GUILTY GA - Joe Hundley for slapping toddler on plane, Atlanta, 2013

From above link:

After the hearing, Shein issued a statement on Hundley's behalf, saying that the day before the flight on February 8, her client had learned that his son had overdosed on insulin and was in a coma on life support.

"Mr. Hundley had been up for 24 hours over this tragic news and was heading to Atlanta to decide, with his son's mother, if they should take him off life support as he had no brain activity. On the flight he was in distress, upset and grieving," Shein said. His son died the next day, she said.

From above link:

After the hearing, Shein issued a statement on Hundley's behalf, saying that the day before the flight on February 8, her client had learned that his son had overdosed on insulin and was in a coma on life support.

"Mr. Hundley had been up for 24 hours over this tragic news and was heading to Atlanta to decide, with his son's mother, if they should take him off life support as he had no brain activity. On the flight he was in distress, upset and grieving," Shein said. His son died the next day, she said.

Wow. If that bit is true, I feel bad for him; but still don't excuse his behavior.

He should have just pled guilty and gotten it over with. He is only making it worse by dragging this out.

From above link:

I feel bad for the situation he was in; however, lots of people have to deal with sad circumstances and unexpected tragedies. Not all of them slap babies.

My grandpa was on life support for awhile before he passed away. I wasn't born, but I will have to ask my Dad if he slapped any babies or toddlers in that time period.

He should have just pled guilty and gotten it over with. He is only making it worse by dragging this out.

It's part of the negotiation process. He probably will eventually plead guilty. However, a not guilty plea extends the time frame, giving the defense attorney and the prosecutor time to negotiate a plea agreement. At the time of arraignment, there usually isn't much of a plea offer, if there is one at all. That preparation comes later.

Did he even make it there to see his son before death since he was arrested and allegedly reeked of booze?

I heard nothing about an apology. I bet since he's out of a job he will claim bankruptcy in case of a civil lawsuit. I'm glad the baby was small enough that he probably won't remember the man or the incident, even though the mother claims the boy is apprehensive when it comes to strangers, which is a common trait in small children. IMO in the long term he will probably not remember.

From above link:

Not a decision that should be made while one is stumbling drunk MOO.

While he certainly should be criticized (and punished) for his behavior towards baby J, I'm uncomfortable with criticizing him for the decision to take his son off life support. It's a terrible situation for any parent, and we have no idea what the discussion between Hundley, his son's doctors, and his son's mother entailed. There's plenty to criticize without bringing the life support decision into it.

If my Mom were alive and had been on that plane she would have had him on the floor with her knee in his back and his hands behind his back. She hated to see anyone strike someone else's kid almost as bad as she hated racists. VJ would have had him where she wanted him before he knew what end was up. A tall healthy woman with muscles who ran a farm all by herself and raised six polite, well behaved (for the most part) kids to boot.

While he certainly should be criticized (and punished) for his behavior towards baby J, I'm uncomfortable with criticizing him for the decision to take his son off life support. It's a terrible situation for any parent, and we have no idea what the discussion between Hundley, his son's doctors, and his son's mother entailed. There's plenty to criticize without bringing the life support decision into it.

No one here has criticized anything about the situation with his son, imo.:seeya:

Sorry I am not meaning to be critical. Just pointing out that his judgement and decision making skills on this particular day were not good (at best). Given that he was a president of a company, it is my assumption that he normally had good judgement and decision making skills.

If my Mom were alive and had been on that plane she would have had him on the floor with her knee in his back and his hands behind his back. She hated to see anyone strike someone else's kid almost as bad as she hated racists. VJ would have had him where she wanted him before he knew what end was up. A tall healthy woman with muscles who ran a farm all by herself and raised six polite, well behaved (for the most part) kids to boot.

I would have loved your mom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i cant believe this guy. if that was me and my kid. sweet, shy, educated burbqueen would have disappeared and KIKI from the north side of Kalamazoo would have reared her ugly head and would have went all BG on his @ss!!

How can he plead not guilty....numerous witnesses including an air Marshall?

yes it's terrible about his son but thousands of people go through horrible tragedies and don't go around slapping babies and being racist.

I hope she sues the pants off him!

If this had been one of my kids I would have lost it

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

I hope they froze his assets when he was arrested, otherwise he`s probably already hidden or transferred them and I happen to think he should fund that baby`s college education.

I hope they froze his assets when he was arrested, otherwise he`s probably already hidden or transferred them and I happen to think he should fund that baby`s college education.

It makes things more difficult, but if you do that after the incident it's very easy for lawyers to get juries and judges to see right through it. IIRC

Seriously? You think he inflicted that kind of damage by slapping the kid that he should pay for the kid to go to college? I once sat on the plane with a woman that had not one but two crying children. One child kept kicking me with his feet. It wasn't very pleasant. Should that woman pay for my college education?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back