emphasize that the behavior that has been described is contradictory to our values, embarrassing and does not in any way reflect the patriotic character of the men and women of diverse backgrounds who work tirelessly in our business.”

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...-racial-slur-hitting-child-during-flight?lite

couldn't they add the charge of it being a hate crime on to that? IIRC that adds an automatic (forget how many years) onto the sentence.

Generally hate crime charges apply when the MAIN motivation for targeting the victim is based on race or sexual preference etc... (in this case the crying was likely the trigger, not race). Using a racial slur is not a hate crime.

That is why in most cases if a cell or wallet is taken during a beat down that appears to be racially motivated there are no hate crime charges filed because the motivation is said to be robbery, not race, even if the violence was way over the top.

...and I would venture a guess and say that probably many of the employees are thankful he's gone! I've seen my share of top execs who were narcissistic psychopaths! They step on people all the way to the top. It's very pathological. :furious:

'I'm getting hate mail': Attorney under fire for representing the 'drunk' man who slapped a crying toddler and called him 'n****r baby'

A lawyer for a man fired from his job after being accused of slapping a baby and using a racial slur on an airplane denied on Monday he was a racist and said she was getting hate mail over the assault case.
Joe Rickey Hundley of Hayden, Idaho plans to plead not guilty to federal assault charges stemming from the February 8 incident in which he is accused of striking in the face a 19-month-old boy on board a Delta Air Lines flight, said his lawyer Marcia Shein.
After saying publicly that Hundley intended to enter a plea of not guilty, his attorney said: 'I'm getting hate mail.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-toddler-called-n--r-baby.html#ixzz2LJ2O5C9U

'I'm getting hate mail': Attorney under fire for representing the 'drunk' man who slapped a crying toddler and called him 'n****r baby'

A lawyer for a man fired from his job after being accused of slapping a baby and using a racial slur on an airplane denied on Monday he was a racist and said she was getting hate mail over the assault case.
Joe Rickey Hundley of Hayden, Idaho plans to plead not guilty to federal assault charges stemming from the February 8 incident in which he is accused of striking in the face a 19-month-old boy on board a Delta Air Lines flight, said his lawyer Marcia Shein.
After saying publicly that Hundley intended to enter a plea of not guilty, his attorney said: 'I'm getting hate mail.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-toddler-called-n--r-baby.html#ixzz2LJ2O5C9U

My favorite part of the article is this;

...But the task of proving his innocence may be difficult as Bennett family attorney John Thompson told the network that there were numerous witnesses who saw Hundley strike Jonah - including a federal air marshal....

Ooh! An Air Marshall saw it!! His goose is cooked. :great:

As for getting hate mail dude. :boohoo:

Even if it wasn't my child, if I had been sitting near them and saw him slap that baby, I would have jumped on him. I'm surprised nobody else intervened because it sounds like she had to sit next to him the whole way.

Even if it wasn't my child, if I had been sitting near them and saw him slap that baby, I would have jumped on him. I'm surprised nobody else intervened because it sounds like she had to sit next to him the whole way.

I believe they were separated after that occurred.

I swear if I was the child's momma, I would have likely smacked the drunk. I cannot grasp why a stranger would even think about smacking someone's child. IMO

Exactly and if he can do that in public imagine what this man feels he can do in private.

The likelihood of this man committing suicide before he goes to trial is pretty high.

Just sayin'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back